We Take It For Granted That We’ll Be The Same

Beautiful Disaster

 

a/n: i suggest u read the last part of chapter 21 in case you already forgot what happened before proceeding. :-)

 


 

 

Baekhyun is cutting vegetables for the pot roast that he's cooking for the dinner. Suddenly, multiple knocks come from the living room. He set the ingredients aside and wipes his hands clean with the front of the apron he's wearing before going to the door.

The angry knocks only stop when Baekhyun twists the knob and a panicking Gayoon appears. There are visible sweats rolling down her forehead while her face is slightly red as if she just finished a running marathon.

 

"Hey, are you alright?"

 

Gayoon swallows before speaking. "Um- Baek... I--"

 

"Oh, come in first."

 

Since Gayoon steps in the living room, she cannot stop walking back and forth and it starts to freak her friend out. Baekhyun closes the door and quickly runs to his tensing friend.

 

"Hey, calm down," Baekhyun says as he hold her shoulders. "You need to breathe and sit down, okay?"

 

Although shaking, Gayoon complies with what her friend asked. She sits down on the sofa behind her. Baekhyun sits beside her, still rubbing comforting circles on her back.

 

"What's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost or something. Do you need to see Doojoon? He's still not here but—"

 

"No. I came here to tell you something important." Her chest stops heaving but the tone of her voice makes Baekhyun more nervous and worried. He feels something bad about it.

 

"What is it?"

 

Gayoon lets out a small smile looking on the ground before turning to her friend. "Don't be mad at me but... I—I kind of told Mr. Park that you've already returned." She bit her lip. "He already knows that you're here."

 

He feels the sudden weight in his chest. "What? H-how?"

 

"I- He forced me talk! I- I don't know why but he just came up to me and abruptly asked about you."

 

"You should've lied to him instead."

 

"Y-yeah. I did. But then he saw this ring." Gayoon showed Baekhyun his ring on her finger with guilt. Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock. Disappointment shows up in his eyes, while tears where already visible in Gayoon's eyes.

 

"I'm sorry if I took this from your properties without permission. Please, forgive me.”

 

"Well, you should be," Baekhyun snaps. "Look what you've done. Chanyeol already found out. Now, I'm screwed."

 

Baekhyun cannot help but groan and rub his face with his hands. Gayoon remains silent for she doesn't what to say or how to defend herself. Though internally, she feels absolutely guilty.

 

"Baek, I'm really sorry. I—If you want, I will cancel my contact with them. I will sign out as their wedding organizer just so Chanyeol can not follow me again."

 

Baekhyun turns to her and holds her arms. "Don't do that."

 

"But—"

 

He sighs. "It's already done. There's nothing you can do anymore."

 

But it still doesn't ease Gayoon's agitation and guilt. "But what are we gonna do? I'm sure Park's hunting Doojoon as well, especially you. I'm scared."

 

Baekhyun stares at her skeptically. "He's not gonna kill you, idiot. You don't need to worry. I will face him if that's the only choice I have."

 

Gayoon sniffles. "A-are you sure?"

 

"If the time comes we see each other again, I'm not going to run away. I will take all the words he's going to throw to me," he says confidently, looking away.

 

 

It's leisure time. Instead of going out and having a lunch with his employees, Chanyeol stays in his office, pondering about his current problem. He stays in his chair, brows knitting while looking at the small golden ring on his palm. The second ring he supposed to give his first love, which is also the one filling his mind at the same time. 

 

He doesn't want to admit it but he actually feels a lot interested knowing Baekhyun's alive and back. Somehow, the pain, bitterness and longing go back in a snap of a finger, and so his love that he kept in the depth of his heart.

 

It's like all of these are planned. Why does he has to come back a month before his wedding? Why does he have  to return when Chanyeol's just about to claim his happiness with Jihyun? Why does he always keep Chanyeol from having his peace?

 

He curses lowly as he stand up from his chair. He paced around his desk in so much irritation before the whisky on the cocktail table catches his eyes.  Immediately, he grabs the bottle and pour some into his glass and gulps it without wasting time.

 

The slight burning in his throat helps him boost his state but doesn't wake his senses. Baekhyun is still in his head and god this is so aggravating. He takes the bottle again and pour another amount of alcohol into his glass. He drinks again but only a little. He closes his eyes and let the sensation burn in his tongue. But the thoughts still don't stop.

 

Why do you have to come back when everything's going just perfectly fine?

 

Why do you like messing up with my mind?

 

What did you come back for?

 

"Damn it." He groans inwardly and before he knows it, the glass is already sent flying to the wall. The sound of the shattered glasses pulls him back to his senses. But somehow, he doesn't feel a single regret from what he has done. Instead, he screams again, letting his heavy frustration out of his chest. Thankfully his cries and shouts wouldn't be heard beyond the door and glasses of his office that are made

 

"Whatever happens...I'm not gonna leave Jihyun. This won't stop me from marrying her," Chanyeol adamantly tells himself even though the urge and need to find Baekhyun is too strong.

 

He just doesn't what he will once he finds himself standing in front of Baekhyun.

 

"God, help me decide."

 

 

 

 

 

Saturday, Kyungsoo is with his lor shopping in a mall right now. Suddenly, Jongin's phone rang and Jongin excuses himself to the other  to take the call. The smaller male nods and proceeds on picking cabbages.

 

When he picked one, he's about to put it in the cart when a tall guy appears by the cart, half-startling him.

 

"Christ. Yongguk hyung, you scared me," Kyungsoo whines at the taller but then his eyes widen once realizing Yongguk had already came back. "Oh, my god. Since when did you come back?"

 

Yongguk smiles lightly, putting his hands in his pockets. "Well, just in Monday. I'm sorry if I haven't informed you soon. I was busy on updating my building here."

 

Kyungsoo smiles. "Well, great. You met Chanyeol?"

 

"Well, yeah." He crosses his arms over his chest. "Actually, we already talked and he told me something about a friend... seeing another friend."

 

Kyungsoo chuckles while picking radish this time. "A friend?"

 

"Yeah," Yongguk continued. "This friend of ours already knew Baekhyun had returned in the country."

 

After hearing those words, Kyungsoo's hand stops from moving as he froze in his position. For a second, he prays that he heard the other wrong. Slowly, he turns around to face the taller guy. Anxiousness building up inside him as Yongguk stares at him skeptically, though he tries his best not to show it on his face.

 

"You know Baekhyun is here, right? And don't you dare deny it." His tone was thick as his expression.

 

Kyungsoo visibly gulps while his hands begin to sweat. He discreetly wipes them on the side of his jeans and chuckles awkwardly. "Um, I- I don't know what you're talking about."

 

Yongguk sighs and rakes his hair with his fingers. "Look, I don't need you to lie, Soo. Nothing would happen if you just tell where Baekhyun is right now."

 

"Wait-"

 

"Chanyeol saw you one time with Baekhyun coming out from a bar."

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen. Am I busted now? , I need to make an excuse. "That's a lie. What makes him say that?"

 

Yongguk has grown tired of Kyungsoo's repetitive denial. While Kyungsoo's off guard, he abruptly grabs Kyungsoo by the shoulders making the smaller practically shriek from surprise.

 

"What a-are you doing?!"

 

"Please, tell me where's Baekhyun...Chanyeol's dying to know where he is."

 

Kyungsoo remained silent. He can't break his promise with his best friend but he also cannot lie to his friend and the look that Yongguk's giving him only adds to his pressure. He's having small battle in his mind whether if he should tell Yongguk the truth or not.

 

Someone save me from this hot seat situation, Kyungsoo internally shouts.

 

When Kyungsoo remains silent, Yongguk shakes his body. "Speak!"

 

He doesn't care for those people who watching them. All he wants to have is an answer from the other and Kyungsoo's being a stubborn brat to his simple request.

 

"What the hell are you doing?!"

 

A voice boomed at their direction. Yongguk thought it was a security guard but when he turned around, a punch welcomed his face, sending him to the grocery store's floor.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he witnessed his friend got punched by his boyfriend. "Jongin, stop!"

 

The latter immediately runs to him and cups his face in complete worry. "Are you okay? What did he do to you?"

 

Kyungsoo scowls. "Nothing. Why did you punch him?" he scolds his boyfriend before coming to Yongguk's aid, helping him to get up. Jongin is left standing before them, puzzled with ajar mouth and wide eyes. "The hell is going on?"

 

"I'm sorry, hyung," Kyungsoo apologizes to his friend.

 

"No. I deserved it. I must have scared you for your boyfriend to react," Yongguk glances at Jongin with a smile but the latter remains glowering at him with utter annoyance.

 

"Um, this is Jongin... and Jongin, this is my friend, Yongguk," Kyungsoo introduces, going back to his boyfriend's side, holding his hand.

 

Jongin's scowl remains. "Yes. I know him. We have a business family feud."

 

"Oh," Kyungsoo is a bit surprised by the information. "I didn't know that."

 

Yongguk sighs. "If you won't tell me then, fine. I think my presence isn't wanted here. I gotta go now."

 

The president starts to walk away but he's only a few steps away when Kyungsoo calls him again.

 

"Wait!"

 

Yongguk jerked his head. "Yes?"

 

Kyungsoo gulps in hesitation. "I'll tell you where Baekhyun is."

 

The other male's eyes widen. Jongin turns to him and shakes his head in disapproval.

 

 

 

 

Jihyun starts to feel worried over her fiancé, and also to their relationship. She doesn't want to jump into conclusions but she can't help herself but think Chanyeol's uncertain to marry her.

 

She trusts Chanyeol with all her heart and she has faith on him but still, there's still a possibility that Chanyeol would back out for he doesn't really love her like the way she does.

 

Jihyun's chest hurts from thinking that. She can't afford to lose the only guy she loves.

 

"What are you thinking?" Gayoon's voice breaks her off from her inner thoughts.

 

She turns to her and smiles. "I'm just wondering if Chanyeol is certain with us. You know, marrying me."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"He's just into this arranged marriage for my dad and the sake of our companies."

 

"Wait. Is he showing signs?"

 

"Not much...But I notice these past few days, he's always late coming back home from work. He's always out even though he has day offs. What if-" She paused. "What if he's seeing someone else?"

 

"What makes you think that?"

 

"He's starting to become more distant. You know, a natural feeling a girl feels whenever her fiancé does something strange."

 

Gayoon looks at her apologetically before sighing. "I need to tell you about Park's ex because I think it has to do with your suspicions."

 

The fiancée inaudibly gasps. "His ex?" Soon she remembered what her fiancé has said about a person in the past with a name, Byun Baekhyun.

 

"Yeah. Sorry for hiding it from you but Byun Baekhyun, my friend is his ex." She stops, letting her friend process everything in her mind. Jihyun is speechless and can't find a way how to react so Gayoon decides to continue.

 

"Baekhyun is your fiancé's first and true love. They were lovers since high school but they separate two times because of Baekhyun disease that he hid from Park for many years. Baekhyun left him for the second time because he's afraid of him getting hurt again."

 

Jihyun lets out a heavy, looking down on the floor. Honestly, she doesn't feel alright hearing these facts about her fiancé. She doesn't like knowing Chanyeol has already someone in his heart that she knows she would never replace.

 

But also, a part of her is worried and sad that her fiancé lost the love of his life. She knows so well how it feels like to lose someone so important to your life, because for some reason, it also happened to her as well.

 

"Tell me. Is Baekhyun here? Is he really back?"

 

Gayoon looked confused at first. "Yes. He's currently living in a shared apartment with my boyfriend."

 

"Can I meet him?"

 

Oh no. Gayoon doesn't feel quite good about her friend's request. She doesn't what Jihyun will do or say to Baekhyun if they meet.

 

"Why?" She asks with a trace of concern in her tone.

 

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna brawl with him if that's what you thinking," Jihyun assures with a brittle smile. The other sighs internally. "I just. . . want to talk to him."

 

Gayoon bites her lip and looks away. God, this decision is hard. All she thinks about this is her friend, Baekhyun. "You know, what you're asking me is really difficult for me, because I just confirmed Park about his return and now I'm going to tell Park's fiancée his confidential address. Oh, what a great friend I am."

 

"Gayoon, please," Jihyun clutches on her friend's arm. "I just need to talk to Baekhyun. I swear I'm not gonna pick a fight with him."

 

Gayoon believes her but this doesn't help with her decision. "What will you talk about?'

 

"I can't tell you. But I beg you, tell me where I can find him."

 

Gayoon swallows and turns away again. Honestly, she doesn't know if she still has any option left. Baekhyun will definitely get mad again if she spills another information about him. But Jihyun is also her friend, and she seems desperate to reach Baekhyun out. Gayoon doesn't know the reason why but she silently hopes Jihyun doesn't have any bad intention against Baekhyun.

 

What to do?

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol calls Kyungsoo and tells him to go to his office. But Kyungsoo disagrees and makes an excuse that he's busy tending the flowers in his shop. Obviously, he just avoids talking to Chanyeol from the day he encountered Yongguk in the mall. He cannot afford to spill another information about his friend's return.

 

"Why don't you just tell him about Baekhyun? One way or another, Park would confirm that his ex is back and you can't do anything about it," Jongin suddenly speaks, pulling his lover's attention from his deep thoughts. Today, they are hanging in the tea house they like to kill time in. Not to mention, this happened to be the place where Kyungsoo accepts his feelings.

 

"That's not easy... I don't want them to meet again because... they just always get hurt when they're together. When Baekhyun found that he already has a fiancé, he was devastated. I don't think they are really meant for each other."

 

Jongin looks at him with wide eyes like he grew two heads. "What kind of friend are you?" The other scowls at him. "I mean, you should support your two friends, because they want each other, right? You're not a soothsayer or something to predict if they're going to end up again or not."

 

"What?" Kyungsoo cries, scowling at his best.

 

"Chanyeol is still not married, nor Baek so there's still a chance for them, right?"

 

The knit on Kyungsoo's brows disappear,  he finally gets what the other is trying to say. He knows he already thought of bringing the two back together back looking at the painful past they have, Kyungsoo thinks they're better off without each other.

 

But right now, he changes his mind. Jongin's idea is not bad at all. Because indeed, there's still a chance for his two friends to get together again, to take back the lost love they had.

 

 

Baekhyun arrives back at his apartment after the six hour job in the automobile company he's working at as finance. The manager was hitting on him lately and only added to his stress, the nerves of that guy... he's already married. Baekhyun can only shake his head, remembering how funny the manager tried to flirt with him. Amateur.

 

He stops in front of the door after taking a flight of stairs. He takes the key from his pocket and put it straightly into the door's keyhole.

 

"Hello."

 

He jerks his head towards the sudden call. A tall and stunning girl greets him a kind smile. She almost looks like a model from the style of her hair and good outfit.

 

"Hi. Can I help you?" Baekhyun asks, holding the key back in his fingers.

 

The girl politely bows her head, still smiling. "Oh. I think it is the other way around."

 

Baekhyun raises his brow. "Huh?"

 

"I'm here to help you," she says directly, taking a step closer. "I'm gonna help you win him back."

 

Baekhyun remains staring at her in utter confusion. He really doesn't have any idea who the girl is and the thing she's talking about. So he chuckles awkwardly. "I don't get it what you're saying, Miss. I'm sorry but I don't think we know each other."

 

"I'm Jihyun, daughter of the Song Enterprise? I'm engaged to Park Chanyeol. You know him, right?"

 

Baekhyun freezes with wide eyes just after hearing the name he memorized by heart. But something isn't right. He's not sure of what he's heard.

 

"Y-you're Chanyeol's fiancée?" He asks lowly.

 

Jihyun quickly nods her head. And that's the only answer he needed to feel uptight and uneasy. He wonders what brought her to his place. Though he hope that she would not threat him away from Chanyeol.

 

"Wait. Can we please get inside first? You look like you've been waiting here for so long in the cold."

 

"Thanks but no need to. I'm just gonna talk to you real quick," she says, her lower lip. "But first things first, I gotta ask you if you're still single, cause I really need you to be single."

 

Baekhyun is totally weirded out by the lady. He can only raise frown in bewilderment. Why is she asking me this stuff? "Yeah." He nods uncertainly. "I'm not dating anyone."

 

"Great!" she exclaims, showing joy in her face. It only adds to Baekhyun's confusion. Seriously, what does she want from me?

 

"You need you to go back to Chanyeol."

 

Of course, Baekhyun didn't see that coming. He was totally taken aback by her request that is so far from what he actually thought Jihyun would ask.

 

"What?"

 

"I don't really know you, Baekhyun but I'm sure you're still in love at him just like Gayoon told me. I can see it in your eyes." Baekhyun remains silent, intently listening to her with stoic expression.

 

"So if you think of wanting to go back to him, then go. No one will stop you."

 

"Wait," Baekhyun cuts off. Hold on, he's still not sure what's going on. "Why are you telling me this?"

 

"I'm helping you two to get back and--"

 

"I mean he's yours but you sound like you want to give him away so easy."

 

Jihyun pauses. "I—"

 

"You guys are going to get married in mean time," Baekhyun adds. "You can't just.... give him up."

 

"Honestly, it's not easy for me to let go of Chanyeol because I already fell in love with that guy. But I know he would never be happy if he chooses the life of marrying me. Even if I flip the world, he will never love me back. I never seen any shine in his eyes from the day I met... and I think you're the only answer for his wounded heart. That is why I'm beseeching you right now on behalf of my feelings for him. Please, go back to his arms."

 

"But... Are you sure?"

 

"Yes. You're supposed to be with him in the first place."

 

Baekhyun ponders for some time, still thinking warily about her request. Of course he wants to go back to Chanyeol if he would ever be given a chance. But still, Chanyeol is the only will get to decide this.  "But... I don't think Chanyeol would be happy if he sees me. You know I already broke his heart more than I should," he admits, feeling the pang in his chest. "We're never sure if he still wants me in his life."

 

"Silly, you don't have to worry about that because Chanyeol still loves you," she reassures.

 

Baekhyun freezes. "How do you know?" His voice came out like a whisper.

 

She nods again, furrowing her brows. "He seems so excited finding out you were back. He became busy after so I think he was gathering information about you... he barely even comes home. He needs you in his life, Baekhyun, not me."

 

"Why are you doing this?" asks Baekhyun lowly while studying her eyes. He can see the hurt and agony in them.

 

"I'm doing this out of love."

 

Then she embraces him tightly into her arms. Baekhyun was slightly taken aback, but gently hugs her back. When they pull apart, she forms the biggest smile she ever gives to a stranger. "I wish you good luck."

 

 

 

 

Jongin pulls the car in in front of the building. He pushes a button on the dashboard and the window slowly rolls down. Baekhyun at the back peeks at the tall building that Chanyeol owns. He sighs and leans back on his seat.

 

"I'm still not ready."

 

"Come on, Baek. You can do this," Kyungsoo says, touching his knee. "Just get inside, find his office and go talk to him."

 

"I... it's just... I think I still need some time. I need time to muster up courage."

 

"Baek..."

 

Jongin holds his lover's shoulder, stopping him. "Don't force him, Soo. He doesn't look ready."

 

"So you're just gonna peek him? You're fine with that?"

 

"Yes. I've never seen him in a couple years. I just wanna know how he looks now."

 

Kyungsoo knit his brows and shakes his head. "Silly, you need to—"

 

"There he is!" Jongin exclaims, pointing at the entrance of the building. Their heads turn to the direction where he's pointing and Baekhyun's eyes slowly widen.

 

He watches as Chanyeol walk out of the building with some other men dressed in suit as well. They are laughing by his side while his face remains stoic. Obviously, he doesn't look joyful unlike them. His hair is the only thing that changed, he's growing a bit beard but his charming looks are still there... especially those eyes. They are still the same just like the last time they saw them.

 

Chanyeol gets inside his own car followed by his men. Baekhyun lips begin to tremble as he watches the car drift off the road. Taking his sunglasses off, he quickly wipes off the tears that formed in the corner of his eyes.

 

Kyungsoo's eyes soften, seeing his friend hurt like this. This isn't part of their plan. He knows how much Baekhyun wants to see and embrace him but it is guilt and shame that's stopping him from doing so. He couldn't even approach Chanyeol or stand even a few distant from him. He is so cautious Chanyeol might see him. If he only could do anything for his friend to lessen the pain he has.

 

 

 

The next day, Kyungsoo doesn't hesitate to barge in Chanyeol's office without knocking. The president looks over the papers he's checking and forms a frown at the sudden guest. He puts the papers down on the table and slips them inside a folder. Raising his eyes, he sees Kyungsoo holding a box in front of him.

 

"Here," Kyungsoo speaks, handing him the box.

 

Chanyeol takes it from his hand and examines it. From the smell of it, he easily notices it is food, something sweet. Reluctantly, he accepts the box and just stares at it on the table before looking back at Kyungsoo.

 

"Kyungsoo—"

 

"You can peek you know," the other cuts, thinning his lips.

 

Still frowning, Chanyeol complies and lifts the upper lid of the box. He sees fresh baked cookies inside with cute and colorful toppings. He looks up at Kyungsoo and shows a smile.

 

"Thanks."

 

Kyungsoo crosses his arms before nodding. "Yeah. That's for you, president."

 

"I'm pretty much sure they look delicious. I don't even need to predict their taste."

 

Kyungsoo smiles wider, watching Chanyeol taking one bite. "Yeah. They look tasty indeed. How is it?"

 

He nods. "Perfect."

 

"Your baking skills never rust, friend," Chanyeol comments, dusting off the sugar from his fingers. "You're the best."

 

"Thank you for the compliment," then he drops his smile. "But I'm not the one who made them... oops."

 

Chanyeol raises a brow and his head. "Jongin?"

 

"God, no. He can't even fry or mix for God's sake," Kyungsoo chuckles and shakes his head. Of course Chanyeol wouldn't figure out. But damn, Kyungsoo cannot wait to see his reaction.

 

"Who then?"

 

As if on cue, Kyungsoo's phone buzzes in his pocket, Chanyeol watches as he check his phone. Turns out, he receives a message from Jongin regarding to their night date. Kyungsoo needs to take his leave. Perfect.

 

"Um, Chanyeol I need to go—"

 

"But I thought you're going to eat this with me."

 

Kyungsoo hurriedly walks back to the door and stops. "Silly, they are just for you." He beams broadly. "Baekhyun said so. See ya!" Then he hastily exits and slams the door close.

 

Chanyeol stands up from his chair at the same time to follow Kyungsoo. But when he gets out, Kyungsoo is already out of sight everywhere. Damn it. Honestly, he didn't see that coming. Kyungsoo is really full of freaking surprises. He takes his phone from his coat and tries dialing Kyungsoo's number. The call is immediately rejected. Of course.

 

Cursing in defeat, Chanyeol walks back to his office. His eyes turns at the little box on the table. He strides back to his table and sits down on his chair. The box really looks fixed and decorated well. He never knew Baekhyun could bake that's why he was really surprised finding out they were actually for him. He looks inside the box and sees a slip of paper inside.

 

Frowning, he takes the note and reads it.

 

"Have a good day and don't stress too much... Love, Baekhyun."

 

It is actually from Baekhyun, the love of his life that he badly wants to find and see. Chanyeol memorized his hand written by heart, especially his name's signature. Carefully, he leans back in his chair and shuts his eyes.

 

Where are you, Baek?

 

What's stopping you from seeing me?

 

I hope you know I badly want to see you just as much as you do...

 

He's a bit stressed from work but he still manages to form a smile because of the new hope building up in him.

 

"I'm gonna find you, I swear to God...."

 

 


a\n:

HI GUYS! I'm back from the dead! I was suppposed to update last week but my friends always drag me with 'em after school and I barely have any sleep. I'm sorry for the long update. / I really feel bad being absent the whole August \so I decide to ditch them dis time haha. 

                                                                                                                 

nxt update will be like next next week :)

/pak ganern/