There's More to Discover

Beautiful Disaster

 

"Tell me what happened back there, Baekhyun." Doojoon demands Baekhyun after an eternity of silence. Baekhyun merely bows his head down, refusing to answer the othermale. Itwas already evening but the two of themare still resting in front of the fire while everyone's already asleep in their own tents.

 

"Did Mr. Park hurt you?" he asks more seriouslyabout the matter but Baekhyun only shakes his head, burying his chin between his knees.

 

"Then how can you explain that bruise on your wrist?" Doojoon pushes just to make Baekhyun speak, but the question worries Doojoon himself so much for Baekhyun."I know something is up between you two and I'm so worried for you... as your friend."

 

After thinking for a while, Baekhyun decides to tell hisdeserved friend a secret. He slowly turns to him. "He's my ex boyfriend."

 

Doojoon's eyes widenautomaticallyat the information. His jawhangsopen for a while, still processing the words in his head for a while. "Mr. Park was your boyfriend?!" he asks in an almost disbelief tone. Never he realized that the two were cross lovers from the past.

 

Baekhyun quickly shushes him and presses a finger against his lips. "Don't you say that loudly." he whispers angrily.

 

Doojoon throws his hands in the air for defeat. "O-okay.. sorry. I'm sorry. But you can't blame me though. I'mjust so shocked that.. Park Chanyeol, my bosswas gay. So, it's true."Doojoon mutters, recapping those rumors he heard about their boss being a homoual.

 

As he continues to think, Baekhyun nibbleshis lip. "Well, I'm the one who broke us. I dumped him."He mutterslowly with a hint of pure sadness.

 

Then, Doojoon turns to him once he recovered from shock."Can you tell me why?"

 

There's a pause, and then Baekhyun sighs, hugging his knees tighter. "I don't want to remember... but I'll tell you anyway."

 

He says as he try to reminisce all the bittersweet moments he had with Chanyeol in their highschool and teenage days. Like opening a box that contains good and bad memories.

 

"Wemet each other in fourth grade. We became so much close tto each other that people wold think we're inseperable.. But that was true. Chanyeol confesses his love to me the next year." a smile forms in his lips suddenly. "I told him that I feel the same but I told him to wait until we become sophomores because you know we were so young at that time. Chanyeol thankfully agreed and he waited like I wanted him to."

 

"And so westarted dating when we're both seventeen for two years. Then he proposed to me the day before we graduate highschool.. but- but I said no to him," he stressesthe last words in a sorrowful voice.

 

Doojoon is shocked again. "W-why? Did you not love him anymore?"

 

Baekhyun scoffs, a bitter chuckle escaping his lips. "I really loved him... maybeup to this day... but I rejected his proposal b-because I was scared at that time." he crinkles his eyes from preventing tears to come out. "You know we were so young and I don't want to marry someone in that early age. I still had plans in my life you know..." he looks down on his feet again, gaining more strength to continue telling the past. "But then after a year, I realized I was wrong, I quickly regretted that big mistake. I- I realized that I was a coward and a ing terrible boyfriend and what hurt the most was that I broke Chanyeol's heart so bad... I just wanted to kill myself at that time."

 

Doojoon's face soften as he sees Baekhyun's tears already falling down and his voice cracking. He knows Baekhyun is regretting his past actions, he can see it through his heart."Baek-"

 

"I did a big mistake t-that's why God punished me because of that... My life became so unfortunate after that... but I don't want to talk about those days. I feel sick talking about my misfortunes..."  he whispers.

 

Doojoon eyed him solemnly with sympathy before sighing. "Everyone had their on downhills in life but I'm glad that you survived whatever misfortunes you experienced. But I hope Chanyeol will forgive you soon. I still think he has a soft side in his heart and find it yourself so he will forgive you."

 

"Thanks.," Baekhyun says lowly.

 

"Do you think he still loves you?" Doojoon asks suddenly, making Baekhyun freeze.

 

"Um... I- I don't think so. You know, he still hates me so much that I'm the last person that he ever wants to see... He told me that though."

 

Doojoon nods, locking his eyes on the flickering flames. "But I guess he will change too. Let's hope for the best."

 

Baekhyun smiles, making Doojoon smile as well. Doojoon wonders how this one angelic guy could experience so much suffering in the past, he can't imagine it.

 

"Yeah, it's my first and last goal right now... How to make Park Chanyeol forgive me."

 

Doojoon smiles at him, looking at his eyes. "Yeah."

 

 

 

-

 

 

"I only loved one person in my life and that's you."

 

Those words are still ringing in Chanyeol's head since he confronted the brunet. He couldn't fall asleep even how much he tried but everytime he close his eyes, Baekhyun is always appearing in his mind like a gif image and his words repeating likesome crazy mantra.

 

". Get out of my head!" Chanyeol curses, covering his head with the pillow.He badly wants to sleep. He's so exhausted at the day. Not to mention, he just cried earlier because ofwhat Baekhyun had told him.

 

That liar... He said that I'm the only one that he loved then who's that ing guy with him inside the parlor seven years ago?!

 

, I don't want to think of it so much

 

That guy is a ing liar and everything he says is not true.

 

Chanyeol tells himself repetitively. He's determined to forget Baekhyun that it ails his head from so much thinking of ways how to.

 

Then something comes up in his mind again and a bulb glows over his head.

 

I guess I should dispose him out of this goddamn project so I can stop seeing him everyday. Hell, I don't think I will take a whole month seeing him everyday and pestering me like a pest.

 

But Yongguk likes him.. Hmm. I should find a way how to make Baekhyun leave...

 

Chanyeol smirksat his plan that has built up in his mind. He'll make sure that Baekhyun wouldn't last a week in the mountain.

 

 

Just as Mr. Bang woke up, Chanyeol already visits his tent earlier that morning. Mr. Bangis almost suprised at hissecret rival visiting him early.

 

"Are we gonna talk about the blueprints?" He asks while rubbing his eyes with the heel of his palm.

 

Chanyeol shook his head. "I want to inform you something about one of your people."

 

Mr. Bang creases his brows after Chanyeol mentioned about his people. There's no way his great workers would do such a thing in the project. Not to brag but Yongguk thought he has the best people rather than Chanyeol's.

 

Yongguk lets the other president take a sit whilehe sits down on his bed. "Who?"

 

Chanyeol's face straightened seriously. "Your executive director Byun has been hooking up with one of my workers... and you know I don't any distraction for my workers. I think your director should do his job instead of mingling around."

 

Mr. Bang nods his head slowly. "Okay. I get it. I'll tell him right away. Don't worry, your complain would be solved soon I promise." Mr. Bang swears as one president to another.He looks untroubled at all.

 

Chanyeol blinks a few times in bewildermentbefore nodding. Wow, that's fast. "Um.. Okay... I guess you will." he says before leaving the tent. He guessed he was just fussed how easily Yongguk agreed to him.

 

Bang Tongguk stared at Chanyeol's earlier position for a while with a knowing smirk before muttering: "Jerk."

 

 

Chanyeol quickly found Baekhyun once he left Yongguk in the tent. He looked around the area and sees Baekhyun with that Doojoon guy alone near the lake.

 

Chanyeol frownsagain. "What the hell are they doing?" he asks  himself before mindlessly walking towardsthe lake.

 

He hears loud giggles and splash of water as he gets closer. Curiosity killed the cat and he fasten his pace to the lake. Only to see Doojoon topless and floating in the water while Baekhyun was sitting on the edge of the raft,watching the other topless guy swim.

 

"Hey!" The two jerktheir heads up to the caller. Baekhyun widenhis eyes as he sees the president.

 

"What are you two doing there?" he asks a bit impudently.

 

Baekhyun shoots a smile first. "We're just wandering around and we saw this lake so Doojoon and I decided to take a break here."

 

Chanyeol continues to frown when Doojoon yells something. "This water is so warm, sir. Come on, join me here!"

 

"Yeah." Baekhyun says. "Why don't you join him?"

 

Chanyeol turns his attention to the smaller. There's a hint in his eyes that says he know Chanyeol loves swimming and he stilldoesn't forget it.

 

Chanyeol just shakes his head again. "Do what you want but I want you two back to work once you finished taking your breaks." he reminds the two before walking back to the camp.

 

There's still a frown on his face while making his way back. I know that midget can barely swim and I hope he drowns in that lake!

 

"Mr. Park!"

 

The voice calling him interupts him from his thoughts. Chanyeol looks up and sees Mr. Bang walking towards him while holding a paper.

 

"Did you see Baekhyun?" Mr. Bang asks. Chanyeol raises a brow at the formally used by the president.

 

"Yep." he turns to the direction where the lake is. "He's in the lake with Doojoon."

 

Worry begins to show on Mr. Bang's face. "What are they doing there?"

 

Chanyeol shrugs. "Swimming?"

 

Mr. Bang sighs, removing his glasses. "You just said that you don't want Baekhyun around your people then why did you just left them together?"

 

Chanyeol pauses and yes, he forgets about that. His feet just forced him to get out of the place. "Well- I don't want to spoil their fun. They're just in their break anyway so nothing biggie."

 

Mr. Bang still looks unamused. "I'm gonna say this straight to you too, Mr. Park."

 

Chanyeol tilts his head to the side with a confident smile. "Shoot."

 

"I don't want that Doojoon of yours around my Baekhyun and I hate how close they are." He says and Chanyeol continues to smile.

 

Then Mr. Bang walks closer to the other president until they're eye to eye. Mr. Bang's face is so serious contrast to Chanyeol's who just mocked him. "You're the first one I'm telling this: I want Baekhyun mine and I don't want anybody else stealing him away from me so better keep that Doojoon away from Baekhyun."

 

And that confident smile on Chanyeol's face quickly dissolves as his teeth start gritting silently.

 

"He's mine."Mr. Bang says more like a warning before walking pass the other. He leaves Chanyeol there with a bitter expression on his face. Then his knuckles are turning to white as well from so much clenching.

 

"Baekhyun really poisoned those two's pathetic minds." he fakes a chuckle. "I don't care... I just hope Baekhyun would be gone here before the week ends."

 

 

 

 

=^_^_^=FLASHBACK=^_^_^=

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, I'm telling you, we're not going to that pool!"

 

"What are you afraid of? Can't you swim?"

 

"O-of course I can, idiot!"

 

"There. Why can't you just join me?"

 

"I d-don't want to get wet!"

 

"But I want to swim. Please, just come with me, okay?"

 

He heard the smaller groan in protest before following him. Chanyeol quickly run to the pool and jumped in the water with a splash, making Baekhyun get caught by water.

 

"You dork!" Baekhyun yells angrily.

 

Chanyeol just laughed at his wet figure and started flashing water towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun tried his best to defend himself just by using his small arms around himself.

 

Then Chanyeol secretly walks forward to grab and pull the other to get into water. He tuckes Baekhyun's shirt but the smaller quickly snapped and yelled."I can't swim!"

 

Chanyeol quickly let go of his shirt and felt guilty. "I- I'm sorry,I don't know."

 

Baekhyun blushed. "I-I'm sorry you have to know that. It's so embarassing.."he muttered, fumbling with his wet shirt.

 

Chanyeol sighed before leaving the pool and joining the other beside him."It's nothing to be ashamed of. You're not the only in the world who can't swim."

 

"But still- I think you will make fun of me once you found it out." Baekhyun reasoned with a pout. Chanyeol chuckled and wrapped an arm around Baekhyun.

 

"I can just teach you how to swim, you know."

 

Baekhyun's face brightens up. "R- really? B-but you won't let me drown, are you?"

 

Chanyeol faked a hurt expression. "Do you doubt your soon-to-be boyfriend, huh? Of, course I wouldn't ever let you drown... or get hurt- that's a promise."

 

The smaller tucked his arm and smiled. "I trust you, Chanyeol." he said before hugging his giant friend.

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

haha.. Chanyeol is so close to erupt

So it's official, Yongguk has feeelings for Baek...