Stronger Than We Were Before

Beautiful Disaster

 

Two days have passed, some of the workers started packing their things before the construction team comes. Doojoon helps Baekhyun pack his thing since the younger isn't completely healed yet. They will already leave the mountain the next day and Baekhyun wonders what would happen next.

 

Although he and Chanyeol are finally okay, there's still something in his mind and heart that he wants to happen. He can't help but think if he should really give Chanyeol another chance when his only objective in the first place was to ask forgiveness from the giant, that's all. But now, he's not sure anymore.

 

The ring around his finger catches his attention in a blink. He caresses it carefully with his fingers. There are really some things that do not change or gets old even a hundred years happen. There are things that always remain the same, just like his love for Chanyeol.

 

But then, there's no thing such as forever, he knows those things have due time and so is he.

 

Baekhyun closes his eyes shut,  supressing the tears from flowing from his eyes. He's tired of crying and wants this habit to end. Right, he can't get back with Chanyeol again, even how much he wanted to.

 

Chanyeol deserves someone better...

 

"Baekhyun!" Baekhyun's ears perk from the call of his name. He wipes the tear away and turns around to see his friend. It's Doojoon, his dearest and closest friend in the camp. He's walking towards him, displaying a wide smile.

 

"Baek, are you done?"

 

"Um. Yep. Almost finished."

 

Doojoon looks around momentarily before beaming at him. "Well, you should come with me. I suggest we explore this mountain for the last time before leaving. So?"

 

Baekhyun thins his lips. "Um. Okay. Sounds great!" he exclaims and quickly stands up from his position.

 

 

"What are we doing here?" Baekhyun asks, looking around because there's no much he could see at this part of the mountain.  This is just the side of the mountain.

Doojoon comes  after him, leaning on the tree beside him. He forms a smile, taking off his cap from his head.

"We should get back now," Baekhyun suggests, looking down at the river below. "We already reached the peak and saw everything here."

"Yeah. But there's one thing I need to do."

Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest and smiled. "And what is that?" He takes steps toward his friend who does the same.

Doojoon's face turns serious. "I want to say this before we even leave the mountain... leave our great times here.."

"Yes... What is it?" Baekhyun starts to worry what his friend would say to him because it sounds important and humorless.

Doojoon takes his hand first, gentle and friendly before he it with his fingers. Baekhyun just continue to look at him. "You might find it crazy of me but... since the first day we met." He pauses. "I think I'm starting to fall in love again."

 

Baekhyun's frown slowly disappears but he remains wordless.

 

"And I hope you wouldn't mind having a friend who likes you more than a friend," he continues, walking closer until there's only a few space between them. Baekhyun doesn't step back or flinch.

 

Doojoon gifts him an affectionate smile before he leans down and captures Baekhyun's lips. They feel so soft and delicate just like how he imagines would it be. Doojoon is sure he would treasure this moment forever. Because even he is not to win Baekhyun, he has still got a taste of his pretty lips. And the best part is that Baekhyun didn't push him or even pull back. He's okay with that.

 

He pulls back and releases a small chuckle  "I'm sorry. I just—"

 

"It's okay," Baekhyun cuts, showing a small smile.

 

Doojoon raises a brow. "You're not mad."

 

He shakes his head and chuckles. "No.

 

"Really? Even though I didn't ask permission or—"

 

"At least you told me," Baekhyun says, nodding his head. Then his eyes soften. "It's okay. But I'm sorry I can't—I have... I have someone."

 

"I know," Doojoon says. "I understand, Baek. I don't have chance for you but I'm so glad you didn't get mad or ran away. With that, I'm okay."

 

"We're always be friends no matter what."

 

"Yeah."

 

 

 

 

Once they come back from their little tour, Chanyeol was the first to approach Baekhyun. He's half worried and half annoyed, he's annoyed that Baekhyun is with Doojoon again.

 

"Baek, I guess you should stop hanging out with Doojoon. It makes my blood boil just by seeing you happy with somebody else." Chanyeol bluntly said which made Baekhyun a little bit surprised at his sudden cold behaviour.

 

But in the other side, Baekhyun thinks he's just being jealous and over - protective and he can't help but smile at the thought. Chanyeol raises a brow as he did so.

 

"Why are you smiling?"

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and thins his lips. "Nothing. I just find your jealousy cute."

 

"Pardon me?" Chanyeol scoffs. "I admit I am jealous but what's cute with that? Baek, I was being serious and you're just going to laugh in the situation."

 

"You're paranoid."

 

"But I'm your lover."

 

"Who informed you that?" Baekhyun asks, lips forming a teasing grin. "I still don't give you such a deal. We're not dating, Mr. Park."

 

"We're not yet." Chanyeol holds up a finger. "But you'll be mine soon, midget. That's a promise."

 

The shorter only could shakes his head while laughing. "Gee, fine."

 

"And one more thing, stop calling me Mr. Park. I prefer you call me by my first name."

 

"Okay. I'll call you pabo." Chanyeol frowns and pretends a hurt expression, earning another chuckle from the other. "What? That's your first name, right?"

 

That was Chanyeol's time to shake his head. "Baek, I love your humor and all, but I got to admit you'te still so cute just as when you were in highschool. You never changed...  And I love it."

 

They stare at each other's eyes and Baekhyun  flashes a smile. "I never changed... so was my feelings for you, idiot." he muttered.

 

Chanyeol's sneaky smile wasn't there anymore but instead a sincere and gleeful hope on his face. "I missed you so much, Baekhyun. Just so you know." he whispered the last sentence, knowing he's in the bridge of crying again and he didn't want to spoil the moment that fast.

 

"I know." Baekhyun says.

 

Chanyeol's gaze moves down to the smaller's hands and he took them with his before bringing them close to his lips. "I miss your beautiful hands, also." he peppered them with butterfly kisses before looking on Baekhyun's eyes again.

 

"They look more perfect with the ring you're wearing." Chanyeol compliments before putting the hands down and back to their owner.

 

"Thanks for keeping it Baek. It was enough to prove me that you never forget me- us." he sighs. "You never forget that we happened and I'm so grateful with that."

 

"Chanyeol-"

 

"Whenever you're ready, Baek, please tell me. I can wait anytime."

 

 

 

Baekhyun is called in Mr.  Bang tent later that afternoon. He instantly follows and goes straightly to his boss's tent. Once he gets there, Baekhyun sees Mr. Bang calmly sitting on one of the couches. Before Baekhyun could greet, Mr. Bang already stands up from his seat.

 

"Sit here, Baek." he gestures the smaller to the couch across him. Baekhyun nods and complies to his boss' request sitting on the coach.

 

He really doesn't have any the slightest idea why Mr. Bang suddenly called him but Baekhyun remains waiting patiently until Mr. Bang speak to him.

 

"So." the president starts."I see you and Mr. Park get back already."

 

Baekhyun almost blushed. "Um. Not exactly but we're fine.. I suppose." he says with honesty.

 

Mr. Bang sighs, looking down on his knees. "Well,. I'm happy for you Baekhyun, as your friend. I just hope you feel the same too. You're happy for the last time.. But I wonder how Chanyeol would take it."

 

Baekhyun's smile falters at the last statement. Of course, he's happy, he just won his love back and he can't ask for anything in the world. But then nothing lasts forever. He will leave Chanyeol anyway.

 

Thinking of the hardest part,  Baekhyun couldn't hurt Chanyeol just by leaving again just like what he did seven years ago. No, he can't afford to do that.

 

Suddenly, his throat gone dry and he felt his chest getting heavy inside. "You're right. But this is just a one time opportunity and I can't say no to Chanyeol. I want to give him a chance... even just the last day of my life. I will show him my love."

 

Yongguk stares at him for a while before heaving a breath out. "I see. Then I suppose you won't be needing me anymore. I hate to say goodbye to you but it's the time."

 

"Yeah, sadly." Baekhyun comments.

 

"I will miss you, Baekhyun."

 

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Baekhyun asks worriedly.

 

"Yes, don't worry." Yongguk reassured with a smile. "I'm so thankful that I've become part of your love story with Park. I just hope it will end great."

 

"Thanks. You've done so much to me, Yongguk. I don't know how I could repay you."

 

Yongguk rests his hand on the smaller's shoulder. "I'm your friend, Baekhyun. Don't forget that."

 

"Okay. Thank you so much, my friend." Baekhyun says before hugging Yongguk tightly. They pull back with contented before looking at each other's eyes.

 

"So, when will you tell Chanyeol?"

 

Baekhyun thinks for a while. He had never think of that part, from being too busy hanging out and spending time with his ex.

 

"I—Don't worry.. I'll figure it out when." Baekhyun answers. "In meantime, of course."

 

Yongguk nods before smiling. "Okay. That's good. I'm just here behind you to support you as a friend. Good luck, Baek."

 

 

 

Later that night, Doojoon and Baekhyun are still awkward and distant to each other. Baekhyun don't want to separate tents with his friend but he knows they both need space and it will be more awkward if they would stay  in one tent. So, Baekhyun decides to move to Chanyeol's, as the latter requested earilier that day.

 

So, Chanyeol was surprised when he saw Baekhyun by his tent holding some blankets and pillows.

 

"Good evening." Baekhyun greets sheepishly.

 

Chanyeol blinks a few times before breaking in a grin. "Oh. Good evening. Come in."

 

Baekhyun nods with his flushed face before entering the president's tent. Chanyeol helps him fix and make his bed before shooting him a question.

 

"So, what made you change your mind? Does your heart already long for me?" Chanyeol teases with a smirk.

 

Baekhyun chuckles. "I won't feed your fat ego, pabo. I can't share a tent with Doojoon tonight."

 

"Why? Did you guys have a fight?" Chanyeol asks interestedly 'cause he waited so long for this time to happen.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head with a small smile. "No. We sort of just awkward to each other. He can't even look at me in the eye. But you know, I don't want to leave tomorrow with us cross with each other. I'd want to talk to him tomorrow."

 

Chanyeol raises a brow. "So, what exactly did happen?"he asks, finally sitting on his own bed.

 

Baekhyun keeps silent for some seconds, playing with his fingers before responding to the other. "You see... when we- I mean Doojoon and I went to the mountain this morning, right? He said something to me."

 

"Wa- wait. Wait. You two went together up in the mountain?" Chanyeol asks with a hint of jealousy. "Why?"

 

Baekhyun looks confused at his question for some moments. "Well,  he asked me since we're all about to leave anyway."

 

Chanyeol nods warily. "Um... Okay. Continue, you're saying that he told you something?"

 

"Yes. He was talking about random stuffs and I didn't see it coming a-and he just confessed to me." Chanyeol jerks his head from shock. "He says that he's in love with me." Baekhyun clarifies.. Only making Chanyeol  more angry than he already was.

 

Chanyeol rubs his temple, trying to process what the brunet just said. He realizes all his assumptions are true about that Doojoon . Without noticing, his fists were already balled tightly  against the sheets.

 

He took a heavy breath before turning to the brunet again. "I'm not amused."

 

"I can see that." Baekhyun instantly replies, nodding his head. "But I have to tell you to brace yourself for what I am about to say next."

 

Chanyeol's expression gets more seriously furious. "So, what? Did that bastard gave you flowers? Who the hell does he think he is? He knows that you belong to me and how rude of him just to try taking you away from me?! Like he will win against me. I can fire him anytime I want you know." Chanyeol rant and folded his arms against his chest, showing his biceps.

 

Baekhyun paused before shaking his head. "No. He didn't gave me flowers or any sweet items. Instead, he gave me a... kiss."

 

Once hearing the last word, Chanyeol's eyes instantly widen in shock and anger. He stood up from his bed and began cursing furiously about Doojoon.

 

", I wouldn't allow that to ing happen. No. No! Why the did he do that? I'm definitely firing that bastard.. no, I'll kill him first before I do that!" he yelled before sprinting to exit the tent but Baekhyun quickly stopped and called him.

 

"Chanyeol, you can't just do that!"

 

"Of course, I can." Chanyeol says as-a-matter-of-factly. "I'm the president hence, I can do whatever in the ing world I want."

 

Baekhyun rises from his seat and walks towards the giant. "Well, what will you tell him? You have to tell him reasons why you had decided to fire him."

 

Chanyeol sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I will lie. I can do that. I will do anything for that to get him kicked out of my company."

 

Baekhyun shuts his eyes and shakes his head. "No. I'm telling you you don't have to fire him. He's not doing anything wrong."

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen. "Nothing?" he almost shouted. "Baek, he just kissed you and you're saying it was nothing? Maybe for you it's nothing... but for me, I won't let it pass easily. Damn, I feel cheated." he grunts. Baekhyun's stare softens at him. "Do you understand? Even though we're not together, you can't blame me to get jealous. Seriously, what kind of guy would want his lover get kissed by someone else? It literally breaks my heart."

 

Baekhyun furrows his brows in worry. He sighs and tries to comfort the giant by holding his hands which actually works.

 

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol. I don't want to hurt you. I'm sure Doojoon feels the same too. He just made a mistake, I think and let his feelings go and so there, he kissed me." Baekhyun pausea. "But just so you know, I didn't like the kiss. I swear. I never felt anything at all, really." Baekhyun shrugs."I promise I will no let it happen again, Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol hold his both hands before sighing. "I know. But I still can't take it thinking someone kissed my baby behind my back. Good thing you told me immediately."

 

"Because you deserve to know. You can do anything to Doojoon but just don't fire him, okay?"

 

Chanyeol nods before kissing the smaller's hand. "Yeah."

 

"I'm not going to love any other guys beside you, Yeol."

 

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

 

The other people already left the place with such disappointment but Chanyeol was still on the rooftop, sitting on his knees while staring at the diamond ring he planned to purchase for three months.

 

Why?

 

Was the first question that came out from his mouth after an hour of howling and sobbing.

 

He never expected Baekhyun to say no to him for he promised he would always say yes to Chanyeol no matter what. But Baekhyun had broke that promsed.

 

Chanyeol thought Baekhyun has loved him with all his heart and soul just like the way Chanyeol loves him. Even he's just a nerd, Baekhyun still accepted him to his world and his heart.

 

But why would he reject him terribly.

 

Baekhyun must have a reason for it.

 

"Chanyeol-ah." Joonmyun called from behind, with Sehun on his side. Chanyeol heard them but his mind was not working straight at the moment.

 

"I feel bad for him." Sehun whispered to the president. "I really don't know why Baekhyun rejected him. That idiot is really unpredictable sometimes."

 

"Shut up. We don't want to intervene in their problem, right? Chanyeol needs a shoulder right now and as his friends, we need to help him. He looks so hurt." Joonmyun said to the younger before walking towards Chanyeol.

 

Nothing could ever define how hurt Chanyeol was in that time.

 

It was worse than drowning under the sea with lack of air.

 

Worse than being bullied and beaten by ten people.

 

Worse than failing an exam.

 

Worse than dying.

 

It was the worst day of Chanyeol's life, indeed. The first disaster that came in his life which was made by his boyfriend.

 

"Chanyeol. You need to go home. The school will close in ten minutes."

 

Chanyeol didn't budge nor respond to the elder. Joonmyun sighed and held his shoulders.

 

"Chanyeol, I understand what you're feeling but seriously you need to move your up and just call it a day." Joonmyun said.

 

"No."

 

"Please, let's go home. I promise I will help you sort it out. We'll talk to Baek tomorrow, if that's what you want."

 

"I don't know why he did that, hyung. W-why did he reject me? " he asked in a broken tone. "What did I do wrong?!"

 

"Chanyeol, stop. Don't blame yourself or anything. You've done nothing wrong and I guess Baekhyun was just shocked and nervous he didn't get to answer you clearly." Chanyeol stopped sobbing and looked up at him. "Yes, you need to talk to him but let's just end this day today. We will talk to him, okay?"

 

The taller sniffed before nodding slowly. "Fine, hyung."

 

"Good." Joonmyun gave him a smile before helping him to stand up. Chanyeol stood up but then he purposely dropped the ring on the ground.

 

"Why did you drop it?" Sehun asked in confusion.

 

Chanyeol watched the ring roll on the ground before turning to his friend. "I don't need that anymore. It only reminds me of earlier and it kills me, that's why."

 

His two friends hummed and nodded before they proceed to walk to the door, completely forgetting the silver ring on the rooftop.