Aya Shiori

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Italics for conversations in Japanese.

November 15: 7:15pm, Arrival Gate, Haneda Airport, Tokyo

Hayaley knew this day would come. So did Yoon Seung Hoon. Once Hayaley accepted to contract as JYJ’s Audio Director for the Japan Dome Concerts, it would be inevitable that they would be on a collision course with her other life. That was one reason why he fought so hard to find somebody else to fill that position.

It is almost impossible to hide Hayaley’s coming and going to and from Japan. Of course they could have scheduled her arrival on a different day or time to avoid the press or fans but the staff would still have eventually figured out that Director Sung has a different identity.

Hayaley met with the CEO of JYJ’s agency with Seung Hoon-oppa. Both Kelly and Takeshi skyped in to smooth out the logistics. Takeshi Sakata is the Managing Director for CMG (Common Musical Ground) in Japan. He is a former college buddy of the Common Ground members from USC. Originally from Japan and having a Computer Engineering degree as well as an MBA, it makes logical sense for him to be the head of CMG Japan. It’s also a plus that the Common Ground members know him well and trust his judgment. If everything goes as planned, Hayaley or should we say Aya Shiori’s coinciding arrival with JYJ should have minimal impact on both parties.

Unlike usual, Hayaley, like the JYJ members, waits for the plane to empty out. Seung Hoon-oppa comes to get her when the plane was cleared. She exchanges smiles with the flight attendant who had recognized her earlier as she disembarks, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly as she walks down the jetway, ahead of JYJ.

She sees Takeshi with Ryohei and Shota as the gate area comes into view. Nothing changes in their routine. It’s always the same when Hayaley flies in to Japan on her own, which happens several times a year. The three men always meet her at the end of the jetway. Ryohei and Shota never leave her side when she’s in a public place in Japan. Even when she drives herself to events or practices, they follow closely behind or before her in another vehicle. They are her trusted bodyguards and have travelled around the world with her, including when she is on tour with Common Ground.

Jae Joong watches as the two muscular and tall men flank each side of Hayaley as soon as she steps off the jetway. There is no mistaking their role, especially with their almost discreet earpieces. The third man whispers something to Hayaley and walks ahead of the group, after nodding slightly to Director Yoon. He is sure this man is Hayaley’s manager. 

JYJ with their managers and bodyguards are waiting for the signal to leave the airport. So is Hayaley, who together with Takeshi are having a brief discussion with Director Yoon and Director Lee Da Hee. Minutes later, Director Lee approaches the JYJ entourage and apologizes for a soon to be longer wait. Nobody complains since it won’t be the first time this has happened.

Jae Joong has been watching Hayaley behind his shades. She definitely looks her celebrity part today, very chic in her black Burberry cashmere coat and sporting shades as well. Jun Su had teased earlier, saying that Hayaley and him must have coordinated their wardrobe this morning. They didn’t but Jun Su’s astute observation still made him smile. He sees her adjust her backpack, shove her hands into her pockets and nod to her manager, who gives the same nod to the security detail surrounding her.

The door to the Arrival Hall opens. Hayaley steps forward confidently with her bodyguards by her side. She is greeted by screaming fans. She cracks a small smile as some disappointed grumbles were heard, obviously JYJ fans hoping to see Jae Joong, Yoo Chun or Jun Su. But her own fans get louder and she hears several adoring cries, mostly from male fans.

One male voice cries out, louder than the rest, “Aya, I love you!! Please marry me!”

“I don’t think so, buddy…. She’s taken,” Jae Joong responds silently with a smirk on his face.

“Auh? Someone’s proposing out there. Poor guy must be upset his girlfriend is here meeting us. I feel so bad…” Jun Su genuinely feels bad.

“Did you want to serenade them?” Yoo Chun teases.

Jun Su looks at his hyung with a look of disbelief. “You’re so cold. That’s our fan out there. She may be alone forever if she turns this proposal down.”

“I doubt it.” Jae Joong says it with such surety that it only makes Jun Su more upset. Of course, he was speaking in the context of Hayaley but Jun Su doesn’t know that. 

“How can you be so sure?” He pauses, then adds, “What is wrong with the two of you today?”

“Nothing is wrong. We’re just teasing you.” Yoo Chun grins.

Jun Su is not satisfied. He looks at Jae Joong. Knowing that the maknae is really a little hurt, he hugs Jun Su, “I’m sure she will marry eventually. All our fans seem to. They get married, have children…but we are still the same…”

He doesn’t continue but Yoo Chun and Jun Su know that their hyung is lonely. Unlike the both of them who live with their family, Jae Joong lives alone. Even though it’s by choice, they know it must get lonely sometimes. And since he has not dated anyone for over 2 years, he must feel even more lonesome certain times.

Director Lee Da Hee interrupts them, signaling that it’s time for JYJ to make their way into the Arrival Hall. Jae Joong pats both Yoo Chun and Jun Su on the back, announcing, “Let’s go!”

Jae Joong is getting restless. He has his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, which is drawn up and pulled low to hide his face as much as possible. He keeps his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter