Disguise

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October 31: 10pm, Holic J Bar, Seoul

Jae Joong loves dressing up for Halloween. He thinks he looks pretty convincing as a vampire. And he knows his fans do too so he hopes they like his costume today as he posts a picture of himself on Instagram. He’s ready for the party though he doesn’t know how long he will last tonight. It has been a really long day. He spent the better of the day filming a music video.

He greets the guests that are already there and finally makes it to where his friends have congregated. Yoo Chun arrives shortly and he goes over to join him and Min Woo for some drinks. Then, he sees her. y and alluring in a very short, white, one-shoulder draped dress that accentuates all her curves. He can’t decide if she looks more like an angel or a Greek goddess. Perhaps both rolled into one. 

Hayaley arrives with Hyoni. Chris seeing his girlfriend, saunters up to greet them. Gun Hyuk shows up right behind the girls and greets Hayaley excitedly. As they get closer to Jae Joong and the rest of the group, Hayaley sees Yoo Chun and swears in her mind. She shouldn’t have listened to Chris and Gun Hyuk.

Gun Hyuk had called while she was at Sheraton Walkerhill for a dinner event, trying to convince her to attend the party. Halloween was never one of her favorite celebrations as she always has a hard time figuring out a costume. Then, Chris had called too, saying Hyoni is in town and would really like to get together. They are both leaving for New York the next day.

Judging from the look on Jae Joong’s face, Gun Hyuk forgot to tell him she was coming. Gun Hyuk had insisted that he has to call Jae Joong about something anyway so he would just alert him. She tried calling Jae Joong too on her way here but he did not pick up.

Everyone she met in Jeju is here with the exception of Ahn-Jjang. Probably a good thing. He might have a conniption if he sees her here. She seats herself in a corner, mostly hidden from view, trying to only chat with Hyoni.

“Are you snubbing us?” Gun Hyuk asks as he plops himself down next to her.

“No. I was not expecting Yoo Chun to be here. How are we going to explain why I’m friends with you all without telling him we were in Jeju together?”

“Oh!”

“By the way, I’ve got a bone to pick with you. You forgot to tell Jae, did you?”

He grins apologetically, “Sorry, noona. But don’t worry, Yoo Chun probably won’t even notice you are here.”

If only that was the case. As soon as Hayaley and Hyoni showed up, No Min Woo had spotted them. He whistled under his breath, “Wow, who are those beauties?”

Yoo Chun had looked up and saw Director Sung. His eyes had immediately shifted to Jae Joong, expecting his hyung to be just as surprised as himself to see her. Instead, he noticed Jae Joong watching her with a very intent look.

“Ah, one of them is taken,” Min Woo lamented, bringing Yoo Chun’s focus back to the girls. Chris kissed the taller girl’s cheeks and they walked away hand in hand. Gun Hyuk and Director Sung exchanged greetings and followed the couple. “The Greek goddess seems to be available. Hyung, do you know her?”

Seeing that Jae Joong wasn’t about to answer, Yoo Chun volunteered, “Sung Hyun Jin.” Jae Joong immediately shot him an annoyed look.  

“You know her?” Min Woo asked eagerly.

Jae Joong was still looking at him but when he gave Jae Joong an inquiring look, his hyung turned away so he said to Min Woo, “Not really. I mean not personally. She’s actually our Tour Audio Director.”

“Oh, wow! Introduce her to me.”

 

 

Jae Joong had been enthralled when he first saw Hayaley. He felt his heart skipping at how ravishingly stunning she looked. But Min Woo’s comment jolted him from his reverie. What is she doing here? They had talked about the Halloween party and she had said it was not her thing. Besides, she had another event to attend. So he had invited Yoo Chun. And now he’s got Min Woo interested in his girlfriend!

He realizes that Yoo Chun is waiting for him to say something. Did he notice his annoyance earlier? He is still annoyed that Yoo Chun had acknowledge Hayaley but trying to mask it as well as he can. “I thought you were interested in Bora,” Jae Joong counters.

“What’s the use of pursuing her? She wants you instead.”

“I’m not interested.”

Min Woo laughs. “Somebody better tell her that because she’s very sure she’s got you.”

Jae Joong swears under his breath. It irks him when women take his kindness the wrong way and then in their twisted mind, imagines that they have a chance at something more than being his acquaintance or friend. Some like Bora, go so far as acting affectionate and possessive when he’s around even though he has repeatedly warned her that he is not interested. “I did tell her so you shouldn’t give up on her.”

“Nah, it’s okay, hyung. You know I don’t like fighti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter