Moments

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Notes: For this chapter, the words for the song, “Sparks Fly” by Taylor Swift will be featured throughout the chapter. I recommend pressing play now.

Ji Hoon’s part of his conversation with Hayaley is partly hidden since she's the only one that can hear him. Highlight them to make them appear. I recommend reading his parts with the words hidden first and then a second time with the words present if you so choose.

 

 

The way you move is like a full on rainstorm
And I'm a house of cards
You're the kind of reckless that should send me running
But I kinda know that I won't get far

 

August 26: 7:30am, Scenic Look-out, Jeju-do

Hayaley takes another bite of her pastry, while enjoying the beautiful ocean view before her. An MPV pulls up and out comes her new friends. They, actually Gun Hyuk, invited her to join them today. Nobody objected so she agreed. It would not have been fun to go sight-seeing alone anyway.

She was supposed to meet them in the lobby but only Jae Beom and Chris were there. Others were running late so she told Chris she would meet them at this scenic look-out and headed out after picking up breakfast from Pastry Boutique.

“You could have waited, you know. We were not that far behind,” Gun Hyuk scolds.

She smiles. “I wanted to have breakfast outdoors.”

Everyone is admiring the view. Hayaley notices Jae Joong with his camera, snapping away at the picturesque scenery before them. It made her smile. Her phone rings, disrupting her musing. It’s Ji Hoon. “What? The girl just left? You must have had a good time,” she teases. Ji Hoon proceeds to give her an account of his night but she cuts him off, “Please spare me the details. Just be careful not to fall into a gold digger’s trap.”

Ji Hoon knows he should be used to her indifference by now but it still irks him sometimes. “Shouldn’t you be here to help me get ready?”

“I set out your suit, tie and accessories last night when you were still at the party. Didn’t you see them?”

“Why bother last night? You could have done it this morning.”

“Are you crazy? Why would I walk into your room with that woman still there?”

Ji Hoon laughs, remembering what happened the last time she did. The girl was ready for a catfight despite warnings from him and Hayaley. Of course she got annihilated with just two moves. “Why? It was fun the last time.”

“That was not fun. That was drama and you know I hate such drama. In fact, bring your own stylist or assistant next time.”

“Why? I have you.”

“Do I look like your mum or assistant?”

“No, but you’re my fiancée.”

“Your mum will flip out if she hears that. Hang up. Aren’t you already late for the conference?” They say good-bye. Hayaley apologizes to the group, “Sorry, he can be long-winded.”

Jae Joong had unintentionally eavesdropped on Hayaley’s conversation. It was not difficult to figure out who she was speaking to. They seem really close. Very casual dialogue. A ‘friend’ who sets out his outfit for the day. And casually chats about his bedroom escapades…Interesting.

But no time to ponder. Looks like everyone has had their fill of this view and ready to head to the next stop. Gun Hyuk invites himself to ride with Hayaley, who does not mind as she finds him comical and probably the friendliest of the lot. After some hesitation, Chris decides to join them too, choosing to lounge in the back of the convertible and relax.

 

And you stood there in front of me just
Close enough to touch
Close enough to hope you couldn't see
What I was thinking of

 

 

Sangumburi Crater is one of Jeju’s most popular tourist destinations. The group arrives before open time but manages to talk the staff into letting them in early. Hayaley is glad this is their first stop. They will have the place to themselves for about an hour, maybe more since it’s a cloudy and misty morning. Perhaps that would keep the crowds away.

Everyone takes their time walking and taking pictures. The foliage and crater provide stunning photographs. The panoramic views are spectacular. Both Hayaley and Jae Joong quickly get immersed into snapping countless photos and soon were comparing work. So absorbed are the two with the scenery and photographs that they did not realize they have wandered off on their own.

Jae Joong is the first to realize the others were nowhere to be found, especially Ahn-Jjang who usually stays close to him. He walks up to Hayaley who is focusing her camera on some beautiful purple flowers. “We should go find the others.”

Hayaley straighten up and look around, surprised they are alone. She then grins seeing that he is now aiming his camera at the same flowers, “I thought you said we should be looking for the others.” 

“They are too pretty.”

On the walk back, Hayaley stops to take some shots of the ocean. “Can’t seem to get that whole thing.”

“Let me see.” Jae Joong takes a hold of her camera and she lets him have it. He hands his camera to her. “Hm…you are right.” But he still takes a couple of shots and shows them to Hayaley, “Best I could do.”  

“Oh! That’s a great shot.” She aims his camera at the same view and takes a couple of shots.

When they finally got back to the group, everyone was ready for some f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter