Emergency

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October 8: 3:58pm, Jae Joong’s Villa, Gangnam, Seoul

Around lunch time, Jae Joong had received a call about an emergency meeting regarding JYJ’s Japan Dome Tour. No other details were given. He had dragged Hayaley back to Seoul with him, using the excuse that he still has his cold and didn’t feel like driving. She had not been happy since she had to pack on short notice. Her flight to Kuala Lumpur tomorrow was in the morning so it did not make sense to drive back to Cheongpyeong again tonight.

Jae Joong had felt like a bad host. It was her first time visiting his home and he basically told her to make herself comfortable before dashing into his bedroom to take a shower and change knowing that Ahn-Jjang would be there on time to pick him up. When he came back out, he found her in the living room with her laptop propped open, working. She seems to have settled in comfortably.

Hiro, on the other hand, is spazzing. He’s not used to sharing his space with anyone else but Jae Joong. He is checking Hayaley out, sniffing and trying to charge, then retreating, growling a little. He picks Hiro up and whispers to him, “Don’t worry! She’s not going to hurt you. You keep her company while I go to work, okay?” He puts Hiro down on the couch next to Hayaley but he quickly scrambles off it.

She looks up, “He’s cute but seems like a spaz.”

“He’s just not used to having someone else besides me or Ahn-JJang in his space. Sorry, I have to leave.” He kisses her on the forehead.

She shrugs. “I’m just going to finish some work. Hope it’s nothing serious.”

“Me too.”

Well, apparently, they do have a serious issue. And Jae Joong is not liking the direction this is going.

“If we do this, we will have to give in even more than we did before,” Director Yoon Seung Hoon announces.

“Give her whatever she wants.” The CEO responds.       

“She’s not going to do it for the same salary again.”

“I know. So pay her.”

“Her own crew and choice of equipment?”

“Yes.”

“Her schedule is really full and she will not compromise on the schedule again.”

“If we have to work around her schedule, we will. But let’s see if we can come to a mutual win-win. Meanwhile, contact the concert venues to find out what type of flexibility they can afford us.”

“I’ll speak to her but I think we need to consider the other two options.”

“Fine. I just think she’s our best option at this late date since she has worked with our crew and did a great job. I just want someone secured by October 17, which is in 10 days,” he reminds everyone. “When we make the formal announcement about the tour dates, I want the last piece of the tour, the Audio Director secured. Anyone here against Director Sung for the job?”

Yoo Chun shakes his head, “No, I agree she did a great job.”

“I like her. She was professional.” Jun Su adds.

All the other Directors also voice their approval or agreeance. Director Yoon looks at Jae Joong, whom he noticed has not said a word.

“Why is this happening again? We had this problem with our Asia Tour too.” Jae Joong finally voices his opinion with a hint of annoyance.

“I’m sorry,” Director Yoon apologizes. “Something came up with the new Audio Director…”

Jae Joong is even more annoyed now since he knows it’s not like him to question them. He’s usually more interested in the solution. But the fact that they are looking at Hayaley to do this again is upsetting him. He sighs. “Let’s just find an Audio Director.”

They adjourn the meeting. Yoo Chun was the first to ask Jae Joong as they walk out of the meeting room, “Hyung, you okay?”

“I just have a bad cold.”

“Did you not think Director Sung did a good enough job?”

“Hehe, hyung’s probably still worried that she’s stalking him,” Jun Su jests.

“I’m going home. See you two around.”

The two just look at each other and shrug. Something is definitely bothering their ‘hyung’.

Hayaley has decided to make Ox Bone Soup for dinner. It will be good for Jae Joong. Shortly after he left, she had gone to the grocery store to grab the ingredients she needed. It took her a little while to find everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter