Jagi-ya?

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

October 6: 10:38am, Grocery Store, Gangnam, Seoul

“Arghh, who buys groceries here? It’s so freaking expensive!” Hayaley hears Jae Joong laugh. It looks like this is going to be their modus operandi when shopping for grocery. Her with her earphones plugged in and he tells her what to get from the store. “Do these people know they are getting ripped off?”

“I’m sure they do. It’s Gangnam. Aren’t groceries expensive in LA too?”

“We get groceries delivered from a local farm.”

“Isn’t that more expensive?”

“Not really. It’s organic and fresh and it’s delivered to your door so you do have to pay a little more for that. But this is ridiculous!”

“Just get them. I’ll pay for the groceries.” And he sneezes.

“Tsk..tsk…shouldn’t have bared your chest last night…” she whispers. “Now, you are going to catch a cold. Serves you right.”

“Aren’t you just a little concern that I might have caught a cold?”

“You knew it was cold out but you chose to be half ,” she whispers again. “Hope that fan service was worth it. I mean it must have been exhilarating having 50,000 women screaming for you, wishing they were hugging you. No doubt dreaming about you as they went to sleep last night.”

He chuckles. His voice huskier. “Are you sure you are not talking about yourself? Were you dreaming about me last night?”

“Me? Why would I? I had nightmares about breaking down. My body is still aching from it. Got to go, have to pay for this.” And she hangs up. “Phew! That was close. Almost gave myself away there,” she thought, giggling.

 

 

After picking Jae Joong up from his villa, they drive back to Cheongpyeong. His schedule is free for the next three days and they will finally have some time to themselves. Her home seems like the ideal place, away from Seoul and prying eyes.

Jae Joong has really taken a liking to Hayaley’s home. Not just because it’s unknown to the ssaseng fans and Dispatch though that’s definitely a big plus, but because it’s a warm, relaxing place. It has everything he likes close by – the music room, the piano if a sudden inspiration for a song hits him. The kitchen and the fridge is always well-stocked. They probably would not have starved if they didn’t go grocery shopping. There’s always some side dishes, kimchi, and even soju in the fridge. Ahjumoni must stock the kitchen while Hayaley is gone.

Hayaley glances at Jae Joong, who has closed his eyes. She reaches over to touch his forehead. No fever. Despite her teasing earlier, she is concerned. When she had first heard his voice this morning, she knew something was not right. It had seemed huskier than usual. His subsequent sneeze had proven her suspicion. He had caught a cold from being exposed to the chilly air last night.

Jae Joong catches her hand as she withdraws it from his forehead. He drags it close to his body and hugs it with both his hands.

She smiles. “Kim Jae Joong, I need my hand to drive.”

He pretends not to hear her.

“Yah, we are going to crash.”

“I can drive with one hand.” His eyes still shut. “You can too. I’ve seen you.”

She rolls her eyes. Why is he is observant? “Okay, it’s fine now but I’ll need it later when we get closer to home.”

He nods slightly and settles in to nap.

That evening, after dinner, Jae Joong’s cold finally takes a turn for the worse. He started running a fever. Hayaley gives him some medicine and tells him to go to bed early. Not that she needed to coax him much. He agrees with her quite quickly.

Hayaley guides him to her room and her bed. He is surprised but delighted. “Don’t get any funny ideas. I just don’t want to have to keep getting out of bed and into the guest bedroom to check on you.”

“I’m not a baby. I’ll be fine.”

“Really, Jae? Just lie down.” All men are babies when they are sick. She should know, she lives with four of them.

He doesn’t protest. She puts a wet towel on his forehead. He falls asleep soon after.

 

 

Next morning, Jae Joong could hardly get out of bed. He felt so weak and was still running a fever. Hayaley tells him to stay in bed. She makes him ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter