Hesitation

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

November 4: 2:08pm, JYJ’s Entertainment Agency, Gangnam, Seoul

Hayaley is running late. She quickly puts the car in park, glad that there’s a spot in front of the building. Well, somewhat of a spot. She knows she is double parked but everyone does it here since parking is scarce.

“Nice car,” she is greeted by Jun Su. She greets him back politely. “Hyung, your style, right?”

Yoo Chun nods. He and Jun Su were both taken by surprise when the red Aston Martin tore into the tight space next to Jun Su’s Lamborghini Aventador, stopping just inches from hitting the agency’s van parked in front. Jun Su had shrieked, fearing the worst. If it was Yoo Chun’s car instead of his, he was sure his hyung would have swore up a storm. But when they saw Hayaley climb out of it, Jun Su had gasped.  

Jae Joong pulls up in his Audi R8 as they start to head towards the entrance so they stop to wait for him. Sure that Jun Su and Yoo Chun’s eyes are turned away from her, she raises an eyebrow at Jae Joong, silently chiding him, “Really? You live much closer and you got here later?”

Jae Joong sees her facial expression. He knows what she’s thinking. He tries to keep a straight face but couldn't help smiling. Luckily, Jun Su and Yoo Chun are too busy greeting their hyung to think the smile was for anyone or anything else but them.

This morning, Jae Joong and Hayaley had woken up early, knowing they have to make it back to Seoul for the Japan Dome Concerts meeting. They made his sisters breakfast together. Of course, his sisters gushed about how cute they look. Hayaley had to drive all the way back to Cheongpyeong, get ready and then back to Seoul. She hates being rushed and probably was speeding more than she normally would.  

Hayaley leads them into the building. She knows she probably should rush ahead of them, knowing that Seung Hoon oppa is probably about to call or text her. As if on cue, her phone signals she has a new text message. “I’m going to go ahead,” she announces to the JYJ members and climbs the stairs two at a time.

“Now that everyone is here, let me start. All, please welcome back Director Sung Hyun Jin. She will again take on the Audio/AV Directing for the Japan Dome Concerts.”

Unlike her first meeting with this group, she is met with some applause and approving hoots this time. She bows her head and thanks everyone. 

“On to the bad news.” He is greeted with some groans. “While Director Sung is the Audio Director, you will be interacting more with her Sound Engineer, Brian…I’m sure you all remember him...for the three concerts,” more groans but also some sniggers. “So brush up on your English.”

Chaos ensues so Hayaley jumps in, “Brian does understand some simple Korean such as ‘Thank you, Hello, Yes, No, Don’t, Okay’…” That lightens up the mood as they get more laughter than groans this time.

“I would still like everyone to finalize all plans or drawings by tomorrow, if possible. Director Sung will not always be available during set-up and break-down while in Japan.” He nods to Hayaley signaling for her to continue.

“I will be there with the crew for the Tokyo set-up on November 17 but not the next day. I will try to make the rehearsal but if I don’t, Brian will run it. For Osaka, Brian will be the main POC but I will be there for the rehearsal on December 13 but not the 14th. I will be on-site for set-up, rehearsal and break-down in Fukuoka though.”

Jae Joong pours more sake for himself and Yoo Chun.

“Jae Joong-hyung, did you know Director Sung was going to be missing some of the set-up and rehearsal? I mean she’s going to be practically absent from the Osaka concert,” Jun Su voices his concern.

“Ah…yes.”

Yoo Chun notices the slight hesitation. “I thought they were going to work out the schedule.”

“Were there conflicts?” This is the first Jun Su has heard about scheduling issues.

Yoo Chun explains that he had stopped by to discuss a drama offer about two weeks ago and ran into Director Yoon. The scheduling conflict came up in their conversation. “I guess there must have been some issues with the venue availability. Director Yoon said that would be the key to resolving the conflicts.”

Jae Joong downs his sake and pours more. The sashimi in front of him doesn’t look as appetizing as before, a knot slowly forming in his stomach. 

Jun Su nods at Yoo Chun’s explanation. “I’m sure Brian will do a good job but it’ll just be difficult to com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter