One Impulsive Act

Butterfly Aria
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

August 23: 1:10am, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel (Financial Street), Beijing

The elevator door opens and Hayaley steps in. She takes another step and stumbles. A pair of strong arms catches her. She looks up into big, piercing eyes. “Jae?” she says before passing out.

“What is she doing out and about alone at 1 in the morning? And drunk?” Jae Joong thought, a little concerned.

“Hyung!” Ahn-Jjang exclaims. He’s thinking this is not going to look good if someone steps into the elevator now. He extends his arms to try to take Director Sung away from Jae Joong.

“No, it’s okay.” Jae Joong adjusts so he and Hayaley are more comfortable. He leans against the elevator for support and wraps his arms around her tightly to hold her up. Her face is buried in his shoulder.

They look like a couple embracing. “Hyung, if someone sees this….”

“It’s one in the morning. Besides, she is not a stranger. She’s a staff member.”

“Let me find out where her room is at.”

Before he could make the call, he hears Jae Joong, “No need.”

“What?”

“Let’s not bother anyone this late. We can take her to my room.”

Ahn-Jjang’s jaw drops. He is so dumbfounded he could not speak. The door to the elevator opens. He is even more stunned when Jae Joong picks Director Sung up with both his arms and starts heading to his suite.

 Ahn-Jjang’s years of experience as a manager snaps him back to his senses. He quickly rushes ahead of Jae Joong, all the while scanning the place to make sure there is no one around. He scans the card key to open the door to Jae Joong’s suite and immediately closes the door behind them.

Jae Joong carries Hayaley to his bedroom and places her gently on the king size bed. He was about to take her Doc Martens boots off but Ahn-Jjang stops him. “Hyung, I’ll do it.”

“That’s fine. You go ahead and head back to your room.”

“Hyung, I don’t think it’s a good idea to leave you two here alone. Besides, she could get upset or worse, hysterical when she wakes up. And things will get out of hand”

“I’ll take care of it.”

“Hyung…” he whines, worried as he can imagine the headlines. He can’t understand this impulsive act on Jae Joong’s part. This is very much unlike him.

Jae Joong got done taking off Hayaley’s shoes. He starts to shove Ahn-Jjang out of his room and suite amidst more protests and begging. After shutting his manager out, he walks back to Hayaley and pulls the covers over her. He sits down next to her to gaze at her face. She seems to be sleeping peacefully with her lips slightly forming a smile. “Having a sweet dream?” he whispers, smiling.

 

August 23: 8:15am, Executive Suite, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel (Financial Street), Beijing

Hayaley wakes up to her phone ringing. Instinctively, she reaches out to the left side of her pillow where she normally leaves her phone. After a few seconds, her eyes still shut, she finds the phone, answers the call and puts it on speaker as a habit.

“Yah, Sung Hyun Jin. Why is it so difficult to get a hold of you?”

“Ahh, oppa, you are so loud in the morning.”

“Did you just wake up?”

“Hmm? I guess.” Eyes still closed.

“Why weren’t you answering your work phone?”

“Uh, I dunno. Maybe it’s dead. But you found me anyways.”

“Lucky for me, I have your personal phone number.”

“Why? Why are you looking for me? Did something happen?”

“I was just checking in on you. Are you okay?”

“Aside from a slight hangover, yeah. What time is it any way?”

“Past eight.” Hayaley finally opens her eyes and quickly realize she is not alone in bed. Her eyes shift to look at the face. What is Kim Jae Joong doing in my room? Hayaley closes her eyes again, thinking she must be dreaming. When she opens her eyes, he was still there, grinning now!

“Hyun Jin-ah, you still there?”

“Oppa, I have to call you back,” and hangs up.

Jae Joong greets her good morning. He’s sitting on the bed, back against some pillows, legs extended.

“OMG, he’s real. What’s going on?” She tries to recall. Brandon had called last night while she was still setting up for the concert. Thip had been found. She had gotten to talk to her and of course, gave her a scolding fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter