Chapter 18

Let Me Sing For You

 

“Now I’m left all alone here at home.” Sooyoung walks around the house holding a book and started singing, “How am I supposed to live alone?” And then lay jumped on the sofa.

 

“Never thought being alone at home is this boring. I should have asked if I could come. I could have been their driver.” Sooyoung sighed in disappointment.

 

Since she so bored, she opened her laptop and started browsing the internet about some issues.

 

“Hmm…Taeyeon’s issue with Sunny is not that famous anymore. On the other hand, Tiffany is the famous one now.” She laughed. “Those two really had it now. I could really tell just by looking in their eyes that they’re really in love with each other.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

“So this is where you want to go?”

 

“Yup! I’ve always wanted to go this place after…after…”

 

“After what, Tiff?”

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and said, “After I got back from States.”

 

“But I have a question, why do you want to visit Jeonju? Honestly speaking, do you have some memories here or somewhat places to visit?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Actually, Jeonju means a lot to me. My father once said that we stayed in this place for a while when I was young.”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, “Lived here? Why can’t I remember you?”

 

Tiffany smiled, “Because we don’t know each other before, remember? We just met a few months ago now why would you ask that?”

 

“It’s because I lived here and stayed here with my friend, Miyoung until the age of 9 before she disappeared.”

 

“Are you mad at your friend? I mean, she left you without saying goodbye.”

 

Taeyeon scratched his head and nodded. “Yes, I am but not until I will hear what is the real reason behind her leaving me.”

 

Tiffany smiled at him. “Ya! We’re on vacation so why feel sad. Don’t you like it here in Jeonju? Should we just go elsewhere?”

 

“Oh no! I like it here plus you wished for this one and let’s just enjoy.” Taeyeon pulled Tiffany’s hands and went back inside the car. “Let’s go to our house!”

 

“Let’s go!”

 

Upon arriving at the house, the same house Jessica stayed when she visited Jeonju, everything is in place and it’s kind of late already.

 

Tiffany went to sleep while Taeyeon is still up who is staying at the rooftop to think of some things.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

“Tae-Tae, you know what! If someday I die before you, always remember that the brightest star in the sky is me and I’m watching you sleep. Of course, stars are not visible in the morning so I’ll just transform to an angel and be beside you wherever you go but don’t worry, I’m not going to die.” Miyoung laughed.

 

“Why do I feel so lonely right now even if you’re beside me?”

 

“Eh? What do you mean?”

 

“Can’t you feel the same way I feel? I mean, it feels weird to think that maybe one of these days, sooner or later we will be apart from each other and won’t see each other for a very long time.”

 

Tiffany smiled, “Why are you so paranoid? Huh? Are you afraid that if ever I leave, I’m not going back to meet you? Deng! Wrong! I’m sure it’s possible if we’re leaving but I’m going to tell it to you first because I don’t want to leave my BFF without telling him when I’ll be coming back.” Tiffany leaned her head to Taeyeon’s shoulders and he then rested his head to Tiffany’s head.

 

“I love you, BFF.”

 

Tiffany smiled again, “I love you too, Kim Taeyeon my BFF!”

 

*END*

 

“I can’t seem to see the brightest star whenever I look at the sky at night. So this mean I never lose hope and I know you’ll be coming back.”

 

 

*------------------*

 

 

The next day…

 

BEEP. BEEP. 1 NEW MESSAGE.

 

“Hi Beautiful Lady! Are you busy today? Is it okay if we kind of you know, eat outside. All fees on me, don’t worry. So, just  reply if you’re okay with it.”

 

“Okay!” Jessica replied while trying to hide her happiness.

 

“Great! 7:00PM? This time I want something private. I’ll pick you up at your house, okay? See ya!”

 

“Private? So what does he mean by that? Moreover, I don’t want to consider this as a date but…” She sighed. “Thinking of eating only with him, that seems more like a date! AAAAH!” She shouted silently.

 

Jessica left work early to prepare for her “date” with Yuri. While putting on make-up, she talked to herself facing the mirror.

 

“Jessica Jung, this is the moment you have been wishing for. Tiffany may not know this but I do really love him. Actually, he’s more handsome than Taeyeon.”

 

She wears her elegant red dress and finally the bracelet Yuri gave her.

 

At exactly 7:00PM, Yuri arrived driving a 2012 Porsche Cayman S Black Edition which really shocked Jessica.

 

Yuri went out the car wearing a black tuxedo with silver vest and tie. He then approached Jessica and offered his hand. “This way, my beautiful lady.”

 

Jessica shyly handed her hand and they walked towards the car. Yuri opened the door for her.

 

After riding the car, Yuri said to Jessica, “You’re so beautiful tonight, Sica.”

 

Jessica turned red and replied, “Thank you, Yul and you look handsome with that tuxedo.”

 

“Of course! I should look handsome especially I’m with a beautiful lady. Now, let’s go!”

 

“But wait, where are we going actually?”

 

“Just wait and see. Now sit back and enjoy the ride.”

 

*------------------*

 

 

Meanwhile at a corporate office in Seoul, a very decent man is seating on his chair while reading the newspaper.

 

“WHAT IS THIS ISSUE ALL ABOUT NOW??!” Then he called out his secretary.

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim?”

 

“Could you please explain this to me!” Pointing to the newspaper.

 

“Ahh. That…sir…your son, Kim Taeyeon was seen at a restaurant having dinner with a girl. No one knows the name of the girl yet. Also, your son’s answer to this issue has not yet been revealed. The only thing they released is his manager’s statement saying that Taeyeon will answer all of the questions within this week.” The secretary explained.

 

Mr. Kim smashed the newspaper to his table and shouted, “THAT KID! HE NEVER LISTENED TO ME!

 

He stood up and lighted a cigarette. “Mr. Secretary, I want you to clear my schedule tomorrow. Cancel all the meetings and everything. After doing that, I want you to call someone and tell that person to meet me tomorrow, get it?”

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim!”

 

The secretary left the room and went to his table and said, “Why should I be the one doing this when that’s his son who has the problems?! Aigoo~!”

 

The next day, Mr. Kim and his secretary went to an exclusive restaurant. When they arrived, the person Mr. Kim asked for his already there.

 

Mr. Kim tapped the shoulder of the person waiting for him.

 

“I’m so glad you could come today, Ms. Sunny.”

 

Sunny gave Mr. Kim a hug. “Of course! I owe you so much, Mr. Kim.”

 

Mr. Kim laughed and they both sat down. “Hmm…Are you not busy today?”

 

“Oh no, Sir. In fact, I’m actually on vacation before I go back to work maybe next week? I’m not really sure.” Sunny said.

 

“How’s your father?”

 

“Daddy Lee? Oh! He’s fine. Still the same Mr. Lee always busy with work and almost like you Mr. Kim.” Sunny and Mr. Kim laughed together.

 

“I know. I know. He’s a great business partner and a great friend too! Also, if not because of him I won’t be able to meet you.”

 

Sudden silence and more like the place is filled with awkward silence. It was a normal sized room that is now filled with awkwardness.

 

“Actually, I invited you for lunch to ask something.”

 

“Sure, Sir. What is it?”

 

“I’m sure you know Kim Taeyeon-ssi, right?”

 

“Yup! The famous singer but now he’s been all over news.”

 

“And that’s what I want to ask. Honestly…I’m his father…”

 

Sunny got surprised and gave Mr. Kim a blank look. “Fa….fa….th….ther?”

 

“Yes! I’m Kim Taeyeon’s father.”