Homework and Fighters

Let's meet in our next life

"So." Jackson said.

"So." Mark said back. 

They were currently sitting on the floor in Jackson's room, a few days after the sleep over, working on an essay that they were assigned to do together.

"What do you think the essay should be on?" Jackson asked, drumming his figers against his notebook.

"I don't know." Mark replied.

"You don't talk a lot." Jackson stated.

"I never really needed too." Mark answered. 

"What do you mean by that?" Jackson asked stopping his drumming and tilting his head in slight confusion.

Mark blinked, He didn't think Jackson would ask. 

"I...honestly don't know. I just feel like I don't need to talk a lot with you." 

And for some odd reason, Jackson knew he wasn't saying that to be rude, but because he knew Jackson could understand what he wanted to say with just a few words.

They looked at each other.

"Uh." Jackson cleared his throat trying to break the ,unusually, not awkward silence. 

"Let's get started..." Mark nodded and they went to work. 

 

                                                                                         ........................

 

"I want to be a fighter!" Jia exclaimed.

Yi jumped in suprise at the sudden voice.

"Will you stop doing that! I hate it when you pop out of nowhere. And what's this about being a fighter?" Yi asked.

"I want to be a fighter in my next life!" Jia explained happily as he sat down on some hay so he could watch Yi as he cleaned the stables.

"A fighter? Why?" Yi asked, glancing at him.

Jia shrugged "I don't know. I just think it would be cool."

Yi raised an eyebrow.

"I don't mean a fighter like the ones who kill people but like..like...like SJ!" Jia smiled.

"SJ? He fights for money. Do you really want to do that? Get beat up just for a few bucks?" Yi asked as he stopped sweeping to look him in the eye.

"No. But there has to be some way I could be a fighter and not ruin my amazing face." Jia said as he waved towards his face with a smirk.

"You're an idiot." Yi said as he rolled his eyes and went back to sweeping.

"I am not!" Jia pouted, slumping back onto the hay.