End

Let's meet in our next life

Jia panted as he ran through the door way and up to a women behind a desk.

"Hi! How my I help you?" The women asked politely as Jia caught his breath.

"What room is Tuan Mark in?" Jia asked bitting his lip.

The women looked at her computer "He's in room 536, Would you like to-" She didn't get to finish as Jia ran towards the elevators once he heard the room number. 

Sighing, the women just went back to her computer.
..........
Jia immediately pressed the button for the fifth floor once he got into the elevator, with that done he leaned back against the wall and waited for the ding. 
He prepared himself for what he was about to see. He was about to walk in to see something that was technically his fault. 
And he hated it. Maybe if he just kept quiet. If he just waited a little longer. Yi-en wouldn't be- A ding interrupted his thoughts.

Looking up he saw the doors open. Walking out he took a right and went down until he reached until room 536.

He noticed the doors were closed and one look inside confirmed that Mark's parents were in the room. Should he come back? No, he had to do this. Had to see. The others were already wondering why he hadn't visited with them. Taking a deep breath, he knocked and watched through the window as the women looked up and over before frowning in confusion. She said something to the man who was seemed to be focused on the figure on the bed before walking to the door and opening it.

"Yes?" She said in curiousity.

"Um, Hi." Jia started off awkwardly "I'm.. I'm a friend of  Y-Mark's...can I come in?" He asked hesitantly.

The women seemed to think about it before nodding "Sure." she said as she stepped back so he could come in.
Jia bowed to her in thanks before stepping into the room. 
The first thing he noticed was the constant beeps coming from a monitor next to Yi-en's bed. 
The second was the fact that Yi-en had mask on his face to help him breathe. If he didn't know better he would think he was just sleeping. The casts on his right leg and arm proved otherwise.

"They said he should wake up any day now." A soft female voice came from behind and that's when Jia realized he was right next to Yi-en. He was so close that if he reached out he could touch him.

"If he ever wakes." The man said making Jia glance up sharply at the guy opposite him.

"Don't be so pessimistic dear, it doesn't suit you." The women said "He will wake up."

"I'm sure he will." Jia agreed, looking back at Yi-ens sleeping face.

"Who are you?" The man asked.

"Just a friend." Jia replied.

"How long have you known my son?" He asked.

"A while." A long while, Jia adds mentally.

"I don't think i've ever heard him talk about you." The male grumbled.

"You don't even know his name." The women sighed out.

"Don't need too. Think I would remember Mark talking about some one like him." The guy huffed.

"Some one like me?" Jia asked slightly amused but the guy didn't clarify.

"Don't be rude!" The women scolded.

"It's fine." Jia said giving her a smile. He probably deserved this guys anger considering what he did to his son. Not that he knows that it was Jia's fault that this happened.

"Honey, let's go get something to eat and give him some time with Mark." The women suggested.

Her husband didn't seem like he really wanted to leave him alone with his unconscious son but after some persuading from his wife and confirmation from Jia that he wouldn't do anything to his son while he was gone, they finally left.
........
Jia spent the next ten minutes just staring at Yi-en as he remembered what lead to this point. He shook his head.

"Idiot, you should have waited." He scolded himself.

He heard a groan which caused his gaze to snapped up to Yi-en's face only to see his eyes starting to open.

", Yi?" Jia asked softly as he helped Yi-en take the mask off.

"What-" Yi-en swallowed "Happened?" He asked.

"You don't remember?" Jia asked.

Yi shook his head lightly as he could barely move it.

"You got hit by a car." Jia finally said looking away with guilt on his face.

"Why do you look so guilty?" Yi asked "Did you push me?" He joked.

Jia's head snapped back "No!" He shouted "But I might as well have." He whispered before he could stop himself.

Yi-en looked at him curiously "What do you mean?"

Jia shook his head before asking "What do you remember?"

"Depends." Yi-en said.

"On?" Jia asked.

"What do I remember of this life or the lifes before it?" Yi-en asked back.

"You mean-" Jia said as a grin came onto his face.

"I mean, I remember everything except for what happened to me." Yi-en sighed.

"Oh." Jia said bitting his lip.

"What's wrong Jia?" Yi asked worriedly.

Should he tell him? He might as well.

"I'm the reason you got hit by a car. I mean, I didn't push you or anything but it was my fault you were in the streets in the first place." Jia sighed.

"Oh? Do tell." Yi said.

"You see I thought- I mean you were showing signs and- I just really wanted to-" Jia groaned. He had no idea how to explain this.

"You sound as if we were gonna do something." Yi said amused.

Jia blushed a deep red "T-that's not what I meant!" He exclaimed.

"I know." Yi chuckled before groaning in pain.

"You okay?" Jia asked worried "Should I get the doctor?" In retrospect he probably should have gotten the doctor as soon as he awoken but he just really wanted to talk to him.

"No, I'll be fine. It's just a small headache. Continue please." Yi said.

"Right...If you're sure." Yi smiled at him "What I've been trying to say is," Jia sighed "You kinda confronted me and we, well, we kinda fought and then. " Jia stared at his clenched hands, his voice lowered "I wasn't fast enough. You ran out the door before I could stop you. I followed you down the street and-" He took a deep breath  "I called your name. You stopped. And turned. Neither of us realized you were in the middle of the road until it was too late."

"Jia." Yi called and Jia looked up at him. He could see regret and guilt written clearly on Jia's face "It wasn't your fault." He stated firmly.

"But I-" Yi cut him off.

"I'm the one who ran. I was to cowardly to face the truth. It's my fault." Yi said .

"No!" Jia exclamied "It's not! I was foolish to think you were ready to hear something like that. It's my fault." Jia said.

"No, I was the foolish one. If it wasn't for me we wouldn't even be in this mess." Yi sighed.

"You were young, we both were, still are. How were you to know something like this would happen?" Jia asked with a shake of his head,

"How about we just agree to disagree." Yi said with a small smile.

"Only if you forgive me first." Jia chuckled.

"How can I forgive you for something I don't even blame you for?"  Yi asked.

"Easy. Just say, I forgive you." Jia responded.

"Fine, I forgive you even though I don't blame you at all." Yi finally said.

Jia sighed "That's as good as I'll get, I guess."

...........................................................................................................

A.N And finish! Finally. I am never ever making a multichapter story again, ugh.

P.S I hope that even though the ending is a little lackluster, you still enjoyed the story even a little bit. Thank you for reading.