Chapter 21

Let's meet in our next life

"Wow." Jackson when Mark finished talking.

"Yeah, Wow." Mark repeated, blandly.

"Hey, You okay?" Jackson asked Mark, who was currently having a staring contest with the ceiling.

Mark sighed "No. No, I am not okay." He sat up and looked at Jackson, losing his contest with the ceiling "I am confused and annoyed!" He huffed.

Jackson bit his lip as he ran a hand through his hair, "Something doesn't add up. It feels like we have everything we have everything we need but we just haven't put it together yet." He huffed and got up to start pacing again.

"Let me see that book." Mark suddenly said.

"Why?" Jackson asked as he handed him the book.

"Well, in my dreams, when they were writing a book, they said they were gonna add hints."  Mark replied as he started flipping through the pages again "I think this might be the book they were talking about." He finished hesitantly, not looking up.

Jackson stopped walking and furrowed his brows.

"But...that would mean the people in you dreams were real." Jackson whispered " And you were actually seeing events from the past..." Both of their eyes widened coming to the same conclusion.

"Past lives." They said at the same time, looking at each other.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Jackson asked, curiously.

"This book-" Mark started, lifting up said book "-is about past lives. More specifically on remembering it." He turned the book around to show Jackson.

Mark took a breath, hesitating "Jackson. I think Yi and Jia might not be made up people..I think they may be our past selfs." He finished with a slight dazed expression.

Jackson shook his head "That's not possible. Is it?" Jackson denied, bewildered.

"But you said it yourself. I'm remembering. How else do you explain the dreams about the lake and the book and even the names?" Mark insisted.

Jackson looked at him with a frown "What are we gonna do?" He asked.

"What?" Mark asked confused.

"If this is real...If you really are remembering our past lifes. What now? Am I gonna start remembering? What's gonna happen when we do remember?" Jackson asked with wide eyes.

Mark blinked, He didn't think of that. He was dreaming about both of them, so does that mean Jackson will remember too? He didn't know.

"Have you read the whole book?" Mark asked instead. 

Jackson shook his head  "No." He immediately replied.

"Let's look through it then, maybe it will have more answers?" 

................................................

"Jia, I'm worried." Yi admitted.

Jia blinked "About what?"

"The book, the future, how we'll handle it..." He trailed off.

"Come on, Have more faith! We've been through this process many times before." Jia reminded.

Yi looked at him blankly.

"You're right. I'm probably gonna freak or something." He muttered making Yi snort.

"How do you suppose we'll remember? Other than the book." Jia asked. It was doubtful to begin with that they would end up in the same timeline as the book they had written but neither wanted to think of that.

"Hopefully not like I did when we ended up in that weird space station. I had a headache for weeks, And there pain meds did not help at all." YI sighed, grimacing slightly.

Jia chuckled "Aww, That was kinda fun though. I got to shoot a laser in space!" He exclaimed happily.

"Yeah and you didn't have a splitting headache for two weeks." Yi mumbled, wincing as if he could still feel it.

"Everyone thought you were the meanest guy on the station. Even the captain didn't want to go near you."Jia cackled.

"And everyone thought you were insane for even trying to bother me." Yi smiled a little.

"Imagine their surprise when you didn't kill me." 

"Did you already forget about the time I almost sent you out the air lock?"  Yi asked with a small smirk.

"But you didn't! So that doesn't count." Jia grinned back.

Yi rolled his eyes.

"Oh, oh! What about the time we were in that universe where dragons lived and I was a prince!" Jia exclaimed.

Yi gave him a look. He did not want to end up arguing about why Yi had magic during that life and Jia didn't, like they did every time it came up.

"Then what about the time we lived underwater in a giant village?" Jia asked.

"We agreed never to talk about that one, remember?" Yi said with raised brow. 

"Ah, Right." Jia said. They almost got swallowed by a giant kraken, which was totally Jia's fault according to Yi (He disagreed).

Jia hummed before grinning "What about the time we lived in the clouds and all the girls kept asking to marry you." 

Yi narrowed his eyes "You better start running or I-" He didn't get to finish before Jia was on his feet and running away cackling. Yi waited exactly 5 seconds before running after him.

...............................................

A.N About the last part with Yi and Jia, Their conversation was really just to show that they can not only jump through time but also different worlds/universes. It's slightly confusing (even to me).  Also double update because I feel bad.