Lakeside chat

Let's meet in our next life

He was at the lake, again. It ended up being their special little spot. It was nice, peaceful and the trees shelded them from the sun's glare. 

Yi laid down against a tree with a book in his grasp. Sighing as he relaxed, he opened his book and started to reading.

He was by himself today, Jia was stuck doing work with the Doc and Yi got the day off as Minny took his place for the afternoon.

It was a few days after the incident in the lake and they were already getting back into things. That's the thing about them, they can't seem to stay mad at each other for long. Reaching down with one hand he grabbed an apple he brought with him, eyes still on the book, up to his mouth.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." A voice said making Yi jump and drop the apple he was about to bite into, looking up he saw Sj looking at him with a smirk in amusement .

"Sj? What are you doing here? Don't you have some fight to do." Yi said in slight annoyance, his book was just getting good.

"I don't fight all the time you know." He scoffed before bending down to balance on the balls of his feet and be on eye level with Yi-en "What about you? Don't you have some horse crap to clean?" 

Yi rolled his eyes.

"I'm not the only one person who cleans the stable you know." He shot back.

"Stable girl? I thought she had today off." He said in confusion.

Yi's eyebrow raised "Oh? And how do you know that?" 

Sj's eyes widened, a blush making its way up his face "I must of heard it somewhere." He looked away, clearing his throat.

Yi chuckled "Didn't take you to be the type that did crushes." 

"Hey she's not a crush!" He shouted before realizing what he said "

I mean, I don't have a crush on her." 

"Sure." He rolled his eyes, before smirking "Don't worry I won't tell her." He whispered for fun, watching in amusement as the fighter turned even more pink.

"What about you and Jia then?" He asked trying to will his blush away and turn the conversation around. 

Yi blinked in confusion "What do you mean?"

"Come on, don't tell me you've never thought about it." It was Sj's turn to raise an eyebrow.

Yi's eyes widened before they narrowed "How did you even find this place?" He asked instead.

Sj paused debating whether or not to continue the previous conversation or answer Yi, he decided to just answer Yi.

"I was going on a walk and happened to find you sitting here reading. How did you find this place?" He asked back.

"Jia. He found it when he got lost looking for herbs, the idiot." 

They both snorted.

"You know, He wants to be a fighter." Yi suddenly announced.

That caused Sj to raise an eyebrow in surprise "Really? I would've thought pretty boy didn't want his face ruined." 

"He doesn't. The idiot wants to find a way to fight without hurting his face." 

"Right. Well you tell me how that goes, I have to get back. I got training in an hour." He said as he stood up, giving Yi a wave as he left. 

Yi watched him leave before grabbing his apple and going back to reading.

....................

A.N - This is mostly a filler chapter I guess? Also I have some bad news. My internet is being weird and turning off a lot recently so I honestly don't know when the next chapter will come out, if I have internet it should be out Saturday but if not then I don't know...