Chapter 23

Let's meet in our next life

Mark had opened his eyes to find himself back in the stables but this time the horses were freaking out. 

"Calm down! What's wrong?" He turned to see Yi trying to pull a horse back into it's stall but he was having a bit of trouble.

"Come on, Get back in." Yi said, finally getting the horse into the stall and closing the door. He took a few steps back and grimaced as he watched the horses continuing to freak out, even after everything he's done to try to calm them.

"Hey, What's going on?" Both Yi and Mark turned to see Jia, Minny and Sj running into the stalls. MInny had ran immediately towards the closest stall, trying to calm the horses, barely noticing Sj following her.

"I've already tried. They just won't stop." Yi sighed, exhausted.

"Do you know why they are freaking out so badly?" Jia asked as he walked over to Yi. 

Yi shook his head.

"No. They just suddenly started going wild." Yi groaned out, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm sure we can find the reason-" Yi cut him off.

"There is no reason!" Yi shouted, Mark flinched at the sudden anger but Jia just frowned.

The anger suddenly disappeared just as quickly as it came and Yi's face fell as he continued quietly"...I just don't understand." He whispered, clearly upset.

Jia bit his lip, not knowing what to say. What could he say? The last time he's seen something like this was when- Jia's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open.

"Holy-" He muttered, catching Yi and Mark's attention.

"Something wrong? Well, other then the horses." Yi asked, slightly sarcastic.

Mark was also curious, Jia looked as he if he just had an realization.

"Yi, I think I know why the horses are freaking out for no apparent reason." Jia stated as he walked closer to Yi.

"What?" Yi raised an eyebrow.

'Yeah. What?' Mark thought as he shuffled closer so he could hear better over the horses.

"I think our time is up." Jia whispered as if telling him a secret.

"What!?" Yi practically shouted, eyes wide in shock "You can't be serious." He lowered his voice as Sj and Minny looked over, he waved them off.

'Time is up?' Mark's eyes narrowed in confusion, 'What does that mean?'

"I am. I mean, it's the only thing that makes sense!" Jia exclaimed "Remember what happened the last few months of our previous lifetime?" Jia asked, body trembling slightly. Though if he was trembling from nerves or excitement neither knew.

"Yeah." Yi started slowly "The people started forgetting who we were and the animals were skittsh for no apparent reason-" Yi's eyes widened with horror "No." He whispered in understanding.

'Forgetting them?' Mark wondered in worry as he watched mutiple emotions flicker on Yi's face, one was most prominent though, saddness.

Jia sighed, He knew how badly it always hit Yi when everyone he knew suddenly seemed to forget him. You would think he would be used to it by now, but he wasn't.

"I'm sorry." Jia whispered, all excitement leaving him.

Yi started to tear up "No." He choked as he sank to the floor, catching Sj and Minny's attention.

"Yi-en! What did you say to him?" Sj demanded as they walked over. 

All of the horses had suddenly gone quiet but none of them had noticed, too focused on the sobbing male on the floor.

"The truth." Jia replied shortly and stiffly, He didn't make a move to calm Yi which slightly shocked Sj and Minny (Mark as well to be honest).

"What does that mean?" Minny asked, tilting her head.

"It means," Jia started quietly as he blinked back tears "That we are leaving." He didn't say anymore nor did he clarify, even when they continued to pester him.

Mark blinked as suddenly he was in front of the lake with a sobbing Yi and a quiet Jia.

"I don't want to leave." Yi whimpered.

"I know." Jia sighed " But we both knew this was coming."

"I didn't think I would get so attached."Yi said as he finally stopped crying, though a tear did occasionally slip.

"I know." Jia repeated " I didn't think I would either."

'What are they talking about?' Mark really wanted to ask but knew he couldn't and with a sigh, he woke up.

.........................................

"I had another dream." Mark whispered to Jackson before class that day.

"Really? What about?" He asked, tilting his head.

"What do you think it was about?" Mark deadpanned.

It took a few seconds but Jackson' s face soon lit up in realization.

"The Lake!" He exclaimed, a little loudly.

"What about a lake?" Junior asked as he and Jb came to stand in front of their desks. Mark glared slightly at Jackson, who sheepishly smiled back, before replying.

"Nothing, I was just telling Jackson about this lake I used to go to when I was younger." He lied.

"Right." Jb didn't seem to believe him but he let it go.

"What are you doing over here anyway? Aren't your desks over there?" Jackson asked, pointing in the direction of their desks.

.................................

A.N Does this count as a cliffhanger? Anyway I wanted to make it longer but the story is actually almost over...