Dreaming of a lake and surprises

Let's meet in our next life

"Woah." Mark whispered looking around, He's never been here before.

 

"Hello?" He called out, only to hear a quiet echo of his voice.

 

"Idiot. This is a dream of course no one will answer you!" He chastised himself but his attention quickly turned away when he heard voices. 

 

When he turned around he saw two boys. As they drew closer he realized it was him and Jackson. But they were wearing odd clothing. To stunned to speak he just watched.

 

"Oh, come on. Yi! I said I was sorry!" Jia exclaimed running after a fuming Yi.

 

"You can't possibly make me think you regret that one bit, do you?" He said speeding up.

 

Jia ran faster and moved in front of Yi making him stop. 

 

"I never said I regretted it." He grinned causing Yi to groan in annoyance and try to walk past him.

 

"Hey wait!" Jia side stepped not letting him pass "I'm sorry, Let me make it up to you?" He looked at him with puppy eyes.

 

"Those eyes don't work with the horses and they don't work with me." Yi said shoving pass.

 

"Yi!" Jia whined sitting down next to Yi in front of the lake. 

 

Mark moved closer, assuming they couldn't see him, as they did walk right past him, trying to understand why Jackson was calling him Yi.

 

Yi Sighed, "Fine. Just don't ever do that again." 

 

Jia nodded quickly, "Sir Yes Sir!" He even saluted, making Yi smile a bit.

 

"You're such an idiot." He rolled his eyes.

 

"I am not!" Jia pouted before suddenly lighting up "Have you thought about what you want to be yet?" 

 

Be? Why was he asking that? Mark wondered.

 

"No." Yi looked away. 

 

"That's a lie." Jia grinned "I bet you want to work with horses again don't you? Maybe actually be a trainer instead of a stable boy." He teased. 

 

"And what about you mr doctor. I bet you'll end up as a surgeon." Yi grinned. 

 

"No way! How many times do I have to tell you, I'm just doc's assistant and besides I told you! I want to be a fighter. Imagine, Jia! The Great!" He exclaimed waving his hands around.

 

"More like Jia the idiot." Yi shot back with a smirk. 

 

Jia? Why did I call him Jia? And why did he call me Yi? And what is this about being a fighter? Jackson did fencing, is that it? But then what about what I said? Mark had so many questions but before he could fully process it, he was awake. 

                                                                                    ......................

"So, be honest. What do you want to be?" Jia asked quietly.

Yi looked at him then toward the water, watching the waterfalls.

"I don't know, I've been so many things. Why can't I just relax for once?"

"You mean you don't want to be anything?" Jia questioned with furrowed brows.

"No, that's not it." He admitted "It's just...I don't know. There are so many unknowns in what we do Jia. I guess I just want to live for once. I mean, I know we live. We live a lot. But I don't want to start with a job already in mind. I want to be surprised."

"Surprised?"

"Yeah, surprised. Maybe go to school. We haven't done that in a while."

"We can still go if you really want. There's a college in the next village over and we're still in the age range to go." Jia said. 

"I don't want to go to that college, It's not right for us and you know it. Besides, we can't afford it." Yi sighed.

"Alright, but if you go to school. I will too!" Jia exclaimed as if it would kill him, making Yi laugh.

........

A.N I updated twice today so remember to read chapter 9 first ^^ Also I have no time to edit this so I will do it later. (I think I screwed myself over by making Yi and Jia's part in italic *crys*)

P.s I honestly don't know how to describe the clothes they are wearing so I guess  just imagine anything..?