Chapter 26

Rocky future

 

Suddenly Mr.Kang came to the table.

"What now? everytime you bother us out from class lesson is never a good thing." Jiyeon said.

"Good guess. It is not a good thing anyway. In 3 weeks, hope you guys a prepared." -Mr.Kang

"For?" --Jay

"Mini Concert." --Mr.Kang

---

Jiyeon spurts water out from hearing that.

"WHAT?! Mini concert?" --All

"Yes, and it's only from you guys  from the preparatory class. The whole an hour and a half mini concert is all your stages." --Mr. Kang

"WHAT?! No way. Why not SISTAR or KARA? Why us?" -- Jay

"Your debut chance is right infront of you. We got a surprise request from CEO from the entertainment companies. They wants more trainees to their company and even sign for debut if you have the potential. Plus, if you are chosen, you'll be graduated right away and start your training in the company." --Mr.Kang.

---

Jiyeon is strolling along the corridoor after class. She is the only one haven't gone home because of class duty.

"That company CEO must be finiding reasons not to fund for us. Preparatory class having a successful mini concert? WHat kind of crap is that?"

Jiyeon heard some one talking in a frustrated tone. She eavesdrop by hiding behind pole.

"WHat to do. Is the only way we can show that Kirin treats all students fairly. Our hope is now on the preparatory class. IF they fails this mini concert, Kirin will be closed down forever." Another teacher said.

Jiyeon turned around and leans her back to the pole. Jiyeon was shocked hearing that. "What? So Kirin will be closed down if the concert failed on CEO's review?"

"I have faith in my students. The concert will succeed." Another guy voice said.

"That voice. Mr.Kang?: Jiyeon turns around and peeps.

----

The whole preparatory class went hanging out and not even thinking about the mini concert. Except for one... Jiyeon.

Jiyeon hangs her head low while walking with the others. She didn't talk much and the words from the other class teachers keeps replaying in her mind.

"We have less than a week for the concert and we are here hanging out instead of planning for it. If this goes on, Kirin will end in our hands." she thought to herself and lifted her head up. There is a fierce and serious look on her face while looking at the gang infront of her who is just playing around not even talking about the mini concert.

'Guys, we need to discuss about the concert. We have less than a week. It should be the busiest time for all the planning and rehearsels but instead, we are all here hanging out and joking around." Jiyeon suggested.

"Relax, Jiyeon ah. No point getting so worked up for it." Suzy said and pats on Jiyeon's shoulder.

"Yah, this cake shop has offer for all of us! Buy four free one! Come on!" Eunjung cheered. Before Jiyeon could say anything, the rest already dissapeared and went in the cafe. Jiyeon could only sighs and shook her head then steps in the cafe.

The waiter handed the menu to the group.

Jiyeon just silently take a seat and an empty space next to Jay. The others are just pointing and discussing what to order not even giving a little attention to Jiyeon.

"Haiz.. At this rate, Kirin is over." Jiyeon thought to herself.

"Jiyeon ah, what do you want? How bout apple pie?" Jay turned to her side and ask Jiyeon when she notice Jiyeon didn't place an order.

"Uh.. yea." Jiyeon simply answers.

"Add one apple pie please. That's all." Jay orders. 

While others are enjoying their meals, Jiyeon was just poking her pie moodlessly.

"Jiyeon ah, why are you like that? Are you sick?" Jay whisperingly asked Jiyeon. Jiyeon just shakes her head.

----

After their meals the moment they got out from the cafe, Suzy asked, "Where to next?"

"Hm.. How bout theme park?" Eunjung suggests. 

Jay was always the "tag-a-long" so she doesn't matter where they wanna go as long they don't abandon anyone. While the three is discussing, Jay looked to her left where Jiyeon as the usual moodness since after class ends.

"She must have known something. She was never this worked up before." Jay thought to herself.

"Girlfriends, I think we better go back to school." Jay voiced out when three is still in the middle of discussion. Jiyeon tilts her head up and sees Jay talking to the three.

Jiyeon walks closer to them. "Why?" IU asked.

"Well, we have a concert in less than a week. So it's best we start planning now. It could be a rehearsel for us before we debut." Jay explained.

---

 

"So, JAy will do the opening, after that is Jiyeon, follow by Eunjung, after that will be Suzy and IU duet and closing would be all of us. So now let's decide on the song." --Bora

According to plans, Jay and the rest went back to school to plan about their mini concert. Once they enters the school compound, they made their way straight to the dance room. Shockingly they found SISTAR with alot of papers on the ground sitting in a circle.

 

-Flashback-

After school, Hyorin looks out the window and sees Jay and the gang running everywhere happily.

"I think we should help them with their mini concert. Five days left and they still haven't come up with anything." Bora asked.

"YEah. We have done our first concert successfully. I think we should help them out." Dasom sided Bora.

"Call. We'll help them out. " Hyorin also agrees to it.

So they started discussing about it. 

"We'll start with the opening." Hyorin said.

"opening we'll have VCR of their messages to the audience. Which topic is appropriate?" Soyou suggests.

"How about DREAM?"

ANd they continued to discuss until Jay and the rest enters.

- EnD flashback -

 

 

D4

Jay and the rest practice the stage orders with SISTAR monitoring them by the side.

"Ok. First VCR will take about 3 minutes." Bora said and pressed the stop watch.

"In the three minute, the first person must be ready backstage on the second minute onwards." Hyorin instructed. Jay and the rest focused on them.

When Bora's stopwatch showed 5 seconds before VCR time ends, Bora cues with her fingers. When all fingers closed, Jay steps forward and sings.

"2 minute before your turn, you must be ready backstage. Maximum time is 1 minute 30seconds. With this, the concert will go smoothly and the audience won't wait too long." Soyou explains.

They do that till the last. and keeps repeating to get the right rhythm.

---

 

D3

Jay enters the practice room without anyone. She is the earliest today. SHe leaves her bag at the end of the practice room and starts practicing.

"Wow, Jay. You're so early today." Jiyeon said as she is the second on to enter.

"Uh. You're here. You woke up early today." Jay greets smilingly.

"I thought I am the earliest but you are." Jiyeon said and pouted.

"Well, since you're here, let's practice for the closing performance." Jay suggested.

It's now 7am. Been 2 hours after Jay and Jiyeon practiced alone and clearly they're still alone just the two of them now. They rested by leaning against the wall and sits on the floor. Jay brought some juice she made herself and gave one to Jiyeon to cure their thirst.

"Jiyeon ah, ....." Jay called her fondly.

"hmM?" Jiyeon simply makes a sound while drinking water to cue that she is listening.

"Why are you suddenly get so worked up about this?" Jay asked and looked at Jiyeon who once again looked bothered by the question.

Jiyeon remembered what she overheard the other day when Jay asked the question.

"Why? You knew something don't you?" Jay asked again, this time she earned a sigh from the other girl.

"Spit it out." Jay urges.

"It's nothing." Jiyeon said and stood up. "Jah, let's practice."

"Jiyeon ah, you're hiding something I know it. Just tell me. We're a team. plus, I am the captain. I have the right to know if it involve us all." 

Jiyeon sighs again with what Jay stated. "Fine. I'll tell you." Jiyeon told what she heard the other day.

"Hmm.. So that's why all the sudden we have mini concert for us when usually this kind of thing is always for the upper class." Jay said while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Which is what I am most worried about. I also heard it's gonna be voted by the public." Jiyeon sighs again.

"Public? Man, it's our first time and we're gonna humiliate ourself in public?! Oh my god." Jay palms her forehead.

"You won't be humiliated in public." A voice suddenly said bringing Jiyeon and Jay's attention to her as SISTAR enters. Jay signals Jiyeon not to tell anything to anyone by putting an index finger on her own lips. Understanding waht Jay meant, Jiyeon nodded.

"Bora unni." Jay and jiyeon both stood up and greets the seniors politely.

"Bora is right. How can we let our mentees be humiliated in public? We're your coach remember?" Hyorin said convincingly.

When the others joins in, they started practice for the full stage.

---

D-1

 

Today Jiyeon is the earlies to arrive. SHe practiced for her solo stage.

"We must succeed no matter what. It's like shooting two birds with one stone. Succeed mini concert, maybe debut and save Kirin. " Jiyeon thought to herself.

"Today is individual practice. The school is closed for today so all the classes are free to use for practice and discussion." Hyorin announced.

Mr.Kang was peeping at the door and was smiling looking at them. "Kirin's life is in your hands." He mumbles to himself and left.

"Wait, we haven't decorate the stage yet." Jay suddenly stopped dancing and tell the others.

"No worries. Mr. Kang got that covered. Besides, it won't be our school stage." soyou said.

"Mwo? Not our school stage? Then where?" Eunjung questioned.

"A stadium." Hyorin answered.

---

 

D-Day

 

Mr.Kang personally drove the van and brings them to the stadium.

"Alright kids. This is the time! Now show 'em what you got!" Mr Kang said fiercely.

"ATTENTION!" Jay ordered. The other four stands in line like in the army and stomped their right foot.

" *PILSUNG!" Jay said again and salutes. The others follows the cue too.

[*PILSUNG! = is a phrase where the Korean army will said when salute/cheering. It brings the meaning for "default victory" in war.]

 

 

They're all standing in the middle of the stadium, looking around. The stadium is fully packed. There is no empty seats at all. Then The VCR starts playing.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jay imnida...."

Two minutes passed. The last one is Jiyeon. 

"3..."

"2...."

"1....."

Jay rushed to the middle of the field and perform.

 

The rest at the backstage were nervous. They tries to ease their nervousness doing many things. Suzy practicing her lines, Eunjung practice her rap, IU warming by singing Do.Re.Mi, and Jiyeon checks on her dance moves.

"AH! It hurts." suddenly Jiyeon said, bringing everyone's attention to her,

"Why what happen?" Eunjung panickly rushes to Jiyeon and asked,

"My stomach is feeling hurt." Jiyeon answered holding her stomach and hunching abit.

"Go sit down. What on earth did you eat yesterday?" Eunjung and Suzy helps Jiyeon over to the chair.

"I ate what you guys ate. It was my last dinner and I didn't eat anything else after that." Jiyeon answers. 

Then, Jay finished performing and went back to backstage. She starts panicking when she sees her members surrounding somebody. She looks and recognise all of them and sees that Jiyeon is not one of the person surrounding. That time, she had a bad feeling kicks in. BEcause after her is Jiyeon. She immeidately rushes to Jiyeon. And even more panicks when Jiyeon breaking cold sweat.

 

"Yah, Jiyeon ah. What's wrong with you?" Jay kneels infront of her so that they on the same eye-level and asked in  panic mode and wiped the sweat all over Jiyeon's forehead with her sleeve.

"She's having an upset stomach. How is she gonna perform now?" Suzy asked.

"Jiyeon ah, how are you feeling?" Jay asked worriedly.

"Abit dizzy. And weak.." Jiyeon asnwered weakly. Jay touched her arm and feels warm. Her eyes widens and gets more panic. She touched Jiyeon's forehead and her neck.

"YAh, You're burning up!" JAy said in shocked. 

-----

After a long time since Jay finished her performance, another memebr hasn't comes to stage. SISTAR who is at the audience is beginning to feel uncomfortable as the crowd starts protesting. 

"Yah, ISn't the next after Jay should be JIyeon?" Bora asked Dasom who is beside her.

"Is it possible something happened backstage?"Soyou asked.

"should we go and check on them?" Hyorin suggest. Three other members nodded at the samae time and they left their seats.

 

 

 

"Yah, why is Jiyeon not up? The crowd is boo-ing already. Something wrong?" Hyorin asked worriedly seeing everyone surrounding.

"Is Jiyeon. She is too weak to perform that powerful dance. SHe's having an upset stomach and fever." Jay explains the situation.

"Then someone should go up first in place of her until she is better to perform. You guys are a team. You guys should not keep the audience waiting while a member rest. Other members should go up to the stage and delay the time until the sick one is energise enough to perform. DOn't just stick to the order made in the paper. Is your concert. You do the plan, you change the plan when something comes up." Hyorin nagged. 

Jay understood what Hyorin meant. Even if is a solo part and the order has been decided, when something comes up like this, is a must to change the order. And since the DJ is the nearest to the backstage, just tell him to change the song will do.

""Suzy, you're up. After Suzy, Eunjung then IU. Let Jiyeon be the last." Jay instruct. Hyorin smilingly nodded proud of Jay who understand her message that she was trying to send indirectly.

As Jay ordered, Now is Eunjung's turn. "Jiyeon ah, how're you feeling? Still hurt?" Jay asked. Jiyeon nodded weakly.

"Jiyeon ah, what if you don't perform. At your state you can't--" Jay was interupted.

"NO! I must finish my performance. I have my responsibility as a team. You know what will happen if they are not satisfied,right. I must give an effort to save Kirin." Jiyeon determinely said.

"What did she mean by save Kirin?" Eunjung asked after she finish performing.

"Well, since is almost the end, I guess we shall tell you. Yes, this mini concert is a chance to save Kirin from closing down....." Jay started.

"I'll ask the visual director to play the practice VCR to buy some time." Bora said and ran to the Visual Office. The VCR played showing their practice for the concert. The crowd cheered at their effort.

Jay used the time to explain what Jiyeon heard. 

They were shock to hear the news.

"Right so is either debut and save Kirin or demolish Kirin? Oh my. I toldchu is not suppose to be us. But why us?" IU questioned in disbelief.

"If they let the superior class to do it, for sure the fund is a guarenteed. But if we do it, higher chance to fail this. Plus, is the public's rating we gotta worry too." Jiyeon explains weakly.

"Now we have bigger problem. Jiyeon's state is still not good. We need to buy her more time. And Suzy, go and get her some hot chocolate. It'll relief the pain for awhile." Jay said. Immeidately Suzy went to the vendor machine.

"Now what?" Eunjung asked.

Jay still thinking. Now the VCR has just ended.

"IU, go up the stage. We'll think about it later."  Bora said.

Now Suzy came back with the warm drink and Jiyeon drinks it. But Jiyeon sweating even more.

"Is no use. SHe needs more time to rest."  Eunjung gets more panic.

"Yah, why is the order all a mess?" Mr.Kang enters the backstage through the backdoor.

"Kang-saen. Jiyeon is not feeling well." EUnjung simply said.

"Great, now even IU is back. Kirin is OVER!!" Suzy commented and slammed herself on the chair.

"I can do it." Jiyeon said weakly and forced herself to stand up. But her knees gave up on her.

"YAH! FIne. If you want to perform so much, let's go." Jay said and helped Jiyeon to stand.

"Mwo? Jay, are you crazy? How is she gonna perform in this state?" Dasom shocked by Jay's sudden action.

"We'll do a duet together. I know your song. When you need a rest, I'll cover up for you." --Jay. 

Jiyeon looked at Jay for awhile and slowly nodded.

"yah, are you sure?" IU asked.

"This girl's willpower to perform will never dies until she finish her performance.Rather than waste time to talk her down, better help her to perform on stage instead." Jay said and they went up the stage. 

The others nervously watched them from backstage.

 

 

 

Jiyeon tried her very best to perform what she practiced everyday though her body could not take it. Jiyeon did not followed what Jay proposed earlier. Eventhough she feels she needs rest, she did not send signals to Jay to cover for her. SHe just continue to perform bearing everything.

Her body feels weaker and weaker. Her stomach is killing her again.

"Aish.. This girl.. She is weak enough but still stubborn." Jay thought to herself.

Suddenly Jiyeon's knee became weak. She sat hopelessly on the stage butstill continued to sing. 

"That's it!"

Jay rushes over and acted natural making everything as part of a performance. Jiyeon's hands were shivering while holding the mic on the left hand. 

The CEO were looking at her and Jay saw it. 

Jay holds Jiyeon's hand and sang while looking passionately at Jiyeon. While Jiyeon wearing the doll dress, and Jay wearing somesort of a guy outfit, the CEO and the audience thinks it's part of an act. Even the way Jay holds up Jiyeon's hand is like a prince to a princess.

The crowd cheered when the performance ended. They went backstage.

"Wah! Jay's fast idea daebak! Looks like Romeo and Juliette on stage." Eunjung cheered.

Jiyeon breathing heavily while laying on the sofa at the waiting room.

"Jiyeon ah, you can rest now. Let us do the ending, okay?" Jay asked praying Jiyeon would agree. But to her despair, Jiyeon shook her head.

Jay sighs deeply.

So all of them went up the stage for the closing stage.

"OMG. Why the song so long?" --Jay thought

"When is this gonna end? Jiyeon looks like she's gonna collapse anytime!!" --Eunjung thought

"Dear God, please give strength to JIyeon." --Suzy thought

Jiyeon is getting dizzier due to her fever. And the song is only half way.

The others find for a chance to help Jiyeon on the stage without being too obvious. After awhile finally it ends.

"FINALLY." --All thought

---

Right after the concert ended, Jiyeon was directly sent to the hospital.

"I was pretty amazed by her willpower. Her fever is so high yet she manage to perform. If usual people, would even have trouble to stand." The doctor praised.

"Jiyeon ah~~" --Jay

"I'm better already after having IV drip. Don't worry." --Jiyeon

"Neo Pabo. If you do this again, I swear i'll kill myself." --Jay

"Arra~ I won't do it again. Yaksok" --Jiyeon

"Jinjja?" --Jay

"Yes. Because I won't let myself be sick again." --Jiyeon giggles

"Yah~~" Jay whines.

Then, Mr.Kang receives a call."Mwo? Jinjja? ALRIGHT!!"

All attention on Mr.Kang. 

"Bad news or good news?" --Jay

"Both."

"Ok. Bad news first." --Eunjung

"Bad news is.... Kirin will be demolish."

"WHAT?! Then what about good news?" --Suzy

"Good news is, Kirin will be rebuilt and five of you got love calls from all the CEO that present today. They said if you want to start trainee now or wait until graduate from Kirin is fine. " --Mr.Kang

"MWO? WHAHA!! THIS IS THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!" they screams and cheered happily.

The five after 3 years of trainee under Galaxy Entertainment, they are debuted as a group in the name of L.E.ments (pron.: Elements)

Sky= Jay

Storm = Jiyeon

Cloud = Eunjung

Sun = IU

Mist = Suzy