*Epilogue*

(Never) Meant To Be

 

Epilogue

 

And that’s where I’m going to stop. If that’s the end of the story, or the beginning, I’ll let you decide. All I know is that that’s the moment I decided to stop fighting and that it was the best decision I ever made.

 

I’m sure you all want to know what happened after… did I go back to Korea? Did we get married? How did everyone react? Did he keep going with BTS? Well, I’ll leave it up to your imagination. A quick google search could tell you all of that anyways.

 

Life as Mrs. Kim Taehyung isn’t always easy, and I’m not saying that there aren’t a lot of up and downs, but for the most part, I’m happy. We’re happy, and it hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be. All the fears that I had, about his fans, or other people’s judgement, they weren’t totally groundless, but we loved each other, and that was what mattered the most. And in the end, everyone got over it. And my worst fear of all, that he would be the one to give up on me because I was too old, well, it was the only one that remained completely unfounded. I’d found my soulmate, in a man who was 10 years younger than me, and who was still – at times – very much of a child himself, and I was happy.

 

Sometimes, I think the biggest obstacle to your happiness is your own self. And though I’m sure I’m not done making stupid decisions, hopefully, I’ve learnt enough from my mistakes to not screw up too badly in the future.

 

I hope that you, who is reading this, gain some sort of wisdom from my idiotic ramblings, or at least a few hours of entertainment from this story.

 

I never thought we were meant to be, but through everything that happened, I guess I was proved wrong. And he keeps on proving me wrong every single day.

 

THE END