Halfu Babies are Cute

(Never) Meant To Be

 

*** warning, this chapter contains ual content ***

 

Chapter 25 – Halfu Babies are Cute

 

And so, one week passed, in the usual manner that it did when Taehyung and I were away from each other. It was the end of the semester at my school, and I’d been pretty busy with the preparations for the finals, so I fortunately hadn’t had too much time to feel sad. Today, however, was the beginning of tests, and since mine was on Wednesday, it meant I had the day off.

 

I’d gotten up pretty late and was still in my pajamas, even though it was already nearly 5pm, when the doorbell rang. I perked up and froze, waiting to hear it was for a delivery or some annoying salesman come to try to rope me into changing my internet again; but the person on the other side didn’t say anything. Now normally, if I’m not expecting a package, I won’t even answer the door because door-to-door harassment is still a common thing in Japan, and really not something I normally want to deal with. They always want you to change your internet or phone company, or want you to pay for watching public TV, and I don’t even own one; so I usually just hide. But just in case, this time, I tiptoed into the hallway and peaked at the tiny screen that videoed my front step every time the bell rang. I squeaked in shock, recognizing that shiny bowl-cut head even though it was hidden under a black face mask, and hurried to open the door.

 

“Tae!!” I squealed, forgetting myself and jumping into his arms.

 

He laughed, catching me, and I could see the smile even through his face mask.

 

“What are you doing here?! I thought you were coming tomorrow??”

 

“I wanted to surprise noona,” he answered, pulling his mask down and I could see that he was indeed beaming at me, “Your house is so hard to find! I always get lost!” he grumbled, pulling me in a little closer.

 

I guess he wasn’t expecting a reply to that comment since he immediately leaned his face over mine, resting one hand behind my head as he planted a slow, soft kiss on my lips. A million butterflies came to life inside my stomach and I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as I responded with even more fire. We stood there for nearly a minute, lost into each other, before he pulled away, grinning his huge rectangular smile at me.

 

“I missed you too.” he told me, with a little smirk that made me cluck at him, and he chuckled more.

 

“Noona, can we go in? It’s cold out here.”

 

“Oh! Of course!” I said, suddenly realizing it myself.

 

I ushered him inside where it was positively toasty by comparison.

 

“Waahh… so messy…” he commented, giving the room a quick once-over, and I cringed inwardly. In the heat of the moment, I had indeed forgotten that my place was not actually in a state to receive guests.

 

“Yah!” I scolded, smacking him on the arm. It made him flinch but he just grinned back at me, “I wasn’t expecting any visitors, you know…”

 

“But you knew I come tomorrow.” he stated, following me inside.

 

“Sure but I didn’t think you’d come here.” I shrugged.

 

“No?” he wrapped his arms around me again, looking into my eyes, making my thoughts fog up again.

 

“I thought we’d meet at your hotel or something… I…” I lost my train of thoughts, looking into those dark, beautiful eyes, “I dunno…”

 

“I like noona’s place,” he grinned at me again, and then without warning, he let go of me and launched himself onto the bed, making it creak in a rather worrisome way, and lounged on it like he was in the lap of luxury, which was a pretty funny picture, if you can imagine it.

 

“Noona’s bed is cooooomfy…” he said, looking at me with the greasiest of smiles.

 

I just stood there looking at him, both dumbfounded and trying not to laugh. And when his comment didn’t have the desired effect, he stared even harder and started wriggling his eyebrows in what I’m sure he imagined was a y way.

 

I burst out laughing.

 

“Oh, Kim Taehyung… what am I gonna do with you, eh?” I shook my head, climbing into the bed as he grinned triumphantly and pulled me over to him by the arm.

 

“Well... I have some idea…” he said, looking away in fake innocence.

 

I smacked him and he laughed – that loud chuckle of childish delight – before pulling me down into a kiss.

 

Every ounce of innocence I’d felt from him before vanished instantly as his tongue entered my mouth. He kissed me like he was thirsty and my lips somehow held the water he was looking for. His hands slipped under my shirt to wrap around my back and press me closer to him as he pulled on my bottom lip again and again. I could feel him getting aroused and I replied in kind, his name between kisses, running my fingers through his hair and trying to pull him closer to me as well.

 

Before I could even realize it, he’d unbuckled his pants and was trying to shrug them off, without stopping kissing me, which of course, was a nearly impossible feat.

 

“Woah there, cowboy… in a hurry?” I asked, chuckling at him.

 

“Yes.” he answered, giving my ear a bite, “I want you.” he let out, like a low growl, continuing to kiss my neck, and I was incredibly .

 

As he was doing that, he managed to flip me over so that he was on top, and from that position he had no problem trying to take his pants off, and within a minute he was crouching on top of me, half-, letting me know without words how much he wanted me.

 

“Tae…” I mumbled, nearly delirious with desire, “what are you doing?”

 

“I told you,” he paused to take my shirt off and then resumed his attack, “I want you so much Emma… I can’t wait…”

 

“Yaaaah…. What are you doing?!” I exclaimed, wriggling away from him as he tried to manoeuver himself inside me.

 

“What?” he pouted, and then he bit his bottom lip and the smile he plagued me with was so y I almost lost my train of thought.

 

“!” I managed to utter, in my best authoritative voice.

 

“Emmaaaaaa….” he purred in my ear, making me go crazy, “You’re my only girl. Can’t I just do like this? I’ll come outside.” he said, looking at me with his cutest, iest pout.

 

“No, no, no!” I said, shoving him off, and though he was surprised, he just laughed, rolling over on his back as I got up to go fetch a from my own personal stack and came back waving it at him. “I know you’re cute and all, but I don’t want no baby right now.” I said, throwing it at him.

 

He laughed, catching it. “No?” he raised an eyebrow at me as I climbed back into bed and I gave him a flat look, to express just how funny I thought he was.

 

He put it on in the blink of an eye, and before I knew it he had me pinned down to the bed and was staring straight into my eyes. His shirt was off too. How had he done that?

 

“That’s too bad…” he whispered in my ear as he slipped himself inside of me, and I was torn between pleasure and wanting to smack him. “I think a mini TaeTae would look really cute, no?”

 

“Kim Taehyung?” I said, warningly.

 

“Yes?” he asked, unmistakable laughter in his voice.

 

“Shut the up.”

 

And I pulled him down into a kiss so he’d oblige.

 

*

 

It had only been a week since we hadn’t seen each other, but if I was judging from just how intense his love-making had been, I’d say he’d missed me quite a lot.

 

After we’d finished, he’d crawled over and nestled himself with his head on my chest, promptly passing out. I just laid there, his hair and enjoying the moment. I’d assumed he was sleeping because he wasn’t saying a word and was breathing so regularly, but all of a sudden, without stirring or opening his eyes, he suddenly said to me:

 

“It wouldn’t be so bad, you know.”

 

“What?” I asked, looking down at him.

 

“A mini TaeTae.” he smiled with his eyes closed.

 

I stopped my and narrowed my eyes at him.

 

“A mini Emma then?” he suggested, cracking an eye open to look up at my glaring face. He chuckled at my expression and went back to snuggling my s, which made me roll my eyes.

 

“Halfu-babies are cute.” he said, matter-of-factly.

 

“Are we even having this conversation??” I asked, bewildered.

 

He chuckled again but went on as if he hadn’t heard me. “Our baby would be the most beautiful, of course.”

 

I rolled my eyes, but obviously he wasn’t gonna drop the subject so I decided to indulge him. “Obviously.” I replied, with fake vanity.

 

He nodded, “little Taesook would be the prettiest little girl. I have to fight boys away.”

 

“Ehh, what is that?” I made a face.

 

“What?” he asked, opening both eyes to look at me.

 

“That name. That’s a girl?” I asked.

 

“Taesook? Of course.”

 

“It’s terrible.” I shook my head.

 

“Wae, it’s nice!” he protested.

 

“You just like it cuz it has half your name in it.” I .

 

“So?” he made a face at me.

 

“It’s too Korean, anyways.” I added.

 

“Well I’m Korean…” he sulked.

 

“Yeah but, if we ever had a kid, she’d have to have a name that works in both languages.” I explained to him, letting myself get ered into his silly argument.

 

“Ahh… I didn’t think about that… So, what do you think is good?” he asked, very seriously, opening his eyes wide.

 

His reaction made me press my lips together to repress a smile, but I did pause for a while, contemplating the question. “Hmm… I dunno… I’ve thought about this in Japanese, but never in Korean before…”

 

I looked up to think for a bit while he looked at me half-intrigued, half amused, waiting for my answer, and it took a couple minutes before I came up with something.

 

“Oh! How about Jaimie?”

 

“What?” he replied, like it wasn’t what he expected.

 

“It’s a cute name, and works for both a guy or a girl… in Korean we could spell it ‘Jae-mi’… isn’t it cute?” I told him, quite proud of having come up with that on such short notice. Truth is, there are a lot of girls names that would fit both languages, like Hana, Sara or Lea, but those are all so common and boring. I never liked doing the same as everybody else. Even when it came to imaginary baby names.

 

“If it’s our baby, it’ll be cute…” he smiled at me lovingly.

 

“You’re such a dork.” I rolled my eyes and gave his nose a little flick as he was trying to come closer.

 

“Let’s make a little Jae-mi now…” he crawled up and started kissing the crook of my neck.

 

“Kyaa! Tae! No!”

 

I giggled, squealed and tried to squirm away from him, but eventually failed and gave in to his persuasions. However, since I still had a lot of condoms hidden away in my closet, we did not make a little Jae-mi that night.