Dinner and a Movie

(Never) Meant To Be

A/N

btw, a lot of people have been asking me if the karaoke room is real. Yes, it's real lol. I dunno if it's still running though, but it was definitely still operational last time i went there!

-AoH

 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter 15

 

Dinner with the “sunshine line” was a rather enjoyable affair. We all sat on the floor in a circle, take-out food splayed out right from its package in the center, and chatted as we ate. Hobi made a huge fuss about my being there when I arrived, insisting that I should seat in the “place of honor” (right by the glazed chicken, lol) and trying to have everyone speak English together, but soon gave up on that mission and reverted to Korean as he forgot I was there. But, even though I couldn’t understand what they were talking about half the time, they were all so happy and cheerful, it was fun just watching them. Plus, it was pretty comfy, sitting indian-style in the lap of my newfound boyfriend, who refused to let go of me.

 

Halfway through our meal, Kookie decided to drop by and plopped down on the floor next to Hobi, reaching for a piece of chicken and pointedly avoiding looking at Taehyung and I. I glanced up at V but he just shook his head at me, indicating I shouldn’t worry about it. The conversation kept going, and the tension in the maknae’s shoulders soon loosened up as he laughed and played with his hyungs. Eventually, Jimin remembered that they had been planning on watching a movie, so Hobi went to fetch his computer and set it up on one of the beds so we could all watch it. Their original pick had been a Korean spy movie, but they switched to Avengers instead, for my sake. I tried to protest, since I was the intruder, but they would have none of it, so Avengers it was.

 

I had to excuse myself to use the bathroom halfway through, and when I got out, I noticed that Jungkook was up too, refilling his glass of cola from the fridge in the mini kitchen. I hesitated but finally decided to approach him.

 

“Would you give me one too?” I asked, surprising him.

 

He looked up and I tried to give him a friendly smile. Then without acknowledging my request, he grabbed another glass and started filling it.

 

“Jungkook, you know… I’m really sorry… mianhae…” I said, hoping he’d understand my meaning, even though we really had no common language.

 

He sighed and looked down at the cola bottle. Then he shook his head and said something in Korean.

 

“I don’t want you to be angry…” I offered.

 

“Not angry, noona…” he said, still not looking at me, “kunyan… it’s… uh… it’s strange for me.” he went on, trying to come up with English words that could express his feeling.

 

“I won’t come anymore if it’s weird, then… I don’t wanna make you upset.”

 

“No, no!” he exclaimed, finally looking up at me and reaching a hand out for me, “Tae-hyung very angry if that!”

 

I couldn’t help a chuckle cuz he looked genuinely upset. I guess he cared for his older brother a lot.

 

“Noona stay.” he said, patting my shoulder, and before I could add anything else, he just walked back towards the bedroom, his cup in hand.

 

I wasn’t too sure how much we’d patched things up but I shrugged and decided to follow suit. I decided to sit on one of the reading chairs, so I could put my glass on the small table next to it, instead of reclaiming my spot next to V on the floor. At first he didn’t notice, but suddenly, about 10 minutes later, he suddenly called out “Yah! What you do there?!” his mouth hanging wide open at the end of his statement, and everybody just cracked up. Then he just opened his arms wide and nodded to the spot right in front of his legs pointedly. “Here!” he ordered, and though it was horribly presumptuous, it was also so adorable that I obeyed.

 

Once I’d sat down, he wrapped his arms possessively around me and placed his chin in the crook of my neck. Jimin snickered quietly and Hobi went “ooooh” teasingly, as I blushed bright red, but otherwise, that was as far as our little disturbance went.

 

Once I was sure that everyone’s attention was back on the movie, I pulled on Taehyung’s shirt to make him look at me. “Tae…” I whispered in his ear, “Can we talk somewhere?”

 

He looked around at the others, who were super intent on the heavy action on the screen and looked back at me with a little nod. He got up, giving me a hand to help me up too, and just headed towards the door without warning anyone. I looked back at the 3 of them, but nobody seemed to notice our departure, so I just shrugged and followed him out. Yet as I turned away, I saw Jungkook look up, and I could’ve sworn he was smirking a little.

 

V was waiting in the doorway of his own room as I exited the boys’ room, holding the door open and grinning down at me greasily as I walked through the threshold, before letting him close shut behind us.

 

He turned to me, placing his hands on my shoulders, and gently lowered his head towards mine to kiss me. It was really, really nice. So nice that I momentarily forgot what I’d meant to say, and just wrapped my arms around his waist as I reciprocated the kiss. He pulled away to giggle a little bit, pressing his nose and forehead to mine and looking me in the eye like that. I made a face and playfully shoved him away.

 

“You wanted to talk?” he asked me innocently and I rolled my eyes.

 

“Just, about Kookie…” I started.

 

“Aaahhh…” he whined, moving away from me and going to sit down on the edge of his bed.

 

“I think we should try to keep the PDA’s to a minimum when he’s around.” I suggested, walking over and standing in front of him.

 

“PDA?” he asked, grabbing hold of my hand and starting to play with it.

 

“That.” I nodded at our hands, laughing at him. “Kissing, cuddling, touching…” I explained.

 

“But I can’t help… I want to touch you all the time!” he complained, and as if to prove his point, he tugged on my hand, pulling me down into his lap, and wrapped his arms around me, squeezing me tight, again and again in little bursts, making me giggle.

 

“Who knows when we can to be close like this again every time…” he said, finally stopping and resting his head against my shoulder, which I guess was fast becoming his favorite position. Even though the English was slightly wrong, I could tell what he meant and I smiled, patting his head softly.

 

“Oh!” he snapped up, “by the way, do you come to Osaka?” he suddenly asked me.

 

I turned to look at him and shook my head, “No.”

 

“No?! Wae?” he whined, his bottom lip sticking out in the cutest way.

 

“Cuz I didn’t get tickets.” I shrugged, turning back around and relaxing into the crook of his arm.

 

“But I’m here!” he exclaimed, making me chuckle with his over-expressive reaction. I just smiled.

 

“Ok, ok… I’ll make a plan.” he went on, nodding to himself.

 

“Tae…” I warned.

 

“Pssht!” he shushed me, “I’ll go Osaka tomorrow. You can stay because just one day. Then come back for Summer Sonic, then you go back with me, deal?”

 

“V, I kinda don’t have any money left after my trip home…” I protested.

 

“Don’t worry about that. I take care.” he said, holding on to me a bit tighter.

 

“… alright then.” I conceded. I knew there would be no point in arguing, and in all honesty, I was really happy to get 3 extra days with him. Because he was right; who knew when we’d be able to see each other again after this trip?

 

Our conversation slowly dissolved into another make-out session, though I flat out told him we weren’t having – what with the possibility of one of s popping up at any moment – and soon, I glanced at the clock to realize that it was already past 11pm. I told him I should probably head home before trains stopped, and he sulked, saying I could just take a taxi, but I was really tired too – after 2 days of barely any sleep – so after one more long, passionate kiss, I finally abandoned him on the bed, leaving him there as he pretended to cry.

 

I was chuckling to myself on my way out the door, so I didn’t notice Jungkook in the hallway and nearly bumped into him.

 

“Oh, you go?” he asked me, taking in the bag slung over my shoulder.

 

I smiled and nodded in response. “You can sleep without worry tonight, Kookie.” I added, giving him a little pat on the shoulder as I made to leave.

 

He looked down at me, his large eyes growing even wider, and then flashed me a huge grin. I smiled back and gave him a little wave on my way to the elevator.

 

“Goodnight, noona!” he called out cheerfully, as I was already several paces away.

 

I turned around just as he was heading inside the room. “Goodnight Kookie” I whispered to myself, smiling.