Interlude – Love Fool

(Never) Meant To Be

 

Interlude – Love Fool (Chapter 11)

 

The next morning, I woke up on the bed, with his arms wrapped around me. Fully clothed. The buzzing of his phone was what had woken me up.

 

I tried to move, but he groaned, only holding on to me tighter.

 

“Taehyung-ah… your phone is ringing. And I gotta pee.” I told him, struggling to get up but he wouldn’t let go.

 

“Good morning…” he mumbled sleepily into my ear, and I turned to see that he was smiling, though his eyes were still closed.

 

I bit my lip, trying not to smile as that was the ing cutest, but also one of the most attractive things I had ever seen in my life. He struggled to open his eyes, and then when he saw I was looking at him, grinned even wider.

 

“Noonaaa…” he said, stupidly, and planted a peck on my cheek. Then he closed his eyes again, pressing his cheek to mine and holding on to me super tight. My heart was beating so loudly in my ears, I was sure he could hear it too. How could this boy even make me feel like this by just… being? Basically?

 

His phone rang again, and he seemed to hear it this time, so he groaned, asking “What time is it?” sleepily, as he reached inside his back pocket for it. “Oh !” he exclaimed when he saw the time, bolting up. Finally, I could move.

 

He dialed a number and then a fast conversation in Korean followed. He hung up within a minute and got up quickly, straightening his clothes as he told me that apparently manager-hyung was having a fit because he hadn’t come back all night and “nobody” knew where he was and they had a schedule in less than an hour. He planted a kiss on my forehead then ran off. Then he ran back again and said, pointing a finger at me in warning, “Don’t change mind while I’m gone!” and bolted off again. I had to laugh.


 

*Taehyung’s point of view*

 

Taehyung crashed into the dorm at a run, shouting, “I’m here! I’m here!” as his manager threw his arms up in the air and breathed a sigh of relief at the same time. He yelled at him when he tried to get into the shower, saying there was no time, and told him that he had 5 minutes to get changed and get in the car.

 

The day passed by in a blur – the giddy, idiotic smile never leaving his face for one moment. The boys kept passing comments back and forth during the photoshoot, raising an eyebrow whenever they looked at him, but Tae was either too clueless, or too happy to notice, and he went on with his tasks blissfully unaware. It wasn’t until later, when the boys finally returned to their dorm, for a late lunch, and to change before heading into dance practice, that someone finally dared to ask him what had happened.

 

“So did you sleep with her or what?” asked Kookie, tactlessly, with the massive grin of a teenage boy with only one thing on the brain.

 

V nearly choked on his drink, which made Jimin and J-Hope start laughing like crazy.

 

“Of course not!” V defended himself.

 

“What?” asked the youngest, looking at his hyungs, “It’s a legitimate question! He’s been smiling like an idiot all day!”

 

And at that, V flashed them with another blinding, toothy grin, which caused them all to crack up again.

 

“So what happened, then?” asked Jimin, smacking away J-Hope’s hand who was trying to steal a piece of chicken in his plate.

 

At that V grinned stupidly again, and Kookie rolled his eyes. He let out a dorky little giggle and looked away in embarrassment.

 

“Oh come on…” sighed the youngest, making Jimin shush him and shove him off.

 

“Noona agreed to be my girlfriend…” said the boy, like an embarrassed school girl.

 

J-Hope and Jimin exchanged a look of surprise and looked back at him, asking, “Really?” and Tae nodded vigorously.

 

“Well, I for one think it’s great.” said Rapmon, emerging from the kitchen between the two boys and stealing a piece of Jimin’s chicken, popping it into his mouth.

 

“Yah!!” exclaimed Jimin, as J-Hope started clapping and laughing at him.

 

“Thanks, hyung.” said V, giving his leader a thankful smile.

 

Rapmon showed him two thumbs up as he chewed and walked off, dusting his hands, while Jimin kept on muttering about his chicken.

 

*

 

They spent the next few hours practicing various choreographies and random-play-dance for the fanmeetings the following week. After maybe 3 hours, they took a short break, and Tae ran off to the bathroom with his phone so he could mail Emma.

 

While he was away, Rapmon approached their dance teacher and asked, “Hyung, do you think we could finish a little early today?”

 

“What do you mean, early? It’s barely 7pm!?”

 

Rapmon went on to explain that Tae had gotten himself a girl and she was only in town for a short time so they thought it would be nice if he could spend some time with her before she left.

 

“Are you sure you’re not just saying that cuz you hate dancing and you wanna leave early?”

 

Rapmon grinned sheepishly, “Well, that too, but…”

 

V came back into the room just at that moment so Rapmon quickly regained his position and they started practicing again.

 

Maybe an hour later, the teacher stopped the music and announced that he had some important event to get to so practice would end here today, unless they felt like keeping at it on their own. There were loud cheers, and a surprised ecstatic reaction from Taehyung, as their teacher left the room without another word.

 

A moment later, Tae took off at a run as well. Rapmon and J-Hope turning to look at each other and exchange grins and a little fist-bump.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!!
Sorry I haven't updated anything in a million years! I've been suffering with major writer's block after the HYYH on stage concerts, especially with this story... honestly... It's really hard for me to write this one because I think I made it too "real"... I wanted to write a Mary-Sue for s and giggles, but turns out it's much easier for me to write things that are in a fictional, or alternate world... also, I sometimes think this story is really boring - or it's going to get boring lol - because I want to show how their relationship is progressing and there's not so much drama and excitement in that... but I feel like I have to show that because otherwise the events that are going to happen later on won't make any sense... and that's what's been particularly hard to get through... I swear, every day I would open my word file and sit in front of the computer and just.. ... ... ... nothing. *sigh* but now I think I managed to get going, so hopefully updates will be more frequent from now on. Plz let me know what you are thinking about the story. If you are all quiet, I think you hate it... >.< 

Sorry if I make no sense, lol. Anyways... <3

 

AoH