Request accepted

내가 누구 냐고? Who am I?

Baro’s POV:

It’s not the time to waver, Baro! Let’s just get this over and done with! No more chances after this.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. No, I’m not going to let ~~~~ go just like this.

“I want to be friends with ~~~~, your daughter. No matter what the circumstances are.” I finally blurted out.

~~~~’s father, put up his hand, as a gesture for his men to back away. Great, he’s going to listen. Let’s just get straight to the point, Baro.

“I was intrigued by ~~~~ since we first met, and after befriending with ~~~~, the real ~~~~, I want to know more about her... My group members as well. I know, that she pretends in school because of you.”

“Just how much do you know?” The Chief asked me in a low, charismatic voice.

“Just as much as she knows about you. I don’t understand how and why it’s dangerous for ~~~~ but I will take responsibility for being her friend. Do you even have any idea how ~~~~ had to put up being someone who isn’t her just because of you?”

The Chief gave me a piercing stare and clenched his fist. . Ah, I shouldn’t have gotten so agitated. I couldn’t help myself from getting angry at Chief after what ~~~~ has to go through. After all, he was the main reason for all this.

“You... You have no idea how much I have to put up with just for my own family. Get him out of here!” The Chief bellowed.

“If it’s so dangerous,... then I propose for ~~~~ quit school and allow my friends and I to meet and hang out with your daughter. And Teentop will be at watch. Please accept my request! It’s the only way for ~~~~ to stop pretending!” I begged before I was dragged out by the Chief’s men out of the room.

“Please! Just don’t let ~~~~ lose another friend.” I muttered to myself after getting out of the men’s grip.

It’s okay now. I did whatever I can. Now, I can only hope for the best.

No one’s POV:


Inside the room, the Chief was trying his best to keep his cool after being insulted by someone so young, who was no more than a stranger to him. He glanced at Changjo who brought Baro in the first place.

“You told him about you and Teentop.” The Chief asked.

“Yes, Chief. I chose to tell him.” Changjo answered.

“He knows too much. You know that he will not be let off right? You know what to do.”

“But Chief, please overlook this again. I beg you. I don’t want ~~~~ to lose another friend she has finally made after so long.” Changjo made his final request. After seeing how Baro acted just now, Changjo gained strength to confront the Chief.

“This is a first from you, Changjo. This meeting ends here.” The Chief concluded just like that, leaving Changjo clueless on what the Chief is really thinking.

“Chief, your daughters are waiting for you at the living room. They want to talk to you.” reported the man who had greeted you at the door.

“Call them in.”

“Yes, Chief.”

You and Boram Unni stepped into the room. You were feeling a bit nervous but you know the trick. Breathe in.......6,7,8 and breathe out. This routine is definitely the best in keeping you calm.

“What did you want to tell me?” Appa asked in a serious voice.

“Appa, will you let me stop coming to school from now on? I can be homeschooled like Unni. I figured out that it’s the only way for me to escape from all the pretense. I thought I could handle it at first. Being that low-profile girl that you wanted me to. But, I soon realised that I was losing myself. My real self.” You ended you plea and checked Appa’s face.

Apparently, he wasn’t surprised at all at your request like how you thought he would be. He slightly nodded his head.

“Guessed your friend was the trigger. You wouldn’t have done this if not for your friend right?” He asked.

“My friend?”

“That friend of yours who made me angry. What was his name again?... Oh yes, Baro. He has got some guts I have to say.”

“BARO MET YOU?!” You shouted in surprise before quickly covering your mouth.

Appa was quite taken aback by your action. You had never raised your voice at Appa before, considering his serious personality. But, you still couldn’t believe that Baro actually talked to Appa.

“So it’s settled then? ~~~~ will be able to stop coming to school and meet her friends?” Boram Unni asked.

Appa gave a small smile in acknowledgement. It has been a while since you saw a smile at Appa’s face and even though, it was just a small one, you were elated. You were so grateful to Appa and you felt that it was time to try to understand Appa little by little.

“Thank you. Thank you so much Appa.” You thanked him with an a beaming grin before leaving the room.

As soon as you stepped out of the room, you straight away hugged Boram Unni. You had to share your joy, and Boram Unni has every right to it. This would not have happened without her advices and you knew you couldn’t ever repay her for what she had done to you.

“Good job, dongsaeng-ah! I’m so happy for you!” She said to your ear.

A happy, memorable day that you waited so long had come. It was the day where you found an answer to who you really are and being able to be who you are. The feeling you had probably wouldn’t be comprehensible to the others out there. But it doesn’t matter. You yourself feeling it was enough. You didn’t need others to be in your shoes. You were sure they have their own shoes to be in and their own lives to take care of.

You didn’t have to lie anymore and with that, you had tomorrow to look forward to.


Annyeong, readers!~ Hope you guys are doing fine :)
The next chapter will be the final chapter for this fanfic.
I realised this is a super short fanfic but I hope you readers enjoyed it!
To my readers,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! HAHA! Greetings from Gary ^.^

 

And to my subscribers,

hehehe.



JEONGMAL KAMSAHABNIDA! T.T

On the side note, my school is starting in three days!!! GAHHHH! :O

Actually, that’s one of the main reason why I didn’t want to drag this fic any longer. I bet that I will only update at the end of the year after my major exam! >.< So yeah... See you guys soon at the final chapter! :D