The hard truth

내가 누구 냐고? Who am I?

 

Previously,

"Remember ~~~~-ah, keep yourself low. You know your father. Im trying my best to help you at home."

I just nod at her words. I pedal my bike as fast as I can and finally able to catch up with hyun seung hyun. 

Omma's words still lingers in my mind. After all this time, I still can't get it. Why must appa do that?

______________________________________________________________________________

Your POV:
 
Not long after that, we reach our school. I park my bike beside my brothers'.
I look around. No one is in sight. Area is clear. I smirk as I thought of something interesting.

"Seung hyun Oppa~ Help me lock up my bike. Jebal!! You're such a good oppa~ Saranghae <3 "I use my aegyo and throw my lock at him. 

Haha. Serve you right. Still want to be my oppa? Let's see how far you can handle me? Hehehe.

Unexpectedly, students start walking pass me. I throw away my smile and glance at Seunghyun. His angry face quickly hides itself. From now onwards, he is not the dongsaeng I know anymore. Just like the other students, he makes his way into the school. As he approaches me, he slightly brushes his shoulders against mine.

Aish! This kid! I feel like 'accidentally' bumping into him later but I manage to hold myself back when I feel something in my hands. It is a crushed note.

Yah! That was so close! Appa will know for sure. Meet me at the same time same place.

I gulp. He is right. Appa will definitelyy know. Eottohke? :S

~~~~~, calm down. Take deep breaths. Let's just go to school like any normal day. Yes, I can do this!

I walk to my lockers and take out the book that I need for the day. Just then, loud screams of fangirls fill the hallway. Many of them start rushing towards the main door. One even bump into me, causing my books to fall out of my grip. Wow, just great!

It must be them. I have to get out quick!

As fast as I can, I grab my books but I pause for a moment when I see someone's hand taking my books. It seems so familiar. Wait, don't tell me!

I look up and gasp loudly.

Changjo's POV:

Wow! Looks like girls are still not bored of us,Teentop. Why don't we have some fun? I flash my charming smile and even wink to some of the girls. I can see some of them screaming at the top of their lungs just from seeing me. Haha XD My plan did work after all. Girls! All of them are the same. They only care about looks.  

That thought suddenly disappears from my mind when I spot that one and only girl who is bending down in the hallway, picking up her books. I take my thoughts back. I guess not all girls are the same. She is defintely different after all.

I stop in my tracks and stretch out my hand to help the pretty girl. She suddenly look up and gasp. I am right. It is ~~~~~. I actually expect her to smile when she sees me. However, she just quickly grabs her books and runs out of my sight.

"Changjo is such a gentleman! If only I was as lucky as that girl!"
"What was that girl thinking?! Running away from my perfect Changjo!"

I can hear all the murmurs from the crowd. Argh! I just have the urge to shut their mouths. How can they even say that when they don't even know how much ~~~~~ had to go through? I clench my fist and stand up.

Suddenly, I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. It was Niel's. He shook his head and look at me straight in the eyes. Sigh. Looks like I have to let this one go.

Before I join the rest of Teentop, I look back once more. Just like as I thought, she is nowhere to be found.

~~~~~-ah. Im so sorry. I hope you have forgiven me. No, I was wrong. Please don't blame yourself. You can hate me. I deserve it. But, just don't stop me from helping you. It really breaks my heart. I want yourself back. Not the quiet ~~~~~ in school.

Quickly, I snap back to reality. Luckily, L.joe who was stuck behind by his so many fans catches up with me. Together, we make our way to our hangout place. Lessons in the morning are too early for us.

Your POV:

I hug my books tightly as I hide behind the toilet's door. I can feel my heart beating so fast. It has been a long time since I last saw changjo. He still looks handsome as ever. Was it five? Yup, it's been 5 long years since that incident.

After I calm myself down, I safely make my way to my homeroom class.

Throughout the whole time in class, I couldn't pay attention. Whatever my sonsaengnim said went through my right ear and left through my left ear. Because of Changjo, that particular incident keeps replaying in my mind.

Flashback.
I was bringing my guitar along with me to jam with changjo when I heard something coming from appa's room. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I leaned forward and pressed my ear on the door.

 
"Give me a reason why you have to get close to ~~~~~!" Appa bellowed.
"How- How did you know? I don't understand." I heard a familiar voice. Wait, isn't that Changjo's voice? What is he doing here?
"~~~~~ is my freaking daughter! What were you thinking? You know how being close to her will harm her safety! All my plans will be ruined!"
"I'm- I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to harm her at all. I didn't know. I- I will stop being close with her if that's what's best for her. Please forgive me!"
 
What?! What just happened in there? Why was changjo acting like that? Appa's plans? My mind was in a state of shock and I lost my grip on the guitar. However, I didn't hear any crashing sound. Slowly, I turned around and saw Hyun seung oppa holding the guitar. He placed a finger on his lips and brought me to his room. Even in a confused state of mine, I obediently followed.
 
"~~~~~-ah, I know this is all overwhelming. But, you have to know the truth. Appa brought our family here for a reason. He has plans which I have yet to know. He is monitoring each of us. If you didn't know, there's actually a secret camera hidden in our name tags. I knew this day will come. I knew you will find out sooner or later. But, it's just too bad you have to find out like this."
 
I looked into Oppa's eyes. It was the first time I saw him being so serious. I wanted to believe that he was joking but I guess I had to face the hard truth. But something still doesn't click. How is Changjo involved in my family's matters? Before I could even ask Oppa, he answered.
 
"About your friend in there, is he part of Teentop?" Oppa questioned.
 
I nodded. 
 
"I was right after all. I'm not that sure but I think Teentop is working for Appa. Don't ask me what type of work they do because I really don't know. It's just a hunch but I doubt they are clean jobs. I heard they are good at fighting so maybe you getting too close to them may attract unwanted attention. You can try to ask Changjo about it. If we get an answer, Boram Unni and I may even figure all this thing out." 
 
I could not comprehend all of this. It was just too much for me to absorb in just that short amount of time. I could feel my face turning pale.
 
"~~~~~-ah, I think you should go rest. I know this is a great blow for you but try to take it one step at a time. Oppa will be here if you need any help." He smiled. 
 
"Oh, and here's your guitar. Why are you bringing around a guitar anyway? Is it even yours?" he asked jokingly.
 
He sure goes back to his old self fast. I don't even know if he was just trying to make me feel better. Well, if he does, I just felt more hurt since he doesn't know that I play a guitar.
 
I trudged back to my room and sat on my bed. Is this the life that I have to live? I laid my back on the bed and closed my eyes. 
 
Suddenly, the door opened. It was Boram Unni.
 
"Hey! Are you ok? Bet you're not. It took me quite a while for everything to sink in. You know, that's why I stopped going to school. I don't want my life to be monitored. I rather stay at home where I can be myself in front of Appa. I also will have a chance to find out the big picture. You don't have to make the same decision as me. Hyun seung still go to school. Just that he needs to keep a low-profile. Himnae!~ We still got your back. Now, go rest. Let your mind rest."
 
"Does Seunghyun knows?" I asked.
 
"Not yet." Unni answered.
 
Later that day, during dinner, appa brought the topic up. I calmly said I understood everything and I will follow what appa wants so long it will ensure the family's safety. Appa just said thank you without a hint of guilt in his face. Somehow, that annoyed me.

"Appa, I guess it's time for seunghyun to know as well." I calmly said.

With a chicken drumstick in his mouth, Seunghyun looked up with a clueless face.

"You. Meet me in my room after dinner."

End of flashback.


"~~~~~! How many times must I call your name? Are you back in the world now? Answer this question right now!"

"Ne?" I cannot comprehend what he said with so many things in my head.

"~~~~~! I'm so tired of your behaviour! I can accept you being quiet but just how many times must you not answer my questions?! You have some issues, young lady! Meet me in detention room after school." orders Kim Sonsaengnim.

"Gongchan, please answer this question."

I slump down in my seat still taken aback by what sonsaengnim just said. I think I have to agree with him. I guess I do have issues, huh?
____________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Finally the end of chapter 2. Some parts of the truth behind the family has just been revealed. Haha. Hope it is okay so far:))