Second Plan In Action

내가 누구 냐고? Who am I?

Baro’s POV:

“Oh come on guys, stop staring at me like that!” I exclaimed.
Ok, this is apparently not working. The three of them must have thought that I have gone insane. Well, I’ve got to say, I’m surprised myself too. I absolutely have no idea where I had the guts to even think about such a crazy idea.

Changjo was the first one to get himself out of the temporary daze everyone was in.

“Baro, I’m not sure if I heard you correctly. Can you please repeat yourself?” he asked.

Sigh. This is going to take a long time.

“I said, let me meet ~~~~’s father. I think I need to talk to him.” I repeated myself.

Changjo took a deep breath and faced me once again.

“Are you INSANE?! You meeting the Chief just means the end of ~~~~, B1A4 and Teentop!” Changjo bellowed.

SIGH! I should have expected this. Why can’t they just put a little trust in me just as much as I trust myself?

“I’m serious about this. I want to propose something to ~~~~”s father that will allow us to stay as friends. So, please just let me meet him.” I explained for the last time. I was met with silence yet again.

“Are you sure about this?” L.Joe wanted to confirm.

I looked at him and nodded my head. Changjo eyed my gesture and gained confirmation.

“Okay then. Wait here. I’ll check if Chief is in now.” uttered Changjo as he rose from his seat.

For some reason, my legs started shaking and beads of perspiration started to form at the thought of seeing ~~~~’s father. I rubbed my sweaty hands together, hoping to get me distracted from my nervousness. I have no idea how and what I’m going to say to ~~~~’s father. What if I screw up? B1A4 will be in trouble, ~~~~ and Teentop too. I can’t let that happen. But, what should I freaking say?! Ah, Baro-yah, why did you have to think of such a crazy idea?

“Sorry guys. You’ll need to meet Chief another day. He’s out for a trip currently and will be back tomorrow.”

I heaved the biggest sigh of relief despite being the one trying to convince the others on letting me meet the Chief. My body calmed down drastically at the news.

“It can’t be helped then. Come back here tomorrow. But, oh, let me have your phone number. We’ll inform you what time for you guys to come.” said L.Joe.

Tomorrow. I’ll have to face him tomorrow. That totally blew me away. My mind turned black and mentally, I went inside a box shutting off the rest that were present. Without me noticing, Gongchan and L.Joe snatched my phone away and started exchanging numbers.

“Here you go, Baro.” L.Joe handed my phone back.

“Yah Hyung! Come back!~” said Gongchan, which I found a bit weird because Gongchan was always the one escaping into his own personal little world. Now, I guess I know how he feels.

“Ah, sorry. I’m back now. Thank you.” I replied when realisation hits me.

“We’ll come back again tomorrow then.” Gongchan continued, while we exited the cool dorm.

Changjo and L.Joe sent us off quickly and by the time we turned our backs, the both of them were immersed in their private conversation.

“Hyung! The Teentop guys are way nicer than they look. It’s true that we should never judge a book by its cover.”Gongchan proclaimed.

“Yeah, it was a bit surprising that they trust us so easily.” I responded.

“Kaja, Hyung! We need to tell the others and plan for tomorrow! Luckily we are having a sleepover.” Gongchan pulled me.

That’s right. With their help, I will be able to get this done. Just have to plan what to say. Say it right at the right time. After that, everything will be well.

No one’s POV:
Gongchan and Baro reached Shinwoo’s house soon after and filled them in about the long story they just understood in a few hours. The rest were surprised at the truth behind you, but just like the others, they managed to come to realization and their planning for tomorrow’s meeting consequently started.

Meanwhile, you were still in a good mood, feeling all happy after releasing a huge burden off your shoulders and successfully enjoy time together with your friends. You felt that everything seems to be complete if you were able to keep them as friends so long you don’t have to put up the pretense as the awkward, quiet girl. Suddenly, an idea came to your mind. You dashed into Boram Unni’s room which was all dark. As usual, Unni was staring at her desktop computer, giggling away silently.

“UNNI! HAHAHAH! Look at you smiling to yourself!” You went up her to surprise her.

“YAH! You scared me! Hah, I bet someone was busy giggling to herself in her room just now.” Unni replied.

“Ah, Unni! Fine, fine. We are even now.” Unni smiled at my forced confession.

“So, what’s up?” she asked. You went closer to her and started shooting out the ideas you thought of before on trying to be the person whom you are. Boram Unni gave her opinions as well and by then, the both of you were in a heated discussion, confirming the details for the next plan.

--On the next day--

Baro and Gongchan had come with a determined mind into Teentop’s dorm yet again, after L.Joe’s notice.

“We’ll be going in around half an hour’s time. Chief only thinks that Teentop is meeting him so he doesn’t know your presence. Just follow quietly behind LJoe, C.A.P and I.” instructed Changjo.

“Gongchan, you going in too?” L.Joe asked.

“Nah, I’m fine here. I’ll be supporting Hyung from here, in my heart.” Gongchan glanced at Baro and mouthed ‘Fighting!’. Gongchan might get very nervous and will only make things worse if he went so they decided to send Baro alone.

Thirty minutes passed by so quick, and it was time. Baro followed behind the three who headed for the familiar, black door. After walking through a few short passage ways, they were met with a door. Before they entered, Changjo patted Baro’s back, saying, “Good luck!”

Baro took deep breaths to calm his nerves and kept on replaying the scene he had imagined in his mind.

At the same time, Boram Unni and you were on your way to Appa’s room. You had something to say to Appa. You knocked on his room’s door a few times. The door finally opened but you were not welcomed by Appa. Instead, it was one of his men.

“Chief is having a private meeting with Teentop wight now, so you can only see him later.” he said.

“Ouh, okay. Please tell him that Boram Unni and I are waiting in the living room. Thank you.” I replied.

The door close shut and Unni decided to watch some shows while waiting.

“I guess Changjo must be inside then.” You thought to yourself as you grabbed a snack in the kitchen to munch on during the wait. What you didn’t know was that your friend, Baro, was inside the room as well.

--Inside Chief’s room.--

C.A.P gave his compiled reports to the Chief, keeping it concise and precise. Your father just nodded in agreement, saying only a few words or so. He still hasn’t noticed Baro’s presence. As C.A.P’s report came to an end, Changjo made his move as planned.

“Chief, I brought someone here today, who needs to talk to you.” Changjo spoke. He stepped back, revealing a nervous Baro.

Your father looked up to him and frowned without uttering a word.

“Ann... Annyeonghaseyo ~~~~’s father. My name is Changjo and I’m one of ~~~~’s senior in her school. “ Baro finally spoke after a little push by L.Joe on his shoulders.

“You know the rules. No strangers are allowed here. I have no time for your petty requests.” The Chief marked his words and eyed his men. They approached Baro. Changjo closed his eyes, just hoping that Baro was actually prepared for this.

Baro held up his hands and stepped forward. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Everything went blank in Baro’s head. He was prepared but it’s all gone now. He can’t remember whatever he wanted to say beforehand. Baro glanced back at Changjo and realized there was no turning back. Baro’s in trouble and it’s now all up to him to make things right. Baro looked into the Chief’s clear eyes and gulped.
 


Hey guys! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!~ I’m super happy because I achieved my target for this fanfic! 25 subscribers was initially my aim when I first started and I achieved it! It’s 26 now! :D WHOOHOO! I LOVE YOU! Ok, I lied. I don’t know you guys too well to love you but still, I LIKE YOU READERS! :)

Thank you so much for subscribing and reading the story! I think I’m being too long-winded so I hope I can be more straightforward in my writing for the next few chapters!  May you have a blessed year ahead. See you guys soon!