Let's talk

내가 누구 냐고? Who am I?

Previously,

As Gongchan and I were strolling down the street, Gongchan went near me and whispered in my ear, “Hyung, I think we are being followed.”



No one’s POV:

Even at the unexpected notice, Baro kept his cool and did not show any hint of surprise. Like a natural, Baro acted like he was talking to Gongchan and started to walk backwards casually to steal a glance. Luckily, one was caught while trying to hide behind a bush. The stalker was very quick to squat down behind a bush as soon as Baro turned, but not quick enough to escape Baro’s sharp eyes.

“Caught you!” Baro smirked and continued whispering the plan he had in mind to Gongchan. Gongchan nodded in consent of the plan. Both of them walked at their normal pace to the end of the street and swiftly hide behind a huge rubbish bin. As expected, two guys whose identities still unknown, ended up in the middle of the road junction, looking right and left, frantically searching for their targets. While they were discussing or rather, busy blaming each for losing their targets, Baro and Gongchan went up to them.

“Ehem. Look who we have here. Busy finding the both of us?” Baro intruded their conversation.

“Wait up! You guys are from Teentop right? Why in the world are you following us?!” Gongchan asked, surprised at the unforeseen encounter he is in.

“So, I see that stalking me has become your new hobby. Care to explain?” mused Baro.

“Haha. Stalk you? You’re getting on my nerves, you know that? Shouldn’t have stopped Changjo the last time. You deserved it!” L.Joe snapped, unable to calm his nerves at that moment. Fortunately, Changjo was able to keep his cool this time round and stopped L.Joe from going any further. Changjo stepped forward, just an inch away from Baro.

“Firstly, I do not find any pleasure whatsoever in stalking you. Secondly, I don’t really like you. Thirdly, we just wanted to talk with the both of you. We just adopted... umm... an unusual way of approach.” Changjo uttered frankly.

Baro lifted his eyebrow, thinking through what Changjo has just said. Gongchan, on the other hand, has seeped into his own little world, full of unanswered questions. The bored and curious L.Joe seeing Gongchan stoning, approached him and waved his hand in front of his face but was ignored.

“Well, I’m sorry for not being likeable to you but it’s just too bad for you since you have to withstand being with me. Like you said, let’s talk. I have something to ask you about as well,” replied Baro.

“Not here though.” Changjo said and started walking away. Baro got his cue and just followed Changjo’s lead behind L.Joe after dragging Gongchan along.

To Baro’s surprise, they were back at your house but instead of the usual front porch, they were standing at the back of the house. Changjo punched in a few buttons systematically on the device planted at the garage’s back door before it opened for them to enter. It was a normal garage, with a few racks of stored items plus some storage boxes. There was a small lounge at the corner, and Baro was about to head to the lounge but was stopped by L.Joe. In seconds, they were underground, at the garage’s basement.

It was no garage. It was a dorm. And, they weren’t alone. In front of them, the rest of Teentop were busy doing their own things. The wall was decorated with splashes of bright colours in the form of graffiti, except for the small kitchen near the small entrance. There were three doors inside. One was slightly ajar, showing a glimpse of an aqua blue toilet. One was plastered with stickers all over, while the other one was coated fully in sleek black, giving off a mysterious vibe.

C.A.P was on the computer desktop, wearing headphones. Chunji and Niel were on the couch snacking with their eyes glued to the television. At the same time, Ricky was dribbling a basketball and shooting into a hoop plastered to the wall in the corner. Changjo strutted and stood in front of the television.

“YAH! Go away! You’re such a spoiler.” Niel shouted.

“Where’s Byunghun? Don’t tell me he slacked off again.” Chunji straightened up and looked around. He froze when he saw L.Joe, a.k.a. Byunghun, glaring at him with two other unexpected guests.

“What are they doing here?” Chunji inquired.

“I invited them here. We need to talk and so, if you would, please just get out of here.”

“As you please, Changjo. The youngest and such an exemplary character. So good to your hyungs, aren’t you? Stand in front of the TV, then kick us out from the living room. I swear...” Niel nagged on and on. He was finally cut off when Chunji managed to get him into the bedroom behind the plastered door.

“Ricky, you too.” Ricky got aware of the situation, and walked to the other corner with a bunk bed and pulled a curtain across, closing off that small area.

Changjo gestured to Baro and Gongchan to take a seat, and they follow suit. L.Joe sat down beside Changjo. Gongchan scanned the place as he sat down and once again, he seeped into the background, being the silent audience, trying to comprehend everything.

“Nice place you have down here.” Baro started with a compliment but Changjo just shrugged it off. It was nice of course. But having to live so near to someone he cares whom he can’t even talk to wasn’t very nice at all.

“So... I guess I will start with my question. It’s just a hunch I had. Are you ~~~~’s first friend?” asked Baro. Changjo was stumped by the question directed to him.

“How’d you know that? Don’t tell me...” Changjo responded.

“So it’s true then. ~~~~ had told me everything about her. Her family. Her first friend whom she dearly missed. However, it still points to one thing. It seems that she is clueless on the true story behind her father’s doings. You care to fill me in on that part?” Baro said.

“Wow, so she finally gets to trust someone again.” L.Joe commented, which caused the similar guilty feeling to surface again inside of Changjo. Changjo knew that it was all his fault for being such a coward, and failing his friendship with you. Nothing will change that. Changjo looked at Baro. Seeing how he is very interested in knowing both sides of the story, he knows that Baro will be capable of being your friend no matter what the circumstances are. And so, Changjo decided to put his trust in Baro. Baro is still not in Changjo’s good books but he’s doing it for your sake. He don’t want you to lose another friend you have made after so long.

“This will be the first for me to disclose any of what I’m going to say to an outsider. So, please don’t make me regret this,” Changjo started. Baro and Gongchan leaned in, with their ears perked up, ready to accept and process any information heard.

“Teentop and Chief, or rather ~~~~’s father, go a long way back. He took us in when we were still very young, and that was how we met. We were trained as we were instructed to work for the Chief in the future. Five years ago, ~~~~ and I became friends after meeting her a lot of times until ,we received our assignments. The six of us were put in charge for the safety of Chief’s four children. The catch is to execute our jobs without their knowledge as it may harm the Chief’s family by Chief’s enemies. I couldn’t back out even if I wanted to, because I made a vow. The chief brought me up and I was in no position to defy his orders. As much as I didn’t want to let ~~~~ go, I did so in the end.” Changjo told his side of the story and hung his head low.

There was a moment of silence in the room, besides the rhythmic thumping sound made by C.A.P’s feet at the far end. Gongchan and Baro were busy trying to digest whatever they just heard.
“So, do you know what ~~~~’ father is really doing? Like, what’s his arena of business?” Gongchan’s question broke the silence.

“After all these years, we don’t really have an idea. The information we receive is very limited. We are only expected to just focus on our respective assignments. C.A.P hyung however, was sent off to a special mission before. He reached home with injuries all over but he did not spill anything.”

“That’s suspicious right there. But, isn’t it too harsh to live without any friends?” Gongchan pitied you who was so afraid to make friends.

“No. They actually can have friends. It is just whether they are up for it or not. Hyunseung, the oldest brother, do have two close friends but he kept everything about his family hidden from them.” L.Joe answered.

“It’s all because of me that ~~~~ doesn’t dare to make any friends. Before she met you that is.” Changjo muttered softly.

“But now, the story changed. ~~~~ told you everything. And you are no nobody. You guys are B1A4! People know you guys. And that’s why we have to make a decision.” L.Joe spoked.

“Sigh. I don’t know why ~~~~ has to befriend you guys out of all the other people out there. You’ve come too far to back away don’t you think? You better have some plan to overcome this if you really want to stay friends with ~~~~. If not, we have no choice but to report to Chief about your knowledge about this.” Changjo explained.

“And what will happen if the Chief knows?” Baro asked.

“Many things can happen. He might do something to the five of you. He does has his enemies but I know his allies are just as much. But, for sure, we will definitely have to move somewhere else.” Changjo calmly answered.

“Well, that’s not going to happen because I have a plan. There’s definitely a way for ~~~~ to stop pretending in school to be strangers with us, B1A4.”

Gongchan stared at Baro wide-eyed. He was surprised and intrigued by Baro’s words.

“And what exactly is that plan of yours?” asked Changjo.

“I need you to let me see your Chief, or rather, ~~~~’s father.” Baro spoke.

The other three sitting down, stared in shock, astounded by Baro’s idea which they still could not understand its purpose.


Annyeong, readers! Hope you had a good holiday over Christmas! :D School's starting! OMG! :O

And, I'm not done with all my homework >.< Yeah, i'm the last-minute kind of people. Can't get rid of that habit!

But, still, to all who's busy doing their assignments, wish you the best of luck! HAHAHA! HWAITIIING!~

See you guys soon and hopefully by then, I can at least be 1/4 done.