Chapter 4: Demons are... nice?

War of Love

Wahhhh it makes me so Happy whenever I see the number of views going up!! 

WOODS

Hyunji ran into the woods as tears streamed down her face. Usually she would be scared to even be near the woods, but she did not care. It broke her heart how she had to be separated from her family. It broke her heart how Myunghee stabbed her in the back. After running she tripped and she continued crying softly. She stopped and wipe her eyes, “I shouldn’t be crying… but I don’t even know how to pass the woods, how do I know which direction to go to find another city?”

Then came the police sirens. Hyunji saw the police cars coming closer to the woods. Hyunji sat up to run, but she bumped into someone…

 

Baekhyun’s POV:

“…report back to me the status of the vampires and werewolves in three days.”

I teleported to a random location above… I see I teleported to the woods. Perfect for my mission. There came the faint sound of fast footsteps. I hid behind a tree. The figure stumbled and started weeping. Curiously I peered to see it was a young maiden crying. Very unfitted place for weeping. I stepped forward to interrogate her, but mostly to see what she was running from. It’s dangerous for a human to be here, or maybe she isn’t human?  I saw her eyes. Then some alien resonance started blaring through the woods—a sound I never heard before, kind of like a siren…(police sirens XP) What sorcery is this?

 It’s been a long time since I came up on Earth.

The young girl got up and started running towards me and bumped into me. My stature was steady considering I was stronger than her. I just watched her fall and look up at me.

Normal POV:

“Please, help me!” she shouted pleadingly. It surprised Baekhyun not that she was asking help from a stranger nevertheless the most powerful demon of the Underground, but that her beauty caught his attention. As demons are supposedly heartless, it was rare for them to fall in love. Of course Baekhyun didn’t fall in love with her at first sight though, he was only interested…

Baekhyun just stared down at her and looked ahead to see flashlights scanning the woods and the weak sound of commotion. He looked back at her pleading face.

Baekhyun seemed unfazed, but on the inside he was having a war with his brain. Should I help her? But she’s a mere human and I have a mission to carry.  But then again she seems in trouble..

Baekhyun pulled her into his arms as Hyunji stood there wide eyes and confused. He then hovered up a tree and landed on a branch. Hyunji eyes grew bigger if it was even possible because she just found out Baekhyun was not a human. She was about to scream, but Baekhyun covered in time as two police officers were right below them.. They were searching with their flashlights.

“Where is that vampire?”

“Are we even sure she came here?”

“Well if she’s a monster where else would she go?” he wacked the younger cop’s head for his stupidity.

“Hey, how do we even know if it really is her?” the younger one said.

“That girl’s sister said so herself.”

Hyunji was trying to release Baekhyun’s grip. She did not want to be held by a monster.

“How could we believe her though, I mean what sister would throw her own sibling under the bus?” the young cop wondered.

“Hey, even IF we do find out later that the vampire wasn’t her, it wouldn’t matter because what people need is something or someone to put the blame on. People need this to calm down and feel safe.” The older one sighed.

“What about the others that were also there to see at the music buliding? What if wasn’t really her?”

“They’d probably keep their mouths shut because they either don’t want any more chaos or they themselves are in denial that the vampire is still roaming. They want to believe that the vampire is caught and gone.” The older one sighed, “It’s a scary world out there.”

“Whatever, but this is too creepy let’s leave. She’s long gone anyways, she won’t dare come back.”

“Are you stupid-“

Hyunji struggled to get away from Baekhyun and a small branch fell down right on the cops’ heads. The cops froze and before they looked up Baekhyun jumped down. His eyes changed to a gold color and his demon features started showing. His horns grew as he started growing claws.

The officers screamed and ran away.

In the back, there was Hyunji climbing down the tree and trying to run away. Baekhyun used his demon force to drag her back to him He flipped her over upside-down with his powers, so she was hanging by one foot. She whimpered and shut her eyes tightly.

“So you’re a vampire” he said.

“No , I’m not! I’m human!”

Baekhyun brought her closer to smell her. Demons have good sense of smell, but not as well as vampires or werewolves. He let her go.

“Then why is a mere human being in this part of the land?” he questioned her.

 

“It’s a long story… wait” she shivered again. “Wh-what are y-you? How did you float?” she already knew the answer, but was too afraid to believe in it.

“I am a demon, servant of Lord Lucifer.” He stated.

“P-please spare my life” Hyunji shook.

“I am not here to involve myself with humans; I have other obligations to carry.” Baekhyun said as he was about to leave Hyunji grabbed him. Baekhyun paused. He turned around.

 

“Th… Thank you so much for helping me…” Hyunji looked down. “I guess you guys aren’t like the monsters my people talk about back at town"

"This is the only time I did this, I normally don't help low humans. I don't like to get caught up in their mess and troubles" he said coldly as he turned to leave.

".....may I know your name?” Hyunji still said with appreciation.

He looked at her “…Baekhyun” he then disappeared.

And like that he was gone with Hyunji being alone. Hyunji was already too tired and sleepy from the sudden turn of events that happened in that one day. She was lost and too delusional from the lack of energy that she laid beside a tree and drifted to sleep. A few hours won’t hurt..

______

Yaaaaaassss Baekhyun is finally here~ Hope you guys liked this. ^^ Comment & Subscribe