Chapter 12: Heal Me...

War of Love

MIA-shi here~ Alright, this chapter is a bit shorter than others.

Yeah as you can see the title, this chapter is gonna be a bit different from others.

______

 

Jungkook sat in his room looking out the window again. It was raining.

Knock Knock Knock

The door to his room creaked as Hyunji’s head peeked out.

“Hey…”

“…Hey,” Jungkook looked at her then away.

“Can I come in?” Hyunji smiled.

“Sure.”

Hyunji walked in with a tray of tea, “You okay?” The door was left opened.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why do you ask?” Jungkook said acting like he was fine.

“I mean you seemed pretty upset back there…” Hyunji sat next to him, “Here I brought you some tea.”

“Thanks… It’s nothing big… I don’t know why I acted that why…” Jungkook seemed regretful of how he stormed off back then.

“It’s okay… Jimin told me…” Hyunji said with understanding.

 

Jungkook looked at her then avoided eye contact. He laughed a little, “I must seem immature to you, acting like a spoiled kid... It wasn’t even Baekhyun’s fault and here I go hating on anything and everything from the Underworld…I directed my hatred towards the wrong person…”

Jungkook looked so different. He wasn’t the usual happy-go-lucky Jungkook that Hyunji knew.

He seemed… so broken

 

“…You know… It totally makes sense to be mad or upset,” Hyunji started saying. The words just flowed out of as she thought about how she left her family.

“When we humans lose something or someone, it is normal for us to feel sadness, agony, and sometimes even anger. And sometimes, some of those people feel that pain everyday…” Hyunji was referring that to Jungkook. Hyunji finally understood that Jungkook has always hid his pain behind broken smiles and laughter…

He’s been suffering on the inside all his life…

Hyunji looked at him as Jungkook lifted his eyes to her.

 

“It was my fault…”

Hyunji just looked at Jungkook.

“I was next to my mom when Lucifer attacked her… I could’ve protected her… But instead she protected me…I was so dumb and weak to realize…” Jungkook eyes looked pained. “Why didn’t I protect her, why was I so weak?”

“Jungkook…” Hyunji saw him in agony. Her heart wrenched seeing him in this broken state.

Hyunji held his hand,

“Jungkook…. I may not know your pain entirely, and I may not know your mother, but I definitely know that she would have not wanted you in this state. If she was here, she would want you smiling and being happy. Not sad...You loved her and she loved you. I think that she would be happy that she protected the one she loved...

So please… please smile from your heart. I’m here for you… So is your father, your step-mother, and friends…” Hyunji pleaded.

 

At that moment, Jungkook looked as he has been freed. Slowly his walls were breaking down, opening up to her. His face that showed suffering now at peace… as if a thorn in his heart was finally pulled out...

 

Jungkook slumped his shoulders as he put his head down.

His shoulders slightly shook as he kept looking down… Drops of water hit the floor

Hyunji held his shoulders and next thing her eyes widened.

Jungkook pulled her into a hug.

 

No… it wasn’t a romantic hug. It was a hug that meant he needed somebody…anybody next to him.

“…Jungkook,” Hyunji hesitated as she held his shoulders to pull away from him.

Jungkook hugged her tighter making her chin rest on his shoulder

“Don’t look at me right now…” Jungkook’s voice rasped, “Just… just stay like this for a moment… please…”

Hyunji felt her droplets of tears on her shoulder. As he tried to conceal that he was crying.

Hyunji relaxed and patted his back…

 

 

In the back of the room towards Jungkook’s open door, there peeking out the door was a shocked Yoongi.

He had toast in his mouth as his jaws hung and the toast hit the floor… His eyes widened and he hid against the wall outside Jungkook’s room.

His eyes looked as if it would pop out of its sockets.

 

“What the hell did I just see?”

______

Oh nooooooes! Jungkook baby dont cry!! T^T

I know this chapter had more tears than romance, sry DX

but this is just so touching... 

 

Comment | Review | Subscribe~