Chapter 20: Blood

War of Love

I HAVEN"T UPDATED THIS STORY FOR A WHILE. 

Im sorry if some of you were waiting, bu tthank you for being so patient. It's been Exams week so... yeah.

 

 XP

Theres gonna be a lot of Jungkook starting this chapter~

ENJoy!!

______

Baekhyun held her to be steady and realized his lips chastely on hers. By this point, Hyunji could’ve been fainting. I mean a hot vampire and demon just kissed her all in the same day, who wouldn’t faint?

Baekhyun couldn’t comprehend this foreign feeling as a burst of joy surged in him.

 

Hoseok saw the snitches behind the other side of the field in the bushes snickering. Those little devils!  Hoseok jumped up pointing at EXO-K, “HEY! You’re ruining MY PLAN!”

Baekhyun broke from the kiss as he felt somehow warmer on his face… Jungkook’s eyes furrowed at Baekhyun.

“WHAT?! You started it!” Kai yelled from the other side, also revealing himself as Kyungsoo facepalmed.

“Hoseok? Yoongi?” Jungkook then turned his glare from Baekhyun to his teammates. Those two were gonna get it after this… Yoongi gulped regretting of ever listening to the babo next to him. Hoseok sweat-dropped, “Hehe… Hi.”

Baekhyun just stared at Hyunji then looked at the rose he had in his hand.

 

Flashback

“The way to win a girls heart,” Suho was telling his ultimate secret to the group as Baekhyun in the back was unconsciously eavesdropping, “Give them a present. Rose or chocolate, whatever, and pull out your most killer smile…” Suho pulled out his smirk as the boys all oohed. Sehun tried it out too, trying to smile his iest smile. Kyungsoo followed along, but only ended up bringing out his creepy grin as Chanyeol scowled at him to stop. Suho added proudly, “All girls fall for this, it never fails.”

Flashback end

 

Baekhyun stood there looking at Hyunji who was still in a daze. Hyunji snapped out of it when a beautiful single rose popped up in her face. It was simple but beautiful; a deep blood red rose that looked radiant against the pale moonlight. Baekhyun smiled naturally for the first time in forever. Hyunji thought she was dreaming as his smile looked too stunning compared to his usual stoic stern face. He should smile more…

Hyunji was frozen as his rose just stayed there in the same position, “…Do you not like it?” Baekhyun was confused to why wasn’t accepting it. Were the calculations wrong? Is the rose was too plain? Or maybe I should have practiced smiling more…

Hyunji shook her head, “No! I really like it, thank you…” She smiled as this was another kind action Baekhyun has done for her.

Jungkook unconsciously clenched his fist… Why do I feel angry?

 

“What’s the ruckus?” Jin popped out of nowhere with Jimin, “I heard Hoseok shrieking.”

Hoseok eyes lit up as he saw Jimin, “Jimin-ah~” He literally hung on to him like a koala as Jimin sweat-dropped.

Jin narrowed his eyes at the demons who roamed their garden, “You guys can’t come here ever again…Leave.”

“Woah, chill. What do you mean we can’t come here all of a sudden?” Chanyeol was confused. Although they weren’t on good terms, usually they wouldm’t kick them out like that.

“Did Lucifer not tell you?” Jimin sternly said.

“What?” Kai said carefully.

The atmosphere was heavy as the vampires’ eyes darkened.

“We’re at war right now…” Namjoon said as he arrived behind Jin and Jimin.

 

There was silence as the demons took the time to let the news sink in. Demons were used to war and weren’t affected by the term 'war', but the group was more worried of Baekhyun. Baekhyun who’s most likely going to be in charge of leading the war, will have to go against the vampires where Hyunji is receding in…

Baekhyun straightened, “…Alright, let’s go.” Baekhyun kept a poker-face as he faced his team. His group looked worryingly at him, but nevertheless obeyed as they disappeared into the night.

Namjoon dismissed everyone and told them to get shut eye to go to the Mermaid kingdom the next day. Hyunji kept the rose in her hand solemnly as she didn’t like the idea of war against her two best friends. Jungkook looked at the rose in her hand and slightly pouted.

______

The next day BTS ang Hyunji traveled to the Mermaid kingdom and easily made alliances as SNSD begged their dad to accept the contract. Of course they did it for their prince Jungkook~

“Well, I think that’s all the kingdoms we have visited so far…” Namjoon said worried that it might not be enough to face the almighty Lucifer.

Hoseok then smiled.

Light Bulb.

“Hey guys…. What about Red Velvet?” Hoseok suggested

“The Five Witches?” Taehyung asked while he was clinging onto Hyunji.

“Yeah!” Secretly, Hoseok was a huge fan of them.

“But they’re not even a kingdom…” Yoongji said.

“Yeah, but they’re strong…” Jungkook agreed the more he thought about it.

 

Namjoon sighed as there was no reason not to ask them. They needed all the help they could get, “Alright, we should head out now then. The Witches Hut is a long journey…”

 

______

Namjoon wasn’t kidding when he said it was a long journey… Hours of sprinting and they still weren’t there. We can’t use Taehyung’s teleport as he can’t teleport to far places… Hyunji was starting to get droopy eyes as it was already past midnight; she tried hard not to look sleepy. Of course BTS caught on to this.

 

“Okay guys let’s stop here to rest, Hyunj looks tired,” Jungkook stopped as they all stopped.

Hyunji insisted, “We should go more, I’m not tired.”

Jungkook chuckled, “Your eyes don’t say that, besides we haven’t had a rest in a while.” He sat down on a log as Namjoon put his bag down and lit up a fire for BTS to stay warm… well mostly for Hyunji as vampires can withstand cold temperature.

Taehyung cutely pulled out a little blanket for Hyunji who sat next to Jungkook and wrapped it around her cozily. Hyunji thanked him and smiled. BTS all fell asleep on the log next to the fire. Hoseok cuddling next to a sleeping Jimin, although Jimin kept pushing him off. Yoongi in his cozy corner. Everyone was asleep except Jungkook and Hyunji...

Hyunji was sleepy but for some reason wasn’t able to fall asleep.

 

Jungkook, however, was having a war in himself. It’s been months since he drank blood and Hyunji sitting inches away from him wasn’t helping his urges.

Why now?!

Jungkook closed his eyes to calm down but couldn’t help it as Hyunji’s sweet scent was too strong that it intoxicated him. Hyunji’s blood smelled more tempting than any other blood he has smelled. Jungkook was sure enough his eyes were crimson red by now. Hyunji sensed Jungkook's uneven breathing as she looked up at him to meet his red eyes. Jungkook froze and saw her bare neck as he looked away.

“Jungkook? Are you okay?” Hyunji was worried.

“…Yeah, just go to sleep. I’m fine,” Jungkook said in his calmest voice.

Hyunji knew what was happening as she turned him to face her, “Should I tell Namjoon?”

“No. It’s okay, it’ll go away soon,” Jungkook strained.

He was not okay.

“But…” Hyunji locked eyes with him as he looked beautiful in his red eyes. It looked natural on him.

Jungkook couldn’t help it as he leaned closer and closer to her. Hyunji didn’t know what to do. She wasn’t sure if she was in her right mind as she stood still. His breathing was right at her neck as Hyunji then felt his tongue slide across her collarbone. She closed her eyes shut as she waited for the pain in her neck.

I must be crazy for letting him do this…

 

But there was no pain as she opened her eyes to Jungkook kissing her softly. Jungkook broke the kiss as his red eyes were gone and his breathing returned normal. Jungkook looked down as if what he did was forbidden, “…Good night. You should get some rest.”

Jungkook was blushing when he turned away. He doesn’t know what was happening with him. Why am I like this?

Hyunji was surprised as she felt her lips. She was too exhausted to think anymore as she couldn't help but fall asleep…

______

DONE, kay on to the next one~

Just HAD TO add this XP