Chapter 21: Red Velvet

War of Love

Next chapter~

ENJoy!!

______

Hyunji opened her sleepy eyes to a bright light…

Is it morning?

She then saw a bright figure with white wings. He was a handsome boy who had an angelic smile.

An angel? A-am I in heaven?

“What are you doing here?” Namjoon’s voice boomed.

The angel spoke, “I’m Luhan. The heavens heard of Satan’s plan, and we are here to take Serenity’s daughter to safety.”

“We appreciate the help, but Hyunji’s with us, “ Yoongi yawned.

 

Hyunji was puzzled. Serenity?

“We cannot trust Vampires. Our job is to keep peace on Earth, now hand her over. Please.” Despite his innocent look, Luhan was very stern.

Hyunji didn’t understand what was going on, but she was not leaving her friends, “Um Hi, I’m Hyunji..” Luhan looked at her now as she got nervous under his deep stare, “I don’t know what’s happening, but if it’s about where I’m staying, I would like to stay with my friends.”

Taehyung smiled and stuck his tongue out at Luhan, “Ha! In your face~”

Luhan sighed, “Well, I cannot force you…” BTS sighed in relief, “BUT I will tag along because I need to keep her safe.”

Namjoon heaved a sigh, “FINE.”

The rest of the journey was awkward as this unknown angel was following them in the back...

 

 

Finally they reached Red Velvet’s lair.

It was a huge hut in a gigantic tree and you could see puffs of colorful smokes out of the chimney.

 

“Who goes there!” a loud but girly voice shouted. Behind them was a girl with a blue cloak.

“We are here to make an alliance…”Jin said.

“We witches don’t make alliances, now leave!” she said crossing her arms.

“Wendy, it’s okay.” A pink cloaked girl came out.

“…Irene.”

Irene looked at the group skeptically, “…Come in.”

The group followed the two witches into their hut.

“Joy! Yeri! Seulgi! Come here!” Wendy shouted as three other witches of different color came out.

“Who are they?” The green one said.

“We’re BTS, this is Hyunji, and this is…Luhan.” Jin said awkwardly as he didn’t know why he was introducing a stranger to another stranger.

“…I see… And why did you guys come to us for an alliance?” Irene said.

“Alliance?” Seulgi questioned.

Namjoon explained the whole situation of Lucifer’s plan.

Joy looked at Hyunji and gasped. She saw a vision.

“What do you see?” Irene questioned her.

“She’s… a goddess.”

The witches froze as they recognized her face. Red Velvet was very close to Serenity as they were friends. They now realized the resemblance.

“Serenity’s daughter…” Yeri gasped.

 

Hyunj stood there shocked, “…A goddess”

Jungkook thought that he should’ve sent her outside, but she was going to find out sooner or later…

______

It’s been an hour already as BTS and Luhan were inside with Red Velvet discussing plans while Hyunji was outside still in shock.

Jungkook left the hut to check on Hyunji who was sitting at the edge of a lake that as next to the hut, “Hey."

Hyunji looked up, “Hey…”

“I know it’s surprising and too much to take in. And we’re sorry we didn’t tell you sooner; we just wanted to find the right time…”

 

“It’s ok…It’s just so unreal…I finally know who I really am. I know my mother too…”

Jungkook sat next to her as Hyunji continued, ”…I just miss my family right now…” She realized that she hasn’t had time to think about her family for awhile because of all the things that were happening.

Jungkook thought of an idea. He always had an idea whenever Hyunji was down.

“Do you want to see them?” Hyunji looked at him.

______

“Well we’ll be leaving, Thank you” Namjoon said.

“No problem, if it’s for Serenity’s daughter, we would do anything.” Red Velvet smiled as BTS was walking out.

“Hey where’s Hyunj and Jungkook?” Jimin asked.

They then saw a small note on the floor

 

Gonna take Hyunji somewhere real quick. Meet you guys back at the castle. PEACE

 

 

 

They finally arrived back to her home town as Hyunji smiled. The first thing she wanted to do was see her family. She tried to run to her house but Jungkook stopped her. “We need to be more discreet, remember?” They went through a pathway so no one could see them as they finally arrived at her backyard. Hyunji was about to knock on the back door but she just stood there…

It’s been so long as she felt so many emotions. Happiness, excitement, and fear… She decided to knock. She heard noises on the other side as she started straightening up.

The door opened to reveal the person who was the cause of all these turn of events…

Her Sister…

“Myunghee! Who is it?” A woman’s voice called.

Mom? Hyunji felt like crying already.

“…Hyunji,” Myunghee muttered.

“What…Hyunji?” Hyunji saw her mother who came up to the door in disbelief.

Her father also joining, “IT IS HYUNJI!” Her father and mother rejoiced as they hugged her like no tomorrow. Myunghee was in the back speechless.

Jungkook looked at Myunghee recognizing her and remembered  of what Hyunji said. What scared him was that Myunghee didn’t just look shocked, she looked really unhappy, almost mad as she wore a deep frown…

 

Hyunji’s father was crying tears of joy, “How did you come back? Never mind that! Come in—“ he saw Jungkook and froze. “...And who’s this?”

Everyone’s focus went to Jungkook. Myunghee in the back was surprised as the man she was dreaming of the whole time after Hyunji left, was right in front of her.

Jungkook cleared his throat, “I am her boyfriend.”

Hyunji’s eye’s popped out, so did everyone else’s. Jungkook had to lie. It’s not like he could just tell them, ‘I’m Jungkook, Prince of Vampires. And your daughter happens to be a supreme goddess that was lost hundreds of years ago!” :D Yeah… totally.

“Hyunji?” her father looked at her.

Hyunji laughed, “..ahahaha… Yeah! We met in… ummmm Seoul!”

“…Oh” Her dad said.

Nevertheless he invited them in to eat.

 

It was too awkward… except for the parents as they were busy preparing.

Hyunji just smiled happy to be home. Myunghee was looking back and forth from Jungkook to Hyunji. Hyunji to Jungkook… Jungkook felt uncomfortable. Myunghee knew that Jungkook was a vampire and he was afraid she might blurt it out…

They finally ate as her dad blabbed on about Hyunji moving back in…

“Dad…”Hyunji started, “…I can’t stay…”

Her parents froze, “What?”

“I…” she didn’t know what to say.

Now it was Jungkkok’s turn to talk, “Um… we decided to move in together.” Jungkook once again lied. But it can’t be helped.

Her parents froze… “I see…”

Hyunji looked at them in surprise that they took it so calmly, “You do?” Her parents knew that Hyunji was born to be a free person and saw this coming.

Jungkook stood up as it was time to go, “I’m sorry, but we need to head out now.”

It was too soon for Hyunji as her family stood up too. Hyunji hugged her parents one last time as she then faced Myunghee. She moved in for a hug, but Myunghee looked away... Hyunji smiled and decided it was time to leave. Jungkook and Hyunji left the house. Unbeknownst Myunghee left the house too…

 

Hyunji felt a fever coming as all this shock has got to her. Jungkook felt her forehead as it was burning. He decided that they need to go to a convenience store. As Hyunji waited outside on the bench in the night, Jungkook bought some cold medicine and came out of the store. It was already dark.

“Here,” he handed her the medicine. Hyunji accepted it and drank it.

He sat next to her as he sighed breathing in the cold air. Hyunji was still sad that she had to leave her family so soon. It also hurt her when her sister rejected the hug…

The radio outside the convenience store softly sounded as a song came on...

You are so beautiful to meee~

You are so beautiful to meee~
Can't you see


The song was faint. Jungkook then started singing along making Hyunji look at him.


You are so beautiful
To me~

His voice was so smooth and melting as Hyunji just stared.

You are so beautiful
To me
You are so beautiful
To me

Jungkook looked at Hyunji and sang more exaggeratingly making her laugh at his playfulness and he joined her laughter.

“You’re so childish” Hyunji smiled.

“I know,” Jungkook smiled looking forward.

 

Then they heard footsteps. They saw Myunghee…

“Myunghee?” Hyunji stood up.

“I know he’s a vampire…” she looked at Jungkook, “and I know you guys aren’t really together.”

Jungkook kept his guard up.

“Myunghee now’s not the time. I can’t tell you yet, but when this is all over I’ll explain. Just please don’t tell mom and dad.”

“Who are you calling mom and dad?,” Hyunji froze as Myunghee just stood there blank-faced, “They’re not your real parents…”

Jungkook thought she was going too far as Hyunji has been through enough. He held Hyunji and hid her in his embrace as he glared at Myunghee.

Myunghee just smirked and walked up to him as he kept his guard up just in case she striked.

Myunghee held Jungkook’s face and kissed him on the lips.

Jungkook’s eyes widened in shock and he pulled away. Hyunji too was surprised.

“Wha?” Jungkook was speechless.

 

“I’ll see you guys again…” Myunghee left back onto the dark night leaving a shocked Jungkook and Hyunji.

 

Myunghee walked towards the empty woods and faced a tree

Lucifer merged on to it, “Did you do it?”

Myunghee smirked, “Of course. Are you sure he’s going to be with me?”

“Yes. That cursed kiss will make Jungkook lose his memories soon and he will be yours. And this will finally get Hyunji on my side,” Lucifer chuckled evilly.

Myunghee too chuckled.

She wanted to take everything away from her sister, including Jungkook.

______

:O

Hyunj finally meets her evil sister again. and OH  NO Jungkook will lose his memories?

To be continued...