Chapter 3: Who's A Vampire?

War of Love

Holy COW!! I got my very first subscriber already!

Thanks ElectricBlu<3 I was so happy I decided to update more!

So for those who read Ch. 1  before Ch. 3 was even uploaded, I changed the ending a little, so it could make sense for this chapter. That's it! Please ENJoy!! 

______

At the dinner table.

“So Hyunji, what did you do today?” dad asked with a big smile.

“Oh nothing much, how was work, dad? Good?” I asked.

 “Oh yes, but that ajuhmma got her cat stuck in a tree again, aigoo!” he shook his head. “Cats hate me though, especially that one. They go like—hiss—hiss- ” he started imitating the cats making all of us laugh.

“And how was your day Myunghee?” mom asked, looking down at me, then to my sister.

“Oh it was nice, as always people marveled at my singing” She raised her nose. “But there was this crazy incident in my classroom!”

Flashback

Myunghee’s POV:

“An octave higher, please Ms. Lee Myunghee,” the instructor said.

Aish this instructor is so demanding. I AM on key!

Suddenly there came a crash. The windows shattered.

“Yah Myunghee, look what you did. You’re voice is too loud it broke the glass” one of the guys said in the back.

“Shut up!” I turned around but then there came a gasp from the class. As I turned around there was a tall figure... A young man.

So handsome... and he’s wearing a suit. He must be wealthy. As I daydreamed of him talking to me, he was searching for something in the room.

“Daebak, did he just crash in through the window?” one guy said.

 

“No way! This is 3 stories high!” another boy exclaimed.

 

The class stayed frozen till one girl screamed.

“It has fangs!!” The whole class screamed.

 

The young man was about to leave, but he looked at me who was standing in front of the classroom. My heart stopped, as I took in his features. Dark hair... Fair skin… Deep chocolate eyes… His eyes were sharp, as if it could look into your soul, but it had a hint of disappointment when he looked at me. Is he looking for someone? Then he vanished.

Flashback end

Normal POV:

“Omo! A vampire? Did you get hurt?!” her mom panicked.

“…” Myunghee was still daydreaming and wishing if she could see him again.

“Did she do anything to you?” her mother asked.

“How are you so sure it’s a female it could be a male! Did he do anything?” Mr. Lee butted in.

“Was it a male or female?” Mrs. Lee added.

“….” *sigh” she was still daydreaming.

“Well, I’m done eating” Hyunji said.

“Oh yes, we should start cleaning it’s getting late,” Mr. Lee said.

“We should’ve had dinner earlier.” Mrs. Lee nagged.

“Oh yeah! Omma! Appa! I have a singing contest tomorrow, so I’ll be leaving early tomorrow. It’s a contest where all people could try!” Myunghee said.

Hyunji froze as she put her dishes in the sink.

“Omma, Appa? May I join?” Hyunji added much to Myunghee’s annoyed look she threw at her.

 

“Why of course, honey?” the dad looked at his wife. Hyunji crossed her fingers as she looked at her mom. “…I guess.” Mrs. Lee saw Hyunji cross her fingers.

 

“Thank you so much!” Hyunji said with joy.

 

Myunghee looked unhappy, “Hmph. It may say anyone could audition, but of course they mean anyone with a GOOD voice should try out.”

“I know! And I hope I do, I’ve been complimented on my singing today!” she said, too happy about being able to sing. She remembered Jungkook who was the one who gave her the compliment and immediately stopped smiling, still stubborn about his rude behavior.

“YOU’VE been complimented? You never talk to people..” Myunghee said.

 

“I see you’ve made a friend?” Mr. Lee said oh so happily.

 

“NO! …he’s just a random person.” Hyunji inserted.

 

“Oh? ‘He’? A boy?” Mr. Lee teased.

Mrs. Lee almost smiled a little, but she hid it with her usual stoic face.

“Hmph,” Myunghee rolled her eyes.

 

“Alright, let’s sleep.” The dad turned off the lights.

 

Midnight

SLAM SLAM SLAM

The whole family woke up and went downstairs.

“What was that?” Myunghee said in fear.

Mr. Lee opened the door to see a sea of people and reporters. They parked their cars on the side of their whole street. The whole town gathered in uproar.

“We want that monster!” they screamed as pictures were being taken.

 

“What do you mean? What monster?” he asked confused, there was flash everywhere, blinding the Lee family.

 

“You know what! That thing you call a daughter!” one of them shouted

 

“Yeah we heard what happened today at the music school; we won’t stand it no longer from these vampire attacks!” another man said.

 

Mr. Lee was utterly confused. “What? No! My daughter was doing laundry and she went to the park at the time. She is not a monster! I will not let you take her away!” He backed and covered Hyunji.

A police officer swam through the crowd to the front of the house to face Mr. Lee, “I’m sorry, but we need to take her to the police station. We can’t guarantee she was at the park or not. C’mon we’re best friends, you can trust me, we’re only going to ask her some questions.”

“How could you? I know what the police department does, I’m not stupid. You guys send them to be tested and locked up!” Mr. Lee sternly said.

 

“…But she’s not your real daughter…” his friend said in front of everyone, although most of them already knew.

 

“…For ten years, I thought you were someone I could trust..” Mr. Lee said with disappointment, “Myunghee! Tell it how it is! You were there! It wasn’t Hyunji was it?” Mr. Lee said confidently.

 

“…”

Everyone looked at her. Cameras faced her. Reporters waited in silence, extending their hands with mics to hear her answer.

 “Well…” she paused. Myunghee had always had a big dislike towards Hyunji; she had fairer skin than her, silkier hair, sang better, and most of all she was the center of her dad’s world. She stole her dad from her…

“… I don’t… remember that well… but I know it was a young girl and she had ... violet eyes…” Myunghee looked down.

Hyunji and Mr. Lee looked at her in disbelief.

Mr.Lee didn’t know what to say and was shocked to hear that.

“Myunghee is this true?” Mrs. Lee said in disbelief.

 

“Everyone get her!” The men tried to come in. But Mr. Lee closed the door before they got in and locked it.

After a moment of silence, Mr. Lee quickly started packing things into a suitcase as the rest just watched. His wife held his shoulder to get his attention,”…Honey.”

Mr. Lee paid no attention and was just packing: clothes, food, and money. Myunghee stood there with her head down with an unreadable expression and Hyunji stood there still shocked and a bit scared of what was happening. Mrs. Lee grabbed his shoulders and faced him to her, “Stop!”

“What are you doing?! Hurry up and pack!” Mr. Lee shouted. This was the first in a while that the family saw him this disoriented and distressed. “…we have to leave.” He went back to packing.

Hyunji walked up to her dad and held his hand with both hands as he looked at her, “Appa… it’s okay. I’ll hide in the woods for a couple of days and try to find the countryside alone.”

 

“No…”

“Yes, if we all go they will also try to hunt the rest of us saying that you guys are on my side. They want me, not you guys. Please, let me go.” Hyunji said with glistened eyes.

Mr. Lee broke down on his knees and sobbed. This city was a corrupted city where fear drove them mad. Once someone is framed or pointed at as a monster, they’re gone. They are sent off to horrible places and never return home. It was best for Hyunji to run away.

“I’ll be fine,” Hyunji choked.

 

“Vampire, or no vampire, you’re still my daughter.” He said.

Hyunji wanted to tell him that she wasn’t a vampire and that what Myunghee said was not true, but she decided not to. Things will get too complicated, and right now a decision was needed to be made fast. Besides, Hyunji thought, I always thought I should stop burdening my family and disappear, so this is a good opportunity for me to leave… but why am I so sad?

Hyunji hugged him as tears rolled down and she smiled, “I will never forget what you have done for me, dad. I love you. I promise, when things die down I’ll visit.”

Then she hugged her mom who looked as if she is almost about to cry—ALMOST. Mrs. Lee tried to hold it in. She was a person who always tried to conceal her emotions. Hyunji whispered to her mom as they embraced, “I know you tried to hate me for the sake of Myunghee, and I understand and I will always love you regardless.” Mrs. Lee then started whimpering quietly and covered as tears streamed down her face, “…I’m so sorry, my daughter.” Hyunji’s eye widened then she started crying again. Her mom never called her by that.

Then she faced Myunghee, “I hope you’ll be happy and continue music school. I’ll miss you” Hyunji smiled and hugged her. Even if she knew her sister always hated her and that she lied on purpose, she still loved Myunghee.

Myunghee just stayed quiet.

“Goodbye,” Hyunji picked up the sack and opened the window on the back of the house. She looked back once more to see if Myunghee actually cared for her or not. Myunghee just stared at her with no emotions; she looked nonchalant. Hyunji then left out the window and disappeared.

______

How could her sister do that to her?! OMG and  her mother wasn't as bad as we thought ;__; 

Sorry again cuz this starting is slow, but NOW things are gonna get a little spiced up, STAY TUNED!!