Chapter 22: Amnesia

War of Love

Soooooooo...

I've been gone for a long time........ yeahh.....

 

Hey guys, I just want to apologize to you guys about not updating for a while now and I especially want to say sorry to those who were waiting for a long time. It really encouraged me when people still asked for an update and complimented my story. Sorry again for not really giving much response or a reason why I was on hiatus. I had a lot of personal issues that were happening since the last chapter and from then on it was really hard for me to find time to continue... BUT now I'm back!! Although I might not update as fast like before, I will definitely keep writing chapters. SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO!!

 

Enjoy!!

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

She wanted to take everything away from her sister, including Jungkook...

 

 

Lucifer’s ghoulish cackle rumbled across the dark room as the demons beside him trembled, his laughter striking fear into them. Baekhyun stood there a few feet from the throne with his usual remote face not daring to look into Lucifer’s eyes.

As if reading reading his mind, the dark orbs that carried a sadistic gleam abruptly landed on the favored demon as his mouth cracked to a smile showing his rows of gruesome fangs.

 

Feigning sympathy, the Devil held his hands together in exasperation, “Poor girl... How devastated she will feel when she learns that her ‘Prince Jungkook’ won't be able to remember her anymore. What shall we do?" He chuckled as his tone dropped, "...Which is why this is a perfect opportunity Baekhyun, you DO know where I am getting at..." Lucifer smirked fully knowing that the demon had feelings for the young girl. "You will bring her to me..."

 

Baekhyun stood there bowed with an emotionless face as EXO-K looked upon their fellow brother in concern...

After they were dismissed Baekhyun immediately walked away with Lucifer smiling sadistically at his  back knowing full well of the distress that was clouding the poor demon’s mind. 

 

 

Baekhyun was heading straight to his room as his shoes tapped across the dark hallway. The walls were a crimson red that gave a vibrant dark feel to it, while the floors were a pure black that looked as if it was a never ending dark-hole. The rest of Exo ran across the hallway and finally caught up with their friend. Chanyeol panted as he looked worried for his best friend, “Yah, Baekhyun…” 

The demon just stopped his tracks his back still facing them not bothering to turn around. The group noticed how his back image seemed somewhat very still and relaxed. Feeling uneasy, Chanyeol glanced at Suho who was also worried. Suho grabbed one of Baekhyun’s shoulder as he turned him around only to be taken back. 

Baekhyun never looked so calm as he simply tilted his head, “What is it?”

Lost in his tracks Suho stuttered as he was only focused on how Baekhyun did not look sad, angry, or even worried, but except he looked like nothing happened, “I—uh—u-umm…Are you..okay?”Suho was so confused that he almost forgot why he was asking this question. The rest of Exo behind were also shocked and confused.

 

“Yes, why wouldn’t I be?” Baekhyun still remained unfazed. 

There was an awkward silence as the rest didn’t know what to say. However, Chanyeol knew different as he could catch the small anxious tone his best friend carried in his words. Frustrated by the awkward silence and the utter bull Baekhyun was pulling, he gripped his hand into a fist, “No, you’re not okay…”

Everyone looked at Chanyeol as someone finally spoke.

“And why would you think that,” Baekhyun muttered.

“Obviously because you love her!” Chanyeol was irritated by his friends naivety.

Baekhyun just looked at him with a long silence, “…I don’t know what you’re talking abou-“

“Bull ! Baekhyun why are acting like this? You like Hyunji and we all know it, why are you denying now?”

Silently sneering at his words, Baekhyun thought Chanyeol’s claim was absurd,

“Denying ‘now’? I never said I loved her… Besides we demons don’t fall in love that easily and freely. At the most I only thought she had a pretty face-“ However Baekhyun couldn’t finish his sentence as the hallway became silent and filled with the sound of impact..

 

Baekhyun held his cheek as he scoffed and spit out the blood that formed in his mouth. Everyone just stared at the two with wide eyes. Chanyeol gripped his fist as his knuckles bled dripping onto the ground.

Baekhyun wiped the blood off his mouth.

“…Why are you so worked up with this? I mean all we have to do is use Hyunji and it’ll be over…,” Baekhyun asked, but deep inside he knew this question was mostly directed to him self…

 

“Baekhyun..I’m just trying to help you… You can’t deny you have feelings for her, and following Lucifer’s plan won’t help you in any way. You’re just afraid after what happened to your parents, but by obeying Lucifer, Hyunji will die for sure…”

“Don’t ever talk about that incident…” Baekhyun turned and continued to walk his room locking his friends out. 

Exo sighed in worry.

“Why is hyung like this? He knows that we’re always on his side no matter what; and by now all our powers have grown over the years. So if we all work together we could overthrow Lucifer, especially with how even Lucifer knows Baekhyun’s power is getting too strong. Win-WIn. No one dies.” Sehun sighed.

Kai elbowed the chatty maknae for his loud mouth, if any of the guards heard this they will be dead meat.

“It’s because he’s afraid…He doesn't want to get hurt anymore, so he decided not to get too bonded with anyone. He just listens to Lucifer believing that it will prevent him from experiencing another loss. He closed his heart ever since…But he’s only gonna get more hurt if he loses Hyunji…” Chanyeol always hoped of the day Baekhyun will break free from his fear and overcome Lucifer's cruel way. The day where Baekhyun will accept that his friends will always be there for him...

 

 

 

Meanwhile at the Vampire Castle...

"Yah yah, BAD news!" Yoongi rushed into the living room out of breath. BTS looked up at the disoriented vampire as they were slouched on the couch watching their favorite TV show. 

"He -hah- memory -hah- can't remember -hah," Yoongi panted in between his words completely failing in creating a coherent sentence as his mind was too jumbled.

"Your not making any sense, slow down," Jin was worried.

 

Yoongi caught his breath,

"...It's Jungkook"

 

The gang immediately stood up as they heard their maknae's name. Wasting no time, they dashed to his room with abnormal speed leaving behind a exhausted Yoongi, “Yah! Wait for me!"

 

Upon the boys’ arrival, they saw Hyunji holding the hands of a very confused Jungkook as he was sitting up in his bed. He has just woken up a few minutes ago.

 

 

--Flashback to the night before-- 

Hyunji and Jungkook were heading back to the castle after the shocking kiss attack Jungkook received from Myunghee. 

 

Jungkook dashed through the woods with Hyunji in his arms. She noticed the exhaustion in his face as he seemed to be struggling, not to mention the sweat that was accumulating on his bangs.

“Hey Jungkook, you okay?" Hyunji felt worried, “I’m not THAT heavy right?”

"Huh? Oh no, my head just kind of hurts," he smiled, brushing it off as if it was nothing.

Eventually convincing him to put her down, they walked together at a comfortable as the castle was near.

Hyunji yawned as the cold medicine from before was getting her drowsy. 

 

THUD

 

Next thing she knew Hyunji saw an unconscious Jungook on the floor, "Jungkook!"

She frantically put her hand on his forehead as his sweating and unsteady breathing made her panic.

It's burning!

 

Hyunji eventually was able to drag Jungkook safely where BTS helped her put him in bed.

--End flashback--

 

 

 

Jungkook turned his head towards the door where he saw his hyungs.

”Oh hyung," a look of relief washed on the boy's face. He then pointed towards a worried Hyunji,

 

"Who is this?"

 

Everyone froze. 

 

Hyunji furrowed her brows, "He's been saying this to me ever since he woke up..."

Yoongi finally caught up as he gasped for air, “SEE -hah- WHAT I TOLD -hah- YOU?” 

 

"What are you talking about Jungkook-ah, thats Hyunji," Jimin hesitated.

"Hyunji? Whose Hyunji, what happened?" Jungkook rubbed his head sighing.

"Stop joking," Hoseok laughed nervously as he thought that Jungkook was trying to pull one of his many pranks. Jungkook always had a bad habit of messing around with his hyungs.

"What are you talking abo-?” 

”Hey Jungkook, its not funn-"

Namjoon cut Jin off as he felt something was up, "Jungkook what is the last thing you remember?"

Jungkook utterly confused, tried to remember what happened “..Well I went to Gyeongju yesterday to see princess Areum because my dad told me to, she wasn't there so I came back home and I fell asleep."

 

Namjoon didn’t clearly understand but he knew something was causing all his memories of just Hyunji to disappear,

"Imma have to talk to King Jeon about this..."

Jin nodded as they both left leaving Hyunji and the rest of BTS with Jungkook.

 

Hyunji looked at Jungkook in concern, "Jungkook...

 

 

000000000

 

Hyunji sat in the garden near the pond, solemnly looking at her mirrored image across the water.  The rest were all in the castle as they tried their best to go about their regular routine ’till they found an answer to Jungkook’s sudden amnesia; the amnesia that caused Hyunji to be a complete total stranger to him. 

 

It’s okay, Hyunji. We’ll figure something out….so you go ahead and rest, we’ll take care of it…  

 

She remembered what Jimin and the others said as it kept ringing in her head. Although they were words meant to comfort her, she couldn’t help but feel shame as it killed her how she can’t do anything to help Jungkook. Flashbacks of all the times Jungkook was there for her kept replaying as her guilt sunk in more by the second. Whenever  she was down, he was there to pick her up— as for herself all she could do is wait and hope…

 

A tear fell down her cheek as she felt useless. Frustrated by her image in the pond, she threw a pebble at her reflection as ripples ringed in the water. Hyunji jumped back as the reflection of a particular demon suddenly appeared in the water.

Hyunji yelped and whipped her head back to see him standing behind her, “Baekhyun…” 

 

Coming here was a struggle for Baekhyun; for the first time in his life, he wanted to disobey Lucifer. 

..It’s because you love her…  

Chanyeol's voice echoed in his head, He'll admit that he might’ve been a bit sidetracked, but to the extent of love? Baekhyun denied it. Love is not possible for a demon and it was definitely not what he was feeling. Or that's what Baekhyun told himself.

 

There stood Baekhyun as he witnessed the lonely tear that was streaming down Hyunji's fair cheek, that was when his composed expression broke. 

Before he knew it, Baekhyun grabbed her arm and strongly pulled her into his arms holding her in an embrace. Hyunji gasped and it felt like time froze.

"Stop crying..." 

Don't cry because of him. Don't think about him. Don't look at him... Only look at me...

Those were the words that spoke in his heart. However his mind told him the opposite.

Baekhyun, you can't possibly hold affection towards this girl. It's impossible. 

 

After what felt like eternity, blushing madly Hyunji slowly looked up at him to see his face. She immediately noticed the bruise on his cheek and she gasped touching his face softly without any second thought.

“What happened??”

Baekhyun just took in the sight of her worried face as she seemed too close to his face, “…It’ll heal in a minute…”

She sighed in relief then realized how his eyes were gold, and his horns protruded, he was in his full demon form. It didn’t surprise her though, what surprised her was the unexplainable look he had in his eyes. It shocked her how the usual stern look, was replaced with a softer one which looked solemn for some reason. His eyes held this intensity that bore right through her. Although he had an appearance of a demon, he had an aura of an angel. He was dangerous yet beautiful…

He held her face with his hand but then quickly he realized what he was doing and pushed her away in the speed of light. 

 

Hyunji felt embarrassed by what happened.

Baekhyun went back to neutral, “I heard what happened…,” his insides churned as the words just flowed out of his mouth, “We could help..” 

Hyunji ears perked up, “Really?”

 

“Just on one condition…”

 

 

________________________________

 

OH NOES! Let's hope Baekhyun finally realizes and accept his affection for Hyunji T^T