Chapter 1: It All Started That Day

War of Love

Hey guys! So as I said in the foreword, I will be adding profiles one by one for important characters throughout the story^^ I will also be updating every week, unless it's exams week, and it could range from one-three chapters a week IDK it depends. ANYWAYS, enjoy this story and PLEASE no plagiarizing at all and if you want to translate ask for my permission. Thank you, ENJoy!!

______

In a world where vampires, demons, angels, and other mythical beings exist, there lived Lee Hyunji in the small city of Gyeongju (It’s a real city, but none of my descriptions of it is real). Lee Hyunji was a normal girl who lived a normal life… Well, at least she called it “normal.” In fact, she was alienated by the people of her town for her unusual looks: dark brown hair, fair skin, and violet eyes. Not everyone is accustomed to seeing violet eyes, therefore many people had spread rumors of how Hyunji could be one of those mythical “monsters” that lurk in the woods. The city Gyeongju was very close to the countryside which meant the woods was right next to them. Everyone forbid from entering the woods for fear that one of the monsters could get them. There were many past victims of vampires, werewolves, witch and demon curses; all of these that caused great terror amongst the city folks.

 

Hyunji was not only alienated by the people, but also her family. Shunned by her family and society, Hyunji grew a shy and quiet life.

 

Why was she shunned by her family?

 

Hyunji was actually adopted after a stormy night a mysterious hooded figure left her at the doorsteps of the Lee family. Mr. Lee decided to take her in with a humble heart despite his wife’s discontent. He was the only family that actually accepted her, at first.

"Honey, we cannot keep that thing, I mean look at those eyes," a woman holding a baby the same age as Hyunji argued.

"And what? Throw her away into the woods for all those monsters to eat?" Mr. Lee countered.

"Yeobo! We have our own daughter to worry about! And what would the neighbors think, raising a monster like her!"

Mr. Lee paused, "Alright then.. If you want to throw her away you do it," he faced the baby to his wife. The baby laughed and cooed as it reached out its arms to her. Mrs. Lee looked away. "..Good, now what should we name her?" he pondered. “Oh, let’s name her Hyunji, virtuous and wisdom. She will bring many wisdom and peace to this small city...” he smiled as baby Hyunji grabbed his hands while laughing.

 

16 years later…

 

“Hyunji! Did you do the laundry?” Hyunji’s mom yelled.

“Oh, I thought it was Myunghee’s turn..”

“Myunghee’s turn?” She tsked. “Don’t you understand that your sister is very busy with music lessons? Such an irresponsible child! ” she looked down at her.

“Neh..”

“Then hurry and do the chores, If you were brought into this family, you shouldn’t be lazing around..” she looked away.

 

17 year old Hyunji walked off to do the laundry as her mother walked away and momentarily looked back at her, “…”

 

Hyunji’s POV:

Another boring day.. I wonder when dad is coming back from work. My dad works as a firefighter, so he is well respected and known in our city. My mom stays at home; my sister who is the same age as me goes to the same school as me, but after classes she goes music academy to practice singing. I wish I could go to music academy, I love singing... I started humming a random song and singing bits by bits as I washed the laundry. Our family was traditional so we did our laundry by hand in the yard. Some ajuhmmas walked by staring and whispering at me.

 

"There’s that weird girl. Isn’t she the rumored girl?"

"Yeah.. Look at her eyes, do you ever see anything like that around here? There are rumors going on about vampire attacks lately."

“Omo, really?”

“Don’t you see the news lately?”

"So scary. We should avoid her, you never know."

 

Sigh. Again, I always had to live like this shaming my family. I mean, a vampire? What a joke! I don’t even have fangs. I continued singing.

 

“Nice voice.” A voice came out of nowhere.

 

“Huh?” I turned to face a boy around my age leaning against a tree nearby. As I see closer he’s very handsome, a bit pale, but overall mysterious and good-looking.

“I said you have a pretty good voice.” He looked up casually, squinting at the sun and tsked.

“Oh.. Oh, thank you hehe.” I blushed and touched my hair. This is the first time someone talked to me, nevertheless compliment me! I looked down and smiled, showing how happy I was from his compliment.

He looked at me blushing “I only said you had a nice voice, not that you’re amazing or anything” he scoffed.

… 

ಠ_ಠ

Suddenly, he doesn’t look so attractive anymore

 

My face dropped and I went back to doing laundry. “How rude..” I said under my breath but just enough for him to hear me.

 

“Names Jeon Jungkook, what’s yours?” He walked closer as he stuffed his hands in his dress pants.

Jeon Jungkook? Never heard of that name around here. Since the city is small almost everyone knew each other. He was wearing a type of suit, but with unusual material. Like silk... He must be from the wealthy side of town.

“Lee Hyunji,” I continued washing.

“Cool name.. Watcha doin’?” he peeked over me.

Without looking at him, “Laundry, Why do you ask?”

“Ah” He nodded as he looked closer

He doesn't even answer my question...

“Why so many clothes? Do you wear all that?” He asked with curious eyes.

“Excuse me. Do I perhaps know you? Have we even met before?” I said with a hint of annoyance as I put the clothes down.

“Whoa whoa, I get it,” he held his hands up in defense as I just glared at him. “I’ll leave. It’s time for me to go anyways,” he looked at his watch.

“See you around again.. Laundry-shi (Miss Laundry XD),” he said cheekily and left.

“So weird…” I finished laundry and hanged them. I decided to take a walk around my favorite park for a few hours.

______ 

FIRST CHAPTER DONE!

 

<3 If you guys want, Subscribe and review :D I'm going to update every week!