A chance encounter

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 2

A Chance Encounter

 

“Uh-hello? Sooyoung? You still there?” the brunette looked at her phone screen and realized that the battery had died already.

 

“Aish! First the car and now my phone! I’m so not good at taking care of my gadgets”.

 

Giving up, she decided to wait for a passing car.

 

She momentarily stretched her arms and body, showing her well sculpted muscles in her arms and her abdominal area.

 

She has a good figure because of the yoga sessions. She’s pretty active in sports and is a member of the dance club in their university.

 

The sun’s rays added a good effect, her sweat trickling down from her neck to her toned abs.

 

“This is annoying, I hope someone shows up soon, I swear I’d kiss that person if he’d give me a ride to school.” She leaned forward and grudgingly decided to walk to school; it only took her seven steps to stop upon hearing an engine. She swiftly turned around and waved her hands up to the approaching car. However, the vehicle doesn’t seem to show any signs of slowing down.

 

“Hey! Hey!  Can I get a ride from you!!!”, she shouted, hopeful to get a ride to school.

 

She hesitantly went to the side to avoid the speeding car, she did, but it only splashed mud on the lower region of the brunette’s body. The car passed by her without stopping.

 

“What the..Yaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!” she screamed at the pink car.

 

The car stopped abruptly. “About time to stop!” the brunette stomped her way to it and knocked on the window shield.

 

She wore a menacingly angry expression but it soon softened upon revealing the driver’s appearance.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry for doing that to you! I wasn’t aware of your presence until you screamed so loud. I thought I bumped into a person! Thank god it wasn’t the case!” the driver is apparently a girl with dark hair, chocolate round eyes with thick eyebrows, a pointed nose, beautiful plump lips and a milky white skin. She was beautiful and the brunette was a bit jealous of her beauty.

 

The brunette snapped out of her trance and immediately said with composure “Is that the case? I was in the middle of the road mind you! And if I wasn’t dumb enough I would’ve been dead because of you’re driving. You didn’t show any signs of slowing down for God’s sakes!” she admitted she went overboard into her rants to this stranger but she can’t take it anymore, she wasn’t planning on having a day like this.

 

The beautiful girl gasped upon hearing the brunette’s complaints, “I’m really sorry! I was looking for my powder and lipstick on the car drawer. I...wasn’t paying attention on the road at that time..” she whispered.

 

“But you didn’t have to, you already have a gorgeous face and make-up would only make the other girls jealous of your beauty!”.

 

The beauty blushed at the unexpected compliment from the tall stranger. She wasn’t sure if that was a sarcastic remark or a compliment but she felt the latter since she can see it in the expression of the brunette’s deep brown eyes.

 

“Th-Thank you..” The stranger stuttered and the brunette was confused for the gratitude but ignored it, deciding to apologize for her sudden outburst.

 

“I’m sorry if I shouted at you but please understand that I had a bad time.  I’m not in a right position to shout at you.” She did a 90 degree bow. The stranger was left speechless and went out of the car to straighten the brunette.

 

“You don’t have to be so formal around me and besides I was the one who made that mess to you” she pointed at the brunette’s dirty pants.

 

“And almost did a hit and run to you.” She added and then smiled slyly.

 

Her gaze went from the brunette’s muddied pants to the toned abs with sweat trickling down. “Wow, she has a nice figure...” she thought.

 

The brunette opened to say something but shut it as soon as she saw the girl’s smile. It was beautiful and heart warming. Her eyes formed crescents and she had pearly white teeth. She was very beautiful and the brunette felt her heart race for a bit.

 

“Uhm...it’s okay, we’re even now.” The brunette rubbed her neck in embarrassment for staring at the stranger.

 

The stranger giggled at the sight of the embarrassed girl and held out her hand, “I’m Tiffany Hwang by the way”. She smiled again seeing that the brunette went red just by smiling at her.

 

“I-I’m K-kwon Yuri, it’s nice to meet you” The brunette tried to look at her eyes but shyly looked away immediately while  holding the stranger’s hand for a handshake.

 

“Yup, same here.” Tiffany smiled and then grinned, “You can let go now.” Yuri embarrassingly retracted her hand.

 

Tiffany chuckled inwardly and asked “Why are you here anyway? And why were you in the middle of the road?”

 

Yuri gazed at her and remembered she needed to go catch up in school. “I was actually hoping if you could give me a ride to my school since my car broke down.” She pointed at her red Mini cooper dejectedly.

 

“And I would give you enough money for the small disturbance of your affairs to just get me in school; I swear I’d pay a fair amount!”

 

“Oh is that all you’re worried about?” Tiffany went inside her car and started her car. Yuri knitted her brows and let out a sigh, Tiffany obviously wouldn’t want to be disturbed.

 

“What are you still doing there you slowpoke! Hurry up and get inside the car. You’re going to catch up for school remember?” said Tiffany as she impatiently strummed her slender hands on the car wheel .

 

Yuri raised her head with thankful eyes, “Uh Y-yes! I’ll just go get my things in the car!” She hurriedly got her backpack and slid inside Tiffany’s pink car.

 

“Fasten your seatbelt; I’m a monster in the road.” She glanced at Yuri and winked with a beautiful eyesmile.

 

Yuri gulped, held the sides of her seat and gripped it. Thinking of Tiffany’s cuteness and the thought of ending her life because of reckless driving just intensified the queasiness.

 

[At the Entrance of the University]

 

The pink car abruptly stopped at the main gate, almost hitting the body guard in his post. Yuri shakily went out of the car and breathed really hard.

 

Tiffany also came out from the car in a confident fashion and shook Yuri’s arm. “I told you I was a monster in the road.” She jokingly said and playfully stuck out her tongue in an attempt to relax the tensed girl.

 

 Yuri glanced at her and shook her head, “You should be careful on the road. You seriously need to improve your driving, you almost ran over a grandma.”

 

Tiffany shrugged “What was I to do? She was really slow in crossing the street, it took her 5 minutes to cross half way, I was also worried about your test...speaking of which,  you should go now!” Tiffany pushed Yuri towards the gate.

 

“Hurry! Hurry! You’re late for 15 minutes! I think you’d be able to answer the exam with a passing grade at least! Yuri-ah, fighting!” said Tiffany while doing a cute fist pump.

 

Yuri gave her a grateful smile and ran off to her classroom. She immediately stopped and did a quick U-turn. She forgot to pay her. “Tiffany, wai—“ . The pink car already drove away from the university and it was impossible to catch up.

 

“Wait...I haven’t even paid and thanked you properly..” Yuri sighed and turned her back to run to her classroom again. “I wasn’t able to get her number, stupid Yuri!” she thought.