Soo in love

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 1

Soo in love

 

“Come on, work you stupid car!”, the red mini cooper emitted a dark cloud of smoke from its tube and splotched oil in the middle of the road.

 

Trying to rev the car up, she mercilessly pushed the keys and twisted it for the nth time...but the car eventually died.

 

“Great...I’m in the middle of the road and I’ll be late for Biology class.”

 

The brunette sighed for the reason that she’ll be missing an exam which she eagerly stayed up all night for.

 

“I have to make an excuse to the teacher and schedule a makeup exam...that is if she’d let me.”

 

A frustrated sigh came after and the brunette decided to call her friend to pick her up.

 

“Hello? Oh hey! I have a huge favour to ask you­—“the girl retracted her flip phone away from her ears as soon as she heard the high pitched voice that sounded like a pteryodactyl hunting for its prey.

 

“You dimwit! Where have you been? I went to your house this morning to catch a ride with you but Uncle told me you already went ahead. Do you know how much the bus fare costs these days??”

 

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault that you weren’t awake when I went to your house!” the brunette remembered how the pterodactyl slept like a log and kicked her a couple of times in an attempt of waking her up.

 

“The hell, it doesn’t matter, the point is we had a deal remember? You give me rides to school and back home. I in return give you—“the girl paused and whispered seductively, “—pleasure.”

 

The brunette gulped and awkwardly avoided the tone of her voice,

 

”Ah-hah...don’t do that to me or I’ll go crazy, you don’t want to see me in that state in front of you...”

 

She once again pushed the thoughts away and told the girl the condition she’s in, she glanced at her Rolex watch and it indicated 30 minutes before the class starts.

 

“Sooyoung, are you by any chance still in your house? If so will you—“ the girl was cut off by a low grunt,

 

“No, I’m in the bus already since you obviously ditched me.”  The brunette sighed again, if Sooyoung’s out already that means Mrs. Choi is already off to work.

 

Back then, the brunette was the one hitching rides from the Choi's. However, it all stopped since Mrs. Choi’s office was relocated and she can only drop the two girls in the bus stop. From the bus stop, it would take around 20 minutes to go to the University. The brunette was hoping that Sooyoung would convince Mrs. Choi to pick her up in the middle of the road and bring them to school instead, but she was too late.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry Sooyoung. I didn’t mean to ditch you, it’s just that I have to go to school early for an exam...” the brunette scratched her head and opened the car door. She felt really hot inside the cramped car with no aircon. She decided to remove her jacket and white t-shirt leaving her only with a white sports bra, black baggy pants and chuck taylors.

 

 “Anyway, I took a wrong direction believing it would bring me to school early but it backfired, I was lost and eventually the car broke down” the brunette annoyingly said remembering that her dad wasn’t tuning the car properly.

 

“Your fault for not knowing how to fix your car and bring it to a repair shop or something, an owner should be the one responsible for their babies.”.Sooyoung said with a mocking tone.

 

The brunette scoffed, “Hey give me a break, they just bought this car for me two weeks ago. At least give me credit for my driving skills.” The brunette grinned at her last remark.

 

“Yeah yeah... you were lucky to pass your first driving exam!”

 

The brunette chuckled remembering how Sooyoung swerved from the road and bumped into a chicken coop during her driving exam.

 

Sooyoung ignored her and said, “Hey it’s my stop already, good luck in finding a way to go to school though..you only have ten minutes to go there.” Sooyoung said in a worried tone. She really cares for this brunette friend of hers despite the little unsatisfactory performance of being her friend.

“Oh man it’s that late already?!” the brunette girl huffed and had a little headache remembering the exam she’s supposed to take in a couple of minutes. She shifted her gaze from the asphalt and raised her head to look at the horizon but there seemed to be no cars passing by, only the boulevard and beside it a beautiful vast ocean. “Pretty...”, the brunette said with a dreamy sigh.

 

Sooyoung mistakenly took that as a compliment for her, she blushed and proudly said,

 

“Of course I am, I know you’re attracted to me ever since you laid your eyes on me”

 

She pressed her ears on her phone harder in order to hear the reply of the brunette but there was none until the line went dead. She hastily looked at her phone screen and grumpily shut her phone.

 

“Stupid, you’re avoiding me again every time I approach you like that...Aurgh! Stupid! Dense! Block-head!” she screamed and people in the bus looked at her weirdly.

 

 “Eheh, sorry...” she whispered and immediately realized the university from her window; she stood up and stopped the bus door from closing.