Endless Confusion

Pentagon Love

Chapter 32

Endless Confusion

 

 

“This is not going to work.”

 

He thought that the call he just received an hour ago was a complete emergency and whenever friends are involved, he’d cancel every appointment he has for the remaining hours of the day. Never forgetting to message his boy toy for the day, he typed with reluctance to reschedule their candle-lit dinner date. He shook his head wistfully as he remembered how excited his lover was and is dying to watch the newly released animation, Hotel Pennsylvania. Nonetheless, with a determined face, he dashed to his convertible car and sped off to fetch Sooyoung.

 

“This is utterly absurd.”

 

The “gorgeous fashion guru” and “love expert” as what he wants to be called, had brought the ladies in the mall and had spent all day shopping for new clothes. He bought Sooyoung a bright red sequinned dress and some fantastic new stilettos while Hyoyeon had gotten a pair of black stilettos and a fancy black dress. He must admit that although their taste was a bit old-fashioned, they looked very good in them.  Anyway, having gotten their stuff, they hurried back to Jo Kwon’s house to try them on.

 

“Definitely.”

 

“You guys look fabulous! I did a great job huh?” Jo quipped with his unusually high

 pitched voice. He had been so pissed when he learned about the real meaning of the text message—SOS. The girls later explained their problem and wanted his help in solving their dilemma. But he just shrugged it off since it dealt with the issues of heartbreak.

 

“Are you sure this is going to work? I’m not even used to the idea of just hooking up with a random stranger.” said Sooyoung as she fiddled with her fingers. She has been staring at a beautiful slender figure with a neatly curled hair in the mirror for too long.

 

Hyoyeon whistled like a dirty old man as she opened the door wearing an equally y dress. Her hair was also nicely ironed and her make-up exuded a natural look. “Hey stud! Thanks for helping us out. We needed a woman’s advice over this.”

 

Jo just snapped his fingers in approval and studied the arrival of the new girl. Hyoyeon and Jo Kwon’s first meeting was a match-made in heaven. It meant that they hit it off pretty quickly and talked about god knows what about pretty much everything that is weird on this earth. Sooyoung was in awe at the sight and ended up accepting that she really has weird friends.

 

“You’re smoking! If I were a boy, I’d slap that y of yours.” He winked as he pouted his lips in a poor effort to seduce Sooyoung’s friend.

 

Sooyoung on the other hand found the situation ridiculous and finally stood up and walked away from the duo. “Stop that guys, let’s get this done and over with.”

 

After a few minutes, they have arrived in a popular night club exclusive for elites. Jo being a famous patron gave them easy access inside without having to suffer and wait in the long line. As soon as they opened the double doors, the loud and up-beat club music engulfed them. The strobes of neon lights decorated the darkness and shadows of people populated the dance floor. As they got their own space for drinks and conversations, Jo pulled Hyoyeon up from her seat and dragged her to the dance floor. Sooyoung chuckled and waved her hands motioning to them that she’d join them in a while.

 

“Why am I here again?”

 

Sooyoung went outside and sat on the steps, elbows on her knees, chin in her hand while staring out sightlessly into the black of the night. She didn’t know how long she had been sitting there, but she jumped a mile in the air when Jo dug her in the ribs and said "What's the matter? We’ve been here for nearly ten minutes and you haven't made a move."

 

"I don’t know" She lied, "I'm just not cut out for this."

 

He sighed; he sat down and patted the lanky girl’s back. “I know you haven’t moved on, but I can assure you that you’ll meet someone better in the future. Now, we are here to drink away our problems and have fun dancing!” he enthusiastically said but stopped abruptly when he saw the lone tear trickling down from Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

“Babe, I’m sorry. You know, you can tell me everything that bothers you. I’ll listen.”

 

After a few minutes of silence and in as few words as possible, she explained her true feelings for Yuri and how disappointed she felt when she saw her with another girl. She also carefully left out the bit about him—Yuri’s infatuation for him in the past. "She didn'tdo anything for me at all," she continued, "There must be something wrong with me."

 

"Didn't you try to think of anything y to seduce her?" Jo enquired.

 

Nervously, afraid of where the conversation might be leading, she replied that she did, but that it didn't work.  Jo placed a hand lightly on her knee and told her that exactly thesame had happened to him with his past crush, and he said 'not to worry about it'. Looking directly at him for the first time, she managed to give him half a very pained smile.

 

"Tell you what, though," he grinned, "I know something, or somebody, that will help you."

 

Much to her acute embarrassment, it dawned on her on why Jo Kwon is called the ‘love expert’, he can seduce anyone he wants with his unique moves in every club he visits. The high success rates were still a mystery for Sooyoung.

 

"No way!"she spat out instantly, still too ashamed to admit to herself that he might be right, "What do you think I am, a fcuking ?"

 

Jo laughed heartily and wiggled his eyebrows, “No sweetheart, but I know that jealousy is the perfect emotion that can trigger your lover’s heart.”

 

Jo ushered Sooyoung back inside. Hyoyeon met up with them with ragged breath and messy hair, indicating that she had the time of her life dancing with strangers. “Where have you been guys?”

 

Sooyoung shrugged and half-smiled at the girl, “We just talked about my one-sided love for Yuri.”

 

Jo waved a dismissive hand as he strode back to the dance floor with a man already in his grasp. Hyoyeon looked back at the slender girl with a questioning gaze. Sooyoung sighed and dejectedly said, “It looks like I have to seduce some random stranger to get Yuri’s heart.”

 

Hyoyeon gasped as she inquired more about it for more clarity, “What does that have to do with getting Yuri’s heart?! Don’t you think the result would be the opposite—“ she stopped talking as more possibilities entered her mind to get that to work. “Oh...you meant that kind...”

 

“Yup.” Sooyoung clapped with a determined gaze at the dance floor. “I’ll get someone in this lonely hearts club to make Yuri jealous.”

 

“And in the end, maybe—no scratch that, she will realize her feelings for me and stop seeing that Tiffany.”

 

“Hmm... that might work. I guess calling Jo is not a bad idea after all.” Hyoyeon pushed Sooyoung in the dance floor without forgetting to check up on her appearance first. “But Soo, don’t get too serious on that person...and if you’re serious about this, might as well hook up with a hot stuff.”

 

Sooyoung just nodded and walked towards the dance floor. It looked like people were just basically dancing with everyone around them, so she joined the throng in near the center of the room, and soon found herself dancing face to face with a girl who she recognized. Her breathing stopped for a few seconds and all the blood drained from her face as she stared wide eyed at her.

 

She has ebony black hair with tight curls, big shiny brown eyes, small broad nose, and thick moist lips which parted in a wide smile exposing perfect white teeth.  "You have got to be kidding me." she exclaimed softly at herself, as the girl seemed to float towards her with hips swaying from side to side, and she could imagine her weaving her spell on the dance floor. She felt the girl’s hand circling her neck as she swayed her hips to the beat of the music. Sooyoung had to rub her eyes to make sure that this isn’t some sick illusion.“Damn right it isn’t. She’s still fcuking there holding me!

 

Sooyoung pushed the girl away and immediately regretted it when she saw the hurt expression from her face. “I-I’m sorry! I just need a breather. Excuse me.” As she turned away, she saw the duo not so far from where she is, she walked briskly towards them as she tried to push her way through the sweating wild crowd. Unbeknownst to Sooyoung, both Jo and Hyoyeon saw the whole thing with shocked expressions on their faces.

 

As soon as Sooyoung approached them, Hyoyeon slowly pointed at the scene where Sooyoung last left. “What’s she doing in a place like this? Isn’t she supposed to be a princess in a huge mansion attending balls and—“

 

“I don’t want to stay in this club anymore, let’s go.”

 

Jo held Sooyoung’s hand and said with a low voice, “Don’t let her ruin your night, you have to show her who the boss is—“

 

“She doesn’t even know most about the matter! I fcuking don’t care anymore!”. She shouted a little bit louder despite the blaring music.

 

The boy hesitantly let go of the hand as he looked down at the floor. Hyoyeon who was still confused about her friend’s outburst started to talk calmly, “Soo, I don’t understand, why must you shout at him like that? And that girl, why did you have to push her? That was rude and I want you to be a grown up and apologize right now.” She said as she stomped her right foot like a mother defending her child.

 

Jo nudged Hyoyeon and whispered, “Don’t you know anything about the two of them?”

 

“I don’t quite get it. Why are we whispering?”she replied as she looked back at Sooyoung who is now staring back at the girl with a scrutinizing gaze. The girl lit up the room with her smile as she moved to the beat. Sooyoung was so caught up in staring at her that she almost didn't notice the guy she was with. The two of them were inseparable, molded to each other and grinding passionately on the dance floor. He was HOT. He had perfect blue eyes that sparkled in the strobe lights, and wavy light brown hair that he casually would brush out of his eyes. He was wearing tight jeans that showed off a beautiful round but firm and as he danced with her more and more, she could see a bulge form in his pants. Sooyoung chuckled to herself. This man was nice in ALL aspects so why must that wench have to get that one person that she’s in love with.

 

Casually, Sooyoung walked over to them. "Mind if I cut in?" she smiled at the girl, and then flashed her hottest smile toward the guy. Luckily, he smiled back and stepped aside her to take his place dancing with her. Sooyoung saw him check out on her as he walked to the side. Sooyoung secretly rolled her eyes as she turned her attention to the girl.

Sooyoung cleared and tried to show her best smile, “I’m sorry of what I did to you earlier, I wasn’t myself.” She chuckled nervously and tried to look at the girl’s eyes.

 

The girl in turn showed her a beautiful smile as she was already moving with the beat against Sooyoung’s body, sliding her stomach and dipping her chest. The girl grabbed her hand, and without saying anything, Sooyoung followed her cute little as she wiggled toward the back door.  Sooyoung didn’t forget to look at the duo with gaping mouths as she winked and smiled mischievously. Once they got through it, Sooyoung saw that they were in a back room. "This is my secret place," the girl giggled.

 

She laughed at how formal she was being. "Let's continue our dance here," the girl said, as she took her hand and guided it to her waist. They could still vaguely hear the music coming from inside the bar. She pulled her close and began grinding her stomach into her thigh.

 

“Oh dear Lord, this is so wrong in so many levels.”

 

The girl smiled and nuzzled into her neck.

 

“I have to do this. I want to know everything. Her intentions to her. Everything. By doing this, I’ll be on top of the game.”

 

 She could feel her s pressing into her chest, her s hard. Sooyoung’s breath became sharper as she looked up. "Hi, I'm Sooyoung. What’s your name?"

 

With a mischievous smile, she pulled away slightly and tilted her head cutely, “How old are you exactly?”

 

“I’m twenty-nine.” She lied.

 

“Can you afford a room in a five-star hotel?”

 

“What the hell?? Why would she ask that?”

 

The girl giggled and playfully slapped her shoulder, “I was just kidding, do you have some cash with you though?”

 

With shaky breath, she nodded and her breath hitched again as she saw the most beautiful eye-smile from the girl.

 

“Hello, nice to meet you. I’m Tiffany.”

 

"Let the games begin."

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Yuri buried her face on the soft pillows that lay on her bed. She muffled her screams of distress and kept rolling on the sheets with low groans. It definitely wasn’t because of severe stomach ache. It was about the mounting confusion in her head that gave her a head ache which was much worse than the case in her ual transformations. She eventually calmed down a bit and faced blankly at the ceiling as she placed an arm at her forehead. She thought back on what happened near the lake with this cold December.

 

 

***

 

Shock. A look of complete, utter shock, that was the only way Sunny was able to describe Yuri's expression, and it told her everything she needed to know. Pulling away in one swift movement, causing a slight shake from their stance as Yuri leaned over for balance, bringing her face directly in front of Sunny’s, breathing against her. 

 

 

"I've been for a long time now, Yuri. And I'm sorry, but I can't change it."

 

With no response from the taller girl, she sighed and completely pulled away from Yuri. She shyly stared back at Yuri’s brown orbs, searching for answers but there was still none. It slowly dawned on her that this love confession is not working as she felt a slight pain in her chest from the pending rejection.

 

Sunny masked her disappointment with a half-smile and turned to skate away from the unresponsive girl, “It’s getting too cold. I’m tired. Let get out of here shall we?”, she voiced out enthusiastically with her back still facing the tanned girl.

 

Her gliding stopped a meter away from the snow covered land, she gasped as she felt a pair of hands snake around her waist. She felt a warm pressure on her back— Yuri’s warm cheeks pressed on Sunny’s head. They stayed like that for few seconds as Sunny held onto the Yuri’s muffled hands.

 

“I..Sunny...I think—“

 

Sunny shifted her position and fully faced Yuri with a genuine smile, she placed her index finger at Yuri’s soft lips, hushing her.

 

“Shhh, you don’t have to say it. I understand, this is all so fast for you.”, she chuckled and leaned in to give Yuri a soft kiss on her blushing cheeks.

 

She giggled as she removed Yuri’s gloves and her own. She raised her pinky finger in front of Yuri’s face and whispered, “Promise me, that you’ll think about it. Okay?”

 

Yuri slowly nodded and sealed the deal with a pinky swear. All thoughts of confessing everything insane about her just vanished in the pits of her messed up brain.

 

***

Yuri sluggishly moved away from her bed and went to her study table, she faced her computer blankly and opened a search engine. She typed in furiously to search for possible solutions on her problems.

 

“How to deal with gender transformations?”

 

“Countries that offers permanent change.”

 

“How to detect  an old lady witch with a black staff in the 21st century?”

 

“Why am I attracted to mushrooms?”

 

“SNSD rumoured to have magical powers to turn millions of fangirls gay.”

 

“How to take care of a pregnant bratty princess?—Hold on. Why did I type this?” she ruffled her hair in frustration as she sighed deeply. She still has that issue with Jessica.

 

“Damn it all! Why my life does have to be this complicated. And to think that I’m originally a girl with a normal life who fell in love with an obvious rainbows at the background, gay boy—“ she face palmed herself, “Wait, that’s technically not normal but still! These transformations and getting ual encounters with girls is just...lovely.” She sarcastically said to herself.

 

She huffed grumpily as she forcefully her phone, she scrolled down her contacts list to call Sooyoung in an attempt to tell her everything what happened. As she was about to press the call button, the phone vibrated and Taeyeon’s name showed on the phone’s screen. Her face was stoned, there’ also that girl who she screwed up with in the kitchen. In the kitchen for heaven’s sake, she wasn’t sure anymore in the difference between love and lust.

 

She furrowed her brow and hesitantly answered the call, “Hello Taeyeon, what’s up?”

 

“Hey there, uhm...am I bothering you on something?”

 

“Nope, nothing important. Why? What’s wrong?” Yuri asked, sensing the restless tone on the girl’s voice.

 

“Do you remember the thing you promised to do? You know, the consequence of your short comings from our last date?”

 

Yuri nervously chuckled and steadied her breath, “Yes, why would I forget? When do you want me to do it?”

 

“Right now. I need you right now at my house, please.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

*Author's apologies. Oh yeah, for the new readers, i forgot to "unhide" chapter 9, sorry. :( Once again, i apologize for the late update and suddenly disappearing without notice. (-___-") I'm actually writing another fic with less cheating involved. Haha expect the update this week. thank youuuu! :D