I'm a y kid?

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 3

I’m a y kid?

 

[After the Exam]

 

“I’m going to fail.” Yuri banged her head to the table, unexpectedly painful.

 

“You were late!  What were you expecting? Getting a 90%? You know it’s impossible if you only answered 40% of it.” Sunny dryly said, “Hell, you’re not even sure if you answered them all correctly. Good luck to you my dear seatmate” she added in a sing-song manner.

 

Yuri looked at the short-blonde girl, “Gee, thanks for the moral support.” She sarcastically said and returned to her depressed state.

 

“You’re welcome, by the way...why were you late anyway? I thought you’d come here early for the big test. “

 

“I planned on doing that but my car broke down in the middle of the deserted road that I thought was a short cut.  Then, a stranger splashed these on me.” She pointed at her dirtied baggy pants. “But it was all worth it!” she grinned widely remembering the beautiful girl she just met.

 

Sunny’s eyebrows knitted and asked, “Why was it worth it? You broke your car and then—“, she paused and felt her heart was a little heavy from her assumption.

 

“You’re attracted to that stranger aren’t you?” she added, half hoping that she’s not and half hoping she is, if that was the case then she has a chance with Yuri.

 

“Hmm...you can say it like that. She’s very beautiful and was very nice but a little reckless. That stranger’s name is Tiffany. You should’ve seen her Sunny, she can pass to be a model or even an actress!” Yuri dreamily sighed.

 

“You can’t possibly be in love with her, right Yuri?” “please say no, please say no!” she thought

 

“Nah, I’m just envious of her assets and besides...I’m in love with my dear hubby, remember?”

 

Yuri lazily looked at her right. Sunny was staring at her for quite a long time now. Yuri studied her from head to toe and realized that something changed about her.

 

Yuri leaned in closer to take a look at her face, Sunny on the other hand hesitantly backed away realizing Yuri’s face inches away from her.

 

“Hey! What are you doing so close to me?” she pretended to be annoyed but inside she was nervous and her heart was beating so fast. She averted her gaze from the floor and looked at Yuri’s deep brown orbs. She can feel the girl’s breath on her brightly reddened cheeks.

 

Yuri continued to lean and cupped the shorter girl’s face.

 

Sunny closed her eyes anticipating for something...”It should happen by now...”

 

“Now?....”

 

“How about now?” she impatiently opened her eyes and was disappointed when she saw the look in Yuri’s face.

 

Yuri was apparently smiling mischievously and said “I know what changed about you Sunny!” she laughed inwardly,

 

“It’s good that you’re finally conscious of your appearance in school, you know you’re a very beautiful girl when you change your hairstyle a bit.” She smiled at her and showed her pearly whites which was awfully charming for Sunny.

 

“Thanks, I needed a change since summer’s coming. It’s pretty hot nowadays.” Sunny fanned herself when she realized that Yuri kept on smiling and had an intense gaze at her.

 

“I like it very much, it suits you.” Yuri said in an adoring manner. She pulled away and lazily placed her head in her palm.

 

“You know, I don’t get it. Why do you reject those people who are courting you from our brother school? They don’t seem that bad and most of them were good looking! Did something happen to you in the past that made you reluctant in having a relationship?” asked Yuri, she chuckled a bit and then made a serious face.

 

“Why are you so curious about it? Did it occur to you that not everything in my life should revolve in me having a relationship? I’d like to concentrate on my studies rather than ‘fangirling’ over boys.”

 

Yuri laughed a little louder, “Hah! You can’t possibly be serious right? I see you almost everyday and your life revolves around videogames! Oh now i get it, you play those virtual dating games. That’s why you’re not that interested in reality dating.”

 

Sunny scoffed and looked at Yuri with a hopeless look, “No you silly! My life doesn’t always revolve around virtual stuff...I also am interested in dating a human.” Sunny whispered the last remark.

 

“Then what’s keeping you from doing that?” the tall girl ruffled her long brown hair.

 

“I like someone but that idiot can’t seem to realize it!” Sunny said a bit louder that made her classmates look at her. “Sorry” said Sunny.

 

Her classmates went back to their own business. “This charming girl is very dense and clueless that she’s gaining a lot of attention from the other girls, even the seniors tried hitting on her but all Yuri did was smile and played along.”

 

“You should tell that person your feelings, who knows, you might end up together and then everyone’s happy!” Yuri enthusiastically said in the hopes of encouraging her good friend to confess to her love interest.

 

“It’s not that simple Yuri, that person is very special to me and I can’t risk our friendship just because of my feelings.” The shorter girl sighed and desperately looked at Yuri giving her a desperate look, pleading for the tanned girl to realize who she’s talking about.

 

The school bell rang, signalling the students to go to their next class.

 

Yuri sighed again, “That person’s an idiot if he can’t accept your feelings! Any person will be very lucky to have you...you're smart, you can cook, sing, dance, and can make people laugh. You’re the whole package so don’t give up Sunny! I’ll be rooting for you!” Yuri cheerfully said and proceeded on packing her books.

 

 Sunny’s face on the other hand was a deep red, enjoying the compliments that she has been receiving from Yuri.

 

She opened to say something but hesitated when she saw the tall girl stand up and went in front of Sunny’s desk.

 

Yuri leaned in and whispered, “Good job Sunny, keep up the lively attitude, you’re very y that way”. Yuri pulled away and winked, she walked to the door and waved goodbye.

 

Sunny stayed rooted on the chair, not believing what just happened. “Me? y?? I can’t even look at myself in the mirror thinking I’d be disappointed looking at a kid.” she looked at the door and had a satisfied smile. “You’re a very nice person, Kwon Yuri...Thank you for being my friend”. With that, she wore back her glasses and went to the library.