Light to my heart

Pentagon Love

Chapter 20

A Light to My Heart

 

The morning was slowly showing its glow, two figures lay on comfortable sheets, Yuri was holding a sleeping Tiffany in her arms. She slowly traced the cheeks, the closed eyes, and the bridge of the nose with her fingertips, admiring the serene expression of the girl.

 

The sun’s rays on the back of her hair made her beauty radiate more than ever, “I can’t believe I have a Goddess beside me”, The tanned girl thought. She wasn’t able to get any sleep; still half-dressed while the sleeping girl is still ., “How could I when I just made love to a ‘stranger’, and shockingly to a girl.”,  suddenly she felt a sting in her heart when she remembered something  that the girl told her last night.



Flashback

 

Yuri pulled out and collapsed onto the bed beside the weak Tiffany. The tanned girl was breathing hard, flushed from the activity she just did to the girl, she stared at the girl’s chest heaving up and down, Tiffany was breathing raggedly with closed eyes. Yuri pulled the blanket on top of them and tucked Tiffany’s bangs behind her ear. “You’re so beautiful”, said the tanned girl.


Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and stared at Yuri hazily; she shifted her position and snuggled closely to the tanned girl, "You're a big liar", and held Yuri's hands, “You were so amazing, thank you”, and placed them around her waist. She placed her head in the nook of her neck and breathed in the scent of Yuri.”Please, stay for the night”, said Tiffany.



 The tanned girl nodded never forgetting to text her dad that she will be staying over a friend’s house. Yuri felt really happy, for some reason, she liked the idea of having her in her arms like this, but in the back of her mind she was troubled of thinking what would happen to the both of them after this, she was confused over the idea of liking a girl, confused over the idea of having a relationship with Tiffany.

 

“Does that make me...gay?”, she placed her head on top of Tiffany’s and inhaled the sweet smell of shampoo, “Or am I just attracted to only you?”, she said and continued to stare at the exhausted girl who had her eyes closed, “I’ve only known you for a brief moment, we’re moving too fast”, she sighed and said, “I want to get to know you better, Tiffany”, but the said girl didn’t respond.



Yuri had her eyebrows creased and looked at the girl, “Oh, she’s sleeping”, and chuckled. She snuggled closer to the girl and decided to shut her eyes to go to dreamland.


 However, minutes passed and she still can’t sleep, she remained to close her eyes, suddenly she felt a warm hand touch her cheek. “Yuri, are you still asleep?”, said a husky voice that belonged to Tiffany. The tanned girl decided not to respond; she waited for another minute and was curious what the girl will do next.



The tanned girl felt a soft pair of lips that made contact with her own, she smiled in her thoughts suppressing the happiness she’s feeling but, “Please, don’t fall in love with me”, whispered Tiffany, she kissed Yuri’s lips again and settled back on the bed.


“This is, like what you said, for fun after all.”, thought Yuri, she  felt her heart pierced by an arrow, not of love but of hurt.

 


End of flashback




She sighed and looked at the alarm clock, “It’s almost time for school, I better wash up and fix this thing, I don’t want her to know”, referring to the transformation she just had during the midnight, a revelation that made her aware to be careful when she’s sleeping in someone else’s house.

 

Yuri carefully removed Tiffany’s tight hug on her waist, and removed the leg that was also tightly clinging to the tanned girl’s thighs. Yuri slowly got off the bed and fixed the blanket to cover the girl’s body.



“I change into a man when it strikes midnight, a woman at noon.” She ruffled her hair in frustration, “That ajhumma is lacking skills! Couldn’t’ have she just transformed me into a full pledged boy?”, she stopped on her tracks and lightly hit her head with her fist, “Noo...what’re you thinking Yuri! Being a boy is not the solution to this dilemma, I should find that old lady as soon as possible to remedy this.”, she sighed.

 

“Besides, I think I’ve given up on him, so there’s no need for this, being a boy”, she went to the bathroom and started to strip to take a refreshing bath.


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Hmmm...”, Tiffany moaned and stretched her arm to feel the person she’s expecting to feel, “Yuri?”, but she felt no presence, only the soft bed sheets and pillows.

 

She slowly opened her eyes and squinted from the rays passing through the glass window.
 

 

She heard water gushing,Tiffany stood up on her way to the bathroom, she didn’t care if she was in front of Yuri,

 

“It’s locked”, and twisted it again, suddenly she grinned and went to the drawers to get something, “I haven’t seen her , it’s not fair.”, she giggled and retrieved her keys.


______________________________________________________________________________________
 

“I’m y and I know it~”, said Yuri singing to the song of lmfao, she rubbed her body with soap, not caring if her voice is off tune, “Girl look at that body~I work out~”, she continued to sing, placed both of her hands on her head and massaged it with shampoo, she giggled and looked at her , “Wigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle”

 

She did a pumping motion and the swayed lazily. “Haha, this is fun”, said Yuri but the girl was clueless that there was a presence from the other side of the shower curtains. The figure stealthily went inside the bath tub and back-hugged Yuri.

 

 

The tanned girl stopped from singing and flinched, still her hands on her head. Tiffany giggled, “You’re so cute! You were doing great in singing, why did you stop?”, Tiffany’s hands started to make circles on the tanned girl’s abs.
The tanned girl suddenly went pale, open, and her eyes wide. She felt the s of the girl touch her back, even worse; she felt her member rise like a flag pole.

 

She gulped, “This is not good...this is not good! I swear I locked the door!”, thought Yuri, she was still stiff but hastily covered her member. “Aha-ha..T-tiffany! W-why are yyou here? C-can you please leave, I-im not c-comfortable when I s-share a bathroom”, she nervously gulped and desperately pleaded the Gods in her thoughts to shoo her away.



Tiffany chuckled and continued to massage Yuri’s abs, “You don’t have to be shy, you have a very good figure.”, she said playfully. Yuri squirmed and covered her member in despair, Tiffany slowly moved her hand upwards in an attempt to feel the girl’s bosom but, *squeeze-squeeze*, “Eh? Where are they?”, she continued to feel Yuri’s chest but all she felt was a wide expanse of skin,

 

“No..s?”, she retracted her hands away and turned the tanned girl to fully face her. Tiffany gasped and covered , “Tiffany....I can explain”, said Yuri still covering her member. “This can’t be...”, said Tiffany, she looked at Yuri’s lower region but the tanned girl was covering it with her hands.

 

“Tiff, this is—“, Tiffany immediately held the tanned girl’s wrists and forcefully pulled it away to the sides.

 


*Boing*

 


The emerged and was awfully erect.

 

“Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”, Tiffany screamed in horror and backed away from the girl, “Y-you! You are not Yuri! The Yuri I know is a girl who just made love to me last night and I swear I felt her s!”, she shakily said.


“Please calm down and listen to me very carefully—“ the tanned girl paused when she saw Tiffany slowly closing her eyes with her hands on her temples.


*Thud*


The girl out. Yuri face palmed herself and grunted, “I knew this would happen eventually...”, she said and carried the unconscious girl back to bed.
 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So, how did it go?” said Taeyeon walking in the hallway with a blonde girl, in their hands were boxes filled with props and materials needed for the musical. They were on their way to the concert hall to help prepare the stage.

 

“The same boring party with those fake business people”, said Jessica with an annoyed expression, “I swear, if I wasn’t scared enough of my dad, I’ll burn every one of them”, she growled, “Especially those dumb clowns! They insulted me again in my own party!”

 

Taeyeon shivered not liking the tone in her voice, “Sometimes, this girl goes overboard with her words but doesn’t have the courage to really do them.”, she chuckled, “Thank god.”

 

“You had clowns in your party?”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow at the girl with an unbelieving expression. “No, I was referring to that stupid Gyuri and her dumb gang with their overly maked-up face. ” loudly said by the blonde girl.

 

“Jessica! Your language please! You’re in school and the student council president for crying out loud!”, whispered Taeyeon, noticing that two professors are in the hallway talking just a distance away from them. Jessica just scoffed and continued to walk arrogantly.

 

"Hey have you heard the news? Tiffany's back here in this University!", said a student who squealed in delight.

 

The blonde girl stopped and focused her attention to the gossiping girls, "Oh! and I heard she'll be taking over the student council again." said a short girl with pigtails.

 

The blonde girl made a fist; she dropped the things on her hands, turned around and ran to the opposite direction.

 

"Hey Jessica! where are you going?" yelled Taeyeon, "Aish, that girl...", she sighed and kneeled to pick up the scattered materials on the floor.

 

A figure kneeled down and helped pick up the materials. "Thank you very much, my dear friend just left me here with this mess" said Taeyeon with an irritated tone still with her head down picking up the scattered materials. The person didn't respond and continued to help the girl, their hands met and Taeyeon didn't move, she slowly raised her head and was left speechless.

 

The girl smiled charmingly, both slowly stood up, still with their hands touching and holding the last piece of material. "You're welcome, Taeyeon", said Yuri, she started to pull away but the short girl just squeezed Yuri's hand, not letting go.

 

"Uhm...Is there anything else you want me to help you with?"

 

"...well...actually there is something I want from you.", Taeyeon said shyly, she started to blush and fiddled with her hands.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Can you spare an hour with me in a coffee shop? You know...I just want to talk to you about something important", nervously said by Taeyeon, she looked at the tanned girl with hopeful eyes.

 

Yuri smiled, "Sure no problem, is after practice alright?"

 

"Yes!" Taeyeon said excitedly and raised a fisted hand up in the air, Yuri chuckled at the sight of the cute girl. Taeyeon cleared in embarrassment, "I mean, yes, I'll just see you later then."

 

Yuri replied with her charming smile and waved a goodbye. Taeyeon dreamily sighed and turned around, but she felt a hand on her shoulder that’s stopping her from moving, ''Yes Yuri? You want something from me? I'll gladly give it to you", she turned around dramatically, an action that can be seen in shampoo commercials with a matching flip of hair on the side. "Yuri--", but froze and had a disgusted look.

 

"I saw what you just did there you midget." said Sunny with a glare.

 

"Who are you calling a midget, you Lilliputian?!", said Taeyeon with a scrunched nose, she angrily shoved away the hand on her shoulder.

 

"What are you going to do with Yuri?", said Sunny with a low voice and raised chin, her eyes were scarily big behind her glasses.

 

Taeyeon laughed liked an old lady for a brief moment but turned serious, "It's none of your business", she started walking and Sunny followed suit.

 

"Oh I do, anything that involves Yuri is MY business", said Sunny in an intimidating manner.

 

"Wait, why do you care about Yuri anyway? Aren't you two just classmates?", Taeyeon gasped, "Unless...", she raised an eyebrow, "You like her don’t you!?"
 

Sunny rolled her eyes, "Of course I do, I have an obvious sign in my forehead that says 'I’M GAY FOR YURI', it's only her that hasn’t realized my signals.”, she sighed in defeat and stared back at the giggling Taeyeon, "Yah! Why are you laughing? It's not funny at all!"

 

Taeyeon stopped and wiped her teary eye, "Okay okay, but there is something that you should know", she motioned the girl to come closer.

 

Sunny leaned sideways with crossed arms, Taeyeon whispered into her ear, "I happen to know who Yuri likes and that person’s a very beautiful-extremely gorgeous-jaw dropping sight of a girl.”

 

Sunny pulled away with a confused look, “No, you’re mistaken, you see that girl’s in love with—“ Sunny was cut off by Taeyeon’s ‘talk to the hand’ action, “I know right? I’m sorry if your little heart’s breaking into pieces now” Taeyeon faked a sympathetic sigh and patted Sunny’s shoulder. She then noticed bunch of papers in Sunny’s hands, “What are those for?”

 

Sunny suddenly shoved away her interrupted reply and remembered her reason for approaching the girl, “I was actually looking for Jessica, have you seen her?  She needs to accomplish these by today”, she waved the unfinished reports and accounting papers to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon creased her eyebrows, “Again?”,

 

 “Unfortunately.”, said Sunny.

 

Taeyeon sighed and started texting her friend, “That girl is really causing problems”


 

Sunny just nodded, “Yeah, I just wish that Tiffany takes over again”

 

Taeyeon stopped typing and looked at the girl, “What did you say?”

 

“I was saying that I wish she was the president again”

 

Taeyeon grunted, “No, who did you mention a while ago?”

 

Sunny had a confused look and slowly said, “Tiffany Hwang, she’s studying here again.”

 

Taeyeon gasped, “You have got to be kidding me.”


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

A pair of hands slammed on a wooden desk really hard and the pang echoed in a large luxurious room.



“What is the meaning of this?! Why is Tiffany Hwang back here?!” said Jessica furiously.

 

An old man that looked like in his 60’s was sitting on a wheel chair, he was shaking his head in dismay because of his granddaughter’s behaviour, “We can’t do anything dear, she wants to study here again and I can’t refuse, she passed her entrance exam again with flying colors.”
 

Jessica crossed her arms not removing her menacing stare, “You were able to get her out of here, why not do it again?”

 

“But dear...”, the old man sighed and leaned in his desk, he fixed his golden name plate that was studded with fine carats, “She was the one who dropped out from school, it was never my decision to kick her out”, he chuckled, “I’m an honest principal with dignity, I can never do that to my students, especially if their excelling and has done nothing wrong.”

 

“But she did! She ruined my life! That stole everything from me—“

 

“Enough! You’re already grown up and I expect right conduct from you...but you have gone too far, I’ll never tolerate that kind of attitude from you in this school again!”, the principal rubbed his temples, “Go back to your class, I want to be alone.”

 

Jessica stomped her right foot in annoyance and dashed out of the room never forgetting to slam the door shut.


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes feeling a slight headache. She was properly tucked in the bed, this time wearing a comfortable pink robe. “Yuri!”, she immediately looked at her side but was disappointed to find no one. “Could it be...just a dream?”, at her peripheral she saw a tray with plates filled with familiar scrumptious delicacies. Beside the tray was a folded note, the contents was elegantly written in cursive.



[Dear Tiffany,

I didn’t bother waking you up, the sight of you sleeping soundly was just too difficult for me to steal you away from your deep slumber. I went ahead for school, I hope you don’t mind...I just want to submit our report to Mr. Mortimer, he’s strict in deadlines.

Anyway, I cooked for you, hope you like it. I didn’t know what your taste-buds were craving for but I figured I cook something different. Your English romance novels helped me in hypothesizing that you’re into American culture.

I know you have many questions in your mind about me...but I promise I’ll clear things up with you soon. -Yuri

                                          
P.S. I did promise a date with you tomorrow. If you changed your mind about it, just give me a call.]



Tiffany smiled after reading the note, “Spaghetti and steak, my favorite”, but frowned when she looked at the clock, “I slept for the whole morning!”



She sighed and looked at the note, “Yuri, what are you really?”
 


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yuri peeked in the dance room; everyone seemed to be out, presumably in the concert hall preparing the stage. Only Sooyoung was inside dancing powerfully to a song.



“Sooyoung~I’ve been looking everywhere for you”, said Yuri but the taller girl just ignored her and continued to dance. After the song was done, Yuri clapped her hands and joined Sooyoung who was changing her sweaty top.

 

Yuri got a fresh towel in her bag and helped the tall girl clean up but the latter quickly took the tanned girl’s wrists and pushed her towards the wall.

 

“Ow, you don’t have to be so rough on me..” the tanned girl paused when she saw the unreadable expression of Sooyoung, she eventually found out when there was a lone tear that rolled down her cheek.

 

“Sooyoung, why are you crying?”, worriedly asked by Yuri, she wants to hold her best friend but the taller girl was preventing her from doing so.

 

Sooyoung loosened her grip and eventually let go of the girl, she shook her head and continued to give Yuri the silent treatment.

 

The tanned girl slowly hugged Sooyoung from the back, no one dared to break the silence. Yuri wanted to talk but she felt that it was not the right time.
 


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyoyeon let out a frustrated groan, “Where the hell is Damien and Sebastian?”, she eyed the tanned girl, “Where are your lovers?”

 

Yuri shrugged, “I think Sooyoung's mad at me, I tried talking to her but she pushes me away, but don't worry I know Sooyoung, things will be back to normal between us after school.", she stared at Taeyeon, “Where did my lover go?”

 

“I’m just right here”, said Taeyeon

 

Yuri had a confused look, she was refering to Jessica, she never thought that this girl can be a joker, “That’s a good idea, why not make Taeyeon sub for Jessica for today? I’m sure Taeyeon can help me.”

 

Taeyeon nodded like a child and stared at Hyoyeon with glistening eyes.

 

Hyoyeon sighed, “Fine, it’s better than doing nothing.”

 

“Yes! This could be my chance to seduce her!”, Taeyeon was very happy with the idea of kissing Yuri, though nervous, she can not let the opportunity pass.
 


Hyoyeon gave them the script for the first act. Taeyeon and Yuri brushed through them
 

“Are you that desperate to get everybody’s attention? Why is the beginning of the script saying ‘Kiss Damien passionately on the lips’?” said the tanned girl, she thought it would be a bad idea to do that with the monster, if she does, her face might come off and be shredded into pieces.

 

Hyoyeon was about to reply but the other girl beat her to it, ”I think it‘s a good idea...for now..I mean it just shows the true emotions of the characters being portrayed.”, said Taeyeon, hiding her true intention.

 

Hyoyeon nodded and smiled, ”Exactly, besides, Ms. Narsha agreed to it so you don’t have to worry about it being inappropriate in school.”

 

Yuri face-palmed herself while the other two just smirked and nodded to each other, Taeyeon just found her comrade.

 

Hyoyeon clapped, “Okay so let’s practice!”

 

“Taeyeon since your Damien, I want you to be aggressive!”, Taeyeon nodded with determined eyes, “Show her your manliness! Make her feel that you’re dominant! show her what you’re made of! you should be the one on top! bring her to ecstacy and--”

 

“We get it!” Yuri said a bit embarrassed, everyone in the concert hall was staring at them when they heard Hyoyeon’s speech of passion. Frankly, liking the idea seeing two girls making out in school.

 

Hyoyeon cleared , “Eliza, I want you to submit yourself to Damien understand?”,Yuri nodded and faced Taeyeon.

 

“But wait, are we really going to kiss?”

 

Hyoyeon pondered, “Hmm...since it’s just practice...it’s not necessary--”

 

“I don’t mind at all” quickly answered by Taeyeon. She faced the tanned girl with a charismatic smile.

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, “Another one of those Yuri fangirls I guess”, “That answers your question Yuri, now go and make out, we still have to rehearse your dialogues”

 

Yuri hesitantly took Taeyeon’s hands and placed them around her waist, “You ready?”

 

Taeyeon gulped and nervously stared at Yuri’s eyes, “Please be gentle”

 

Yuri went red from those three words, the tone of her voice seemed it wants to seduce her. She carefully cupped Taeyeon’s face and leaned in. Taeyeon slowly closed her eyes, gripping the tanned girl’s shirt.The room was awfully quiet and no one dared to breathe, perhaps fascinated by the air of seriousness between the two.

 

Yuri tilted her head to the side and gave Taeyeon a chaste kiss, she pulled away a little but Taeyeon leaned in and initiated another kiss. Yuri was surprised but she didn’t pull away, apparently liking the feel of Taeyeon’s lips.

 

After a few seconds, Taeyeon asked, “Am I desirable to you?”

 

The tanned girl squeaked a “Yes”

 

“Right answer”, and the shorter girl kissed Yuri again,this time, harder.

 

Somebody made a barfing sound, making the audience snap out from their trance and focus on the girl leaning on the door.

 

“That is such an ugly sight”, said Jessica with crossed arms.

 

Hyoyeon cleared and clapped her hands, “Wow Taeyeon, that was good acting! Eventhough those lines you just spoke were not in the script, I might just add them in.”, she looked at the blonde girl, “And you, why are you late?”

 

“I just came here to tell you that I will be doing some student council duties”, the blonde girl walked in and sat comfortably in the cushioned seat, “But I’ll stay for a few, I want to see what I’ll be doing for the first act.”

 

“Okay so you’ve seen what they just did, now, I want you to re-enact it”,said Hyoyeon while smirking.

 

“Over my dead body, I will not associate myself with a low-life ert such as that dark skinned idiot over there.”, Jessica said while looking disgustingly to Yuri.

 

Yuri glared at her and made a fist, she wasn’t in a good mood and Jessica’s insults wasn’t helping. “Yuri”, said Hyoyeon trying to stop the fuming tanned girl but the latter just shoved her away and continued to go down the stage until she was facing Jessica.  

 

Jessica scoffed at the sight of the tanned girl infront of her with angry eyes, “What are you going to do? Strangle me? Kill me? Do it then! Let’s see what your friends and parents will say when they find you in jail!”

 

“At least I have good friends and a wonderful parent! but you, you are such a spoiled brat, always thinking little of others! Your parents must’ve regretted that you existed!”

 

Yuri felt a painful slap on the cheek, she wasn’t going to let this go away, she faced the blonde girl with fury but softened when she saw the eyes of the blonde girl.

 

Jessica’s hand was still raised, her round beautiful eyes were red, stained with tears. Her eyes, it’s not anger what Yuri saw, but hurt. The blonde girl quickly turned around and ran out from the concert hall, the room went quiet again and everyone's eyes were fixed on the frozen Yuri.
 


______________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Yuri, I know Jessica’s been treating you badly but please believe me when I say that she’s really a kind-hearted person”, said Taeyeon, she was walking in the school garden with Yuri, enjoying the humming wind and the scent of flowers.

 

“Jessica and I have been friends ever since freshman year.”, Yuri was silent, still guilty about what happened, she listened to understand Jessica. “She tends to say a lot of mean things to people and even thought of blackmailing them”, Taeyeon chuckled, “but she’s a chicken,  she doen’t have the heart to do all those.”

 

Taeyeon faced Yuri, “You know why?”, the tanned girl didn’t respond with her head low, Taeyeon smiled, “It’s because she’s a beautiful person, inside and out.”

 

Yuri was walking in the hallway, deep in thought. She was ashamed that she hurt someone, “I’m such an ”, gritting her teeth she decided to run, not caring if she bumped into people. She was hurt, seeing the tears that she caused. She ran and came to halt when she was in front of the student council room.

 

The door was slammed open, taking the attention of the people in the whole room to focus on the breathless tanned girl.

 

“Yuri! what are you doing here?”

 

“Where’s Jessica?”

 

The girl had a confused look and pointed at the president’s door. Yuri quickly went inside without knocking. She sighed when she saw Jessica, curled up like a ball in one corner of the room. Jessica was startled but faced Yuri with a venomous look, “What are you doing here? Get out now!”

 

“Stand up” said Yuri but the blonde girl just scoffed and ignored her. Yuri pulled the blonde girl up without too much effort, but the latter just shoved away the pair of hands and made a distance from each other. Jessica crossed her arms and continued to glare on the tanned girl. Yuri held her wrist and pulled her out of the room.

 

“Yah! Let go me or I’ll give you a beating that you’ll never forget” said Jessica trying to shrug of the tight grip of the tanned girl. Yuri heaved a sigh and decided to carry her on her shoulder again to make things easy.

 

The student council members were amused at the sight. No one ever did that to the ice princess, only Yuri. “What was that all about?” asked by the girl in pigtails.

 

“I don’t know, but I don’t like it.”, said Sunny while crumpling a piece of paper.

 

“Yah! that’s our school’s financial account!”
 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 


“Let go of me!”, Jessica shrieked, the students had their whole attention on the duo heading for the parking lot. Yuri placed the blonde girl in the front seat and secured her seat belt. She went to driver’s seat and quickly drove away from the school.



Jessica released a frustrated sigh and looked at the unfamiliar area from the car window, “Where are you taking me? You’re going to be arrested when they found out that you kidnaped me. You’ll be charged of assault and ual harrassment on an innocent girl.”



Yuri chuckled and continued on driving. After a half an hour drive and the deafening threats of the blonde girl, they stopped in an isolated place. It was dark and very quiet, only the rustling of leaves can be heard. Jessica became scared, what are they doing in a forest?

 

“Are you going to me?”, she eyed the tanned girl angrily with a hint of fear. Yuri just smirked and every step she makes, the blonde girl takes a step back. “D-don’t come any closer!”
 


Yuri shook her head and gripped Jessica’s hand, pulling her deeper in the forest. Jessica weakly followed the tanned girl, “I swear, If you do something to me, I’ll scream really loud that you’ll end up in an ear surgeon’s ward!”



Yuri looked at her watch and smiled at the blonde girl, “Any minute now”, she said.



“What do you mean--” Jessica stopped talking when she saw

[Cue in music for a more enjoyable reading experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZnOs5Lc-wE]

 

“Lights?”



Flashes of light slowly emerged from the tall grasses. They were brilliant, much brighter than the stars . Splashes of light illuminated the darkened forest. One firefly flashed and all the other fireflies followed with a radiance of their own, almost as if they wanted to outshine each other, pulsating in a primitive, rhythmic dance of lights.



They did not just flash and then pause. They blinked for six consecutive bursts before pausing for eight eternal seconds between flashing episodes. It was magnificent, incredible, a moment of awe.



“Fireflies...They are so beautiful”, said Jessica, for a moment, she felt at peace. The fireflies, so friendly and harmless to man, danced beautifully around the two.

 

Yuri glanced at the awed Jessica, she noticed something different, “Just like you”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri blankly, she heard it but she wanted to confirm it, “What did you say?”

 

Yuri chuckled, “Nothing, I said you look better when you smile”

 

Jessica went back to her usual self and glared at Yuri, but then smiled, she was still enjoying the sight of these beautiful creatures like lanterns soaring higher up in the air.
 


Yuri pulled her slowly and went deeper into the forest, there they saw the lake. She sat down on the grass and motioned for the blonde girl to sit. Jessica sat down really far away from Yuri and stared at the beautiful scenery. They were still enjoying the silent breeze but Yuri decided to break the silence.
 

“Jessica”
 


“Hmm?”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

There was silence again.

 

“I love my parents. They are really distinguished people, respected by many.” said Jessica. Yuri faced the blonde girl giving her her full attention.

 

“My dad’s a CEO of this large corporation in England and my mom’s the vice president.”, she hugged her legs feeling the cool breeze across the lake, “They give me everything I want”, she chuckled, “clothes, shoes, cars, houses, you name it. I miss them so much, they’re in England right now and will be coming home...”, she sighed, “...I guess in a few weeks..months..or even a year.”

 

Yuri frowned and stared at the lake, “But you are very fortunate”, Jessica looked at Yuri in her peripheral, “I grew up with my father, don’t misunderstand but I was very happy growing up in his care”, she sighed, “My mom...left me right after I was born, I was angry with my dad at first but understood the situation as I grew up. My mom married a rich man in the city”, she chuckled bitterly.

 

“I guess she doesn’t want to live in a worn out house wearing wife beaters for the rest of her life.I don’t hate her because she chose to live with another man,but I felt hurt the moment she decided to cut all ties with us.”

 

Jessica nodded in understanding, feeling bad for the tanned girl, she looked up at the sky and stretched her arms, trying to reach for the moon. “When I was a child, I wanted to be an astronaut”.

 

Yuri chuckled, “The ice princess? I doubt it,  I see you as an arrogant lawyer 5 years from now, throwing insults to your enemies.”

 

Jessica glared at her and continued, “I believed if I reached the moon, then I can see all of the people in the earth...” she slowly wiped her eyes, not wanting Yuri to notice her weak side, “in that way, I can always see my parents in any parts of the world.”

 

“You know, you have a very good friend.”

 

“Who?” Jessica asked.

 

“Taeyeon”

 

Jessica smiled and nodded, she continued to stare at dancing fireflies swirling around the lake.

 

“You are the second person who I brought here, this is my sanctuary, I always go here when I feel down.”

 

“Who’s the first person before me?”

 

“My childhood friend”, Yuri smiled, “when we were eight years old, we come here every night just to catch these little creatures. We placed them in a jar and eventually release them, it was very fun.”, she faced the blonde girl, “How about you? Did you have friends back then?” Jessica  stiffened, not liking the topic.

 

Yuri sighed, “There are many people who care about you. You should learn to open up more to them.” she huffed and stood up, “You know what, I want to have some fun! I don’t want to be sad anymore!”

 

Jessica shrieked when she saw the tanned girl starting to strip, “What the hell are you doing!?”.

 

Yuri removed her last article of clothing and quickly jumped in the lake. Her head emerged from the water, “The water feels great! C’mon join me!”, she swam back towards land and stood in front of the unresponsive blonde girl.

 

Jessica blushed when she noticed that Yuri was drenched with only her bra and , she can see her s erect and the slight curve in the middle of her core. She continued to stare at her body and noticed how beautiful it looked, the glow of the moon made Yuri’s body glisten.

 

Yuri chuckled and started stripping the dazed Jessica, the latter shrieked again when she noticed she was half-dressed. The tanned girl swiftly carried her bridal style and jumped in the lake. Their heads emerged and Jessica was tightly clinging to the girl.

 

“You are so dead--” she stopped when she noticed their faces just inches away from each other. Yuri giggled, “You don’t know how to swim?”. Jessica blushed and looked away, “I do, you idiot.”

 

Yuri smiled and enjoyed the sight of the shy girl, still carrying Jessica, she fixed the girl’s hair with her free hand.

 

“Happy birthday”