It starts today!

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 10

It starts today!

 

“Dad, thanks for coming along with me. I still need help in tuning this car.”

 

Yuri and Mr. Kwon were fixing the mini cooper. It was a nice sunny day, with the crickets making sounds, the yellow flowers blooming with bees pollinating them, the grass were a lush green and daffodils were floating in mid air.

 

“No problem Yuri, but it does amaze me that this car can still work despite it coming from the junk shop.”

 

“Yeah, and you still managed to fix it. You’re an awesome electrician.”

 

Yuri is proud of her dad. He was the only one who she can rely on when her mom decided to divorce Mr. Kwon.

 

Apparently, her mother had an affair a month after Yuri was born. “I know, it , but hey, I’m satisfied growing up under my dad’s care.”

 

It was a great summer’s day and Yuri can feel the heat. Yuri wiped her sweaty forehead and looked at her body. She was so greasy and there was black oil on her face.

 

“Yuri, it’s working now,” Mr.Kwon went out of the car and patted Yuri’s shoulder.

 

“I still have to go to the repair shop. Please be careful in driving and do call me when there’s any problem okay?”

 

Yuri smiled and hugged her dad. “Thanks dad, please be careful in driving to work! I love you!” she kissed her dad’s cheek and patted his back.

 

Mr. Kwon chuckled and entered his jeep. “You be a good girl now and go home! Enjoy your weekend.”

 

“Bye! Take care!” Yuri waved her hand goodbye and sighed.

 

She looked at her mini cooper and caressed its roof. “Hey there baby, I’m sorry if I shouted at you yesterday, your mom was not in her right mind.”

 

She entered her car and started the ignition, “Let’s spend some time together alright?”

 

She relaxed she listened to Jazz music playing in the radio. She let the car windows down as she inhaled the fresh afternoon air. She drove along the boulevard and enjoyed the view of the ocean in her right. “It’s so beautiful”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Dusk came and Yuri didn’t feel like going home yet. She parked her car at the side and got out of the mini cooper.

 

“Ahh...this feels so much better.” She stretched her body and breathed the ocean air. Her body relaxed and remembered her moments with Jo Kwon.

 

“I still can’t get you out of my mind.”

 

“I HATE YOU JO KWON!” she shouted in to one but the ocean. She can hear the splashing waves on the stones.  

 

She continued to shout out her frustrations until she became exhausted.

 

Yuri decided to get back to her mini cooper but was stopped when she saw an old lady crouching, wearing a dishevelled black robe; she was carrying a black book and a long wooden stick.

 

She noticed that she was coughing and suffering a bit. Yuri didn’t think twice to go near the old lady but she once again stopped when she saw the full view.

 

There were thugs surrounding her, “She’s being picked on by these scumbags!”

 

 She ran away and immediately opened the car’s trunk to get her metal baseball bat.

 

She ran back to the old lady and stealthily hid at the bushes, “There are only five of them, this won’t be hard.”

 

“Hah...hah..” she spit her own blood to the floor and wiped , “That’s for picking on an old lady you piece of s! How low can you possibly get?!” she screamed and kicked the leader’s abdomen.

 

“W-we’re really-s-sorry!! Please don’t hurt us again!” the guy crouched and had hard time breathing. His companions on the other hand were also awfully beaten up by the batting skills of Yuri.

 

“Just go and never show your faces again!” the thugs stood up, bowed, and hastily carried their leader to a safe place.

 

“Aish those good for nothing thugs...” she looked at the crouching old lady and kneeled down beside her.

 

“Ahjumma, are you alright? Is there anything painful in your body? I can give you a ride to the hospital-“

 

“You’re so kind young lady, but I do not need any medical attention.” the old lady stood up and gave Yuri a thankful look.

 

“Well, then I should give you a ride to the nearest town at least, it’s not safe for an old lady like you to wander around these parts anymore.” Yuri held the old lady’s hands but the latter resisted shaking her head.

 

“You’re a pure hearted girl indeed but do believe me that I will be alright by myself.” Yuri sighed and gave up, “This grandma is so stubborn...”

 

“Okay, please take care of yourself ma’am.” She started to walk to her car but before Yuri can leave a gust of wind stopped her from walking, she saw a figure in her way. Her hair blocked her view because of the strong wind. She immediately brushed off the strands of hair away from her eyes to look at the mysterious figure.

 

“Ahjumma! You scared me I thought it was someone else.”

 

The old lady had a serious look and asked, “Kind lady, what do you want me to do to repay you from saving me?”

 

Yuri chuckled and said, “I don’t have any in particular though, but can you grant wishes?”

 

“I will try anything in my power to grant that wish.” the old lady calmly said opening her black book.

 

“Wow this old lady’s gone crazy.” Yuri nodded her head and played along the lady’s role of being her genie.

 

“Well then, I want nothing, except for being a boy, can you grant me that wish?"   the tanned girl chuckled upon her own impossible request, desperate of gaining the boy's love if she were a boy.

 

Yuri saw the ajhumma silently chanting a mantra from her black book. Suddenly the old lady was surrounded by a gust of wind, every second growing stronger.

 

A white light started to form a ball around the old lady.

 

"What the hell is this, ahjumma be careful!" yuri yelled out and tried to reach for the old lady’s hand, but failed.

 

“This is insane, what’s happening in here, ugghh!”Yuri kneeled down and gripped her chest.

 

It was excruciatingly painful and it became hard to breathe. “Wha..t is this...”, she closed her eyes, and darkness surrounded her.

 

 

“Wish granted” said an eerie voice.