Moving on?

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 9

Moving on?

 

 

Yuri groggily woke up from her deep slumber and slammed shut her annoying alarm clock, it said 7:30 am.

 

“School...I have to get up..” she stretched her arms and legs before going inside her bathroom.

 

She brushed her teeth and stared at herself in the mirror. “You look horrible.” It was obvious that she has been crying because of her puffy red eyes.

 

“This is all his fault.” , she sighed and went in the tub to take her shower.

 

After the long and relaxing shower she changed into her blue jumpers with only a white fitted t-shirt underneath.

 

She then checked her flip phone and was amazed by the many missed calls and text messages, one of them read:

 

[From: Soorodactyl: received 8:00pm

Yuri! Where are you? I’m already at my house. Please call me back when you get back home]

 

[From: Soorodactyl: received 8:30 pm

Hey you weren’t answering my calls, did something happen?]

 

[From: Soorodactyl: received 9:15 pm

Gosh! I called just now and your dad said you didn’t want to be disturbed! What really happened Yuri?? Tell me about it when I come visit you tomorrow..okay? Goodnight...]

 

“This girl...can be really sweet when something bad happens to me.” She felt a little better that she has a best friend like Sooyoung who cares about her.

 

“I guess I should text her back.” She replied to her bestfriend and before she can shove her phone in the front pocket of her jumpers, her phone rang loud. She looked at the screen, “Sooyoung? That was fast.”

 

“Hello Soo! I’m-“, she was cut off by that irritating pterodactyl scream again, she retracted her phone away from her ears and waited for Soo to calm down.

 

“Hello? Before you damage my eardrums again, please take a deep breath and exhale slowly...imagine  beautiful things....me in a bikini...running slowly in the beach....while shouting ‘come and get me’...”

 

Yuri waited for Sooyoung’s reply but all she heard was deep breathing, she continued to whisper in a husky voice, “And then my assets bouncing...up and down...up and down...” she can hear her breathing faster this time.

 

“ You can see me talking with guys now, with their hard rock abs, I slowly slid my hands on it and then—“ the line went dead.

 

“Oh well, I think it worked.” She picked her back pack on the bed. As she turned around, she was shocked by the presence of Sooyoung by her door.

 

“You honestly think that I, imagining you in a bikini would make myself calm down?!” Sooyoung went closer to Yuri and raised her eyebrow.

 

“I hope it did?” Yuri backed away and immediately looked at her watch.

 

“Oh look at the time! We need to go to school, we’re gonna be late if we don’t move now!” she walked past Sooyoung but was stopped by the stretched arm blocking her way out.

 

“Yuri...you know we don’t have class...it’s Saturday today...” Sooyoung chuckled and grabbed Yuri’s hand.

 

“Really?! Great... I should’ve slept longer then...” she looked at Sooyoung and noticed the worried expression in her face.

 

“Anyway, what happened to you last night? Did anything bad happen? Did I do something wrong to you yesterday?”

 

“No you didn’t.” Yuri lowered her head and remembered last night’s revelation. She decided to talk about it to her best friend since she knew about her addiction to Jo Kwon.

 

“It’s about Jo Kwon...”

 

Sooyoung perked her ears when she heard the boy’s name, her rival, “Why? What about him?”

 

“He...he’s gay..” Yuri whispered and desperately looked at Sooyoung, she wanted to find out her reaction about it. It took a few minutes for Sooyoung to process what Yuri had said.

 

“Eh? That’s it? That’s why you’re in this state??” Sooyoung had a confused and irritated look in her face.

 

“What do you mean that’s it?? He’s gay! And you know I was in love with him since forever!” Yuri shouted because her best friend’s reaction wasn’t what she was expecting. She expected her best friend to console her and make her feel better.

 

“I wished that I was the guy who he mercilessly kissed at the lamppost!” she added as she wailed and leaned her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder. “Eeeww...” Sooyoung thought and caressed Yuri’s back.

 

“Yuri, you’re so impossible, I’ve known him for three years now when I moved here in this neighbourhood, I knew immediately when I saw him doing a swagger in every boy he encounters.”

 

“Whaa..No he doesn’t! That’s just how he normally walks...” Yuri gave up and accepted the fact that her long time crush is gay. How stupid can she get? There were tons of hints that he was gay, she just didn’t dwell on them too much.

 

“Aurgh! Enough of this, I don’t want to talk about him anymore.” Yuri crossed her arms and flopped in her bed.

 

Sooyoung on the other hand was facing the window and was making weird noises, “Ahhhhh!!!!! She’s given up! She’s finally given up on that sissy boy!!”

 

Yuri noticed the weird squealing of Sooyoung and rested her head on her palm. “Hey you weirdo, what are you looking at the window?” she decided to stand up but was pushed back in the bed.

 

Sooyoung hovered above Yuri and kissed her nose, her cheeks, her eyes, and stopped at her lips. “I’m just so happy right now Yuri!!” she felt really happy and didn’t care if the girl resisted from her kisses, but Yuri didn’t. It made her even more happy and decided to kiss her lips.

 

“YUUUURRII!! DON’T FORGET TO GET YOUR CAR! THAT BABY COSTS ALOT!” Mr. Kwon shouted from downstairs.

 

Sooyoung stopped and rolled her eyes because of the interruption “I wanted to kiss her lips damnit!”, she flopped down beside Yuri and faced the ceiling.

 

“YES DAAAD! WE’LL BE COMING DOWN IN A MINUTE!” Yuri faced her best friend and smiled.

 

“I’m gonna pick up my baby today, so I’ll just talk to you later alright?” she stood up and got her tool box under her bed.

 

“And I’ll be fixing it with dad; do you want to come with us?”

 

“Nah, I have more important things to do rather than fixing your car.” Sooyoung stood up and fixed herself.

 

She went to the door and stopped, “Yuri, I love you.” She turned her head to look at the tanned girl while gripping the door knob.

 

“I love you too.” Yuri said with her charming smile.

 

“I’m glad. I won’t give up on you and I'll make you happy”