I liked it

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 30

I liked it

 

The feelings were unbelievable. Her breathing was getting heavy, her hands were gripping the fabric of Yuri’s suit as her breathing hitched up because of this new sensation.

 

Jessica’s lips quivered, still attached to Yuri’s soft lips. She dared not to open her eyes. She’s not prepared to look at Yuri’s reaction from kissing her so suddenly. But this feelings she’s been having needs answers.

 

She needed to prove to herself that this is just pure curiosity and is only a onetime thing. Every girl does something stupid to find out answers and kissing Yuri would be one of them she thought.

 

Her mind a whirl, emotions run rife, she tried to fathom her feelings. She treated Yuri as a nuisance in her life and she tried to. “What do I feel for Yuri?” A leaf in a gale was nothing compared to what she was feeling.

 

 “I can’t be...”

 

The feeling of Yuri’s lips pressed onto her own...she liked it.

 

She slowly opened her eyes when she felt that Yuri was not responding to the kiss. Jessica shivered at the thought of rejection. “Why would I be affected by it? Rejection? I’m not asking anything from her.”
 
“....”
 
“Right?”
 
 
Tears sprang to from her eyes. 
 
Was it infatuation? Or was there more? Was the affection she felt love? Was it true or was it compassion? 
 
No, a part of her was thrilled at Yuri’s attempt of making her happy for just a brief moment in December. Was that her love for her, by responding with a kiss? 
 
She thought back of her experience with her ex-boyfriend.  She had strong affection for him but was it love? 
 
“In this insane moment, could I be in love with Yuri?”
 
Within a matter of seconds, Jessica saw a series of emotions reflected in Yuri’s face and eyes—surprise, amusement, a slight tinge of embarrassment—but the strongest was the momentary flash of lust. 
 
 “Love - I don't know.”
 
 ______________________________________________________________________________________
 

Eventually, the weather went back to its winter tranquil state, signalling the residents to come out of their houses and enjoy the winter sun. Almost everyone went out to help in clearing the roads from the huge pile of snow so that the cars would be able to pass by. It is important for them since family members from other locations would need to come and visit their houses and celebrate the last days of December and New Years Eve together.

 

Yuri shivered as the cold wind blew in her direction. She hugged her body clad with winter clothes that the maids offered to her. They were nice enough to accommodate her with everything she needed during her entire stay in the Jung’s mansion under Jessica’s instructions.

 

She was grateful for having lived with them for only a day but she thought if she stayed longer, she would be in deep trouble again. “I’m a boy again.”, She mumbled and sighed in defeat. She remembered yesterday’s event so vividly. Jessica just kissed her and everything that happened afterwards went awfully awkward between them.

 

“I swear she hates me to the core but why would she do that?”

 

She blushed and shook the memories off her head. She rubbed her shoulders for heat and tightly hugged her backpack. Yuri was outside the mansion along the huge gates, waiting for a car owned by the Jungs to take her back home.

 

After  a few minutes of waiting, a car’s engine can be heard nearing the gates and the limousine went to a halt beside Yuri. The car door opened and revealed Mr. Han who opened the other side of the car. A short girl emerged and immediately hugged the shivering girl. Mr. Han acknowledged Yuri with a nod and hurriedly went to the garage.

 

“Yuri, how have you been? Are you feeling better?” said Sunny. She pouted and gently cupped the tanned girl’s cold face.

“I’m alright. They took care of me very well and Jessica’s been...nice to me.” Yuri half-smiled and looked at Jessica’s window from afar.

 

Sunny raised a brow and crossed her arms, not believing that Yuri would incorporate the word ‘nice’ to Jessica. “Really? I doubt it because the last time I know, you’ve been beaten up really bad during the rehearsals at her place.”

 

Yuri shrugged and hugged the shorter girl for warmth. Sunny gasped and smiled from the contact. She rubbed the taller girl back in a comforting manner. “Why were you waiting outside anyway? You should’ve waited inside the manion you know...you babo.”

 

Yuri hugged her tighter and buried her face to the shorter girl’s neck which made Sunny giggle because she was very ticklish and it was her weak spot. It almost made Sunny’s knees to wobble because it’s Yuri who’s holding her.

“Jessica’s moodswings, she didn’t feel like talking to me awhile ago. I tried my hardest to get her to talk to me but she kept on staring past me as if I’m invisible. So...I thought I’d finally go away from her sight.”

 

“Typical.” Sunny replied.

 

A small truck came to halt in front of the limousine and Mr. Han came out jiggling the keys in front of them. “Miss Sunny, your car is in good shape.”

 

Sunny smiled and took the car keys, she hugged Mr. Han and grab Yuri’s hand, pulling her towards her truck. Yuri looked back at Mr. Han and smiled, “Thank you for everything Mr. Han.”

 

“Likewise Miss Yuri.” He smiled and bowed to the young girls.

 

“Mr. Han...”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you tell Jessica that she needs to eat breakfast? She doesn’t look good when she’s too thin. Uh. Please relay the message and tell her that it came from me. Oh and give her a kiss for me since she helped me to recover..” Yuri grinned and waved goodbye as she entered the truck.

 

As Yuri settled in the car, she turned to her left and faced Sunny who was revving up the car. “Sunny...” she took a deep breath.

 

“Do you remember our secret place? Can we go there?”

 

Sunny eyed her and opened to say something but was cut off, “—I want to share something with you. I can’t contain these feelings anymore and you’re the other person who I trust the most. I need someone like you to listen to me. I was hoping if you could give me some advice about the matter.”

 

Many thoughts and assumptions floated in Sunny’s mind but she just smiled and nodded her head in agreement as she saw Yuri’s serious face.

 

“Sure, no problem.”

 

Mr. Han waved goodbye to the retreating car and heartily laughed. “These kids are just so charming.” As he entered the mansion, he went to find Jessica and was surprised to her sitting on the dining chair...eating breakfast. It was odd, she always skips breakfast in the mansion.

 

“Good morning Miss Jessica, how have you been? I just saw Miss Yuri depart with Miss Sunny with her truck.”

 

Jessica nodded and lazily ate her steak with the side of greens. She plopped a piece in and dumbly stared at Mr. Han.

 

“You started to eat breakfast again, I’m delighted to see you eat this much in the morning. Please continue eating our chef’s cooking.” He smiled like a father and wore his apron to get back to his work in the mansion. A maid entered and smiled at the sight of the princess eating her greens.

 

“Miss Jessica, how do you find Miss Yuri’s cooking?”

 

Mr. Han stopped from what he was doing and carefully eyed his master.

 

“They’re lovely, I like it.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taeyeon walked in town as the clicking of her high heeled boots can be heard. In the pocket of her stylish white winter jacket, she took out a piece of paper and written on it was the address of a small coffee shop.

 

“I guess this is the place.” She sighed and opened the wooden door of the store. The place was pretty empty, normal around these times, very fitting for people who are into quiet places to just read a novel with a cup of coffee on the table.

 

A tall girl with an angelic face approached her. She bowed and smiled beautifully as she gave Taeyeon the menu. Her eyes and everything about her showed beauty that would intimidate any girl she encounters.

 

“Good morning Miss, may I get your order?”

 

Taeyeon snapped out from her thoughts and returned the smile. “I’ll get the best latte that you have.”

 

The girl giggled and wrote something on her notepad. “Alright, thank you. Please wait for a few minutes.” the girl bowed and made her way back to the counter.

 

Taeyeon continued to stare at the girl working at the counter. She studied her face and movements and something clicked into her mind. “That’s it. She really resembles someone I know...” Tall, beautiful, and a nice figure. I think she’s—“

 

The bell chimed along the cafe door, indicating the cafe workers that there’s a new customer. Taeyeon shifted her attention to the newcomer and made a fist. Her stomach churned a bit and nervousness creeped up.

 

“I have to listen to her side of the story...”

 

The newcomer waved at Taeyeon and slowly walked towards her table.

 

“Besides, everyone deserves a second chance.”

 

“Hey you, we meet again.”