Playing games

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 35

Playing games

 

After Haeyeon released her from the dreaded chair by untying the ropes and unlocking the cuffs,“Thank god they haven’t forgotten about me.”, she shamefully bowed in apology.

 

“Jessica unnie said I should say sorry. So sorry.” she mumbled without looking at the older girl’s eyes.

 

Yuri placed her hands on her waist, showing her displeased face. She was about to begin her lecture on how to respect the elderly- I mean the people older than her but she was cut off by the younger girl.

 

“Just so you know, I did this for Taeyeon unnie. I heard everything. And I just want to say that you’re a moron. Nonetheless, I’m glad that you’re not going to be my sister in law.” She hastily said the last one. She bowed again before briskly walking out.

 

Yuri gaped at the retreating figure, “Kids these days.”, she tried to fix her wrinkled clothes before going out from hell’s kitchen.

 

As soon as she reached the living room, she slapped her hands on her cheeks with her eye bulging out. was not attractive when she made a huge “o” shape.

 

She felt the invisible collar again, getting tighter. was getting dry. She wanted to scream but that would be embarrassing since Jessica’s inside the house and she definitely wouldn’t risk showing them her weak side.

 

So she suppressed it. Not until the feline from Haeyeon’s lap lazily raised her fuzzy tiny head to look at the new comer. Haeyeon on the other hand was just sitting on the couch watching television, occasionally brushing MacAodhgáin’s soft hair.

 

Yuri flinched but remained her expression while sweating profusely.

 

Jessica just finished a call from her cell phone as soon as she saw Yuri coming out from the kitchen. She knit her brows when she saw her ridiculous expression; she thought she might be in pain.

 

She casually stood up and carried her cat away from the Haeyeon’s lap, who was still concentrated on watching a romance drama.

 

Jessica slowly approached the stiff girl, all the while raising a questioning brow.

 

“Kwon, are you okay? You look like a Van Gogh.”

 

With every approaching step from the blonde girl, Yuri stepped back until she hit the wall. She looked everywhere except for the yawning cat in Jessica’s arms.

 

Yuri raised her arms to make a stop sign, a cross, and a death sign. Jessica got annoyed from the weird behaviour, heavily sighing, she made a stop.

 

The tanned girl sighed in relief and carefully peeked at the cat. That was weird, she’s not in rage. The cat yawned once again and rubbed her head on Jessica’s comfy bosom. 

 

“Tch. Lucky-two-faced-creature!”

 

It was a good sign so she made a run upstairs and went to the bathroom.

__________________________________________________________________________

[Play: Kiss me by G.NA]

 

Yuri sighed at the reflection on the mirror.

 

Her face has gotten red from all the scrubbing. She has been removing the permanent marker with soap but it still stayed like a second skin.

 

She scowled at the thick brows, moustache and the cat whiskers on her face.

 

“That’s probably why Mcdonalds didn’t attack me.”

 

Knock knock

 

“Kwon, may I come in?”

 

“Do you have your cat with you?”

 

“No, would that be a problem?”

 

“Uh...just come in, without the cat please.”

 

Jessica peeked from the door before fully entering the bathroom.

 

“Why didn’t you carry my cat? She’s so adorable but you just made these weird signs.”

 

“I’m just allergic to them.” said Yuri without meeting Jessica’s eyes.

 

“Oh you should’ve told me...”

 

There was an awkward silence. Jessica bit her lip as she crossed her arms over chest. Squeezing her arms, she was trying hard not to look at Yuri’s eyes for too long so she decided to get busy by looking at her nails.

 

Yuri just stood there dumbfounded. She found it cute that Jessica was acting shy around her. Her heart suddenly thumped faster and felt her hands starting to sweat.

 

Wanting to get back into a comfortable zone, she faked a cough, “So, what are you doing here?”

 

Jessica snapped out from her thoughts, also surprised and at a loss for a moment.

 

“Y-yes, I just wanted to check on you since you know...you were acting weird.” When she finally looked up at the younger girl’s face, she almost laughed but was able to suppress it.

 

“I can’t take you seriously when you look like a cartoon-faced tomato.” she added.

 

Yuri raised her hands in defeat, “I can’t take it off. Can you believe what that kid has done? I think she’s a carbon copy of you.”

 

“What does that suppose to mean?! You made it sound like it’s a bad thing.” Jessica was flustered as she grumpily went closer to the tanned girl.

 

Yuri gasped and mentally face palmed herself, how could she forget that this girl has a short temper. She once again stepped back until she felt the sink hit her waist.

 

“C-calm down Jessica, I didn’t mean it. It was a joke!” she nervously said as she placed her hands protectively at her own body.

 

The blonde girl stood an inch away from her. Yuri was expecting a blow, sensing that the older girl’s hand is approaching her head. She closed her eyes, waiting for the hit as she caught a whiff of the older girl’s strawberry perfume.

 

But nothing came; instead, she heard a clicking sound behind her. She slowly opened her eyes only to see Jessica’s hand rummaging through a mirrored cabinet attached to the bathroom wall.

 

It contained small bottles, mouthwash, toothbrushes, medicines, and several different beauty products.  Jessica smiled when she grabbed a bottle of nail polish remover. She showed it to Yuri but the girl just raised her brow in return.

 

“But I don’t have any nail polish on me... “ Yuri looked at her nails, “I don’t even know how to apply one.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and lightly hit the girl’s head with the bottle. “Pabo, it’s for you to remove the black marks on your face.”

 

“Eeeehhh?! But how?”

 

“God you’re hopeless. I’ll do it for you.”

 

Jessica dabbed a cotton ball on the nail polish remover and gently placed it on Yuri’s face, so focused on rubbing away the marks on her face.

 

It struck Yuri how their faces were so close to each other, just like the last time. And yet she was surprised that the princess offered her help to clean her face. She gulped as she looked down.

 

The blonde girl wore fashionable winter boots and a very short, almost silky turquoise dress decorated with sequins. She managed to look away from the smooth milky legs but then landed on her cleavage. “Wow.” Seeing them up close made her hot. Her eyes continued to scan up, towards the neckline, jaws, stopping at Jessica’s moist lips.

 

Yuri mindlessly her own lips as she stared at her kissable lips, her straight nose, and then her beautiful eyes that stared back at her.

 

The tanned girl would’ve flinched but she didn’t. This was a different look. The one that she saw in the Daniel Henney escapade. But then she can’t quite figure out what it meant. She was giving her mixed signals? Whatever it is, she just can’t assume anything since Jessica has a personality disorder, she thought.

 

The feeling of exhilaration went away when she felt pain on her face. The blushing Jessica has been rubbing her face with much pressure now, but still hypnotized at the younger girl’s eyes.

 

“Ow-ow...Ow! yah, I’m not getting any whiter from that.”

 

“You were being a ert...checking me out.”

 

“Pfft. No I wasn’t. Why would I.” She countered, avoiding the older girl’s piercing eyes.

 

Scoffing, Jessica pushed Yuri’s face away and cleaned her hands.

 

“Don’t forget to wash your face with soap—Oh my god! Blood, You’re bleeding!”

 

“What?” Yuri immediately faced the mirror. She raised her head up to prevent her nose from bleeding further.

 

Jessica handed her some tissues and Yuri thanked her before placing them on her nose.

 

“That’s bad practice. It’s not the way to do it.” she said as she lowered Yuri’s head with both hands.

 

“ Lean forward and pinch your nostrils.”

 

The younger girl widened her eyes when she came nearer to Jessica’s full s. She felt more blood coming out from her nose.

 

“You’re not helping at all.”

 

Jessica raised her brow and finally moved away, embarrassed. “Such a ert.”

 

A sudden knock brought the attention of the two girls to the door.

 

“Unnie! What’s taking you so long? Is she still alive?”, without waiting for a reply, Haeyeon opened the door and peeked inside. MacAodhgáin entered with confident strides, looking for her master.

 

There was heavy silence when MacAodhgáin stared at Yuri. And it took a second for Yuri to take her defensive stance with her suction cupped wooden stick in hand when she saw the cat’s sharp nails.

 

MacAodhgáin growled at Yuri, giving her a deathly glare. Yuri shakily smirked, “Never Again.”, she tried her best to show a scary face by giving her a mean eye.

 

Haeyeon snorted, “Eye disease.”

 

Jessica on the other hand was surprised by her baby’s action. She hasn’t seen this kind of behaviour from her pet. She gasped when she heard Yuri’s war cry. Her jaw almost dropped to the floor when her cat jumped like a ninja and cling to Yuri’s crotch area.

 

Haeyeon was laughing hard at the scene.

 

Jessica shocked frozen.

 

Yuri screamed in pain, playing hopscotch.

 

MacAodhgáin, having the time of her life by playing fruit ninja.

 

“Gaaahhh!! I can’t take this anymore! I’m going to eat you!” she bit the cat’s back and stood victoriously, never caring that she has cat hair stuffed in . An idea popped up in her mind as soon as she saw the bathtub.

 

Yuri’s eyes burned and quickly turned the faucet to let water fill the tub.

 

“Mwahahaha! Revenge is sweet!”

 

That’s when Jessica thought that Yuri has lost her mind. She quickly made big steps towards them as she prepared her fists.

 

“Kwon Yuri, stop right there!”

 

Yuri didn’t have to react when she saw a fist fast approaching. The next thing she knew, she went out of air and her head went straight to the tub.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Again, Yuri woke with a searing headache. She opened her eyes to what seemed a piercing light. She immediately screwed her eyes closed again. Her head rocked with pain. With her eyes screwed up tight, it slowly came back to her. She could see her fist hurtling toward her, and crashing into her side temple.

 

She had been knocked out, again. She trembled at the very thought of it. A hand her cheek as though cooling her.

 

Then she became conscious of a heavy weight on her stomach. She needed to see what it was, so she opened her eyes. She shivered with fear by what she saw. Jessica was sitting on her stomach, her face calm and unmoving, while her eyes stared down at her.

 

Then she recollected that it was Jessica who had punched her head so hard as to put her lights out. His eyes spoke of guilt and worry. She sighed heavily and shut her eyes again.

 

It must have been six times, that she opened my eyes, met her, shuddered, and closed her eyes again, while she battled for consciousness. Somebody came, Haeyeon, and placed a cold damp cloth on Yuri’s forehead which felt good.

 

Then Jessica's voice. "Are you okay?" she asked.

 

"Of course I'm not okay," she growled. Now her eyes were fully open, though her breathing was fitful.

 

"Just lay there and be quiet" she said, "You’ll feel better soon. Either shut your eyes, or look at me." This was another surprise. It’s either she’s dreaming or Jessica’s being bold.

 

There was little else she could do, since she had planted herself in such a way that she dominated her view if she opened her eyes. Yuri closed them for a while longer.

 

After a while she opened them permanently. Jessica has a very attractive face. Clear-cut lines, beautiful eyes, gracious plentiful lips, a perfect proportion of all the facial parts, a neck which was slightly more prominent than most but only enhanced her naturally attractive looks. Above all else, her face bore the look of an authoritative, demanding woman. A woman of strong self-will, who was accustomed to getting what she wanted.

 

“Jessica, why are you sitting on my stomach?”

 

“Oh .” She immediately, almost reluctantly, went to the side of the bed and cleared .

 

“You were sweating and moving a lot, I had a hard time cleaning your face with a wet towel.”

 

“So I had to settle you with my weight.” She added as she blushed in embarrassment.

 

Yuri chuckled at the sight, she smiled at Haeyeon, “Thank you for bringing a towel for me.”

 

Haeyeon pouted, “It’s because Jessica unnie told me to.”, and retreated the guest bedroom.

 

Jessica sighed, “For you information, she’s really a nice girl if you get to know her more. Better than Taeyeon actually. I just don’t know why she’s rough towards you since it’s just your first time meeting each other.”

 

Yuri nervously laughed, “Is that so? Maybe she doesn’t like my skin color.” She looked at the alarm clock at the bedside table and gasped when it was almost midnight. “But anyway, have you guys eaten dinner?”

 

“Yes, we heated the food that you cooked for her in the microwave. It tasted good.”

 

Yuri sighed, “That’s good. I’m supposed to be the best nanny. Now look at me, I’m so useless. You have to steal all the glory.”

 

Jessica giggled at the childish act, “But you cooked the food so you have huge points for that.”

 

The tanned girl smiled as she admired Jessica’s laughter. It then dawned on her that Jessica’s in Taeyeon’s place. She knew that they’re good friends but why would she come to her house when she could just contact the girl.

 

“So umm...were you looking for Taeyeon?”

 

“No, she called me, worried that you can’t handle Haeyeon.” she chuckled, “Good thing I came huh?”

 

“What?! Then why didn’t she call you to be her nanny instead of me?” Yuri continued to mumble.

 

“She knew I had a business event this evening. But I got bored so I escaped it and texted Taeyeon, hence, figured that Haeyeon’s alone with ert Yuri.”

 

“Oh...wait, a ert?! How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not!” Yuri’s helpless fits made her head ache, she touched her swollen temple and glared at the smirking Jessica.

 

“Why do you always enjoy beating people up? Aurgh it hurts.”

 

Jessica’s worried look went back as she inched closer to Yuri’s face, “For the record, you brought this to yourself.”, she gently placed a cold towel on her temple.

 

“It hurts so baaaad. Aww.” Yuri faked a groan, she enjoyed seeing the worried look on her face.

 

The older girl panicked and stood up, “Wait here! I’ll get more ice!”

 

But Yuri held onto her wrist, “No, I don’t need any more ice. There’s just one thing that can make this feel a lot better.” she continued to exaggerate a painful groan.

 

“Come closer” she breathed heavily.

 

Jessica complied and leaned closer and Yuri whispered,

 

“I want a kiss on my oo.”

 

The blonde girl pulled away and hastily stuffed a pillow on Yuri’s face.

 

The tanned girl laughed while poking at the glaring girl’s tummy, “Gahaha! Come on, it will heal faster with a kiss. It worked for me when I was a child.”, she wiggled her brows up and down and continued to poke while Jessica tried hard to swat away the annoying finger.

 

“Ehem”

 

Haeyeon was standing by the door, with a blank expression. “I’m bored. Can you guys play with me downstairs?”

 

The blonde girl knit her brows as she looked at the alarm clock and then the tanned girl. Yuri nodded her head, “It’s late but only for a few minutes, okay?”

 

Haeyeon did a fist pump and smiled cheekily, “I’ll go prepare the console now!” and skipped away.

 

“But it’s late already, Taeyeon will not like that.”

 

Yuri stood up and ruffled the older girl’s hair before leaving the room, “Don’t be such a party pooper, it’s going to be fun! Come on let’s go and join her.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, clearly not pleased, “If Taeyeon finds out, all the blame goes to you, got that?”

 

“Whatever, party pooper.”

__________________________________________________________________________

 

Fortunately, Haeyeon warmed up to Yuri when she kept on winning on the fighting game that they’re currently playing in the living room. The tanned girl was secretly letting the girl win by doing less pressing of buttons on the controller. Haeyeon would often nudge Yuri’s controller away from her grasp.

 

Jessica sat at the single coach, her feet tugged in her legs, elbow resting on the armchair, and her head resting on her palm. She giggled and shook her head when she saw the disappointed face that Yuri makes every time she losses.  Haeyeon would always jump up and down on the coach in every win while saying ‘loser’ to the sulking Yuri.

 

Her smile widened when she saw Yuri doing a tickle fight against Haeyeon. The little girl had fits of laughter and was doing her best to evade Yuri’s hands. It was nice to see to them finally getting along.

 

Jessica sighed as she stared at Yuri’s face, “Why do I always see you when I close my eyes?”, she closed her eyes and breathed in, she can still see Yuri’s face.

 

 She opened them again, slowly breathing out, she blushed when she saw Yuri staring at her, with her usual charming smile.

 

“That smile, I don’t want to see them again.”

 

Yuri shushed her and pointed at a sleeping Haeyeon.

 

“I’ll carry her to her room.”she whispered. Jessica nodded and went upstairs with them, she opened the door and checked if her cat’s still sleeping.

 

“Clear. Your number one enemy is sound asleep.”

 

Yuri playfully pushed Jessica with her shoulder and went inside. She carefully placed the little girl to bed and tucked her inside the comfort. She smiled as she brushed her hair away from sleeping girl’s face.

 

“Just like an angel.” she said softly and looked up at Jessica.

 

“You’re good at children. Jessica’s going to be a good wife after all.” she added with a grin.

 

The blonde girl scoffed but secretly smiled.

 

Both of the girls went downstairs and sat at the coach with only a distance away from each other. Heaving a sigh, they looked at the wall clock at the same time.

 

“It’s a quarter before midnight. I’m worried for Taeyeon.”

 

“Me too, we should call her.” Yuri scratched her head, “I’m also worried for myself.” She thought. Midnight’s fast approaching and it’s a risk for her to transform when Jessica’s in the same room.

 

They both stood up facing each other; Jessica accidentally dropped her phone on the wooden floor while the tanned girl noticed her own ped pants. She quickly zipped it up but Jessica hastily bent down to get her phone, and in the process gets her hair stuck in the zipper.

 

“Ouch! Hey! What did you do?!” Jessica shrieked as she tried to pull away from Yuri’s pants.

 

The tanned girl panicked, “Gaah, hold on, I’m going to it here-“

 

“Ow! No! It hurts!”  Jessica placed her hands on the tangled hair to lessen the pain.

 

“Ah! Scissors! There’s one over there, I’ll get in from the table.” Yuri placed her right hand on the blonde’s head to keep her in place while her left hand tried to reach for the scissors. She leaned a bit forward and smiled when she got it.

 

“Hurry up!”

 

“Okay okay!”

 

“Ahh! Stop moving too much!”

 

The front door opened and the both of them stopped their movements.

 

Taeyeon dropped her keys while Sunny dropped her shopping bags, both clearly shocked at the sight in front of them.

 

Yuri frantically shook her head and waved her hands.

 

“Oww, stop moving will you?! I can’t finish if you’re moving too much.” Jessica tried to untangle her hair by carefully ping Yuri’s pants. The ping sounds can be clearly heard. Taeyeon’s face grew hot while Sunny made a fist as she glared at Yuri.

 

“I-it’s not what you think-“

 

“Yuri! Get her off away from your crotch!”

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

After a few minutes and a few clearing of misunderstandings later, Jessica’s hair was good to go. Yuri hugged Taeyeon and bid Jessica good bye. She decided to take a cab with Sunny since it’s already late.

 

Sunny has been awfully quiet while waiting for the taxi cab. Yuri sighed and playfully nudged her waist with her elbow. “Hey, are you mad? If you are then I’m sorry. I promise I won’t do it again.”

 

Sunny still ignored her, many questions filled her mind, “Why was Yuri at Taeyeon’s house? Did Taeyeon lie to me? Why the hell was Jessica there?” and so on.

 

“Sunny, I don’t want to see you frowning.”she placed her index fingers at the ends of Sunny’s lips and pushed them up. “I want a bright Sunny, my energy pill. So smile.”

 

“Please?” Yuri added as she flashed her charming smile that she liked so much.

 

She can’t resist anymore and was about to show her brightest smile but a car pulled over and the driver’s window pulled down.

 

“Hello kids, can I have the pleasure on giving you a ride home?” an old man said with a toothy grin.

 

The girls smiled at Mr. Han’s presence, “It’s a good offer. But...” Yuri looked at the back seat and saw Jessica playing with her ipad. “Is Jessica okay with it?”

 

Mr. Han chuckled, “Of course, she’s the one who asked me to offer you girls a ride home. She’s just shy in asking you directly.” He whispered.

 

“Thank you Jessica-shi!”, the girl nodded still focused on her ipad.

 

The ride home was so quiet, except for the radio playing in the car. Yuri was seated between Jessica who has been playing temple run while Sunny had her head on her right shoulder.

 

There was a moment when Jessica “accidentally” kicked her left leg when Sunny snuggled closer at Yuri’s chest while making circles on her lap with her index finger.

 

The second one was when Sunny was dropped off first and gave Yuri a quick peck on her right cheek and said good night. After that, she “accidentally” elbowed her chest.

 

She slowly moved away from Jessica , who is still playing with her ipad, keeping a safe distance. Yuri looked at the familiar houses from her car window, she’s almost home. She checked her watch, “And almost turning.”

 

She tucked her hands inside the pockets of her coat and felt her cell phone. Unlocking it, she widened her eyes when she saw two text messages, both sent at the same time and conveying almost the same message.

 

[From: Your Beautiful Angel: 11:00 pm

   Are you still up? I miss you. Can we meet up before Christmas eve? I have something important to say to you. Ring me up soon. ]

 

[From: Soorodactyl: 11:oo pm

            We need to talk. ASAP. I’m going to your house later.]

 

She frowned at the messages, what do they want to say to me?

 

The car pulled over in front of Yuri’s house, she quickly bowed to Jessica and Mr. Han before going out.

 

“Thank you so much for the ride home. Please take care.” Bowing once again, she made her way to the front door.

 

She fumbled for her keys in her pants pocket. It has gotten really cold outside. She shakily inserted the key in the keyhole but she stopped when she felt a gloved hand on her shoulder.

 

She turned around only to see a shivering Jessica. The blonde girl bit her lip before leaning closer to Yuri’s face.

 

Yuri widened her eyes. Jessica almost touched her lips with hers but decided to plant a gentle kiss on the younger girl’s temple.

 

When she pulled away, her cheeks blushed and looked everywhere except for the stunned Yuri.

 

“I forgot to say sorry. I’m sorry for the bruise. I hope it heals soon.” she stuttered and briskly walked towards the car.

 

Yuri still had open, suddenly feeling warm.

 

A/N: Another long and boring chapter :3 Thank you for the feedback my lovely readers! See you soon for the next update! <3