Clubs are fun! :)

Pentagon Love

 

Chapter 5

Clubs are fun!

 

[Dance room]

 

The door opened loudly and the dancing members stopped momentarily to greet the newcomer.

 

“I’m sorry..ha..I’m..late..hah..” Yuri panted and wiped her sweaty forehead with the sleeves of her jacket.

 

“Yuri! You’re 15 minutes late! You know we need you for the routine on the upcoming joint project of the performing arts. Plus, we still have the interschool competition to worry about!” Sooyoung said in a rushed and angry tone but stopped when she saw a red mark on the girl’s cheek.

 

“What happened to your cheek?” Yuri hissed in pain when she felt the contact of Sooyoung’s cold hand on her cheek.

 

“It’s nothing, I slapped myself when I saw a big fly. Unfortunately without thinking I squished it and goo—“

 

“I get it, spare me the details”. Sooyoung showed a disgusted face. “I wouldn’t want to kiss that side of her cheek for today.” She changed her stance and crossed her arms. “Why are you late again?”

 

“I missed you? And I needed time to fix myself?”, Yuri approached her tall friend and kissed her on the cheeks. Sooyoung stood there not affected by the gesture. She was used to it. Having been best friends for a long time now but deep down she’s happy she has this kind of contact with her

 

 “Uh-huh, you came to fix yourself but..” she paused and looked at the girl’s dirtied pants, “You’re a mess, are you that energetic to play in a puddle?”

 

Yuri was confused and looked down, “Oh this...some car just drove by and splashed mud on me. I’ll just tell you more about it when we get home”. She sighed and looked at Sooyoung with pleading eyes, asking her to accept her excuse.

 

“I love you.”, Yuri added then grinned widely.

 

“I love you too”. Sooyoung thought and smacked the brunette’s head.

 

“You can’t get away from this Yuri, you’re in charge of cleaning this room after practice.” With that said, Yuri bowed her head and sighed again.

 

“Oh Soo! I forgot to tell you, I came here to school without my car, I just hitched a ride with some girl and left the mini cooper. I’ll be getting it tomorrow morning though. I’m sorry.”

 

“I’ve been apologizing to a lot of people today, Am I that bad?”. Yuri pondered and looked at Sooyoung’s face.

 

“It’s cool, we can just ride the bus like the old times.” Sooyoung replied and then grinned, “I can’t pleasure you though, you don’t have your car with you.”, Sooyoung wanted to ask more about why Yuri ended the call with her this morning but decided to question her later when they get back home.

 

“Wait, what did you just say Soo?” Hyoyeon butted in overhearing the discussion however the tall girl went to the other side of the room to start the music.

 

“Hey Hyo! It’s nothing, just something we do every day. If it’s Soo you’re doing it with, you’ll get to sleep very satisfied.” Yuri smiled at the now shocked girl.

 

Hyoyeon wanted to ask more about the relationship of the two girls but the booming of the sound system took the attention of the dance club members.

 

“Places guys! We only have three weeks left to prepare for the interschool competition plus the joint project with the clubs of the performing arts department so we’ll be very busy, let’s all give our best!”.

 

[Glee club]

 

“Jessica, how are you? Who’s the brave ert who abused the ice princess?” the short girl asked with a worried expression.

 

“Me? Gorjess as always. The ert? I don’t know that jerk’s name, but it was obviously a girl.” Jessica nonchalantly said. “

 

 “Huh? A girl?! “ Taeyeon stifled a laugh. Why did you ask? Despite a handful of boys from their brother school sneaking around campus to spy on her, every girl in this school wouldn’t dare to mess with a Jung. Let alone harass her physically. Jessica is very popular with high grades in the physical department but not so satisfactory with the attitude department.

 

Rumors say that there was once a girl who fell in love with the ice princess. The blonde however got ticked off because of all the stalking and the numerous love letters on her locker. After that, Taeyeon haven’t heard of the girl ever since the incident, there were rumours that Jessica’s family banned the poor girl from studying in the University, some say otherwise.

 

Taeyeon did ask Jessica about the matter but the latter just gave an “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” and resumed on reading her book. Taeyeon just shivered from the many possibilities that the Jungs can do just to satisfy this ice princess. She doesn’t even know how she was able to survive being friends with this Jung.

 

“Are you sure that girl ‘harassed’ you?” Taeyeon asked once again. She thought that a guy from their brother school had entered the department and took a glimpse of the popular ice princess, it happens a lot. She shrugged the thought away and decided to give Jessica the song sheets in order to not waste anymore time.

 

“Of course she did, do you think I’d lie about that matter? I don’t even want anyone to touch me. Not unless he’s my prince charming”. The blonde said with a confident look and started vocalizing for the mock performance later.

 

Taeyeon shook her head, still not believing what she just heard. “I hope that girl doesn’t get into too much contact with Jessica...wait..maybe she’s a new student. Yeah, that’s why she was careless enough to bother Jessica.”

 

“Taeyeon come on! You’re spacing out too much, that’s my job not yours.”

 

“Hmph, I’m glad you’re aware of that. You should improve your performance during practice and maybe I’d pass a good report about you to the supervisor.” Taeyeon said with her chin up, taking advantage of her position in the glee club.

 

“You wouldn’t even dare to just give me a passing mark.” Jessica glared at the short girl, “The glee club president would be wise enough to give me the high marks right?” she continued to eye her and raised her eyebrow.

 

Taeyeon shivered but masked her fear; she doesn’t want to get in the bad side of Jessica’s list. “Dam* it, she’s black mailing me again, I can’t tolerate this anymore in the future.”

 

“I know, just show up in the clubroom during practice hours and you’d get what you want.” Taeyeon placed the microphone in front of her and started singing a ballad.

 

[Dance club]

 

“Haa...that’s a good work out.” Yuri laid her sweaty body on the floor. Sooyoung approached the girl with a water bottle and face towel in her hands. She sat beside the exhausted girl and opened her water bottle for a drink but a hand swiftly took it from her grasp

 

“What are you doing? That’s mine, go get your own!”

 

Yuri moved back and slapped away Sooyoung’s hands and drank the water with one big gulp.

 

“Oh my god, she just indirectly kissed me!” Sooyoung thought as she blushed a deep red.

 

“Aaah...thanks Soo.” She gave back the water bottle but Soo just stared at it and gave her a glare.

 

“Yikes, even Soo has such a scary glare”