Chapter Twenty Nine

She is my Queen!!!
"Ha-choo!!! " The Queen sneezed... The King hurriedly turned to looked at her. He pulled her close to him. "Did you catch a cool on your way here?" She shook her head a little. "I'm fine, just a little cold." "Wear this." He took of the coat she put on him, and wrapped it around her. "I'm fine, you should wear it." She took the coat off. "Can't you just listen to me?!!!" His voice raised without his conscious. "Kim Jong Kook! You just promised you will not be angry at me! If you give the coat to me, then what about you? You are the one really sick here." The King let out a sighed, he pointed to the bed at the back. "Get on the bed and took off your clothes." "Wha...What?!!! Get on the bed?!!!" She pulled her clothes tighter to her. "What... What did you plan to do?" The King laughed a little at her reaction. He knocked her head gently with his knuckles. "What I meant was letting you get ride of your wet clothes there in the bed, and use the blanket to warm yourself up. You will not want to take your clothes here right?" She stick her tongue out of embarrassment. "Go on... I still have some works I need to finish here." He turned back to the pile of documents on the desk. The Queen smile happily as she sat on the warmed comfy bed. But as her attention goes to the men who was coughing hard sitting by the desk alone, a frown appeared between her brows. "Kim Jong Kook, can you stop working now?" The King turned to looked at the Queen with a gentle smile. "Why?" "I'm bored, can you come have a little talk with me?" The King put down the document and walked towards her with a playful evil grin. "Song Ji Hyo, are inviting me?" "What are you thinking? I just want to have some talks with you sinceI'm bored being here alone!!! ERT!!!" He let out a little laugh and sat on the little space beside her. She moved a little to gave him more space. She patted on the space beside her. "Sit here." "Song Ji Hyo, are you sure you are not inviting me?" She was annoyed, but decided just played along with him. "Will you accept on my invitation then?" She looked at him matching the playful evil grin on his face. The King shook his head and moved to the space she offered him. He pulled her into his embrace with his back against the head board of the bed. Surprisingly she didn't pushed him away. She make herself comfortable in his embrace and let out a happy sighed. She inhaled his comforting scent. 'I never thought it will be feel this good to lay in his embrace.' She thought. After a while of just sitting there in a comfortable silent, she decided to started some conversation. She was curious about some things anyway. "I heard that the third Prince decided to betrayed on us?" "It's true. Jae Suk Hyung is investigating about it now." A deep frowned appeared on his face. He really didn't have any thoughts on how he was supposed to solved this things out. "But why? Aren't him your younger step brother?" "Brother? Unfortunately, he had never thought of me as his brother... " The Queen didn't like the sad and worried on the King's face as he said this. So she decided to changed the topic. "Let's don't talk about this anymore. What about I tell you a joke?" She just wanted him to be relaxing at the moment. It sure does work. The King looked down at her with a soft smile. "You can also tell jokes?" "Of course!!!" "Go on then. I'm listening..." He put on his interested face. She pulled herself out of his embrace, turning to be face to face with him. "Here I go. One day a dog was burying something in the ground. Just as the dog finished covered it back, a few a other dogs came. They wanted the bone that the dog buried in the ground, so the dog told then, 'You will never get it even if you search thru all the area here.' So the other dogs asked 'Why?' Guess what the dog answered them?" "What does the dog answered them?" "Yah! You didn't even try to make a guess! What is the point if I'm the only one doing all the works here?!!!" She complained, felt unsatisfied with the King. Can't talked over her, he agreed to took a guess. "Fine, fine, fine. I'll think about it." But after a few moment he still shook his head at her, gave up. "Ji Hyo ah, why don't you just tell me, I really can't guess it out. " She looked at him with a proud smile. "I knew you can't guess it. The dog said, 'Because I already ate it. I was only burying my poop early.' Hahaha... Aren't it funny?" The King gaze at her lovingly. He found out, no matter how awful his mood was, it would always got better after he spent time with her. He pinched on her nose gently. "Only you can think of a cold joke like this." "I didn't think it out, I read it in a jokes book before. " "Jokes book? What is it? I've never heard of this kind of book before. " "Umh... It is..." She mentally scolded herself. How could she forgot that this kind of book didn't existed in this era?!!! "Well actually, you are right. I'm the one that think it out. So, how is it? It's funny right? " "Yes, yes it is dear..." Even if her joke was not funny, he would still said it's funny anyway. "If you like it, I'll come here to tell you jokes everyday... So you will not be sad like before again. " "Even if you didn't tell me jokes, I'll still be happy as long as you are by by side. " He said looking at her with a loving gaze. The Queen was kind of taken aback by the King's sudden confession. She didn't knew how she was supposed to acted on it. She laughed awkwardly. "I... I'm kind if a little bit tired already. I'm want to sleep now, let's continue this conversation tomorrow." She laid down on the bed with her back to him. He knew she was trying to run away from the topic again. But he wouldn't forced her if she didn't wanted to talked about it. He was willing to gave her time. Even if it's meant his entire life. The Queen didn't went to sleep as she had laid down, instead she was staying up late because of the guiltiness in her head. 'Kim Jong Kook, I'm so sorry, please forgive me. I didn't meant to hurt you. I just still didn't have enough courage to give you my heart now.' She thought with silence cry. She understood it very well the things that a King's women have to went thru. You are in heaven today and you could be in hell by tomorrow. This was a King's women fate. She didn't wanted to be one of them. Even thought he love her now, but would it last for eternity? Wasn't Lady Eun Hye was the best example? She didn't wanted to be the second Lady Eun Hye. But she was fully aware that her heart was slowly being in to this situation. Every time she saw a frown on his face,.she would also be unhappy. Every time he coughed, she would felt pain my her heart. When she saw him worrying about the third Prince's betrayal, she would also felt worried along with him. In short, she couldn't help but be involved in all of this complicated situation that she had been trying to avoided, soon... Sorry guys, I wouldn't for awhike...kindda hard to update with phone...it keep on lagging..