A Maknaes Suspicions

Let Me Know That it's Over

Taehyungs hand clutched the sheets beside him where Hoseok was sleeping just that night. He knew he should have listened to the voice in his head. He knew yesterday was too good to be true. He knew everything was a lie.

So why did it hurt so much now? Maybe because he was being an idiot and kept telling himself that J-Hope was a good boyfriend. He kept trying to convince himself that their relationship would get back on track. But what did that do? It simply gave him more pain than needed.

A shaky sigh left V's lips as he tried to calm down and not cry. He couldn't cry now. If he did, the chance of someone walking in would be so high. But it was so hard to hold back his tears. His heart was twisting painfully and it felt like his stomach had formed multiple knots, while the rest of his body went numb. Everything was suddenly hurting again. The vocalist buried his face into his hands as he tried to hide himself from no one.

Despite how much the second youngest lips were trembling, he pressed them into a straight line so no sound could escape his being. Sniffles filled up the room and before he knew it, silent tears were landing into the palms of his hand. The fact that he ended up crying simply irritated the male and he found himself clutching onto his brown locks out of frustration. A soft curse left his lips as he knew that he had to come out sooner or later, or else someone was going to come in to wake him up.

Quickly wiping away his tears, the vocalist tried to move from his bed, but failed to do so after his legs were hanging off the edge. An annoyed sigh left his lips, he knew deep down he wanted to stay in bed and cry, but he couldn't. He had to keep up the endless happy pill act. But he's been doing this for long enough, there was nothing wrong with staying in bed one day, right? Taehyung knew it wasn't good to think like this, because he knew well enough one day would turn into one week and go on. And he really didn't need to be held down by such sadness right before their promotions begin again.

Bringing his gaze back to the space his lover was lying on, he hit it with his fist. This was all Hoseoks fault. For playing him, hurting him, making him feel like . So why did he love him? Before the second youngest was going to get lost into thought, he heard the door to his room creak open. Shooting his head up to the direction of the sound, he saw Jungkook standing in front of it.

"Hyung, wake up. Jin hyung already made breakfast," the maknae called, before ruffling his own hair. "And thanks for sleeping in, I finally got to have a peaceful morning... Even though it was a bit boring without you..." He murmured the last part, feeling embarrassed by the little confession.

Hearing no reply the youngest pouted and walked up the older who was staring at him blankly. "Hyung, hello? Did you even hear me?" he asked feeling somewhat offended, but he quickly squinted and took a closer look at the others eyes. Seeing this, V spun his head to face somewhere else. "Hey, were you crying?" the main vocalist asked, noticing how moist and red the others eyes were. It should have alarmed the maknae much more than it really did, but the scene seemed to be familiar, as well as the question and how easily it rolled off his tongue. Then he remembered a few days ago when they recorded their album and how he caught the second youngest with a tear stained face.

Taehyung simply forced out a chuckle by the youngers question. "Of course not, why-" he tried to assure him, but was quickly cut off.

"Hyung, seriously." Jungkook shot, his tone as cold as ice. "Don't lie to me. I thought we were closer than that." the youngest sighed softly, his voice turning a bit softer. "I told you, if anythings on your mind, you can tell me."

Then came silence. As much as Taehyung wanted to tell him, he wasn't sure the other would understand. Has the maknae ever been in love? Does he know the feeling of being on cloud 9 then get thrown below sea level in a second? Does he know the feeling of butterflies turning to knots in his stomach in an instance? Does he know the feeling of feeling breathless but then suddenly feel as if his lungs were going to collapse because he was suffocating?

Wait a minute. This wasn't love that he was experiencing. It was an emotional rollercoaster of pain that he wanted to believe was love.

But still, if Jungkook hasn't experienced love, what was the chance he could relate to what V was going through?

"Y-you wouldn't understand-" The older tried to reason.

"I'll try!" The younger exclaimed, interrupting him once again.

"Kook..." Taehyung sighed, bringing his head up to finally make eye contact with the other. Jungkook could see the pain floating through his brown orbs.

It scared him.

"Hy-hyung," he whispered softly. It was alike to Seokjins reaction the other night. The shakiness and concern that flooded his voice, and how soft it came out due to shock and becoming so overwhelmed. Jungkook didn't want to see his hyung like this, especially one of his closer friends Taehyung. He wanted to help him with whatever he was going through, but the rush of emotions he felt when looking into his eyes. It was too much. He couldn't even understand half of the pain he was going through, and the other was refusing to talk, so how was he suppose to help his friend?

Before anything else could be said between the two, the older stood up. "I'm fine," he assured with a soft whisper before he made his way out. The main vocalist wanted to stop him, tell him maybe it was fine to just stay in his room and he could make up some excuse and get him breakfast. But the next thing that happened, completely shocked the younger. The second Taehyung walked out his room. His rectangle grin appeared on his face.

 

The whole day V tried his hardest to approach his lover. But it was hard since everytime he tried, it was get his heart to swell up and his lungs to feel as if they were out of air. Or simply he was with the lead vocalist who made everything hard to begin with. 

And just to make his life better. Taehyung could feel Jungkook staring at him the whole day. The maknae never approached him, which made it even more frustrating. What did he want? Was the youngest still freaked out about what happened this morning? If so, it made the second youngest somewhat glad he didn't tell him what was going on, or else how would he react then? 

V shook his head as he tried to clear his mind. He just had to ignore the maknae if he was going to be annoying and just stare wordlessly. Feeling the eyes of the younger on him from the kitchen, despite him lying on the couch in the living room, he decided to pull out his phone to ignore it. 

Instead of doing something like texting a friend, or going through some social media, the vocalist went through his photos. Taehyung knew it wasn't a smart idea to do it as it would just make him feel sick to his stomach. Seeing all the bittersweet memories of him with his lover. The time when he was positive the feelings weren't one sided. A soft sigh left his lips as he closed his eyes and clutched his phone a bit harder, why was he doing this to himself? Just as the second youngest was about to throw his phone across the living room, Jimins voice filled up the dorm.

"Hey guys~ Who's up for some lunch?" the lead vocalist called, popping into the living room with a wide grin on his face. 

"Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung are at the studio working on songs and Jin hyung was doing his food broadcast earlier so I'm not sure if he's hungry." V pointed out, causing the dancers grin to disappear.

"Well if that's the case, you and Kookie can come~ Hoseok is coming," he winked at the second youngest, only to get a sigh to leave his lips.

"No, I'm fine." The vocalist replied flatly. 

"If hyungs not going, I won't either." Jungkook added, only to get an odd look from the one he was referring to. What was up with him?

"O-Oh... Alright then," Jimin pouted. With that, the oldest of the three left the living room and went to his own room to either sulk or get ready. Both of the youngests eyes watched his leaving back before Taehyung moved his gaze to the maknae.

"Hey, what's up with you? Just go." He encouraged.

"I don't want to go if you don't go." The maknae explained, making the older feel somewhat flustered. He always thought the youngest had stronger relationship with Jimin than himself, so that got him a bit off guard.

"Fine," The older sighed, but then an idea flashed into his head. "But Kookie. If you go, I might tell you what was bothering me earlier." 

That made the youngers eyes sparkle, in turn causing the older to smirk. Of course he wasn't comfortable with spilling his emotions and all, but he wanted the other to leave him alone. Also, he didn't want Jimin and J-Hope alone. Yea, he could have gone with them to assure his little heart, but it would hurt to see their interactions. So if the youngest was there it would give him some reassurance.

Jungkook grinned a bit as he thought about the offer for a bit, before nodding finally. "Alright, but that's a promise hyung. When I get back you can't just say no or ignore me." the maknae said before heading to the lead vocalists room to tell him the change in plans. 

"Wait," V suddenly called, stopping the younger in his tracks. "I'll tell you, on one condition." He started, but then paused for a bit. "Just tell me about what Jimin and Hoseok hyung do, then I'll tell you whatever you want."

 

The place where the trio had lunch was a cozy little cafe. It was a relief yet a shame that no one really recognized the idols, if they were to get noticed it would mean they really were popular but also it would ruin the peace of their lunch. The three boys sat at a table meant for four, just along the window so they could see view of the bustling city. Pedestrians rushing to work after the lunch hour, cars rushing along the road as they tried making their way back to work. It reminded the idols that they were going to be like that soon when they had to promote their album. 

Jungkook looked up from his empty plate of food, to see both his hyungs messing around with each other. Since they were sitting at a table meant for one more person, the youngest had no one to his left, while the two older ones seated themselves beside each other.

The maknae took note of everything he saw in front of him. 

He wanted to know what was bothering Taehyung. From the olders request, he could tell there was some sort of trust issue between him and his boyfriend, but he still was unsure about the whole problem itself. So he burned everything that he was witnessing in order to give the second youngest all the details. If he had elaborate answers he knew that the vocalist couldn't say no and would have to tell him everything.

"Jungkook-ah, are you bored?" Hoseoks voice suddenly interrupted his thoughts. 

"Huh? No!" The maknae assured with a grin before he brought his drink up to his lips and sipped it. "I just finished, so I'm fine."

"Oh, alright." J-Hope smiled back, looking down at his own food which he had yet to finish. Jungkook eyed it as well, before averting his gaze to Jimins plate. 

"You know, you two would have finished by now if you weren't goofing off..." The youngest pointed out. The two older males didn't say anything to that, he did have point. So they both ate their food silently, except for the occasions where the lead vocalist would snatch some food from the rapper. 

When they were both done with their food, the trio decided to buy some churros. With the newfound food, JiHope decided to continue their goofing off. Jungkook also agreed to play along, until Jimin and Hoseok took it a bit far. Well it was a bit far for the maknae at least. And maybe it would be for Taehyung if he was here.

Jimin was almost done his churro. With the small bit he had left, he place it in between his lips and faced the rapper. "Hyung, help me finish~" he asked, aegyo dripping from his voice. The rapper simply smirked and shook his head.

"No~ I have my own to finish~" J-Hope pointed out lifting up his churro, his voice also having a hint of cuteness to it.

"But I can't finish mine~" Jimin whined, making a face as best as he could without dropping the snack in between his lips.

Jungkook didn't say anything as he eyed the two suspiciously, wanting to see how far the two were planning to go.

Hoseok chuckled at the lead vocalists expression before cupping his face. "Alright fine. It's not much anyways," he shurgged and his next action really took the maknae by surprise. The oldest of the trio brought his head closer to the lead vocalist, so close that they could feel each others breath playing on their lips. He almost closed the space between them, but their lips never met, yet it was still enough for the treat to slip in between the dancers teeth. 

Then, everything went crashing down when someone made the wrong move, causing the maknaes eyes to widen.

Their lips touched.