Moving On

Let Me Know That it's Over

It had been months since Taehyung and Hoseok broke up. For the first month or two the dorm was filled with heavy tension and awkwardness. The members were fully aware of the break up the day it happened because of J-Hopes little scene that night. Luckily they never pushed it on the two to talk or anything, so that was helpful. 

As the months past, Taehyung was able to get a hold of himself. He started to revert to back to normal, as in himself before Hoseok started hurting him. The change was slow, but it definitely showed. As the days went by he started to get out of his room more, he started to talk more. He started to smile more. Those small actions were enough for the members to feel happy for the second youngest.

Aside from that, V was also to strengthen his relationship with the other members. Jungkook finally talked to him, and after that they were almost inseperable. His friendship with Jin had also become much stronger since he decided to tell him what actually went on between him and J-Hope, despite it maybe being irrelevant. Surprisingly, he even got a better relationship with Jimin. Before he wasn't fond of the other due to the fact he was practically stealing J-Hope from him, but since they broke up, he didn't really have a grudge to hold on him any longer. Lastly, he was able to become closer with Namjoon and Suga just because he became more talkative, so he would just annoy them whenever. 

Taehyung was recovering well, everyone could agree on that. Yet, despite feeling better than he ever did before, he could still feel the regret in his heart. Everytime he saw Hoseok, he could feel a small tug on his chest which wished that things could have worked out with them. Even though months have passed, he could still even say that maybe there were still some feelings that lingered in his heart. 

It was irritating. But he would always just shake it off and forget about them and try to focus on something else. Apart from that, V liked it this way. He liked being able to just think about himself and not worry about what someone else was doing. He liked how he didn't feel like there was a constant burden weighing him down. He felt, free. And hell he loved it.

Hoseok on the other hand. He seemed to never recover from the break up. That night the younger dumped him, he stayed in front of his room until morning. After that he was almost completely mute, aside from the exception of being on camera or in front of fans. He shut himself from the other members except for Jimin.

Instead of opening up or getting better after a couple of months, he stayed the same. He didn't want to see anyone. He hated himself. The rapper would only stay in his room and only come out for things like going to the bathroom or eating. The only other times he would come out would be to go to schedules.

Another place he seemed to not leave was the practice room. It was only normal for him to stay there longer than the others since he was the main dancer, but he would stay there for hours without end. One time Namjoon went because their manager was so fed up with Hoseok. When the leader arrived, he was still dancing. It was 4 am. He thought dancing would at least help mend the never ending pain in his heart, like it always did. But now it seemed to be failing as the pain wouldn't even go away then. 

 

It had been about 4 months now. They were both so different. Hoseok was still as broken as he was the first day, while Taehyung was almost fully recovered. 

"Hoseok you have to stop acting like this."

Jimin was lecturing him once again. It was starting to become an everyday thing at this point.

"C'mon. It's been 4 months." he sighed, when the other didn't answer. "How long are you going to be moping?" He asked only for the older to look at him blankly. 

"Hyung, please. Seeing you like this hurts, I want to see the fun Hoseok hyung again." The lead vocalist pouted. "You're suppose to be J-Hope. You're hope, you're angel." he pointed out, imitating the older, referring to his dorky introduction. J-Hope could only look away, moving his gaze to the wall.

Jimin could only sigh. This was all his fault and he was fully aware of it. Of course he wasn't surprised when the older was in this huge slump for about a month, but when he didn't show any signs of getting better it made him worried. The younger didn't think he would become this heartbroken. He thought the longest the rapper would mope would be about 2 months. It was double that time now. 

He didn't attempt forcing the older into anything. He could feel how fragile the main dancer was. Hoseok at this point seemed as fragile as a snowflake. If you touch a snowflake it gets destroyed, if you blow on it, it will melt, when it touches the ground it ceases to exist. That's what the rapper seemed like. If Jimin layed even a finger on him then Hoseok would maybe just explode right at the moment.

Taking a few steps closer to the main dancer, the younger sighed softly. "Hyung, how will the fans feel? They aren't dumb. When we're promoting we're going to be exposed to the camera and fans more and your act will be ruined. Everyone could see how sad you were the other day, it's going to be more obvious the longer you act." Jimin tried to reason. The older brought his gaze back to the other and opened his mouth. He wasn't fully mute. The only member who's heard him talk off camera was Jimin.

"Then the fans can know I'm heartbroken." J-Hope answered simply. His voice was deep due to not saying much lately, it was also monotone. 

"Hyung that's not fair to them! Their going to be worried sick about you!" The lead dancer exclaimed, only for a guilty expression to cross Hoseoks face, but he didn't say anything else. Another frustrated sigh left Jimins lips. His patients has been growing short, and even he who went through a huge fuss to get the other single, he was starting to hate the older. It was cruel, but it had been 4 months, and it seemed that the Hoseok he fell in love with had disappeared completely. 

"If you cant do it for me, do it for the members and the ARMY's!" Jimin was now almost yelling, he knew that he needed to put a twist to his lectures. He would usually tell him to stop moping, beg, then leave. But now he wanted to prove to Hoseok there were more people out there that cared for his well being. It seemed to be working. The rapper looked away, guilt emitting from his aura as he bit down on his bottom lip. 

"Think about how upset they'll all be! Do you not care about them?" the lead vocalist asked. J-Hope simply shook his head, frankly at this point it felt the fans were really the only thing he was living for. They were the only thing he cared about and they returned the favour.

"What was that? I didn't hear you,"

Hoseok simply sighed, repeating his action.

"I can't hear you, hyung." 

The older repeated his actions once again. 

"So you don't care about ARMY's. Huh," Jimin concluded, shaking his head in disappointment.

"Of course I care about them," J-Hope shot back, his voice finally breaking out of its monotone. 

Finally getting the rapper to talk, a small smile formed on the youngers lips. He actually felt like he was doing something positive for the other and it felt nice. Taking a step closer to the older, he extended his towards him. 

"Alright, then. You should try to be happy for them, shouldn't you?" the lead dancer asked, the older nodded while bitting down on his bottom lip. "So we should start with something easy. Let's go on a walk, okay?" he smiled, but it quickly disappeared when the others eyes moved somewhere else. "C'mon, of course being cooped up in here won't help you." 

Jimin did have a point there. But frankly, J-Hope didn't want to get out. He just wanted to stay in his dark room, it was oddly comforting, and that was all he needed. He didn't need the bright rays of the sun beating down on him. He didn't need to see happy people and couples roaming around, indirectly mocking him about how sad and broken he was. Hoseok shook his head, his eyes gluing onto the ground, it was too much of a big step.

"Awe, c'mon. You can trust me, right?"

The tension in the room suddenly spiked up. The rapper wanted to yell every little thing that he did to him, but he saved it. He didn't have the energy to yell, let alone talk so he simply glared at the other. This time it was the lead dancers turn to look away. "Ah, scratch that. But still. I've been here for you the whole time hyung, think about it like that. I'm not a complete bad guy, I've been trying to help you get over this, and I will." With that, the younger took a bold move and stepped closer to the main dancer before cupping his hands.

Hoseok flinched. His hands were so warm. He could feel the genuine care emitting from Jimin, and for a second he forgot about what he did to him. But as quickly as the memories left, that's how fast they came back. The rapper was lucky his grasp was light, because he was easily able to slid his hands out and place them back to his lap. The vocalist on the other hand pouted and brought both his arms back to his sides.

"Please. I swear it will make you feel better, if it doesn't then I'll do anything you want." He pleaded. Of course he was expecting to get out of it easily, as J-Hope hadn't been doing anything so he knew there wouldn't be any demands. But when the older spoke up, it took him a bit aback, and not only because this has been the most his talked ever since the break up.

"You'll tell Taehyung everything?" Hoseok asked, his voice dead serious. Jimin looked away, he couldn't keep such a promise. The consequences would be too much.

"Yes I'll even do that," he finally answered, defeat coating his voice. The rappers eyes widened, he wasn't serious right now. "But I'm going to be serious with you for a second. It's been 4 months," he started, but paused for a bit. He wasn't all too sure if he wanted to say it because he knew how broken the older was and he didn't want to destroy him even more. "And he's been doing well. What if he doesn't care?"

It went tense once again. J-Hope let his fists ball up as a shaky sigh left his lips. That had crossed his mind so much during the past months, now hearing it aloud felt like that knife had been twisted. "So hyung, let's make a deal. If he seems to still care, then I'll tell him. Alright?"

The main dancer looked up at him. How could the vocalist possibly think he would agree to such a thing. The words sounded cruel to his ears and it was definitely not fair to J-Hope. He knew well enough how the younger tried to hard to hide his emotions, so the chance of seeing Taehyung sulking seemed unlikely. But as much as he wanted to say no and hide under his covers to sleep, despite it being noon, another half of him wanted to go outside. Of course he would rather go alone than with anyone, especially Jimin of all people, but it was really his only chance to convince himself to leave the dorm.

"Fine," Hoseok huffed before standing onto his feet. That alone was what got the younger to grin at him, his face lighting up almost instantly. The main dancer simply sighed, before making his way to the door. He didn't understand why the other was so happy, they were just going on a walk.

As the two made their way through the hall, none of the other members seemed to be around. The older didn't even need to say anything for Jimin to answer, his confused expression and glancing around gave away what he was thinking. "Namjoon hyung is at the studio like always. Yoongi hyung and Seokjin hyung went to get groceries, but I don't know where the maknaes are. They should be around." J-Hope simply nodded at the answer. 

The lead dancers confusion was quickly answered when they entered the living room though. As the duo walked into the living room, they were met with the two maknaes sitting on the couch. It was common for them to be touchy with each other, all the members were aware of it. Yet, something seemed off about this. 

Jungkook was sitting with his legs crossed so his body was easily able to face the second youngest. His arms were wrapped around his torso while his head was buried into junction between V's head and neck. Despite the somewhat intimate position, the older of the two seemed distant and his eyes were glued onto the floor. "Hyung," the youngest started right when the two dancers walked in.

"You know I love you, right?"

That was the first thing Hoseok heard, and it was definitely the last before he was gone storming off back to his room. He knew this was a bad idea. He didn't reply to Jimins voice, calling him back, he simply ignored it and continued on his hot trail to his room. He didn't want to hear the youngers empty words of 'maybe it's not what you think' or his cruel ones saying 'see hyung, he's moved on so why can't you?' He didn't need that, he just needed to be alone.

When he got to his room he made sure to lock the door. His heart was breaking all over again before he could even find all the pieces. He hated himself for feeling this way, he hated the fact he was still hurting when everyone was already over it. He just wanted all this pain to go away. He wanted to confidently walk out the door with no regrets and truthfully say he's over Taehyung. But he knew he was much to far away from that.

Taehyung... Why do I love you so much, when I know your over me?

____________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh sorry. I felt kind of stuck on this chapter for some reason.

But yea, I was pretty vague on the VKook action. What do you guys think is going on between the two maknaes?