Chapter 10

I Remember...

The low hanging sky that I keep looking at over and over again
When I feel like nothing, that's when I think of you
Just things like that inside
Drifting across your heart, I can never let go of
I'm still a young child
I can't catch up to you yet, only a little while more
As more time passes whne I grow up
I'll understand you more, my love my love my love
My dear, don't you dare let go of my hands.
{Seventeen~When I Grow Up}


KIARA'S POV

I turned around to find myself face-to-face with a girl who looked almost exactly like me.

My heartbeat started to pound in my ears as I stared at her in disbelief.

"A-a-are you.....JiYoungie Unni?" I asked carefully walking around the glass shards from the ice cream bowls towards her.

"JiHye? Is it you? Is it really you?" she asked with wide glistening eyes.

We wrapped eachother in tight hugs in reunion. 

Sometime during our hug, Mingyu Oppa made his way over and joined us.

The three of us were hugging and crying when we were rudely interrupted by the girl from behind the counter.

"JiNa, YOU GOTTA CLEAN THIS UP RIGHT NOW OR YOU'RE FIRED!!!!" she yelled as her face turned purple with rage.

Sheesh. Jealous much?

"NO! NOBODY TALKS TO MY UNNI LIKE THAT!!! SHE'S NOT FIRED! SHE QUITS!!!!" I shouted angrily wiping away my tears and glaring at her furiously.

"Woah tiger. Calm down. Let's go-" Mingyu Oppa was cut off as he tried to calm me down.

"NO, SHE'S RIGHT. I QUIT!" JiYoungie Unni shouted as she grabbed her things from a hook on the wall.

"Let's go JiHye-yah, we have A LOT of catching up to do." JiYoungie Unni said as she grabbed my hand and led me out of the shop.

A moment later, Mingyu Oppa came out shaking his head.

"You two really.....aish! You're the same as ever!!!" he said scolding us.

We bowed our heads in shame like little puppies when they get scolded.

"Sorry Mingyu Oppa." we said in unison.

We looked at eachother and took off running towards a playground down the street, leaving Mingyu Oppa behind yelling at us.

"YAH! KIM JIHYE! KIM JIYOUNG! COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!! AISH!!!!" 

We ran and laughed and finally arrived at the playground. The playground that's been replaying in my head for years.

It was here. The place that I had been kidnapped. The place where all my happy memories were supposed to lie. It was here.

"Do you remember us coming here when we were kids? We used to play hide-and-go-seek all the time until....well, you know....." she said awkwardly as we sat on the swings waiting for Mingyu Oppa to arrive.

"What exactly happened that day? One moment you were running off towards the old tree near Hong Ahjumma's house, and the next you were gone!" she said scrunching her nose in confusion. A gesture that I do often.

"I honestly had no clue until earlier today. I had a random flashback at Forever 21 when the guys were throwing me a mini-welcoming party." I said looking down at my black hightop All-Star Converse as I kicked the woodchips.

"The guys?" she asked scrunching her nose again as she kicked the woodchips with me.

"Oh! That's right! I completely forgot that you didn't know...or maybe you did?" I shook my head and scrunched my nose in confusion. "Mingyu Oppa debuted in a group called Seventeen with my ex-step-cousin Joshua. During the time that I was Josh Oppa's 'cousin' it was arranged for me to come to Korea to live with him since the people that I thought were my parents died in an accident. But when I came, Seventeen got a call from their PD-nim that they were going to start filming a show in their dorm with a female trainee for the next year or so, and they definitely couldn't find out about me. SO, Josh Oppa got me to audition for Pledis Entertainment and I got in! I had to pass two auditions bcos one was for actual auditioning and the other was for Seventeen's TV show." I rambled not noticing her complexion going pale.

I looked up and found her as white as a ghost.

"Unni, are you okay?" I asked her.

"JiHye-yah, don't turn around. Whatever you do, don't. Turn. Around." she commanded me quietly through her teeth.

"JiNa-yah, what are you doing here? We don't live here anymore! Come on, we're going home." said a voice that I recognized very well.

I felt the blood drain out of my face.

This isn't possible. I saw them die with my own eyes in that car accident. 

It was impossible for them to even be alive.

"Hong JiNa! Come on! We have to get home before it gets dark!" yelled another voice that I recognized.

I almost fell off the swing.

I turned my head a little so that my face was completely hidden from their view.

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mingyu Oppa hiding behind the slides. His facial expression had hardened and was unreadable.

"Hong JiNa! Let's go! We need to go back home and it's getting late." the woman said with impatience tinged in her voice.

"Unni....I'm turning around. I have to. They.....they were my parents....." I said quietly as my eyes darted to Mingyu Oppa and back to her again.

Her facial expression was pretty much the same as Mingyu Oppa's at that moment.

"Jihye-yah. They don't know that you're here in Korea right now. They probably think that you're at your aunt and uncle's house in LA, right?" she asked quietly.

"Wait...how did you know that I lived in LA?" I asked with my nose scrunched up again.

"I found out this morning while I was snooping around Mr. Hong's desk. JiHye-yah....Hong Ahjumma and Hong Ahjussi from down the street. Do you remember them? We used to play doorbell pranks on them with Mingyu Oppa when we were little. Well, they're the ones who kidnapped you. I'm going to have to leave with them for now, but you need text me tonight, alright? I love you Jihye-yah. Don't forget to text me, arraseo?" she commanded giving me a quick hug and passing a slip of paper to me discreetly.

I nodded my head blinking back tears. 

"Arasseo Unni. I hope I'll see you again." I said sadly.

"Be a good girl. Find Mingyu Oppa and get out of here as fast as possible, okay? I think Hong Ahjumma and Hong Ahjussi are getting impatient. Don't forget to text me!" she said as she stood up and walked towards my parent-impostors.

How could she live with them? Why is she living with them?

I walked to the slides with my hair covering my face so that it was hidden from their view.

"Sorry Umma and Abba. I bumped into an old friend and I wanted to catch up with her, you know?" JiYoungie Unni said in a fake-bright tone that could fool a lie-detector.

"Oh, really? That's nice! What do you want to eat for our late dinner, JiNa-yah?" asked Dad Mr. Hong.

My eyes filled with tears as I finally collapsed behind the slides as their voices faded away.

"Jihye-yah, are you okay? Don't cry. Please. Omigosh. I'm calling the guys." he pulled me close and dialed someone's number.

"Coups Hyung? Yeah. I'm sorry. No, I'm with Jihye. Yeah...Can you get Manager JinHo to come to the playground near where my old house was? Yeah....no....we....I'll explain later. Yes hyung. Five minutes? OK. Nae....Bye." he shut off his phone and pulled me into a proper hug.

I sobbed into his chest.

"Jihye-yah, talk. That's going to help you out the most." he said as the night sky twinkled above us.

"Oppa....those people...." I couldn't bring myself to say it.

"They were Hong Ahjumma and Hong Ahjussi from down the street, I know. They must have been the ones who kidnapped JiYoung." he said bitterly.

"No....they didn't kidnap just her...." I said softly as my sobs died down.

"They kidnapped me too...." My voice cracked as I felt another sob come up.

Mingyu Oppa was frozen in shock. 

"I would know their voices anywhere. The same voice that she used to tuck me into bed at night. The voice that soothed me each time I got hurt. The voice that helped me master the English language. The voice that would scold me for doing something wrong." 

A black van pulled up as I finished saying my sentence.

Twelve boys jumped out of the van as soon as it was parked and ran towards us.

"JIHYE-YAH!!!! DON'T CRY!!!! I'M HERE!!!!!!" yelled a voice that made my sobs turn into an uncontrollable fit of sob-laughter.

He wrapped me in a bear hug and leaned my head on his chest.

"I'm here so don't cry, Jihye." he said my head.

"Mingyu-yah. You okay? You kinda look dazed." Hoshi said concernedly as he waved a hand in front of Mingyu Oppa's face.

"Y-y-yeah....I'm fine...." he said shaking his head to get himself together.

"Hey." I looked up to see Mr. Cold with a different expession. One that I couldn't read "You okay?" ...OMG....is that...PITY????

FROM MR. MEANIEPANTS, TOO!

I managed a small laugh. "That's the first nice thing you've said to me all day Wonwoo Oppa." I said wiping away more tears and ugly snot.

He cracked a smile and ruffled my hair.

"You didn't seem that bad after all...I guess..." he said. And with that, he turned around and headed back to the van.

I watched him leave and the I looked up at Seungkwan Oppa who was still hugging me.

I untangled my arms and hugged him back.

"Thankyu Oppa." I said looking up at him from under his chin.

He looked down at me and smiled. "Anything for you, Jihye-yah"

I smiled as he took my hand and led me back to the van.

I looked over at Seungkwan as we walked towards the van.

Today might not have been the best day in my life, but after all those terrible events, I think it was pretty worth it.  


*throws chappie at yu*

here ya go~

hehee^^idek nemor....

ooh! shameless promotion time!!!!hehe

I'm opening up a new entertainment called SVT Entertainment. 

For any of you subbies who want to join, just fill out the application form there, and PLZ SUBSCRIBE!!!!

thankyu~heehee

COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATEDDDDD

~lurv da one and only sarasquirrel