Chapter 8

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

Ji-eun rushed out of the classroom, her heart thumping. Whoa, that Chanyeol guy is scary. Someone else I wouldn’t want to mess with if I were to keep a low profile around here.

She glanced at her schedule to see she had Reverse physics for first period. That’s the class I have with Eunji. She thought excitedly, at least she didn’t have to be alone for her first lesson. It was her second day at the school as she had slept there overnight surprisingly without any problems. Although, today was the day she would officially attend classes.

Ji-eun looked down at her map and saw that her class wasn’t much further away from her homeroom. Getting slightly more used to the beings around her, she set off down the corridor, oblivious to the weird stares the students around the area were giving her.

She entered the class and looked around, there weren’t many students yet as she was early. Her eyes travelled to the back of the room where someone was gazing out the window and pressed closely to the wall, almost like a wallflower.

With a smile, Ji-eun walked towards the person and sat down next to them. Eunji turned her head in shock but relaxed when she saw who it was. Ji-eun raised a hand and gave a small wave at Eunji who nodded and slightly smiled back.

They sat for a bit in comfortable silence and Ji-eun was fine with that, she needed a little bit of time to clear her mind before her very first lesson anyway and she knew Eunji naturally liked to stay silent so who was she to ruin that?

After a moment, more students entered the classroom, filling the space with chatters and laughter. Ji-eun felt Eunji shrink back a little into her chair, pressing closer to the wall, head bowed.

Ji-eun gave her a worried glance, she didn’t understand why Eunji seemed so uncomfortable around her classmates. There was nothing wrong with her that Ji-eun could see that would make others dislike her. Eunji was in fact very pretty and nice, Ji-eun would’ve thought she’d even be one of those really popular students who’re friends with everyone and respected by many. Well, that’s what she read in fiction novels anyway.

Then, she felt that strange aura that she had felt the other times and braced herself as she knew someone with great power was coming closer. The whole class quietened down as the door opened and a familiar figure with striking looks strolled in. Ji-eun’s eyes widened in recognition, he was the guy D.O was with back in that classroom.  

He didn’t look at anyone and calmly walked towards his seat near the front, sitting down gracefully. Ji-eun surveyed the class, the females in the room had their eyes fixated upon the handsome being that just entered, their gazes almost in a daze.

Wow, this guy really has an effect on the females around him, not to mention his aura is something to be feared. For some reason Ji-eun felt like laughing as she somewhat found it funny how many beings she had to avoid on her first day despite her situation.

It wasn’t meant to be a laughing matter and her aunt would surely reprimand her for it but she couldn’t help it. It was better than cowering in the corner waiting for danger to come to her.  Annnndd another person on my list to avoid

She snuck a glance at Eunji to see her still looking out the window, unfazed by the male’s presence. I guess, I’m not the only one unaffected by his good looks.

Finally, the teacher whom Ji-eun discovered was to be called Mr. Shin, entered the room to start the lesson. Reversed physics was interesting to her to say the least. She learnt about how different powers were able to defy the laws of gravity such as flight and telekinesis. They also learnt how force fields and shields were made and this intrigued Ji-eun as she had no idea her shield was conjured up by her own energy waves combined with different molecular particles in the air.

Soon it was the end of class, Eunji and Ji-eun packed up their books ready to leave when Mr. Shin spotted them, surprised. “Oh? We have 2 new students?”

Confused, Ji-eun eyed the quiet angel standing next to her, yes she was a new student but she didn’t know there was another new student? Was he referring to Eunji?

Mr. Shin smiled apologetically at the two, “Apologises, I didn’t see you both before but welcome to my class, I hope you found the lesson understandable.”

Ji-eun shook her head and replied, “it’s alright Seongsangnim, the lesson was well understood." She then tilted her head at Eunji who was looking down, puzzled. Eunji’s a new student?

The silent angel didn’t look up from her gaze at the ground and spoke in a small voice, “I am not a new student, Seongsangnim.”

Baffled, Mr. Shin’s eyebrows furrowed, “you’re not?”

Eunji gave a slight nod and he scratched his head awkwardly, “oh well I sincerely apologize for my mistake, what were your names again?”

Jung Eunji.”Another voice cut in sharply.

The three looked back and was astounded to see the handsome male still there whereas, everyone else had left.

“Her name is Jung Eunji. She is in class 2-B and indeed she one of the school’s older students.” The male stared directly at Mr. Shin as he said this, his tone void of any emotion.

Ji-eun eyed Eunji who looked visibly shocked. Does she know this guy or something?

Mr. Shin cleared his throat, looking a bit uncomfortable “er… well expected from the class president I guess, you are well informed Mr. Suho.”

Suho bowed his head respectfully at him before his cold eyes slid over to them, his gaze resting on Ji-eun.

“I never forget the names of my classmates…" He paused then said, "isn’t that right Eunji-ssi.” 

The said angel jumped slightly at the sudden question and muttered a word of agreement. Suho’s mouth curved up a little as he walked towards Ji-eun.

“You must be Lee Ji-eun-ssi. I am Kim Suho, class president of room 2-B. I was notified that class 2-O was to have a new student and wanted to personally give you my greetings. It is a pleasure to meet you.”

He held out his hand and she hesitated to shake it, something told her that he didn’t mean well with his greeting and it bothered her a little.

Suho saw her hesitance and reached out to grasp her hand into a firm hand shake. Ji-eun’s heart jolted when she felt his cold but smooth hands, almost like water, encase hers.

It was weird.

Realising that she was blatantly staring at their hands, she quickly nodded and said politely, “nice to meet you too, Suho-ssi.”

At her response, Suho narrowed his eyes a little as if trying to figure her out and let go of her hand. Ji-eun looked up and caught sight of Eunji’s slightly concerned look directed at her. Hm? Why is she looking at me like that?

Suho turned to Mr. Shin, “I shall take my leave now, Seongsangnim.”

The Reversed physics teacher glanced up from the work he was doing on his desk and nodded “Yes. You may go. Oh and Mr. Suho? Please do notify Mr. Chanyeol that if he misses another one of my classes, he shall receive detention.”

Suho’s eyes seemingly flashed with annoyance before they became emotionless again. “Deh, Seongsangnim.” He said and walked out.

Mr. Shin sighed and looked back at the two beings still in the room. He took of his glasses and cleaned them a little, “again I apologize Miss Eunji. You are just so very quiet in class and you come and go without me knowing.”

Eunji shook her head and smiled a bit, “it’s okay Seongsangnim, I am used to it.”

Ji-eun and Mr. Shin looked at her dumbfounded, “no no. That was my mistake. As Mr. Suho never forgets the names of his classmates, as a teacher, I should never forget the names of my students.”

He turned to Ji-eun and grinned, “shame on me. I am sorry you had to witness my terrible mistake Miss Ji-eun.”

“Well as long as you don’t forget about any of your students anymore then its fine.” Ji-eun said cheerfully, linking her arm together with a surprised Eunji.

Laughing sheepishly, Mr Shin agreed, “I promise I won’t.”

He glanced at his watch, “oh dear, you both are late for your second period. I guess I’ll have to give you girls a late notice won’t I? Might as well as an apology for not knowing my students’ names.” He muttered, Eunji and Ji-eun looked at each other glad that they have an excuse for being late for their next class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chanyeol exhaled deeply as the last standing tree 30 metres away burst into flames.

He had done it again.

All those times in detention teaching him how to contain himself and his power had all gone to waste.

He had lost control.

 And the forest he was in, suffered the consequences of his incompetence. Groaning, Chanyeol fell onto his knees and looked around him, at the mass of destruction he created.

Suho is going to kill me. He thought as he let himself fall onto his back, laying his body out flat along the ash filled ground that used to grow grass.

His mind flew back to a few days before when he and his close brothers were to speak with their grandfather, the headmaster.

Flashback

"You asked to see us?" Suho stepped forward, the other 5 of his brothers behind him. They had all assembled in the headmaster’s office.

"Yes" rumbled a dry old voice. A chair swung around revealing an old man with hazel eyes facing them. “It’s been a while hasn’t it?”

“What is it that you want from us, Headmaster?” The youngest of them all asked, his expression contorted in irritation.

“Sehun.” Suho admonished quietly. And the younger one scoffed. The headmaster chuckled, “I see you haven’t changed Sehun, my dear boy. Always the troublesome one.”

His gaze slid over to the tallest figure who had his arms crossed and a bored expression on his face. “I trust you have been in control of your fire, Chanyeol?”

The said male looked at the old man and gave him a small smirk, “don’t worry all those detention times you gave me haven’t gone to waste.”

The headmaster chuckled lowly, “that’s good to hear.” His eyes flittered over all their faces, "you all are probably wondering why I wanted you here," The brothers nodded. “It's been quite a long time since I’ve sent you boys out on a mission."

Some of the brother’s eyes enlarged, "are you sending us on a mission then?" A tanned skinned male equally as handsome as the rest of his brothers, asked.

The old man nodded "indeed."

He stood up placing both his hands on the desk. "The demons have already invaded many other districts of Glaze and they are beginning to get closer to this district, Ravelyl Moon.”

Their grandfather looked at the six of them worriedly, “The outbreak of the demons have caused the council to be under deep contemplation. Finally we’ve concluded that there must still be a sorceress or warlock somewhere out there, summoning demons and Dalmundeums.”

Shocked silence filled the office, "but I thought our clan and the vampires wiped them all out?" said Baekhyun.

"Yes, it seems we have been careless and missed one. This is why your mission is to locate them and report to me." The headmaster responded.

"How do we know if they’re a sorceress or warlock?" Suho asked, the brothers have heard about witches and wizards but they have never physically seen one.

"Their eyes turn dark blue when using their powers and they smell like wood." The headmaster rubbed his chin in deep thought. “From what I still remember, they seem to have a very exquisite taste in fashion. Witches tend to wear black headbands and bangles around their wrists and sometimes ankles. Warlocks tend to wear cloaks. That’s all I can tell you unfortunately.”

“You all may go to whatever means to find the sorceress or warlock. But do be extremely careful, this won’t be an easy mission. Sorcery is dangerous. And it seems this being is very clever at what they do. Remember, do not be deceived.”

End of flashback

Chanyeol stared up at the sky, so that Supernatural I saw the other day with Baekhyun was wearing a cloak, bangles and a headband, just like grandfather’s description. She’s got to be a sorceress. He hadn’t told anyone as he wasn’t sure and what if his judgement was wrong? Chanyeol didn’t want any unnecessary problems to occur if that were the case. He then frowned, but she was a hybrid. I’m sure I smelt an Angel scent on her as well. Was she half angel, half witch?

“But that’s impossible.” Chanyeol couldn’t get his head around it. There was no way that could happen right? And his grandfather did say it was a sorceress or warlock, he didn’t mention any hybrids. Maybe the sorceress was in that house.    

I could just tell them to investigate the forest. He looked around and then remembered that he ruined part of it. If he were to tell them, he would get into big trouble first.

However, thinking about the female he saw in the forest, he suddenly thought of Ji-eun, the new student in his homeroom. He found them both quite familiar but he couldn’t quite work out the similarities, or the differences in that matter.

A growing feeling welled up in his chest and he shuddered, his eyes burning golden. He knew this feeling. The feeling of anger, loneliness and misery rose up within him provoking him to unleash his fire. The same feeling that came when the new student appeared.

Chanyeol began to have a growing resentment towards the sorceress he saw in the forest. Hybrid or whatever she was. If she really did practice witch-craft, then it was all her fault he had turned out this way. It was her fault they had all turned out this way. And it was her fault, that he had lost his homeland, parents and his brothers.  

===============================================

Hey Supernaturals!!~~

Its been a long time huh? I truly apologize for that! Honestly, I really didn't know how to continue this story anymore and I had no motivation but recently, I felt like I needed to finish this story off one way or another and decided to continue writing. 

I just wanted to say A BIG THANK YOU for being so so patient with me and thanks for all the support (in the comments, subscribes and votes) It really does make me happy and is highly appreciated. I will try to update again whenever I can. 

 

PS: weren't chanyeol's thoughts about that 'Supernatural he saw in the forest' sooo spot on??? Hehehehe. 

Lots of Love, Author-nim~