Chapter 17

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

“Oi. I’m talking to you.” Baekhyun told Chanyeol, his voice getting more irritated by the second and slammed his hands on the table. “Listen to me you punk!”

“He ain’t listening hyung. Like always.” Kai remarks and makes a small, strangled-sounding noise when a peeved-looking Baekhyun stabs his steak harshly with his fork.

Sehun sighed, why am I here.

D.O glances at them indifferent by the situation and turns to their eldest brother.

“Hyung, what is the plan now? It’s a shame the witch scent disappeared so quickly.”

Suho set down his spoon gracefully and dabbed his mouth with a napkin.

“Sorcerer or witch, they couldn’t have gotten far.” His statement got the rest of EXO-K’s attention.

“They’re most likely to show again. We will surely be able to track their path then.”   

"At least we know that the witch can be somewhere around the Ravelyl Moon forest. But the scent did seem to come towards the direction of Endless Town." D.O concluded.

"Are you suggesting we go to Endless Town?” Baekhyun asked. “That place gives me the chills.”

Kai clicked his fingers. “Yeah! With those emotion makers and creepy soothsayers?" He said and faked a shiver.

Chanyeol finally stopped ignoring the two and glanced sideways at them, “when has that ever stopped you though.”

“True.”

Baekhyun leaned into Chanyeol’s personal space, “why’d you ignore me you rude little piece of–“

“Dude, get out of my face!”

“Not until you listen to me, jackass.”

Suho rolled his eyes slightly at the two, “I agree with D.O. We will investigate Endless Town next but we will have to leave it until after the masquerade.”

“Hyung, it’s time to go to our meeting.” D.O tells Suho, standing up.

Suho nodded and swept a careful gaze over his younger brothers, “you four behave alright?”

When he and D.O left, Baekhyun rolled his eyes and blew his fringe out of his face, “yeah right. That’s like telling a troublemaker to stop causing trouble. Ain’t gonna work.” 

Kai leaned his elbow onto the table, “speaking previously of the masquerade though… Anyone got a date?”

Chanyeol shot him a look, “we don’t need dates.”

“I already have heaps of letters from girls stuffed under my desk, I don’t want to give them another reason to shove more in if they knew I was looking for one.” Baekhyun stated, matter-of-factly.

“Someone had the nerve to write ‘be my date’ on my desk in permanent marker.” Sehun growled lowly and gave Baekhyun and Kai the daggers since they were sniggering.

“Well I wouldn’t mind asking a certain someone actually.” Baekhyun says a little dazed as he stared off into space.

“We’re not required to have dates though.” Chanyeol tells them.

“Fortunately.” Sehun muttered and scooped up some rice only to see he couldn’t. He glanced down and saw a knife in his hand.

"Uh you okay there? Why are you scooping rice with a knife." Kai gave him a weird look.

Sehun scowled but didn't answer. I swear the knife was on my right not my left just now...

Suddenly something made him look towards the wall Ji-eun was hiding behind and saw her giggling.

Sehun's brown eyes darkened, he didn't know how she did it but he somehow had a feeling it was her messing with him.

He suddenly felt even more pissed off when he saw Kai teleport over to where Ji-eun was startling her.

“What the heck is Kai doing?” Baekhyun asked, his gaze trained towards the wall he saw Kai teleport to and disappear behind.

Chanyeol shrugged, disinterested. “Beats me.”

Baekhyun nudged him, “hey. Why don’t you ask your crazy ex-girlfriend to be your date. I’m sure she’d love that.” He finished with a light snicker and Sehun shot him a warning look.

Chanyeol had paused his eating, his brown eyes turning alarmingly frightening.

“You shouldn’t have said that.” Sehun mumbled. Even he knew how sensitive Chanyeol was to the topic, he even forbid everyone in the school from talking about it.

“What did you say?” Chanyeol said lowly, his voice threatening.  

Baekhyun tilted his perfect nose up at him in a haughty matter, unfazed by his younger brother’s dark fury.

“Huh. Now you’re listening. I was just saying. It’s not like I’m forcing you to ask your ex. Don’t get your knickers in a knot.”

“She’s not my ex! I don’t even have an ex! Or girlfriend for that matter. How many times do I have to tell you?” Chanyeol ground out, annoyed.

Baekhyun put his hands up, “okay okay. Geez. Whatever you say man. Don’t go burning down trees now.” He said and Sehun just shook his head at him.

At that moment, two figures suddenly popped up unexpectedly in front of their table.

Ji-eun blinked, whoa. What just happened.

One second she was behind the wall and in a blink of an eye she was in front of EXO-K.

Speaking of EXO-K, Chanyeol, Sehun and Baekhyun were all staring at her each with different expressions.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, Sehun was scowling and Baekhyun just looked at them with interest. She felt the cafeteria go silent as more students turned to look at her, no doubt wondering what she was doing with EXO-K.

She shut her eyes tightly, what did I get myself into.

Ji-eun opened her eyes and was about to bolt but forgetting Kai still had a grip on her arm, she was immediately pulled back.

“Not so fast, Hiccups.” Kai whispered, looking smug as he gently pulled her over to sit down next to the devil, Sehun and plonked himself next to her.

Ji-eun just gave him a strange look and glanced nervously at Sehun who was giving her death glares.

Chanyeol didn’t even spare her another glance.

Baekhyun grinned playfully at her, "Ah. Ji-eun, how lovely of you to join us for lunch."

Ji-eun just gave him a small awkward smile, she wondered where the other two members were. To be honest, she was a bit disappointed D.O wasn’t there. He was the only nice and polite one of EXO-K. Ji-eun thinks.

Kai shoved a canteen menu in her hand. “Order something.”

“Order? Don’t we only get one type of meal every day?” She wondered, tilting her head.

“That’s the daily meals. They’re all free. We all order the priced meals. Most of the students of the school does.” Baekhyun answers.

Probably because you all are rich as. I don’t have any cash. Ji-eun thought, she blinked at him, “b-but I already have lunch though.”

She pulled out her ham and cheese sandwich she got earlier from her pocket.

In a split second Kai snatched the sandwich out of her hands and she stared at him in shock. “Hey!”

“Now you don’t. Order.” Kai said simply, holding the sandwich away from her reaching hands. 

Being the stubborn person she was, she didn’t give up. “I already have lunch!” She says a little frustrated.

Kai looked at her for a moment, then he just unwrapped the sandwich and took a large bite out of it.

Ji-eun stared at him in disbelief, my sandwich…

“That’s not fair.” She says in defeat and a slight pout on her lips.

Kai felt his heart almost stop when he saw the expression on her face. It took up all his willpower to not squish her cheeks together.

Ji-eun looked up and noticed the other 3 members were staring at them or her to be exact and she looked away awkwardly.

Baekhyun glanced at Kai and inwardly laughed, he is so smitten.

Chanyeol and Sehun just gave them unreadable expressions.

“Come on Ji-eun, choose something. Here I’ll help you. Kai will pay for you.” Baekhyun leaned over the table and snatched the menu out of her hands.

Kai still seemed a bit dazed as he nodded in agreement.

“Hmm, spaghetti carbonara is quite nice.” Baekhyun said and Ji-eun looked more closely at the menu.

Most of the meals, snacks and drinks on the menu had a price including the spaghetti carbonara. Only the small box in the corner that had all the daily meals were free which were probably for students who couldn’t afford the other meals.

“I see.” Ji-eun said and Kai’s eyes lit up, “so you’ll try it? Awesome, I’ll buy it for you.”

“W-wait a sec–“

Too late, Kai had already teleported away.

Ji-eun let out a little sigh. Man, these guys must be rich to buy all these meals. She thought, looking around at all their expensive-looking and appetizing dishes. Is this what they get to eat every day?

Well, Kai ate my lunch so I guess it’s okay... And I’m starving. Oh what the heck, who am I to refuse free food.

She felt someone shift around next to her and she froze. Oh crap. She had totally forgot she was next to Sehun.

Ji-eun turned her face slightly to glance at him and regretted it because he was staring at her with extremely cold eyes.

“Don’t think you can get away with what you did before.” He whispered, leaning in close and she tried to inch away.

Baekhyun was trying to get Chanyeol’s attention while he was too busy ignoring him. They didn’t notice what Sehun said to her.

Giving her one last terrifying glare, Sehun turned away from her but Ji-eun still felt very unsettled.

He’s plotting to murder me.

Thankfully, Kai teleported back and placed a wonderful smelling dish in front of her, momentarily making her forget about Sehun’s threats. Because, come on. Food does that.

Kai picked up a fork, twirling some spaghetti around it and held it front of her lips.

She looked at him confused, “um what are you doing?”

All he did was just gave her a dazzling smile and gestured towards , “open up.”

Ji-eun just stared at him, but opened anyway because she was really hungry at this point.

Then delicious creamy pasta found its way into and her eyes lit up in delight. This spagthei carbonary or whatever its called, is absolute heaven.

Kai let out a small laugh at her expression and Ji-eun thought he had a really cute laugh.

He held out another fork full of pasta and she gladly opened wanting to eat more, not seeing anything wrong with the situation.

Unknowingly, three other eyes were watching them with mixed emotions. Sehun was wondering what in the next world was wrong with Kai. He had never seen Kai so interested in a female before let alone feed her food.

Baekhyun was chuckling quietly to himself, highly entertained. Chanyeol on the other hand, was watching them with clenched fists. For some unknown reason, he felt really annoyed at this display of affection unfold in front of him. Although, Ji-eun looked completely innocent when she was eating the pasta.

Chanyeol felt his body grow hotter and before he could control his actions, his eyes locked onto the fork Kai was holding.

Yelping in pain and shock, Kai immediately dropped the fork back onto the plate and his eyes shot up to Chanyeol who seemed surprised himself. “Hyung!”

Baekhyun and Sehun gaped at their tallest brother. Why would he do that?

Chanyeol gave Kai a tight-lipped smile, “sorry. I was just unconsciously burning things.”

Kai studied him for a few seconds, rubbing his slightly scorched hands before a small smirk crossed his face. That’s what you say.

Ji-eun just looked between the two not understanding what was going on but in the end, she shrugged and continued to feed herself yummy spaghetti.

“So… How are you finding school so far, Ji-eun? Enjoyable?” Baekhyun asked.

Ji-eun chewed and put her thumps up.

“Uh okay. I’m guessing you like it here then?” Ji-eun nodded.

They all looked at her puzzled, why isn’t she talking?

Ji-eun sensed they had questions but that could wait until she finished eating the pleasant meal.  

When she was done she looked up at them who were already staring at her curiously, “sorry about that. I was taught it was disrespectful to talk at the table.”

“Right…” Baekhyun voiced out looking at her strangely.

 “Such a goody-two-shoes Hiccups.” Kai teased and Ji-eun frowned at him, “why do you keep calling me that? That was like only one time.”

“Then what do you want me to call you?”

“My name should be fine.” She says, straightforwardly.

“But that’s no fun.” Kai tells her, a playful grin on his face.

“Can you guys stop flirting? It’s hurting my eyes.” Baekhyun joked. Chanyeol and Sehun both mentally gave Baekhyun a pat on the back for saying what was on their mind.

“Flirting? Is that another word for talking? Why would it hurt your eyes?” Ji-eun asked genuinely curious.

The werewolves cast each other a look, was she joking right now? But looking at her expression they knew she was serious. Which planet exactly did she come from?

“Uhh…”

 Ji-eun saw their odd looks at her and realised maybe she asked too much.

The bell rang signalling the end of lunch.

Ji-eun cleared , “well I should get going. Thank you for having me join you for lunch” she bowed to them and turned to Kai, “thanks for the lunch.” She stepped back.

“Wait up.” Kai caught her arm, making her look at him not used to his touch. “Are you going to the masquerade?”

Ji-eun froze, why is he asking me this? Wait they can’t find out I’m going just in cases. “…No. I’m not.” She said, trying to keep her voice firm.

Kai looked a little disappointed. “Oh.”

“Is um Eunji going?” Baekhyun asked her and she looked at him surprised. “I’m not too sure. You should ask her.”

Baekhyun just nodded, “I’ll do that.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji-eun on was on her way back to her dorm when she was stopped by Haewon and Miyeon. She didn’t see Jiwoo or any of their other angel friends with them.

They both blocked her path and she inwardly sighed. She knew trouble was coming.

“What did we say about getting close to EXO-K?” Haewon hissed.

Again about the EXO-K thing. “You even sat with them at lunch. You sure have guts, Wingless.”

But it wasn’t even my fault… Ji-eun hoped they didn’t see Kai feeding her. She knew they wouldn’t listen to whatever she says so she opt to walk past them not saying anything and silently hoping they would leave her alone.

But obviously, that wasn’t going to happen since Miyeon pushed her shoulder back harshly.


“We’re talking to you, peasant.” She snarled furiously and Ji-eun almost scoffed. Wow, I’m a peasant now? I mean just because I don’t have money with me… Wait, back then I didn’t even need money.

“Just leave me alone. What do you want with me?” Ji-eun snapped, fed up with them.

Slap!

Ji-eun held her cheek in disbelief. She furrowed her eyebrows at Miyeon and suddenly felt tears pricking her eyes. She hadn’t been slapped in the face before. Sure she’s been punched and kicked but slapped? No one had ever slapped her before. No one.

“How dare you talk back to us like that. Have you forgotten who’s in charge around here?”

Ji-eun bit her lip, come on Ji-eun, stop being a baby. A slap should be no different from a punch. “You are not worth my time.” She says gravely.

Miyeon’s eyes widened in anger, and Haewon glowered at her. “What did you say, you insolent wench?”

Miyeon raised her hand again and Ji-eun flinched but was about to dodge when a strong arm grabbed onto Miyeon’s wrist. Her hand inches from Ji-eun’s face.

They all looked up to see Chanyeol towering over Miyeon with unfriendly eyes.

“C-chanyeol.” Miyeon whispered and winced at his tight grip on her arm.

“I think you should stop here.” Chanyeol says, his voice very intimidating.

Haewon stepped forward, “Chanyeol-ssi, you are hurting her.” She says trying to defend her sister.

Chanyeol scoffed and loosened his grip on Miyeon’s wrist and swung it away from him.

“Leave.” He tells at them.

“How could you treat your ex-girlfriend like this? Why are you protecting her?” Miyeon gazed at him angrily.

Chanyeol turned to her and stepped towards her slowly, eyes flashing dangerously. “You have some serious nerve to be saying that right now.”

Miyeon trembled but didn’t step back. Her face determined. “I-I was just stating the facts. Everyone knows we used to d-date. You shouldn’t be like this.”

Ji-eun looked between the two baffled, ex-girlfriend? Miyeon is his ex-girlfriend?

Chanyeol stared long and hard at her and then he let out a deep laugh. One that probably scared them out of their wits. “Facts? You call stupid rumours facts? The rumours that all happened because of you?” He sneered and shook his head, “unbelievable.”

Miyeon frowned, “I know we had something, Chanyeol.” Haewon nudged her to stop talking but she paid her no heed. “We even kissed.”

Ji-eun’s eyes widened and she glanced at Chanyeol, whoa they kissed?? The cold emotionless Chanyeol kissed a girl?

He glared darkly at her, “you’re delusional, Miyeon. Don’t think I didn’t know that it was your plan to lock us in that room.”

He leaned down to her ear, “you were the one who forced yourself on me and to say we were even dating? You better keep your head in check before I do something I won’t regret.” He whispers and pulled back.

“You’re lucky your mom is part of the Silver Rose otherwise you would’ve been gone from this school ages ago.” He says the last part lowly, “I’d make sure of that.”

Miyeon was looking at Chanyeol with a mixture of fear and shock but didn’t do anything. Haewon was eyeing her sister in concern while Ji-eun was just watching everything unfold like a drama.  

Their mother is in the Silver Rose? Well that kind of explains their arrogance and superiority in this school.

Chanyeol glared at her one last time before grabbing a stunned Ji-eun by the wrist and pulled her away.

Miyeon watched them leave, jealousy and rage bubbling up within her. Lee Ji-eun. I will get you for this. Chanyeol is mine and he always will be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though the story between Chanyeol and Miyeon gave her a surprise, what really perplexed her though, was the fact that he saved her from the two evil angel sisters.

And here she was being dragged down an empty hallway by none other than Chanyeol who at the moment looked really scary in her opinion. She didn’t dare try to pull her arm back just in case he tried to light her on fire or something because boy did his hand feel really hot on her skin right now.

When finally he stopped just before a corner, his back facing her and breathing heavily.

Ji-eun didn’t know what to do so she just stood their quietly waiting for Chanyeol to calm down.

Except he didn’t calm down and whirled on her, “why are you always in the middle of trouble?!” Chanyeol yelled at her. He didn’t even know why he was even yelling at her.

Ji-eun winced, stepping back surprised by his anger directed at her.

“I’d like to know myself.” She murmurs but too afraid to look at him in the eye. He seriously looked scary.

Chanyeol pressed his lips together and backs her into a wall, slamming his hand on one side of her face. His attractive face was very close to hers. Ji-eun’s heart hammered in her chest rapidly, “you should defend yourself next time.” He says this time more softly but firm. “You aren’t always going to be rescued.”

“I-I know.” She then turned her face up, dark brown eyes meeting and she gave him a small smile, “thank you for saving me from them. Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol heart skipped a beat. This was the first time he heard her say his name. And he liked it. But he wasn’t going to admit that.

With a sigh, he stepped back from her and looked elsewhere. “Don’t be late for our lunch rehearsal tomorrow.”

Ji-eun raised an eyebrow, you guys were the ones later than us last time. But decided not to say anything. “Sure.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry 38

We had another council meeting today. It turns out that the demons really are back.

One of the head committee members, Soohyun who is an archangel says he discovered information about the demons. Apparently, they had run away for a period of time to gather an army and plot to defeat the council and dominate the world.

To do this, the Demon lord have been trying to use ancient witch spells and potions to create evil terrifying creatures that we call Dalmundums. Only a few of our spies have seen these creatures and say that they range from different categories of levels. Level 1 Dalmundums being the lowest ranked, slowest and weakest to Level 4 being the highest ranked, fastest, strongest and extremely difficult to defeat.

However, what I don’t understand is how these demons were able to get their claws onto our spells and potions. They shouldn’t even have the magic to do sorcery.

Unless…There is someone helping them among our race.

I sincerely hope this isn’t true. Otherwise, all witches and warlocks around the world are in danger.  

===================================================

Annyeong Supernaturals!! 

Anger sure is a scary feeling. It makes you think irrationally and is very destructive too if it isn't dealt with well. 

Hope you enjoyed this chappie! And I have a surprise for you in the next chapter! So do anticipate it. 

Again, I love you all so much and many many thanks for the subs, comments and votes!! <3

Reply to chapter 16 comments:

Cuddly12: AHAHA I'm glad you find it funny!! And yes, I do hope Ji-eun's aunt is safe too! Hmm, who could it be? ;)

PrincessSiSi: Yay new sub! Awww Thank you so much for you're compliments. You are too kind. *Bows*

1Lainz: Yeeee, I'm glad you liked it!! AHA I know right XD 

UaenaExoticInspirit: Hehehe. <3

mimi_00: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! :D 

 

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Until next time Supernaturals, see ya. 

Author-nim~