Chapter 11

The Truth Cannot Be Hidden Forever

"That was pretty hic, embarrassing. It’s been ages since I’ve been embarrassed like this." Ji-eun mumbled to herself and covered her warm cheeks as she walked towards the gym. Another person I need to absolutely avoid unless I wanna be killed by Jiwoo and her friends.

Ji-eun didn’t need to change because her uniform was already fit for training, which was what it was originally designed for. If only Eunji was in my Mystic training class. I feel kind of lonely without her.

When she walked into the gym, she saw some groups of students but the teacher wasn’t present yet. Ji-eun paused at the door for a few seconds and felt again, yes! The hiccups are gone.

Happily, she walked further in, passing some students who turned around to look at her. It was a group of angels and fairies. Ji-eun’s eyes widened when she recognised Jiwoo, Soobin and Yeeun amongst the group.

“Hm? Who do we have here?” One of the fairies said stepping towards her.

“Oh uh! Annyeonghaeseyo!” Ji-eun greet nervously and tried to pass by.  

“Hold on.” Ji-eun slowly turned back around silently praying for them to leave her alone. “You’re the new student aren’t you? The angel without wings?” She turned slightly to face the speaker, it was Jiwoo.

“Y-yes.” Ji-eun stuttered. Wait, don’t show them you’re scared Ji-eun. She straightened up and looked them directly in the eye. “I am.”

The angels and fairies laughed but not in a friendly way. “Who even gave permission for an abnormal angel like you into this school? What are they trying to do? Ruin Mystical High’s reputation?” Jiwoo mocked.

Its reputation is already ruined with you supernaturals in here. Ji-eun wanted to say but thought better of it. She glanced around and saw more students were beginning to crowd them watching and waiting for some drama to unfold.

Keeping a low profile didn’t seem like it was going to happen anymore. “So this is the angel without wings?” An elf asked loudly. Ji-eun tried to ignore them and attempted to escape the crowd but they surrounded her. She was trapped.

“Yeah! I heard she’s in a group with Chanyeol and Baekhyun and that Introvert for a group assignment!”

A chorus of gasps sounded, followed by resentful comments full of envy thrown at her, mostly by the female students.

“I also heard her say she couldn’t sing. I was sitting behind her group in music class.” A siren sneered and the crowd laughed at her.

“She really is abnormal! Does she even have angel powers?”

“I bet she doesn’t!” Someone else added in. “Weakling!”

Ji-eun felt hurt but she was more baffled to be honest. Never in her 18 years of existence had she heard such hateful comments, and directed at her. Is this how Eunji felt? I thought this only happens in fiction.

Ji-eun scrutinized everyone’s simpering faces. Well, I’m not going to let their words get to me. If they’re looking for some kind of reaction, let’s give them a reaction.

“HAHAHAHA.” Everyone stopped and looked at her with shock.

“Yah wingless, why are you laughing?” Someone asked.

“Well, I was laughing with you. You said I was abnormal because I don’t have wings. So guess what? You’re absolutely right!” She started laughing again and the rest of the class just stared at her with a mixture of bewilderment and bemused expressions.

“I mean if I’m an angel and I wasn’t born with any wings, I couldn’t possibly be normal right?” She asked, grinning widely.

The group of students just gave her weird looks and some began to walk away, “she’s gone nuts.”

More resentful comments were said but she just kept smiling at them even though it was hard.  

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew past the whole class making the large gym doors and windows close loudly, the sound rattling the walls. Everyone became silent and stared at a tall figure who had just walked in, the aura around him intimidating everyone.

“It’s so noisy in here.” Sehun stated, darkly.  

At that moment, the rest of the EXO-K members walked in after him, the whole class watching them with respect and awe.

Ji-eun took that time to escape the mass of students and stood away from them. She glanced at EXO-K to see Kai looking at her, his eyebrow raised and an amused expression on his face. He slightly lifted his hand to wave at her and she quickly looked away hoping no one saw him do that or she would surely die by the wrath of Jiwoo.

After a few moments, the teacher came in, he looked like he was in his mid 20’s and was quite good-looking. Whoa, he looks fairly young.

“Kids...” He started, “who closed the door on me?”

Baekhyun laughed, “It was the wind guy here, ssem.” He answered, putting his arm around Sehun who shrugged him off.

The teacher crossed his arms and gave a small smile, “ahh of course.” He shook his head, “always in one of his moods.”

Ji-eun just stared at him shocked, okay? This teacher is fine with what he just did?

The teacher’s eyes landed on Ji-eun, “oh? Who’s this? New student?” Everyone turned to stare at her but no one dared say anything. Most of the EXO-K members were surprised to see her in their class.

Immediately, Ji-eun bowed respectfully, “neh. Seonsangnim. Lee Ji-eun imnida.”

The teacher laughed, “no need to be so formal with me, I’m Lee Jongsuk. You may call me Jongsuk or ssem. Either is fine with me.” He leaned in a little and whispered, “but the female students tend to like calling me by my name.” He winked and Ji-eun just stared at him with wide eyes.

“Ah n-neh ssem.”

 “So Ji-eun, you’re an angel?”

Ji-eun looked down and nodded, here it comes again about the wings. “Neh.”

Jongsuk just looked at her and blinked, “okay.” He said then walked off, looking at the rest of the class leaving Ji-eun a bit stunned.

 “Welcome to Mystic training. To those who don’t know me but I’m sure most of you do by now, I like to be lenient with my students and have fun in this class. In this subject, we practice our individual powers, train in combat and do fighting matches.”

Some supernaturals whooped in excitement while Ji-eun just stared at the floor. What do I do? I’m practically useless with my angel powers. I’m surely going to be mocked again. Hmm I know how to fight I guess. She glanced around, but everyone seems so much more powerful than me, what’s the point if I can fight?

"Today, we will play a game." He grinned mischievously and taped his temple, “this will be a test of skills, no powers or abilities, just skills and…senses.”

"Everyone grab a partner." 

Instantly everyone joined pairs, some of the girls looking longingly at EXO-K but they knew that they would most likely be paired between themselves. 

Ji-eun just stayed behind the group as she knew no one wanted to pair up with her. What she didn’t know was that someone was watching her out of the corner of his eye. 

"This is going to be a game of trust and faith, so make sure you’re with someone you want to be with." Jongsuk called over the noise from the students.

Kai began to walk away from EXO-K while they were deciding who to go with who between themselves.

"Yah Kai, where are you going?" Baekhyun called and EXO-K turned to watch Kai stalk off to a particular angel.

Some females turned to see the striking male head towards their direction and began to whisper to each other excitedly. But all too soon their expressions of delight started to die down and turn into fury as the object of their affection didn’t spare them a glance and instead was heading towards a certain wingless angel.   

Ji-eun’s heart jumped when she heard a masculine voice whisper in her ear, "hey hiccups.”

Kai smirked at her. “You’re my partner for today."

"W-what? Who said?" Ji-eun stuttered. I can’t be partners with Kai! Those angels will surely hunt me down and I definitely won’t be able to keep a low profile at school! Not that I can anymore but it’s just going to get worse.

“Why is she with Kai? How dare she? First the ill-mannered introvert and now her.”

“How did she manage to seduce him anyway? He hardly talks to any girls. What kind of spell did she put over him?”

Ji-eun frowned, how her classmates could make such assumptions was beyond her. She kind of gasped in surprise when Kai spoke, she had almost forgotten he was still there. “Don’t mind them, they’re just jealous.” Damn right they are.

She stole a glance at the angels who were giving her the daggers with such intensity she shivered, Jiwoo being the most obvious in displaying her growing abhorrence for her at the moment.

She turned back to Kai who just gave her a charming smile and she kind of just blinked at him horrified. Why is avoiding them so hard. Her eyes wondered over to the EXO-K members, they were all looking at them with different expressions. Suho was frowning, Sehun had his usual stone face with cold eyes, Baekhyun looked at them with mild interest while D.O cast them a curious glance. Chanyeol was just plain glaring.

Kai saw her looking at his brothers and chuckled waving a lazy hand, "don’t worry, they can find another partner" he drawled. 

Seeing as how Ji-eun was about to protest, he turned to fully face her, “look, I really didn’t want to have to say this but I’d rather you stay silent and agree. If not,” he smiled at her in a way that scared her, “I’ll make you.”

Ji-eun stared at him, her eyes wide and she felt fear grip her heart. Something is definitely wrong with this guy.

“But-“ She shut up when he shot her a sharp look.

“Okay. Since everyone is in pairs, I’ll start.” Jongsuk interrupted and Ji-eun had no choice but to give up. "First exercise is that one person from each pair will be blindfolded while the other will be the persons eyes. This is the trust game." Jongsuk said handing each pair a blindfold. He stopped in front of Ji-eun and Kai giving them an amused smile. "Interesting pair." He murmured.

"Alright you may go anywhere inside the gym and out into the field but nowhere else."

Everyone then set off with their partners. 

Kai handed Ji-eun the blindfold as they went into a more secluded area with less students around, "wanna be blindfolded?" He asked, his eyes shining playfully.

"Err." I don’t like that look in his eye, he might lead me to fall into a ditch somewhere or something. Ji-eun thought, still a bit shaken from his hidden threat before.  

Kai chuckled at her hesitation, "I’ll go first then."

He placed the blindfold over his eyes and said "I’m placing all my trust and faith in you now, Hiccups." He smiled and Ji-eun felt her face heat up, lucky he couldn’t see her.

"Um, let’s go over to sports field." Ji-eun began instructing him where to go and what was ahead. Kai was doing pretty well at following her instructions so she needn’t worry about how she was saying things.

"There are 2 steps ahead about 5 metres away, going down. Just keep walking and I’ll let you know when you are at the steps." 

Kai just nodded and walked forward confidently without having to putting his hands out to keep his balance. 

“Why did you choose to be my partner?” Ji-eun was dying to ask him that question and she couldn’t hold it back anymore.

Kai paused, standing perfectly straight and balanced on top of a ledge near the stands. Finally he shrugged. “No particular reason. You're pretty interesting I guess.”

“You became my partner because I was intriguing? Am I some sort of entertainment now?”

“Pretty much.” He smiled a bit. “Entertainment that comes in the form of a little girl who hiccups and walks around with her eyes closed.”

“What? I’m not a little girl. I’ll have you know that I am way past the age of 12. And when are you going to get over that already.” I hope he gets bored of me soon then. So he won't stick around and I hopefully won't have any trouble with Jiwoo.    

Kai chuckled but didn’t argue.

“Seems like you stopped hiccupping.” He said, as he continued forward.

“Yeah, I guess I did. There is a step about 3 metres ahead by the way.” Ji-eun replied.

Kai hummed in response as he walked up the step. “Any reason why you decided to transfer into this school, half way through the year?”  

“Set of stands ahead diagonally to your right. All clear on your left. Uhh, not really. My aunt just decided to enrol me here.”

“Your aunt? What about your parents?” Kai asked as he turned left.

Caught off guard from the question regarding her parents, she tripped over the step she was about to walk on. She yelped and braced herself for the hard solid ground but was met with strong firm arms instead.

“Easy there.” Kai breathed into her ear.

Ji-eun looked up at him in surprise, how did he get here so fast? And more so, how did he know where she was?

“H-how did you know where I was?” Ji-eun asked, “you’re still blindfolded.”

Kai took off his blindfold and smirked at her, “I don’t need to see to know where you are, Hiccups.”

Ji-eun opened to say something when he shoved the blindfold in her direction, “you’re turn.”

Seeing her expression, he added, “come on, it’ll be like how you walk around with your eyes closed.” He chortled.

Ji-eun shot him a small glare and slowly took the blindfold from him uneasily as he shot her another smirk, finding enjoyment in making her uncomfortable.

She really regretted bumping into him in the hallway now. She should’ve just left the hiccups, they would’ve gone away on their own anyway.

Ji-eun reluctantly put on the blindfold, her hands slightly shaking. Now I’m stuck with this guy who’s beginning to give me the creeps.

Having the blindfold on was an entirely new experience for her. She felt like all her sense were blocked– not just her sight. And that made her feel even more anxious than she already was.

“The gym doors are about 5 metres away, step to the left a bit so you can get through the door.” However, Kai’s instructions really gave her no assistance as she hadn’t the slightest idea how much to the left she should step and how far was 5 metres again? It really was difficult for her without her sight.

She almost walked into a wall if it weren’t for Kai who fortunately stopped her in time. Luckily, it was time to gather as a class again and Ji-eun was immensely relieved to take the blindfold off.

She was glad Kai didn’t lead her off a cliff somewhere– not that there were any cliffs but you get the point.

When they walked back towards the gym, Ji-eun saw Sehun and D.O already there before everyone else.

D.O put a hand up in greeting to which Ji-eun shyly nodded back to.

Her gaze travelled over to Sehun who turned his head and their eyes met. A tingle shot through her spine and she quickly looked away.

Ji-eun walked towards a wall, sitting down near it while Kai went towards his brothers.

A little moment later, everyone returned to the gym and gathered in front of Jongsuk, who gave them a rather devious grin. “I hope you guys enjoyed that little exercise. It was actually to get you guys a slight taste of what’s to come.”

Honestly, Ji-eun felt a bit unnerved at that statement. Little exercise? Does that mean we’re not done with the blindfolds yet?

“This is where we get down to the real fun as I’m going to get you guys to spar,” Jongsuk paused and glanced at them all, a mischievous spark in his eye.

“Blindfolded.”

=========================================

Hey HEY SUPERNATURALS!!!!

Here is another chappie for you guys! I hope you enjoyed that little interaction with Kai :D 

More interaction with the other members to come. 

Thank you thank you for the subs and comment!! I am very glad you like my story!  

Do tell me what you think of this chappie in the comment section~!

Stay tuned for the next update!!

Love from Author-nim~